Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? 17:22 - Feb 11 with 25795 viewsNorthantsHoop

Wrong manager, this is not working, trouble is we lumbered ourselves with a 3 year contract and his coaching team.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:01]
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:01 - Feb 13 with 2395 viewsdistortR

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:51 - Feb 13 by daveB

even 2 years makes a lot more sense than 3 and a half. Just feels like a panic move because Beale walked away. Him going really shouldn't have been as big as deal as it has been

It's now left us in a hole that if it doesn't work out which is how it looks today they can't do anything about it which is crazy.

Or maybe, he's a continuity appointment, we were lucky he was available, and they wanted to tie him down.
The difference between beale's last few games as manager and critchley's is falling player confidence, beale's last 5 games were 4 defeats and a draw, 1 goal scored.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:25 - Feb 13 with 2290 viewsNortholt_Rs

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:01 - Feb 13 by distortR

Or maybe, he's a continuity appointment, we were lucky he was available, and they wanted to tie him down.
The difference between beale's last few games as manager and critchley's is falling player confidence, beale's last 5 games were 4 defeats and a draw, 1 goal scored.

‘we were lucky’. Yeah dead lucky.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:28 - Feb 13 with 2280 viewsdaveB

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:01 - Feb 13 by distortR

It's always a big risk though and more often of not you need to sack them which costs money, 3 and a half years seemed excessive to me for someone who isn't really proven
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:29 - Feb 13 with 2282 viewsdistortR

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:25 - Feb 13 by Northolt_Rs

‘we were lucky’. Yeah dead lucky.

ah, you're talking with hindsight now!
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:42 - Feb 13 with 2249 viewsQPR_Jim

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:59 - Feb 13 by PunteR

Yeh i agree with you to an extent , but if he was the cheaper option which is what ive read on here then its perfectly reasonable to question the motivation given we continually plead poverty.

I see your point but being cheaper than other managers wouldn't change the apparent continuity he offered. If the perfect option also happened to be the cheapest we shouldn't turn them down because they were cheap. That's not to say he has been the perfect appointment but he certainly seemed logical.

I dunno, I hope he turns the tide soon (as we all do) because he seems like a decent bloke and a lot of what's going on isn't his fault.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 23:41 - Feb 13 with 2099 viewsPunteR

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:42 - Feb 13 by QPR_Jim

I see your point but being cheaper than other managers wouldn't change the apparent continuity he offered. If the perfect option also happened to be the cheapest we shouldn't turn them down because they were cheap. That's not to say he has been the perfect appointment but he certainly seemed logical.

I dunno, I hope he turns the tide soon (as we all do) because he seems like a decent bloke and a lot of what's going on isn't his fault.

Yeh, I like him actually, and think he's got a very tricky job on his hands. I've got no idea what's going on behind the scenes so it's difficult to judge whos mainly at fault for our current situation but this team doesnt seem to be responding well to whatever things he's saying.
My view is the squad looks a mess and thats down to the people above Critchley.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 02:44 - Feb 14 with 1994 viewsCiderwithRsie

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:01 - Feb 13 by daveB

doesn't mean you have to give in to it, we didn't with Warburton who had a rolliing year to year contract

That worked out really well for us, didn't it.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 08:10 - Feb 14 with 1846 viewsnumptydumpty

I said it at the time.

Warburton should have been our long term manager full time.

The guy was given a standing ovation and a rendition of "Warburton's blue and white army", at his last home game.

Three and half years to Critchley was and is mad. If it was done for continuity reasons that's mad, when they got rid of the bread man.

The club have done it to themselves.

But heads really do have to roll up above as we heading nowhere and fast !!!
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 8:13]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 08:29 - Feb 14 with 1795 viewsNorthantsHoop

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 08:10 - Feb 14 by numptydumpty

I said it at the time.

The guy was given a standing ovation and a rendition of "Warburton's blue and white army", at his last home game.

Three and half years to Critchley was and is mad. If it was done for continuity reasons that's mad, when they got rid of the bread man.

Really liked Warburton as our manager, he gave the club and supporters respect and football was good. Never subscribed to all this not having a plan B rubbish, probably should have moved him up to DoF role and kept Eustace as head coach.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 08:36 - Feb 14 with 1777 viewstraininvain

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 08:10 - Feb 14 by numptydumpty

I said it at the time.

The irony is that the same people who were screaming for Warburton to go last season are the most vocal critics of Critchley. And the usual screaming mob on social media.

Granted, the team imploded under Warburton at the end of last season (bit of a habit with this team!) but had mitigating circumstances with injuries etc and were never in real danger of relegation during his reign as manager.

Can’t help but think that Ferdinand’s biggest failing as DOF was putting his personal feelings ahead of the club’s needs and not renewing Warburton’s contract. Maybe he was a useful scapegoat for Ferdinand but it’s proven to be a poor decision swapping stability and integrity under Warburton for the chaos under Beale and it could still prove disastrous.
Dynamic Leasership Coaching on 19:03 - Feb 14 with 1609 viewsmichealpetti105

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 08:36 - Feb 14 by traininvain

The irony is that the same people who were screaming for Warburton to go last season are the most vocal critics of Critchley. And the usual screaming mob on social media.

Granted, the team imploded under Warburton at the end of last season (bit of a habit with this team!) but had mitigating circumstances with injuries etc and were never in real danger of relegation during his reign as manager.

Can’t help but think that Ferdinand’s biggest failing as DOF was putting his personal feelings ahead of the club’s needs and not renewing Warburton’s contract. Maybe he was a useful scapegoat for Ferdinand but it’s proven to be a poor decision swapping stability and integrity under Warburton for the chaos under Beale and it could still prove disastrous.

We are providing the best dynamic leadership coaching to empower our clients. Our Life Coach is a professional who works with clients to help them achieve their goals.

https://dynleadco.com/
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:25 - Feb 14 with 1557 viewsThe_Beast1976

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 08:29 - Feb 14 by NorthantsHoop

Really liked Warburton as our manager, he gave the club and supporters respect and football was good. Never subscribed to all this not having a plan B rubbish, probably should have moved him up to DoF role and kept Eustace as head coach.

"probably should have moved him up to DoF role and kept Eustace as head coach".

^This could have been a masterstroke (potentially as good as the McCullum/Stokes pairing in the cricket). We'll never know now.

Time for Ferdinand to move on. The club is in an absolute mess. This is heading towards a mess of Summer 2001 proportions (but hopefully minus the relegation). Ferdinand has overseen it, therefore it's his mess. I have no confidence in him to clean up the mess, so time for him to go.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 21:30]
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:36 - Feb 14 with 1499 viewsozexile

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:25 - Feb 14 by The_Beast1976

"probably should have moved him up to DoF role and kept Eustace as head coach".

^This could have been a masterstroke (potentially as good as the McCullum/Stokes pairing in the cricket). We'll never know now.

Time for Ferdinand to move on. The club is in an absolute mess. This is heading towards a mess of Summer 2001 proportions (but hopefully minus the relegation). Ferdinand has overseen it, therefore it's his mess. I have no confidence in him to clean up the mess, so time for him to go.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 21:30]

Yeah it's time. It's just not working. No matter how much of a legend he is. We can't just sit on our hands.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:38 - Feb 14 with 1486 viewsRangersw12

He has to go tonight

Worst manager since Paul Hart
Dynamic Leasership Coaching on 21:38 - Feb 14 with 1476 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dynamic Leasership Coaching on 19:03 - Feb 14 by michealpetti105

We are providing the best dynamic leadership coaching to empower our clients. Our Life Coach is a professional who works with clients to help them achieve their goals.

https://dynleadco.com/

Why don't you head down to Loftus Road? Serious lack of leadership there.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:39 - Feb 14 with 1473 viewspaulparker

3-0 Luton
3-0 Hull
3-0 Sunderland

All within a few weeks

When is enough ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:41 - Feb 14 with 1457 viewssixnil

This team need a motivator..
I agree Warbs knew the right way forward for this club
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:41 - Feb 14 with 1444 viewsted_hendrix

His times up, never thought I'd say that.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:43 - Feb 14 with 1402 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:44 - Feb 13 by QPR_Jim

Can't understand that comment, he's got a similar background to Beale, has a similar approach to setting up his team, similar philosophy, he even took Beales old job at villa. It seemed like a sensible continuity appointment, if it was cheap that's a bonus not the motivation.

Sorry but I'm not buying that. Beale and Critchley are like chalk and cheese. One has great communication and motivational skills, the other could send a jellyfish to sleep.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:44 - Feb 14 with 1390 viewsPunteR

Yep, thats enough now.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:47 - Feb 14 with 1332 viewsOldPedro

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:43 - Feb 14 by Benny_the_Ball

Sorry but I'm not buying that. Beale and Critchley are like chalk and cheese. One has great communication and motivational skills, the other could send a jellyfish to sleep.

Beale had great communication skills my ar5e - he lied continuously and fu cked off leaving the team in a mess because most of the players he brought in are behaving like toddlers and don't want to play anymore

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:49 - Feb 14 with 1290 viewsTHEBUSH

The club have to do something, doing nothing, is not an option.

If Critchley goes , so does Les Ferdinand.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:50 - Feb 14 with 1267 viewsRanger_Things

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:41 - Feb 14 by ted_hendrix

His times up, never thought I'd say that.

Should have been binned at half time.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:51 - Feb 14 with 1238 viewsLblock

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:39 - Feb 14 by paulparker

3-0 Luton
3-0 Hull
3-0 Sunderland

All within a few weeks

When is enough ?

FFP

Beale

Stick to the plan

INSERT EXCUSE HERE

I don’t recall another Manager who has had this sort of form and kept their job

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:52 - Feb 14 with 1230 viewsDamo1962

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:41 - Feb 14 by sixnil

This team need a motivator..
I agree Warbs knew the right way forward for this club

I thought they brought in a Sports phycologist? Even he/she couldn't make the poor lambs feel better about themselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024