Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? 17:22 - Feb 11 with 25794 viewsNorthantsHoop

Wrong manager, this is not working, trouble is we lumbered ourselves with a 3 year contract and his coaching team.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:01]
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:53 - Feb 11 with 2439 viewsDiscodroids

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:43 - Feb 11 by Jigsore

This has nothing to do with anything really, and i'm not casting any sweeping judgements on the manager because I think a lot of these players are done and we'll find out precious little else this season but

Do you remember when Terry Connor was briefly in charge of Wolves before they got relegated from the PL? And every time he was interviewed he looked like he was about to burst into tears?

edit: actually watching the rest of it he could also just be inwardly furious
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:45]

The Thousand yard Stare.

A Number One.

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:54 - Feb 11 with 2431 viewsDejR_vu

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:51 - Feb 11 by ParkRoyalR

Laird was attacking when we lost possession for the 1st goal,

Hate to call him out but watch Dickie, he has to cover Laird and has one man to mark, Watmore, instead inexplicably steps to his left rather than to his right which would have opened up his body and made the pass to Watmore much more difficult,

This for me is a real example of why Dickie is better in a 3 than a 2, too often gets caught square-on like Onuoha did, but unlike Ned doesn't have the pace to dig himself out of these mistakes.

Dickie’s a liability. I’d be interested to see some stats on goals conceded when he plays versus when he doesn’t.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:55 - Feb 11 with 2418 viewsessextaxiboy

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:36 - Feb 11 by Rangersw12

I'm not usually one to want the manger out as I do get the restrictions but this just seems like Paul Hart all over again

Would you really trust NC to build something in the summer ?
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 18:37]

I would point to his time at Blackpool that given time he can turn results around , but as I say we cant afford to pay two coaching teams for another 2.5 years
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:04 - Feb 11 with 2363 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:43 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

You are literally arguing with legislation. It’s not an opinion, or point of view. You can’t shout it down, wish it away, or reason with it. QPR are on the brink of a breach. It’s not up for debate.

The League have said it
The Club have said it
Independent analysts have said it.

There are 10,000 threads on this forum about it.

But you know best. I’m not wrestling with pigs anymore.

I see you’ve edited your response.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 20:49]

No one is denying FFP's existence or the need to pay it due diligence, Miss Piggy. What I'm rejecting is the notion that only QPR are impacted by it, as well as the continuous use of FFP to mask the board's shortcomings. Folk like Les are paid very handsomely to put policies, procedures and protocols in place that enable QPR to thrive regardless. Whilst he trotting out excuses, other clubs with similar budgets and subject to the same laws find a way.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:05 - Feb 11 with 2360 viewsessextaxiboy

You are literally arguing with legislation. It’s not an opinion, or point of view. You can’t shout it down, wish it away, or reason with it. QPR are on the brink of a breach. It’s not up for debate.

The League have said it
The Club have said it

Although its a fact that we are on the brink I think its a legitimate point to ask how other clubs similar in budget to ourselves are managing it better .
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:08 - Feb 11 with 2343 viewsHayesender

Bumped into someone at half time who I hadn't seen since standing in front of him on the Loft terrace.

Had a much better 2nd half reminiscing than actually watching the game.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the only thing worth coming to the Bush atm

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:08 - Feb 11 with 2343 viewsRangersw12

The League have said it
The Club have said it

I get FFP but what I can't accept is that Luton and Millwall have lower budgets than us but out perform us every year

It's unacceptable and we should be having higher standards than just shrugging shoulders Les does it, Hoos does and so do some of the fans, it's pathetic and needs to change
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:08 - Feb 11 with 2328 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:05 - Feb 11 by essextaxiboy

Although its a fact that we are on the brink I think its a legitimate point to ask how other clubs similar in budget to ourselves are managing it better .

Yeah that is fair enough but Benny has edited his response. His original one said something very different.
Login to get fewer ads

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:12 - Feb 11 with 2294 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:08 - Feb 11 by Rangersw12

I get FFP but what I can't accept is that Luton and Millwall have lower budgets than us but out perform us every year

It's unacceptable and we should be having higher standards than just shrugging shoulders Les does it, Hoos does and so do some of the fans, it's pathetic and needs to change

This is well worn ground now, but it’s a fair point.

However, no one was complaining when the Johansens and Austins were rolling in or giving credit to excellent FFP management when we were top of the league.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:14 - Feb 11 with 2286 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:28 - Feb 11 by paulhoop2

By all accounts we could have had Ainsworth but board bulked at the compensation. Dull football but crowd would be behind him

Really? I want to watch good entertaining football, not getting it at the moment, but not Ainsworth.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:15 - Feb 11 with 2280 viewsJigsore

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:36 - Feb 11 by Benny_the_Ball

That's not saying otherwise, that's agreeing with my point. As you say, other clubs are managing to create FFP headroom by developing players and selling them on for profit. With the exception of Eze, QPR are not, despite the mission statement of "buy low, sell high". This is why criticism of the DoF is merited. He shouldn't be allowed to hide behind FFP when it's his job to put mechanisms in place that create this headroom.

I am agreeing with you yeah, I just can't get my head round why we see other clubs receive massive fees for decent players and we don't even get derisory bids for ours.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:22 - Feb 11 with 2198 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:12 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is well worn ground now, but it’s a fair point.

However, no one was complaining when the Johansens and Austins were rolling in or giving credit to excellent FFP management when we were top of the league.

Remind me how long we were top of the league for? A week? Our fans' expectations have been lowered so much by the current regime that topping the table for a week in September is worthy of an open bus parade around the Bush.

Les oversaw our relegation from the Premier League, wasted our parachute payments and has failed to get us in the play-offs for eight seasons.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:22 - Feb 11 with 2217 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:15 - Feb 11 by Jigsore

I am agreeing with you yeah, I just can't get my head round why we see other clubs receive massive fees for decent players and we don't even get derisory bids for ours.

Because ours are not actually that good unfortunately. Apart from Eze no one has been good enough, or those that might be have chronic injury problems which is why we get them cheap.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:29 - Feb 11 with 2182 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:08 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yeah that is fair enough but Benny has edited his response. His original one said something very different.

Pig insults. Claims of changing narrative. Come on now, Bazza, you're better than that.

Now, whilst I agree with you that sacking Critchley is not the answer can you please stop giving the board a free ride by helping them peddle the FFP excuse. Lest we forget, it was they who landed the club a record fine by brazenly flaunting FFP in the first place.

The bottom line is this; it's the board's job to understand the environment in which QPR operate (FFP included) and find a way for the club to progress regardless. It's our job as fans and custodians of this great club to hold them to account when they don't.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:30 - Feb 11 with 2174 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:15 - Feb 11 by Jigsore

You and me both, hence why questions should be asked of the board.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:34 - Feb 11 with 2153 viewsJigsore

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:22 - Feb 11 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Because ours are not actually that good unfortunately. Apart from Eze no one has been good enough, or those that might be have chronic injury problems which is why we get them cheap.

sorry to bang on about it but Semenyo got 8 league goals in 31 games last season and 6 this season before Bournemouth splurged £10m on him! to me part of it feels we just get the faeces-encrusted end of the stick when it comes to Premier League teams chucking money at other clubs

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:46 - Feb 11 with 2096 viewsMonkey_Roots

There’s no guarantee that Wilder, Ainsworth etc would yield any better.

We have chopped and changed so many managers, and yet look where we are.

I hope he’s given the time to get a preseason under his belt - if by, I don’t know, November - things are still not working, then fair enough.

He walked in to a sh*t show, and I think it’s unfair to lay it all at his feet, just because he sounds boring, or he doesn’t wear a cheeky expression on his face.

Our club has a malaise that has been festering for years.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:54 - Feb 11 with 2029 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:29 - Feb 11 by Benny_the_Ball

Pig insults. Claims of changing narrative. Come on now, Bazza, you're better than that.

Now, whilst I agree with you that sacking Critchley is not the answer can you please stop giving the board a free ride by helping them peddle the FFP excuse. Lest we forget, it was they who landed the club a record fine by brazenly flaunting FFP in the first place.

The bottom line is this; it's the board's job to understand the environment in which QPR operate (FFP included) and find a way for the club to progress regardless. It's our job as fans and custodians of this great club to hold them to account when they don't.

The pig reference was from a well known saying. This thread is about Critchley. The other 10,000 are about Les.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:03 - Feb 11 with 1983 viewsessextaxiboy

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:54 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

The pig reference was from a well known saying. This thread is about Critchley. The other 10,000 are about Les.

"To engage in a struggle with an opponent that benefits from the struggle even without winning it."
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:06 - Feb 11 with 1929 viewsstainrods_elbow

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 21:29 - Feb 11 by Benny_the_Ball

In. A. Feckin'. Nutshell!

The problem is that some of the people on this board have been brainwashed/browbeaten by the entrenched culture of failure perpetuated by the custodians of our club.

As to today's game, as I pick over the mostly dismal bones of it, three players going to head the same ball, and all failing, for that ridiculous 2nd Millwall goal would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:23 - Feb 11 with 1902 viewsMonkey_Roots

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:06 - Feb 11 by stainrods_elbow

In. A. Feckin'. Nutshell!

The problem is that some of the people on this board have been brainwashed/browbeaten by the entrenched culture of failure perpetuated by the custodians of our club.

As to today's game, as I pick over the mostly dismal bones of it, three players going to head the same ball, and all failing, for that ridiculous 2nd Millwall goal would be funny if it wasn't so serious.

You’re always the smartest fella in the room, eh?
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:30 - Feb 11 with 1863 viewsdigswellhoop

mr ferdinads major problem
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:37 - Feb 11 with 1826 viewspaulparker

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:30 - Feb 11 by digswellhoop

mr ferdinads major problem

The problem is he gave him a 3 and a half deal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:46 - Feb 11 with 1796 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Bazza if we’re so perilously close to breaking FFP rules have you any defence of the club giving this whimpering, helpless manager a three year contract? Otherwise it rather looks like the club has appointed one of the worst performing managers in our history but guaranteed him so much money for such a long time that we’re now stuck with him steering our handcart straight towards hell.

If that’s genuinely the situation we’ve got ourselves into then I really do truly despair.

I don’t see how Les can survive this appointment. I guess next you’ll be telling me he’s given himself a 7 year deal and we can’t afford to get rid of him either until 2030 at the earliest.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:58 - Feb 11 with 1729 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 22:46 - Feb 11 by Padulas_Shampoo

Bazza if we’re so perilously close to breaking FFP rules have you any defence of the club giving this whimpering, helpless manager a three year contract? Otherwise it rather looks like the club has appointed one of the worst performing managers in our history but guaranteed him so much money for such a long time that we’re now stuck with him steering our handcart straight towards hell.

If that’s genuinely the situation we’ve got ourselves into then I really do truly despair.

I don’t see how Les can survive this appointment. I guess next you’ll be telling me he’s given himself a 7 year deal and we can’t afford to get rid of him either until 2030 at the earliest.

I don’t accept the premise mate so can’t help you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024