Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread 09:30 - Feb 17 with 37689 viewsSuperhoops2808

So I hold the current record. The last time I started a match thread, we won against Preston in what feels like last year... Oh wait, it was - The 17th December and the last time we recorded a victory

So, exactly 2 months later, I have decided to start a match thread in the hope that this will turn the fortunes around.

I am going to go for another 0-1 away win. And why the optimism? Well a) eventually we have to win and b) Boro may feel like we are ripe for the taking (which we are) and be more relaxed about the whole match

Wishful thinking, but anyway - Lets see
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:03 - Feb 18 with 2609 viewsQPRSteve

young bench with Aohora and Drewe
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:04 - Feb 18 with 2568 viewsJigsore

That bench is... something.

Carrick has taken pity on us and human wrecking ball Crooks starts on their bench

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:05 - Feb 18 with 2549 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

After just seeing the team I fear the worst. I can 5 or 6 going past us, I have little to no faith in this club, or players anymore.

God, I hope I'm wrong.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:06 - Feb 18 with 2509 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Nice to see youngsters on the bench though.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:06 - Feb 18 with 2498 viewsOakR

Very surprised he is starting with basically the same team as in the week, bar Kakay.

Wonder if the bench is a message to certain players.

A bit lost for words with that selection, hopefully the formation is different

Poll: Will we stay up?

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:07 - Feb 18 with 2484 viewsgazza1

One change, an expected one.......I hope he does NOT play Field at RM. I also want Tim to have more freedom going forward.

Proper tough game that is NOT to big for us if we play we positivity and with professionalism - these sides in the Championship are all beatable.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:07 - Feb 18 with 2473 viewsNov77

Dozzell again?
Why?

Surely start with johansen and see how long he lasts.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:13 - Feb 18 with 2330 viewsdmm

No Armstrong. Roberts and Richards still not 'right' whatever that means. Oh dear.
Login to get fewer ads

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:14 - Feb 18 with 2311 viewseghamranger

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:06 - Feb 18 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Nice to see youngsters on the bench though.

We have no fit senior players, so this is it.

At least they are ours.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:15 - Feb 18 with 2304 viewslosethedrum

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:07 - Feb 18 by Nov77

Dozzell again?
Why?

Surely start with johansen and see how long he lasts.

Yes its like playing with 10 men from the start .
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:19 - Feb 18 with 2203 viewsbosh67

Armstrong being out is a worry. He barely touched the ball on Tuesday. Stefan didn't look at all match fit when he came on which was another worry. It shows just how thin the squad is and how little room Critchley has to do much. The hand he is dealt seems to get worse. Good that a few o the youngsters to get a bench place whatever happens.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:24 - Feb 18 with 2110 viewscolinallcars

Laird has lost his gallant, bonnie battle to be fit for the game.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:24 - Feb 18 with 2102 viewswortonranger

Now
If it were the other way round we would know we would expect to win easily and then mess it up surely happens to other teams too!
Miracles start here.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:25 - Feb 18 with 2092 viewsPlanetHonneywood

We look bloody weak.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:27 - Feb 18 with 2060 viewsderbyhoop

Other than Johansen and Adomah, can you see any of those players coming off the bench. Unless there are even more injuries.

I have to admit to veing absolutely shocked that Laird, Glass- Salter and Roberts decided they didn't fancy a trip to in form Boro. The fact that the legendary Richards, Balogun and Amos are also.missing is only a minor surprise.

Could we ask Boro to declare at HT?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:30 - Feb 18 with 2021 viewsOldPedro

Maybe one of the youngsters will come on and play well and show that they can play at this level.....

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:30 - Feb 18 with 2006 viewsQPROslo

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:19 - Feb 18 by bosh67

Armstrong being out is a worry. He barely touched the ball on Tuesday. Stefan didn't look at all match fit when he came on which was another worry. It shows just how thin the squad is and how little room Critchley has to do much. The hand he is dealt seems to get worse. Good that a few o the youngsters to get a bench place whatever happens.

Yes, 4 U23/ B team on the Bench. Remember Drewe playing for us before but not the other 3 in the Championship. Can only hope 1 or 2 come on and do well.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:32 - Feb 18 with 1949 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:05 - Feb 18 by Wilkinswatercarrier

After just seeing the team I fear the worst. I can 5 or 6 going past us, I have little to no faith in this club, or players anymore.

God, I hope I'm wrong.

‘Anymore’

😆
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:34 - Feb 18 with 1888 viewsQPRSteve

Just paid my tenner for the feed. I must be a glutton for punishment.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:35 - Feb 18 with 1886 viewsterryb

And Sheffield United have lost again!

'boro might start thinking that they can catch them now.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:35 - Feb 18 with 1868 viewsE17hoop

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:30 - Feb 18 by QPROslo

Yes, 4 U23/ B team on the Bench. Remember Drewe playing for us before but not the other 3 in the Championship. Can only hope 1 or 2 come on and do well.

I thought Drewe looked OK when he played - quick and keen to get forward.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:36 - Feb 18 with 1851 viewsSonofpugwash

Very lightweight lineup.
"Neither fish nor fowl nor fine red herring" as they say.
F*cking long way to go for a tonking.There are some decent curry shops and watering holes on the way home by way of compensation though.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:38 - Feb 18 with 1816 viewsqprd

You’ve got to feel bad for critchley in that he probably wants to change things up but he basicaly has 12 fit senior players…. We’ve got 4 kids on the bench with 2 combined efl appearances
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:42 - Feb 18 with 1723 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:30 - Feb 18 by OldPedro

Maybe one of the youngsters will come on and play well and show that they can play at this level.....

Maybe.

But I feel you will need a hug come 5pm.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 14:45]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:52 - Feb 18 with 1584 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:03 - Feb 18 by QPRSteve

young bench with Aohora and Drewe

This was our managers chance to send a message but like everything else he blew it.
Dozzell and Tim were useless on Tuesday both hauled off and their reward is a starting spot today.
Either NC has no choice or he is resigned to his fate which will come at 5pm today.IMO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024