Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread 09:30 - Feb 17 with 37688 viewsSuperhoops2808

So I hold the current record. The last time I started a match thread, we won against Preston in what feels like last year... Oh wait, it was - The 17th December and the last time we recorded a victory

So, exactly 2 months later, I have decided to start a match thread in the hope that this will turn the fortunes around.

I am going to go for another 0-1 away win. And why the optimism? Well a) eventually we have to win and b) Boro may feel like we are ripe for the taking (which we are) and be more relaxed about the whole match

Wishful thinking, but anyway - Lets see
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 17:38 - Feb 17 with 2543 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:06 - Feb 17 by PinnerPaul

13/8 giving us a goal start, if any of you 8-0 people fancy it?

What are the odds with a seven-goal start?
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 17:46 - Feb 17 with 2531 viewsngbqpr

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 16:25 - Feb 17 by Monkey_Roots

1-5

Martin 2, Chair 1, Lowe 1 and Timmy 1

If this doesn't happen, and I'm almost positive it will, I'll repeat this each game, adding 1 more each time.

1-6 with Sinclair's first goal, surely?

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 17:54 - Feb 17 with 2501 viewskropotkin41

Losing by 2 would count as a good result wouldn't it? Better than good, as has been said, miraculous.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 18:04 - Feb 17 with 2480 viewsDorse

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 15:32 - Feb 17 by QPRSteve

None of my lucky clothing seems to work anymore so I will be watching the game at home in the nude.

I never pictured you as a 23 year old blonde nymphomaniac with a pneumatic chest and a sort of 'where's Dorse' look on her face.

But I do now.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2023 18:04]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 18:20 - Feb 17 with 2436 viewseastside_r

Can’t see anything other than another comprehensive, dispiriting defeat, especially after what Boro did to Sheffield Utd.

For whatever reason the players don’t seem to be playing for the new coach.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 18:29 - Feb 17 with 2422 viewshook_hoops

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 18:20 - Feb 17 by eastside_r

Can’t see anything other than another comprehensive, dispiriting defeat, especially after what Boro did to Sheffield Utd.

For whatever reason the players don’t seem to be playing for the new coach.

That Boro’ win at Sheffield is giving me some scrap of optimism. I’m hoping they’ll think they only need to turn up to beat us. Complacency could be our best friend.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 19:47 - Feb 17 with 2342 viewsRangersw12

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 19:49 - Feb 17 with 2338 viewsManinBlack

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 10:34 - Feb 17 by ted_hendrix

We've become good at not winning, that's the only good thing about us at the moment, I dont recall a time when I've been so dejected about us almost to the point where I virtually/sometimes don't care anymore. No point either making silly predictions about us winning tomorrow we've got no bloody chance.

Apart from that have a nice day.

Totally agree with you. 6-0 to Boro. I was initially thinking it would be seven but I think Carrick will take players off for the next game and will stick at 6.
Login to get fewer ads

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 22:06 - Feb 17 with 2260 viewsManinBlack

The awful Cardiff now just 4 points behind after their first home win since October. Shows how dreadful we have been this year that a team who hadn't won at home in 5 months are closing in on us.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 22:08 - Feb 17 with 2252 viewsOldPedro

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 22:06 - Feb 17 by ManinBlack

The awful Cardiff now just 4 points behind after their first home win since October. Shows how dreadful we have been this year that a team who hadn't won at home in 5 months are closing in on us.

Also shows how quickly it can change - both games won with goals in the last 10 mins

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 22:29 - Feb 17 with 2216 viewsBoston

Nothing nothing...please.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 22:50 - Feb 17 with 2202 viewsOakR

8 points off the playoffs. The rise back up the table starts tomorrow!

Critchley to change it up, 3 at the back, Willock back in with Chair terrorising things left and middle with Paal, Field back in the middle with JoJo. Kakay in at right back from the start, solid backline and midfield Iif we can find another fit CB).

Adomah with winner of course.

1-0 to us.

You got to dream!

Poll: Will we stay up?

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 07:50 - Feb 18 with 2116 viewspaulparker

0-5 Boro , Critchley to stand on the sidelines with his arms folded

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 08:01 - Feb 18 with 2095 viewsstevec

Looking at todays fixtures, if we drop to 19th then we will have actually had a good day.

What a carry on.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 08:17 - Feb 18 with 2087 viewsDorse

I would love to think we'd get something out of this one but I can't see it happening. So, with that in mind, I'd settle for a genuine improvement in work rate / energy and attitude: if we're going to lose, don't make it easy for the buggers! Have a bit of dignity, ffs.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 08:35 - Feb 18 with 2071 viewsAndybrat

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 08:17 - Feb 18 by Dorse

I would love to think we'd get something out of this one but I can't see it happening. So, with that in mind, I'd settle for a genuine improvement in work rate / energy and attitude: if we're going to lose, don't make it easy for the buggers! Have a bit of dignity, ffs.

Dixon-Bonner debut?
Tony Mowbray comments show we need 5 at the back, have we got enough fit defenders?
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 09:51 - Feb 18 with 2010 viewsNushnool

I’m strangely optimistic for this one.

Prediction: just a 2-0 defeat.
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 09:58 - Feb 18 with 2002 viewsdavman

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 19:47 - Feb 17 by Rangersw12

We all know that they are a bunch of "nice" boys and credit to their parents. But, recruiting exclusively nice, young, injury prone boys as they are the "right, cheap" stuff gets us where we are.

Could do with some nasty shites who leave a kit kat wrapper on the floor of a train once in a while...

5-1 defeat and we mat even score first.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 11:31 - Feb 18 with 1902 viewsMick_S

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 19:47 - Feb 17 by Rangersw12

We’ve won something. Huzzahhh.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 13:05 - Feb 18 with 1749 viewsandrew1302

Millwall take early lead. Makes Boro even more up for it if it stays like that. Maybe 6 0 now. And that right back we were trying to poach from Milwall we must of been having a joke. I cannot think of a time i have been more disillusioned with our club , and that goes back to to nearly 55 years of support. There seems to be no area of the club from the owners to Hoos to Ferdinand to Critchley to the team which seems to be functioning well. I think this afternoon will be a major moment. Lose badly and i can see a total collapse. Lose not so badly or better and the demise will be like a slow puncture. There seems no way out of this hole as there is noone who knows how to own it and sort it. Ruben needs to make some big decisions which should include goodbye Les or he can put us into admin which will surely lose us the club completely. I just hope this afternoon will provide some cheer .
I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 13:41 - Feb 18 with 1667 viewsSimonJames

0-2 Chair, Dickie

100% of people who drink water will die.

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 13:53 - Feb 18 with 1629 viewsdanehoop

cricket score against us I fear.

Never knowingly understood

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:00 - Feb 18 with 1591 viewsaston_hoop

I'm not sure a cricket score but at least a tennis score. Maybe 6-1 or 6-0

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:01 - Feb 18 with 1555 viewsaston_hoop

that bench

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

I hold the record - Boro Match Thread on 14:02 - Feb 18 with 1533 viewsRangersw12

He really doesn't help himself picking the same players every week
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024