Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many points for safety. 20:15 - Mar 18 with 22245 viewsqpr_1968

i reckon another 6, that will give us 48.

ain't got a clue where they'll come from....we could lose to wigan then beat beat wba.
who knows.

but on paper....
wigan a....1 point
wba a .......0 points
burnley a....0 points
stoke a ......0 points

pne h ......1 point
coventry h..1 point
norwich h....0 points
bristol city h.....3 points....
last game will save us, could be another palace job back in 1999 was it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

How many points for safety. on 17:38 - Apr 22 with 3358 viewsDejR_vu

How many points for safety. on 17:34 - Apr 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Mathematically another 3 points will guarantee safety however I think that 1 or 2 may suffice as Wigan, Reading, Cardiff, Huddersfield and Rotherham all face each other in the run in. Wigan winning today was big because they avoided relegation and it keeps them interested for the next match at Reading.

Let’s not mess it up now, not after that result

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

How many points for safety. on 17:45 - Apr 22 with 3261 viewsBenny_the_Ball

How many points for safety. on 17:38 - Apr 22 by DejR_vu

Let’s not mess it up now, not after that result

Indeed. Although survival is paramount, I don't want us to be tagged as that team that only stayed up because Reading were docked points. Knowing QPR's luck it'll result in future legal proceedings with Gianni Paladini our key witness. Get a result at Stoke and then score 6 at the Loft End in the final match to send everyone home happy.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 17:46]
How many points for safety. on 18:33 - Apr 22 with 3017 viewsPinnerPaul

Mathematically the only way we now go down is we get 1 or none and Reading get 4 or 6 from the last two.
How many points for safety. on 18:40 - Apr 22 with 2948 viewsterryb

How many points for safety. on 18:33 - Apr 22 by PinnerPaul

Mathematically the only way we now go down is we get 1 or none and Reading get 4 or 6 from the last two.

Don't forget Blackpool can still match us.

I do agree that we are safe now though!
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 18:44]
How many points for safety. on 18:48 - Apr 22 with 2861 viewsBenny_the_Ball

How many points for safety. on 18:33 - Apr 22 by PinnerPaul

As it stands, another 2 may not be mathematically enough if Reading win their final 2 matches thanks to our terrible goal difference and the fact that Rotherham, Cardiff and Huddersfield have a game in hand.

However, this is somewhat mitigated by the fact that Rotherham have to play Cardiff and Wigan, Cardiff have to play Rotherham and Huddersfield, Huddersfield have to play Cardiff and Reading, and Reading have to play Wigan and Huddersfield. Something has to give.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 18:58]
How many points for safety. on 18:50 - Apr 22 with 2862 viewsloftus77

I'd say:

47pts - almost certainly won't be enough
48pts - could/may be enough: '50/50'
49pts - almost certainly will be enough
50pts+ to max of 53: officially enough
How many points for safety. on 18:52 - Apr 22 with 2844 viewsE15Hoop

How many points for safety. on 18:50 - Apr 22 by loftus77

I'd say:

Why not believe we can both games now??
How many points for safety. on 18:53 - Apr 22 with 2837 viewsqpr_1968

I'd say:

if we get 53 points, they should put us in the champions league next season after that run we've had.

Login to get fewer ads

How many points for safety. on 19:06 - Apr 22 with 2759 viewsBlackCrowe

Reckon we need another three. I've got a bad juju about that goal difference.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

How many points for safety. on 19:10 - Apr 22 with 2741 viewsqpr_1968

can someone put up the league table, our end, as it stands now.

sorry chaps, not that technical.

How many points for safety. on 19:10 - Apr 22 with 2738 viewsHillAndDerry

I'd say:

I am slightly more optimistic than this as I don’t see Reading getting more than three points from their final two matches - one against Wigan, who are battling, and the other versus Warnock’s Huddersfield away from home. I can’t see Blackpool winning their final two fixtures either.

My estimate:

47: 50/50 on whether this would be enough.
48: 70-80% chance of survival.
49 and 50: Definitely enough.

Obviously we need to keep fighting and try to get one more win to avoid a nervy final day.
How many points for safety. on 19:13 - Apr 22 with 2711 viewsManinBlack

How many points for safety. on 17:45 - Apr 22 by Benny_the_Ball

Indeed. Although survival is paramount, I don't want us to be tagged as that team that only stayed up because Reading were docked points. Knowing QPR's luck it'll result in future legal proceedings with Gianni Paladini our key witness. Get a result at Stoke and then score 6 at the Loft End in the final match to send everyone home happy.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 17:46]

Yes I tend to agree with you. It is a sign of the times that the EFL are effectively relegating teams with their rules rather than it being settled on the pitch. Reading could pay as did Derby last season. It is not how I like to see relegation battles decided but is the new normal.

Brilliant win today which I never imagined would happen. Had we taken one of those late two chances at West Brom we would have just about been safe now.
How many points for safety. on 19:23 - Apr 22 with 2657 viewsOldPedro

How many points for safety. on 19:13 - Apr 22 by ManinBlack

Yes I tend to agree with you. It is a sign of the times that the EFL are effectively relegating teams with their rules rather than it being settled on the pitch. Reading could pay as did Derby last season. It is not how I like to see relegation battles decided but is the new normal.

Brilliant win today which I never imagined would happen. Had we taken one of those late two chances at West Brom we would have just about been safe now.

Reading have been basically ignoring FFP rules for a few years so it was only a matter of time before they got some sort of penalty

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

How many points for safety. on 19:40 - Apr 22 with 2590 viewsqpr_1968

How many points for safety. on 19:10 - Apr 22 by qpr_1968

can someone put up the league table, our end, as it stands now.

sorry chaps, not that technical.

does anyone how.

How many points for safety. on 20:16 - Apr 22 with 2448 viewsBerkoRanger

How many points for safety. on 19:40 - Apr 22 by qpr_1968

does anyone how.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table
How many points for safety. on 20:18 - Apr 22 with 2440 viewsqpr_1968

How many points for safety. on 20:16 - Apr 22 by BerkoRanger

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table

cheers berko....

How many points for safety. on 20:31 - Apr 22 with 2388 viewsJuzzie

Wigan can’t catch us now and Blackpool have to win both and us lose both for them to go ahead of us on goal difference.

Don’t want to rely on other results and would like us to get at least one more win (though one draw may be enough with other teams below us playing each other) but the result at Burnley today was astronomical in so many ways.
How many points for safety. on 08:20 - Apr 23 with 2013 viewsGaryBannister86

How many points for safety. on 20:31 - Apr 22 by Juzzie

Wigan can’t catch us now and Blackpool have to win both and us lose both for them to go ahead of us on goal difference.

Don’t want to rely on other results and would like us to get at least one more win (though one draw may be enough with other teams below us playing each other) but the result at Burnley today was astronomical in so many ways.

We're now 8/1 to be relegated on Betfair if anyone fancies a compensation / saver. Decent chance Wigan can win at Reading which does the trick nicely.
How many points for safety. on 09:53 - Apr 23 with 1788 viewsQPRConor2000

The Burnley win puts the pressure firmly on Reading.

If we win at Stoke next week, then we are safe, regardless of results elsewhere.

A draw could be enough, if Reading lose.

even we could lose next week and still secure safety, if Reading lose.
How many points for safety. on 10:01 - Apr 23 with 1720 viewsjohnhoop

How many points for safety. on 08:20 - Apr 23 by GaryBannister86

We're now 8/1 to be relegated on Betfair if anyone fancies a compensation / saver. Decent chance Wigan can win at Reading which does the trick nicely.

Wigan have won their last two. It was great that they won yesterday because it means they still have an outside chance of survival and they’ll be really up for it against Reading.
Burnley got what they deserved yesterday after handing Reading a point with the massively weakened side they put out.
How many points for safety. on 10:58 - Apr 23 with 1608 viewsthemodfather

i hoped 48 would be enough and we have 47. with 2 games left and the morale boost of that unforeseen win at the champions, elect, maybe get to the magic 50? still think 48 could do it.
How many points for safety. on 11:21 - Apr 23 with 1534 viewsozranger

I'll add my tuppence. There are two scenarios, amongst the hoards that appear to exist, where we can lose both matches and survive. The first is obvious, that being Reading lose one match of the two they are playing. The second is one of those more interesting ones. Huddersfield losing to both Sheffield and Cardiff or a loss and a draw. If the latter happens then we are also safe as even if Reading win against Wigan, then they would be on 46 with Huddersfield on 45 and as they play each other in the final round and both cannot overtake us. Of course, Blackpool could win both and then overtake us on goal difference.
How many points for safety. on 11:42 - Apr 23 with 1461 viewsDejR_vu

I’m hoping everyone else just lose and take it out of our hands.

It would be so QPR to get that result yesterday, lose the next two and get relegated on goal difference by the team that beat us 6-1, Wells coming on late to score the winner for City, at The Loft end, to seal our fate.😱
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 12:09]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

How many points for safety. on 14:42 - Apr 23 with 1224 viewsPinnerPaul

For now it quite simple - match Reading's result next week and we're safe.
How many points for safety. on 14:45 - Apr 23 with 1214 viewsE15Hoop

How many points for safety. on 11:42 - Apr 23 by DejR_vu

I’m hoping everyone else just lose and take it out of our hands.

It would be so QPR to get that result yesterday, lose the next two and get relegated on goal difference by the team that beat us 6-1, Wells coming on late to score the winner for City, at The Loft end, to seal our fate.😱
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 12:09]

Nah, I don't see that happening, DV.
I think that win yesterday has cured the malaise that was hanging over the squad.
They've learnt the following lessons:
1. GA has a plan that will work IF they commit to it fully.
2. Winning football matches at this level and at this stage of the season has as much to do with focus, determination, belief and resilience than it does with perfecting technical ability,
3. Because of 2, they have, in the space of 100 minutes, managed to turn despair into hope, which shows them that they have the tools to win, even against the odds.
All of this is hugely significant, and are importnat life lessons for 20-something young men who have probably not had to face many battles in general in life to this point, and they have a Manager in GA who, if nothing else, is committed to helping them learn and develop as people as well as the kind of players he feels he can use.
I genuinely believe that this will not be lost on the players, and I think a number of them will have spent today thinking back to the haka, and what that was all about, and why GA went out of his way to bring that to the table.
Now, of course, its possible that a few of them will think "job done", and become complacent, but I don't think there is any chance whatsoever that GA will let them get away with that having worked so hard to get them to this point where they're putting themselves completly on the line for him and each other.
Besides which, this club is the expert in swinging wildly between triumph and disaster without ever completely achieving either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024