Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Completely Inept McNulty 16:54 - Apr 15 with 32759 viewsBarrowdale

Hang your head in shame. Gave them the first by your insistance that we should play from the back when we aren’t anywhere near hood enough. Even worse is that you don’t see it and continue repeating the madness. The fans dont want it, clearly the players dont but hey ho.
No attack, no shots, negative back passing and a lack of a game plan. Subs too late again, shall I go on.
Only positive is at least we know that you are not our nxt manager.
What a pathetic spineless way to send us to non league. Absoluted devastated at that performance.
Completely Inept McNulty on 23:36 - Apr 17 with 1898 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:31 - Apr 17 by 442Dale

Where was it reported he only had two training sessions?

Oooh, that's a good question. I imagine only someone with insider info would know that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:38 - Apr 17 with 1883 viewsLaveritty

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:53 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Maybe you should read more of the thread before commenting then so you can get the full picture.
Budget massively cut which was already the lowest in league 1. Let’s be honest, Dale were always punching well above their weight in league 1.

But don’t let the facts get in the way of your own biases.

As stated the football was some of the best we’ve played, not the results. Which is obvious to see.

But carry on with your soundbite and don’t bother reading the entire exchange

You’ll be delighted to know that I have finally caught up with all the posts in this thread and have read nothing to change my opinion. I stand by every word, bias and soundbite in my previous post.

You keep stating that “the football was some of the best we’ve played” It really wasn’t - it was turgid and sterile. Also, having now read the entire thread thus entitling myself to express an opinion, I didn’t see too many comments that agreed with you regarding the quality of the football.

As you seem to be so keen to extol the advantages of possession based football here’s a stat from a few years ago (apologies for repeating this as I had already recently posted it another thread) that I believe is a perfect example of why possession stats are meaningless:

Peterborough 6 (35% possession) Rochdale 0 (65% possession) …

Now I wonder who the Dale manager was for that game? 🤔

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:45 - Apr 17 with 1850 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:36 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

Oooh, that's a good question. I imagine only someone with insider info would know that.

Stockdale sacked on a Thursday
Stands to reason that there would only be around 2 sessions in a week where there’s 3 games!

Goodness apparently having a different opinion means you’re an informant, shall refrain from sharing in the future lest be accused of being a former managers mother
Completely Inept McNulty on 23:48 - Apr 17 with 1837 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:30 - Apr 17 by Sandyman

irishdale2022 is a mate of BBM and is Jim McNulty or a brilliant wind up merchant acting on his behalf.
I claim £5.
After the rhetoric tonight, I wouldn't want anyone with such a mindset as manager next season. Someone so very very self-defensive is only interested in the self, not the club, especially after a glass or two.

Next...

Or someone with a different opinion to you that’s entitled to it! but yes the more logical argument is that’s I’m BBM fresh from reading a coaching manual
Completely Inept McNulty on 23:50 - Apr 17 with 1825 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:38 - Apr 17 by Laveritty

You’ll be delighted to know that I have finally caught up with all the posts in this thread and have read nothing to change my opinion. I stand by every word, bias and soundbite in my previous post.

You keep stating that “the football was some of the best we’ve played” It really wasn’t - it was turgid and sterile. Also, having now read the entire thread thus entitling myself to express an opinion, I didn’t see too many comments that agreed with you regarding the quality of the football.

As you seem to be so keen to extol the advantages of possession based football here’s a stat from a few years ago (apologies for repeating this as I had already recently posted it another thread) that I believe is a perfect example of why possession stats are meaningless:

Peterborough 6 (35% possession) Rochdale 0 (65% possession) …

Now I wonder who the Dale manager was for that game? 🤔

Peterborough former championship side with triple the playing budget 6-0 Rochdale with crap budget
Completely Inept McNulty on 23:53 - Apr 17 with 1822 viewsSandyman

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:48 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Or someone with a different opinion to you that’s entitled to it! but yes the more logical argument is that’s I’m BBM fresh from reading a coaching manual

Explain it to me in the Dale Bar tomorrow night. First pint on me. They all know me in there and I'm the least threatening bloke on the planet who loves to talk Dale like you do.

Look forward to our conversation.
Completely Inept McNulty on 23:55 - Apr 17 with 1810 views442Dale

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:50 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Peterborough former championship side with triple the playing budget 6-0 Rochdale with crap budget

Where are the details of our playing budget that season?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:56 - Apr 17 with 1798 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:53 - Apr 17 by Sandyman

Explain it to me in the Dale Bar tomorrow night. First pint on me. They all know me in there and I'm the least threatening bloke on the planet who loves to talk Dale like you do.

Unfortunately I’m not one for bars anymore, but happy to have a cuppa with you before the game
Login to get fewer ads

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:58 - Apr 17 with 1788 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:55 - Apr 17 by 442Dale

Where are the details of our playing budget that season?

My own personal estimations given the publicly stated financial state of the club at the time
Completely Inept McNulty on 23:58 - Apr 17 with 1791 viewsLaveritty

Where’s Nigel Watson tonight?

Completely Inept McNulty on 00:01 - Apr 18 with 1779 viewsLaveritty

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:56 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Unfortunately I’m not one for bars anymore, but happy to have a cuppa with you before the game

…but I can’t be too late cos I’ve got to hand the team sheet in to the ref by 6.45 🤣

Completely Inept McNulty on 00:05 - Apr 18 with 1769 viewsSandyman

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:56 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Where?
Completely Inept McNulty on 00:13 - Apr 18 with 1748 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:50 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

They've been a former Championship side before when we've beaten them.

And that was without a crap budget that somehow allowed us to sign a future Spanish international goalkeeper on loan.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Completely Inept McNulty on 06:59 - Apr 18 with 1631 viewsNigelWatson

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:24 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

This has been explained to him twice now

He knows that's what happened, it's simply a case of refusing to acknowledge it

Gerrit forward
Completely Inept McNulty on 07:02 - Apr 18 with 1622 viewsNigelWatson

Completely Inept McNulty on 21:59 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

You also score and create less when you don’t do it. Bentleys team didn’t play in “daft areas” would you like to return to those tactics?

4 games played:7 points that’s 1.75PPG which is 80 points over a season. Which probably get you promoted.

The honest answer is the 'Gerrit forward' idiots would prefer to be in the National League playing 'Gerrit forward' direct football. They spend too much time in the Cemetery drinking real ale and don't have a Scooby-Doo about football
Completely Inept McNulty on 07:04 - Apr 18 with 1621 viewsNigelWatson

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:03 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

How many times has max given the ball away in the last 4 games? And how many chances has it lead to?

The risk is worth the reward

What I’m trying to say is that you give the ball away all the time in football. I’d rather see them doing it trying to find a teammate than needlessly giving the ball to the opponents direct with no intention of trying to keep it

You are wasting your time, mate. They don't get it because they don't have a clue about what they're watching
Completely Inept McNulty on 07:08 - Apr 18 with 1613 viewsNigelWatson

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:10 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Agreed it is a small sample. Which is why you can’t judge an individual performance off of it. Especially when the man has only been in a job 2 weeks

You can’t deny the games on the whole have been more entertaining and enjoyable?

Enjoyable? That's subjective. The 'Gerrit forward' idiots hate passing football, and, in particular, can't cope with a 'baller' playing in the centre of defence. That's why a lot of these idiots had a particular loathing for McNulty as a player.
Completely Inept McNulty on 07:11 - Apr 18 with 1612 viewsNigelWatson

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:20 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Stats show you can’t outrun your XG and it is a true measure of performance. I’d take that consistently over a season and I’d guarantee we’d win more games than we lose if our XG is higher than our opponents.

This is proven btw. Recommend reading the Expected Goals Philosophy if you want to read up yourself

You're wasting your time, mate - they're not interested in 'fancy' stuff like that!
Completely Inept McNulty on 07:15 - Apr 18 with 1587 viewsirishdale2022

Baffled!

They had the style they wanted under Bentley for 6/7 months and the football was woeful as was the results. If the results are going to be bad I’d rather watch better football.
Completely Inept McNulty on 07:19 - Apr 18 with 1585 viewsNigelWatson

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:49 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Maybe you should read one of McNulty coaching manuals. You may see what he’s trying to do and won’t get so jittery when then players try to implement it! Ever thought the booing and the. “Get I forward” shouts are the reason max Taylor may look uncomfortable? Not the fact he’s trying to do what he’s actually quite good at?

They also don't understand the effect that their 'Gerrit forward' type comments have on the players. It's all heard on the pitch, and it certainly does not help.
Completely Inept McNulty on 07:26 - Apr 18 with 1564 viewsNigelWatson

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:53 - Apr 17 by Sandyman

A barely concealed threat of physical violence - nice.
Another real ale drinking PC authoritarian.
Completely Inept McNulty on 09:08 - Apr 18 with 1429 viewsTrev

What a load of boring nonsense. Why do people insist on arguing with these trolls?
Completely Inept McNulty on 09:33 - Apr 18 with 1362 viewsSandyDrum

I used to love reading and interacting with this forum but near enough every thread just turns into the same 5 or 6 people tediously arguing over the same things over and over again.

So unbelievably dull.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Completely Inept McNulty on 10:05 - Apr 18 with 1302 viewsIOMDale

Completely Inept McNulty on 09:33 - Apr 18 by SandyDrum

I used to love reading and interacting with this forum but near enough every thread just turns into the same 5 or 6 people tediously arguing over the same things over and over again.

So unbelievably dull.

I was going to post along similar lines. The forum used to be a great distraction when the football was bad but almost every thread is now being hijacked by the same boring t0ssers.

UTDNFS

Completely Inept McNulty on 10:40 - Apr 18 with 1216 viewsDalenet

Completely Inept McNulty on 07:15 - Apr 18 by irishdale2022

Baffled!

They had the style they wanted under Bentley for 6/7 months and the football was woeful as was the results. If the results are going to be bad I’d rather watch better football.

But the club won't survive with only 1 person paying to watch them.

The majority of fans just want to watch decent football, from players that can be arsed and put a shift in. We know we can't afford world beaters and, if we find one, we now they'll be sold within a season. We will never have a top of table budget, but when Morecambe, Accrington and others can manage League One on a budget akin to ours, we all know what is possible. Parkin and Hill managed to do it on a lot smaller budgets than we have today. If you think people will come to watch us lose every game but knowing that we played some decent possession based football for a few minutes then you are deluded. We barely had 2000 home fans last weekend - for a game that was critical for us. How many tonight? We are haemorrhaging paying customers for goodness sake.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024