Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Completely Inept McNulty 16:54 - Apr 15 with 32798 viewsBarrowdale

Hang your head in shame. Gave them the first by your insistance that we should play from the back when we aren’t anywhere near hood enough. Even worse is that you don’t see it and continue repeating the madness. The fans dont want it, clearly the players dont but hey ho.
No attack, no shots, negative back passing and a lack of a game plan. Subs too late again, shall I go on.
Only positive is at least we know that you are not our nxt manager.
What a pathetic spineless way to send us to non league. Absoluted devastated at that performance.
Completely Inept McNulty on 20:53 - Apr 18 with 3060 viewsblackdogblue

Completely Inept McNulty on 18:14 - Apr 18 by Sandyman

A delightful REAL ALE.
The landlord's name 's are many.
REAL ALE (cue online HYSTERIA)

Reminds me Def Leppard playing at Sheffield Utd’s ground… will be going 👍

Hysteria is a great album 👍

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Completely Inept McNulty on 23:09 - Apr 18 with 2752 views_Windydale

Completely Inept McNulty on 20:53 - Apr 18 by blackdogblue

Reminds me Def Leppard playing at Sheffield Utd’s ground… will be going 👍

Hysteria is a great album 👍

I like pyromania better.
Completely Inept McNulty on 08:50 - Apr 19 with 2534 viewsNorthernDale

I would not be surprised if McNulty is appointed as manager in a few weeks time, because he will no doubt help draw up the retain list and there is a deadly silence from the club.

Talking to some Tranmere fans last night, they said don't pick Micky Mellon, he is cr*p, but we are not exactly an attractive proposition, because I heard someone say Bentley was either 4th or 5th choice, when appointed.
Completely Inept McNulty on 09:08 - Apr 19 with 2472 viewsTalkingSutty

Completely Inept McNulty on 08:50 - Apr 19 by NorthernDale

I would not be surprised if McNulty is appointed as manager in a few weeks time, because he will no doubt help draw up the retain list and there is a deadly silence from the club.

Talking to some Tranmere fans last night, they said don't pick Micky Mellon, he is cr*p, but we are not exactly an attractive proposition, because I heard someone say Bentley was either 4th or 5th choice, when appointed.

Tranmere fans ( five of them) who sat with us in the bar pre-match suggested we should be moving hell and high water to appoint Mellon. He did a brilliant job getting them out of the National League and is still highly respected by the fans.
Completely Inept McNulty on 09:14 - Apr 19 with 2438 viewsSaxonDale

Re:Mellon- The views here seem balanced and are worth a glance at

[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 9:14]
Completely Inept McNulty on 09:43 - Apr 19 with 2375 viewsNorthernDale

The fans are obviously divided on him, some say his tactics are negative, but on the other hand, he as experience of the national league, non-league football and crucially he as taken two teams up from the conference (Fleetwood & Tranmere).

He may be the right man, we may never know unless he is appointed and possibly with McNulty as his no 2 to help steady the ship. It is a difficult decision to make, to give McNulty the opportunity to show he is the manager in the making, we took a chance with KH and it worked, but failed with Stockdale. Or do we go for an experience manager and hope he is the right man.
Completely Inept McNulty on 09:48 - Apr 19 with 2357 viewsTalkingSutty

Completely Inept McNulty on 09:43 - Apr 19 by NorthernDale

The fans are obviously divided on him, some say his tactics are negative, but on the other hand, he as experience of the national league, non-league football and crucially he as taken two teams up from the conference (Fleetwood & Tranmere).

He may be the right man, we may never know unless he is appointed and possibly with McNulty as his no 2 to help steady the ship. It is a difficult decision to make, to give McNulty the opportunity to show he is the manager in the making, we took a chance with KH and it worked, but failed with Stockdale. Or do we go for an experience manager and hope he is the right man.

Personally I've seen and heard enough from Mc Nulty during his two spells to know he's not the right man. The last two home performances followed by his interviews are enough for me. Did we see a team and a manager fighting for their life's and busting a gut..no we didn't.
Completely Inept McNulty on 10:21 - Apr 19 with 2257 viewsDaleFan7

Completely Inept McNulty on 09:48 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

Personally I've seen and heard enough from Mc Nulty during his two spells to know he's not the right man. The last two home performances followed by his interviews are enough for me. Did we see a team and a manager fighting for their life's and busting a gut..no we didn't.

We can't afford to gamble next season on McNulty being a good manager, we really are staring in the face of what Scunthorpe have done and need to appoint the best person to arrest our slide.
Login to get fewer ads

Completely Inept McNulty on 14:20 - Apr 19 with 2019 viewsAtThePeake

Completely Inept McNulty on 10:21 - Apr 19 by DaleFan7

We can't afford to gamble next season on McNulty being a good manager, we really are staring in the face of what Scunthorpe have done and need to appoint the best person to arrest our slide.

Show me a manager who you can hire in the National League who isn't a gamble?

Tangled up in blue.

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:08 - Apr 19 with 1901 viewsTalkingSutty

Completely Inept McNulty on 14:20 - Apr 19 by AtThePeake

Show me a manager who you can hire in the National League who isn't a gamble?

Every manager is a gamble, exactly the same in the EFL. If we get to next season then whoever is the manager will be given a playing budget, we've seen very recently under Stockdale what happens when you give the money to a rookie manager. When the budget has gone it's gone. I would suggest that Stockdale had far more contacts than Mc Nulty when it came to assembling a squad of players and it proved to be a disaster. We will have one shot at it this summer ( hopefully), would it not be madness to just blindly go down the same route again with Mc Nulty? Why would we even risk it? His style of football belongs in a training academy, a non judgemental environment that doesn't rely on winning football matches and league tables are not required. No nasty people shouting at players when they perform like a snuggle of tree sloths. In fact a three- toed sloth could trap a ball better than some we had on the pitch last night.

There are managers out there who have succeeded and failed, every person who manages at whatever level in the pyramid suffers the sack at some point, sometimes on numerous occasions. We need somebody who has contacts, experience of the National League preferably and a personality to unite the club from top to bottom. Cock the next playing budget up and we'll go straight through the league.

There are loads of unemployed managers all vying for a limited number of jobs so the club won't be short of applicants, contrary to popular belief. Ideally a new manager will have already been found and could be appointed next week but i don't see that happening unfortunately.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 15:16]
Completely Inept McNulty on 15:19 - Apr 19 with 1865 viewsD_Alien

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:08 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

Every manager is a gamble, exactly the same in the EFL. If we get to next season then whoever is the manager will be given a playing budget, we've seen very recently under Stockdale what happens when you give the money to a rookie manager. When the budget has gone it's gone. I would suggest that Stockdale had far more contacts than Mc Nulty when it came to assembling a squad of players and it proved to be a disaster. We will have one shot at it this summer ( hopefully), would it not be madness to just blindly go down the same route again with Mc Nulty? Why would we even risk it? His style of football belongs in a training academy, a non judgemental environment that doesn't rely on winning football matches and league tables are not required. No nasty people shouting at players when they perform like a snuggle of tree sloths. In fact a three- toed sloth could trap a ball better than some we had on the pitch last night.

There are managers out there who have succeeded and failed, every person who manages at whatever level in the pyramid suffers the sack at some point, sometimes on numerous occasions. We need somebody who has contacts, experience of the National League preferably and a personality to unite the club from top to bottom. Cock the next playing budget up and we'll go straight through the league.

There are loads of unemployed managers all vying for a limited number of jobs so the club won't be short of applicants, contrary to popular belief. Ideally a new manager will have already been found and could be appointed next week but i don't see that happening unfortunately.

"If we get to next season..."

"We will have one shot at it this summer (hopefully)..."

Hmmm...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:20 - Apr 19 with 1864 viewsAtThePeake

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:08 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

But we've seen what can happen when we've given a budget to an experienced manager in the past too haven't we, with Coleman as one example. And it turned out quite well when we gave a rookie manager in Keith Hill a playing budget. It really isn't as simple as 'they need to be experienced'.

I'm not even saying McNulty deserves the job, but this idea that 'experience' guarantees anything from a manager in the lower leagues is one that I really can't agree with, especially after Bentley's spell in charge this season.

You say why would we even risk it, but you also said every manager hired at this level is a gamble. So hiring another 'experienced' manager would be a risk too.

I also disagree that we'll be inundated with applicants. People laughed when I suggested Alexander, Artell & Askey would turn us down when Stockdale left because of the mess we found ourselves in with the squad. We're now a division lower, with a tight budget, a load of crap players tied down for another season and a board that wants to sell up. Anyone with 'experience' who's applying for the Dale job this summer is desperate and knows they're unlikely to get many offers elsewhere.

Tangled up in blue.

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:20 - Apr 19 with 1864 viewsTalkingSutty

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:19 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

"If we get to next season..."

"We will have one shot at it this summer (hopefully)..."

Hmmm...

Exactly.
Completely Inept McNulty on 15:23 - Apr 19 with 1849 viewsD_Alien

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:20 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

Exactly.

And will this be added to the agenda at the Trust meeting tomorrow?

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:27 - Apr 19 with 1837 viewsTalkingSutty

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:20 - Apr 19 by AtThePeake

But we've seen what can happen when we've given a budget to an experienced manager in the past too haven't we, with Coleman as one example. And it turned out quite well when we gave a rookie manager in Keith Hill a playing budget. It really isn't as simple as 'they need to be experienced'.

I'm not even saying McNulty deserves the job, but this idea that 'experience' guarantees anything from a manager in the lower leagues is one that I really can't agree with, especially after Bentley's spell in charge this season.

You say why would we even risk it, but you also said every manager hired at this level is a gamble. So hiring another 'experienced' manager would be a risk too.

I also disagree that we'll be inundated with applicants. People laughed when I suggested Alexander, Artell & Askey would turn us down when Stockdale left because of the mess we found ourselves in with the squad. We're now a division lower, with a tight budget, a load of crap players tied down for another season and a board that wants to sell up. Anyone with 'experience' who's applying for the Dale job this summer is desperate and knows they're unlikely to get many offers elsewhere.

Well we'll beg to differ. I look at the players we have contracted to the club and the fact that it needs a rebuild. A squad of players that are equipped to compete at that level and a manager who knows what to expect. It all screams experienced manager to me.
Completely Inept McNulty on 15:36 - Apr 19 with 1814 viewsturnthescrew

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:23 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

And will this be added to the agenda at the Trust meeting tomorrow?

"Any other business"

Is it true that......
Completely Inept McNulty on 15:43 - Apr 19 with 1794 viewsD_Alien

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:36 - Apr 19 by turnthescrew

"Any other business"

Is it true that......

It's not that type of meeting, and although i understand where you're coming from, anything else would become irrelevant

Completely Inept McNulty on 16:00 - Apr 19 with 1730 viewsAtThePeake

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:27 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

Well we'll beg to differ. I look at the players we have contracted to the club and the fact that it needs a rebuild. A squad of players that are equipped to compete at that level and a manager who knows what to expect. It all screams experienced manager to me.

If there's an experienced manager available with a half-decent recent record who actually wants to come to us and who the players will respect and play for, then great. Obviously hire that man. I don't see that being likely.

If we're going for another Jim Bentley style appointment, i.e. a guy who's been sacked from two divisions below and isn't exactly known for playing good football, but has 'experience' managing at the level, then I'd rather hire Chaff.

Tangled up in blue.

Completely Inept McNulty on 16:03 - Apr 19 with 1722 viewsChaffRAFC

Completely Inept McNulty on 15:27 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

I agree that McNulty isn't the man for us but not because he's inexperienced but because I don't think someone to take us into non-league. I see McNulty as someone who has been a senior member of the failures of the last few years. He's not the cause by any stretch of the imagination and has been a wonderful servant but I think it needs a rebuild and you can't properly rebuild with the same foundations.

On the other hand, I also don't agree that we must have experience. Experienced managers are as prone to failure as new ones for us, there's more experienced managers who have come in and completely failed. Even John Hollins took a team that was 3rd when Parkin left to one that finished 5th and didn't go up. Experience isn't the key attribute people think it is, to be experienced and come to Rochdale means you've had significant failure elsewhere.

What I would like, as this does depend on the outcome or results of this MRKT Review, is someone coming in who has non-league knowledge of standards and players. We're going into the unknown as supporters, I would want someone in charge who isn't. Someone who has done well maybe at a smaller non-league club and has a hunger to build his managerial career.

We're not fully in the know on finances so how possible that is, we don't know but I'd prefer that to someone who has bags of football league experience. And I also agree with Dean about managers being interested in coming here. There is a reason we ended up with Jim Bentley and it's not because he was first choice, or even second or third. It's because he was the only person who we could entice.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Completely Inept McNulty on 16:17 - Apr 19 with 1662 viewsJames1980

Had we been using Platt Lane after getting rid of Stockdale is it possible we could have got someone other than Bentley?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Completely Inept McNulty on 16:19 - Apr 19 with 1659 viewskel

I know just the man with non league experience

I’ll message him now!
Completely Inept McNulty on 16:21 - Apr 19 with 1643 viewsTalkingSutty

Completely Inept McNulty on 16:03 - Apr 19 by ChaffRAFC

I agree that McNulty isn't the man for us but not because he's inexperienced but because I don't think someone to take us into non-league. I see McNulty as someone who has been a senior member of the failures of the last few years. He's not the cause by any stretch of the imagination and has been a wonderful servant but I think it needs a rebuild and you can't properly rebuild with the same foundations.

On the other hand, I also don't agree that we must have experience. Experienced managers are as prone to failure as new ones for us, there's more experienced managers who have come in and completely failed. Even John Hollins took a team that was 3rd when Parkin left to one that finished 5th and didn't go up. Experience isn't the key attribute people think it is, to be experienced and come to Rochdale means you've had significant failure elsewhere.

What I would like, as this does depend on the outcome or results of this MRKT Review, is someone coming in who has non-league knowledge of standards and players. We're going into the unknown as supporters, I would want someone in charge who isn't. Someone who has done well maybe at a smaller non-league club and has a hunger to build his managerial career.

We're not fully in the know on finances so how possible that is, we don't know but I'd prefer that to someone who has bags of football league experience. And I also agree with Dean about managers being interested in coming here. There is a reason we ended up with Jim Bentley and it's not because he was first choice, or even second or third. It's because he was the only person who we could entice.

How do you know he was the only person we could entice? Every time a football club advertises a vacancy they are inundated with applicants. The Chairman said we had plenty of applicants. Anyway, all will be revealed soon no doubt.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 16:28]
Completely Inept McNulty on 16:33 - Apr 19 with 1583 viewsturnthescrew

Completely Inept McNulty on 16:21 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

How do you know he was the only person we could entice? Every time a football club advertises a vacancy they are inundated with applicants. The Chairman said we had plenty of applicants. Anyway, all will be revealed soon no doubt.

All eyes on Tesco filling station forecourt then ......
Completely Inept McNulty on 16:49 - Apr 19 with 1548 viewssurb_dale

Completely Inept McNulty on 16:21 - Apr 19 by TalkingSutty

I think the point is that the likes of Alexander and Artell may well have applied but during discussions with them it was clear that we couldnt or didnt want to meet their demands or expectations. Whether that was wage demands or lack of a decent training facility or their demands in terms of the team they wanted to bring in.

I just hope this review by MRKT is due to be completed in the next week or so and any recommendations are done on the basis that we'll be playing in the National League. It seems that no decisions or search for a new manager will commence until this review is complete.
Completely Inept McNulty on 17:47 - Apr 19 with 1417 viewsSaxonDale

I'd argue the best recruitment we've seen in recent years was under the inexperienced BBM- whether he got the most out of them is a different question.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024