Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tall Paul 13:14 - May 5 with 2343 viewsMattFinish

You've got to feel for the guy

Was playing for KRC Genk scoring 16 goals in 19 games and would have been playing Champions League football next season, achieves his dream of playing in the PL and has the misfortune of moving to Saints under a useless little Spanish dwarf

Perhaps it's a height thing?
Tall Paul on 13:30 - May 5 with 2290 viewsPatfromPoole

I imagine he is being considerably more remunerated than he was previously.

I haven’t lost a lot of sleep for him.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Tall Paul on 13:44 - May 5 with 2281 viewsgrumpy

Tall Paul on 13:30 - May 5 by PatfromPoole

I imagine he is being considerably more remunerated than he was previously.

I haven’t lost a lot of sleep for him.

Ridiculous waste of talent.Has Selles ever explained why he keeps in on the bench?
Tall Paul on 13:52 - May 5 with 2258 viewsobelisk

Tall Paul on 13:44 - May 5 by grumpy

Ridiculous waste of talent.Has Selles ever explained why he keeps in on the bench?

He doesn't do enough without the ball apparently. I'm pretty sure MLT would fail to get in a Selles team for the same reason.
Tall Paul on 14:48 - May 5 with 2218 viewspjt50

Isn't it supposed to be a fitness thing? There's a big difference between the Belgian Pro League & the Premier League (I've watched both). Look at the problems Adams & Armstrong had moving up from the Championship. It's even harder without a pre-season.

At least Sulemana has got pace which can work in any league. Trouble is he hasn't shown yet that he's got much else. Buying these two & Orsic were yet more gambles in a season full of gambles. Like the others they haven't worked.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Tall Paul on 15:27 - May 5 with 2161 viewshedgeend61

Talent? You've obviously not seen him play, he's useless, never a PL player in a million years.

Who's buying the dross we're lumbered with now? Needs a P45

Look at Brighton's recruitment, buy quality on the cheap, look a proper team, look at our lot, hardly any PL standard, of which none would get near the Brighton team.
Tall Paul on 16:20 - May 5 with 2089 viewsdwayne_dibley

to keep it level?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Tall Paul on 16:53 - May 5 with 2054 viewsfelly1

Appreciate he may not have been upto it at Prem level but still don't think he was given enough game time and a couple of players who could have supplied crosses to him.
It's not as if any of our other forwards were setting the world alight and neither the system of play.
Would he not at least be worth trying in the Championship?
Tall Paul on 17:26 - May 5 with 2016 viewskingslandstand1

From the time he did spend on the pitch I can't understand what the great clamour for him is all about. Yes he had that great header against the bar (West Ham?), but he couldn't do bu66er all with the ball from what I saw. Even I could control it better than him and that is def saying something

He did a bit of running about and sometimes tried, but for the £18.5m that we paid, I'd say his agent (and Genk) did a pretty good deal!

Maybe should have had more time? But not with what I saw
[Post edited 5 May 2023 17:27]
Login to get fewer ads

Tall Paul on 18:33 - May 5 with 1931 views1885_SFC

To quote Selles:

"We are a team that has an identity & can recognise it, even at West Ham. We miss final points such as penetration, but now we are robust in what we do but need to perform better. The first part of the plan has been working. Tall Paul is sh1te and not the answer"
[Post edited 5 May 2023 18:34]

Old School is Cool

Tall Paul on 18:47 - May 5 with 1919 viewsgrumpy

Tall Paul on 15:27 - May 5 by hedgeend61

Talent? You've obviously not seen him play, he's useless, never a PL player in a million years.

Who's buying the dross we're lumbered with now? Needs a P45

Look at Brighton's recruitment, buy quality on the cheap, look a proper team, look at our lot, hardly any PL standard, of which none would get near the Brighton team.

I've seen the games hes played in, and there weren't many.
Quite a few of them he was a late substitute.
We've bought numerous players from lower leagues in Europe and they have come good and we have sold them on for millions profit.
Onuachu has been mismanaged as have a few others in our squad.
People blaming the players all the time is ridiculous.
Its the management that caused relegation.
If Onuachu got a full game,if he wasn't brilliant and score,there are some who would just turn around and say there I told you so,hes rubbish.No wonder we are in such a mess.
[Post edited 5 May 2023 18:52]
Tall Paul on 19:35 - May 5 with 1863 viewsBaltimore

He definitely should have been given a run of games, rather him than Elyuseless.
Some said Mane was shit when he first came here, but he came good......as Tall Paul could well have done too given half a chance.
Tall Paul on 20:30 - May 5 with 1822 viewsRon11

Tall Paul on 18:47 - May 5 by grumpy

We've bought numerous players from lower leagues in Europe and they have come good and we have sold them on for millions profit.
If Onuachu got a full game,if he wasn't brilliant and score,there are some who would just turn around and say there I told you so,hes rubbish.No wonder we are in such a mess.

Tall Paul on 22:06 - May 5 with 1774 viewshedgeend61

Tall Paul on 18:47 - May 5 by grumpy

'People blaming the players all the time is ridiculous'.

24 points from 34 games suggests the players are nowhere near good enough, watching 17 home games live tells you they're not good enough.

Take Everton the 2nd worse PL team atm, watching them put up a decent flight last Monday in the 2-2 draw, how many of our lot would get a starting place in the Everton team? Maybe one or two?
Coady ,only on the bench these days would be our best defender and captain if we'd have signed him.

Everyone said Dyche would keep our lot up, he wouldn't, he may noteven keep a better squad in Everton up.
Tall Paul on 22:29 - May 5 with 1741 viewsSouthamptonfan

Tall Paul on 22:06 - May 5 by hedgeend61

'People blaming the players all the time is ridiculous'.

24 points from 34 games suggests the players are nowhere near good enough, watching 17 home games live tells you they're not good enough.

Take Everton the 2nd worse PL team atm, watching them put up a decent flight last Monday in the 2-2 draw, how many of our lot would get a starting place in the Everton team? Maybe one or two?
Coady ,only on the bench these days would be our best defender and captain if we'd have signed him.

Everyone said Dyche would keep our lot up, he wouldn't, he may noteven keep a better squad in Everton up.

And it's those players who got Selles the job, by performing magnificently for one game. Then after cuddling Selles on the touchline and making out they all loved him and wanted him appointed, Selles was then appointed, only for those players to lose embarrassingly to Grimsby. League 2 vs Premier League and those players 11 v 11 lost to league two Grimsby! The most embarrassing defeat we have ever had. No excuse for that performance on the pitch that night with a manager those players all showed categorically they "loved",at Chelsea. So in some ways it is the players fault: they got Selles the job.
[Post edited 5 May 2023 22:40]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Tall Paul on 08:54 - May 6 with 1567 viewsgrumpy

Tall Paul on 22:29 - May 5 by Southamptonfan

And it's those players who got Selles the job, by performing magnificently for one game. Then after cuddling Selles on the touchline and making out they all loved him and wanted him appointed, Selles was then appointed, only for those players to lose embarrassingly to Grimsby. League 2 vs Premier League and those players 11 v 11 lost to league two Grimsby! The most embarrassing defeat we have ever had. No excuse for that performance on the pitch that night with a manager those players all showed categorically they "loved",at Chelsea. So in some ways it is the players fault: they got Selles the job.
[Post edited 5 May 2023 22:40]

Now the players get the blame for getting Selles the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024