Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? 19:02 - May 29 with 6228 viewssw02sea

How many times have these owners disappointed you?
And now there’s talk on this site of them aiming high for a new manager.
Never mind a pinch of salt, if their past is anything to go by,then make that a lorry load of the stuff.
Whoever it turns out to be, from past experience it would normally be the cheapest option.
Unless the vibes emitting from Keith on here are true.
As someone once said..”It’s the hope that kills you!”
Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 19:12 - May 29 with 3842 viewsjojaca

If our American friends want a return on their investments, I believe they are entering a pivotal time in their reign. I feel like we are edging closer to League One rather than the Premier League. At the moment the squad has no full backs or wingers, so we need to get on the recruitment sharpish.

Even when you know, you never know?

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 19:12 - May 29 with 3840 viewsKeithHaynes

Quite agree mate, aim high get ?

You can’t fault them for going on a different journey than before, but I’m certain, and would love to be proven wrong, we will get a ? When the new coaching set up is announced.

However their appointments since relegation have been pretty decent, on the back of having good chairmen and the like mind.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 19:28 - May 29 with 3749 viewsonehunglow

Just be prepared

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 20:18 - May 29 with 3640 viewsBadlands

FFS

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 20:18 - May 29 with 3636 viewsWhiterockin

Nice to see people getting the negativity in early. Must be a record, before a manager is even announced.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 20:31 - May 29 with 3587 viewsDr_Winston

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 20:18 - May 29 by Whiterockin

Nice to see people getting the negativity in early. Must be a record, before a manager is even announced.

Aye.

Preparing to be underwhelmed? Hoping for it is more like it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 12:18 - May 30 with 3311 viewswhiterock

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 19:12 - May 29 by jojaca

If our American friends want a return on their investments, I believe they are entering a pivotal time in their reign. I feel like we are edging closer to League One rather than the Premier League. At the moment the squad has no full backs or wingers, so we need to get on the recruitment sharpish.

We are still in May, couldn't make it up
Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 16:12 - May 30 with 3195 viewsFireboy2

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 12:18 - May 30 by whiterock

Innit, this board is hilarious 😂

Some people need to get a life.
[Post edited 30 May 2023 16:19]
Login to get fewer ads

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 16:53 - May 30 with 3146 viewsSullutaCreturned

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 12:18 - May 30 by whiterock

After the news they won't be asking anybody who is under contract, how do you feel now?

More positive, more negative or somewhere in between?
Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 17:02 - May 30 with 3131 viewsglanmORJa_k

It can be argued that the only head coach our owners actually signed was Russell Martin, or was Julian Winter the instigator? Jenkins brought in Potter after relegation and Birch was responsible for signing Cooper.
Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 17:43 - May 30 with 3091 viewsonehunglow

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 16:12 - May 30 by Fireboy2

Well,you are on it.
Either you’re a masochist or a sadist.
Don’t bite the hand that feeds.
Time to move on although HEhas not gone yet,or has he.?

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 18:13 - May 30 with 3059 viewsKeithHaynes

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 16:53 - May 30 by SullutaCreturned

After the news they won't be asking anybody who is under contract, how do you feel now?

More positive, more negative or somewhere in between?

In the interim, I can see them having to personally.

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 19:06 - May 30 with 2987 viewsPawelAbbott

There are a number of decent options available for free at the moment.
A bigger name who is currently looking for work may work out better than poaching someone from another club who would certainly be below us
[Post edited 30 May 2023 19:06]
Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 20:16 - May 30 with 2899 viewsmax936

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 19:06 - May 30 by PawelAbbott

There are a number of decent options available for free at the moment.
A bigger name who is currently looking for work may work out better than poaching someone from another club who would certainly be below us
[Post edited 30 May 2023 19:06]

I some what agree, but any out of work Manager will want guarantees on budget for players, they want to climb the ladder again and not stand still, shall we say, any budget would have to be a sustainable one, the current outgoings are hamstringing us at the moment, its difficult to see a way forward, need a manager who has a proven record for improving players and who will drive the team forward, its a difficult ask in my opinion.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 20:46 - May 30 with 2851 viewsSullutaCreturned

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 18:13 - May 30 by KeithHaynes

In the interim, I can see them having to personally.

Personally, I think it's clear they don't understand what they said is stupid.

There is no guarantee that anyone they approach will want the job, they may have to make it look more attractive but they do have a history of making promises they don't keep.

Maybe anybody they are interested in will be demanding safety clauses in their contract?
Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 07:59 - May 31 with 2716 viewsjackrmee

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 19:12 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

Quite agree mate, aim high get ?

You can’t fault them for going on a different journey than before, but I’m certain, and would love to be proven wrong, we will get a ? When the new coaching set up is announced.

However their appointments since relegation have been pretty decent, on the back of having good chairmen and the like mind.

This post has been edited by an administrator

How can they be aiming high, yet at the same time not want to pay any money out in compo?
That only suggests that it will be a manager who is out of work, but who has a good reputation, right?
Brendan is way out of our league now imo and won’t come back, which is a shame.
Who else is there, out of work, who is a high level manager?
Chris Davies maybe?
Edit: I know he’s not a manager yet, but still would be “aiming higher” imo
[Post edited 31 May 2023 8:00]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 08:02 - May 31 with 2712 viewsKeithHaynes

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 20:46 - May 30 by SullutaCreturned

Personally, I think it's clear they don't understand what they said is stupid.

There is no guarantee that anyone they approach will want the job, they may have to make it look more attractive but they do have a history of making promises they don't keep.

Maybe anybody they are interested in will be demanding safety clauses in their contract?

Everyone does anyway.
You can put whatever you like in to a contract.
Get a manager first though 😉

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 09:11 - May 31 with 2668 viewssw02sea

So, it’s Wednesday today, what happened to “There’ll be an announcement on Tuesday ?
Just asking innit.
Never mind, can’t wait to be overwhelmed when it’s all over, and subsequently found out, that we’ve aimed high.
Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 09:15 - May 31 with 2657 viewsonehunglow

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 09:11 - May 31 by sw02sea

So, it’s Wednesday today, what happened to “There’ll be an announcement on Tuesday ?
Just asking innit.
Never mind, can’t wait to be overwhelmed when it’s all over, and subsequently found out, that we’ve aimed high.

I got told he would be gone last Wednesday then officially announced yesterday.
No wonder some are cynical.
Innit

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 09:34 - May 31 with 2633 viewsDr_Winston

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 09:15 - May 31 by onehunglow

I got told he would be gone last Wednesday then officially announced yesterday.
No wonder some are cynical.
Innit

Told by who?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 12:42 - May 31 with 2551 viewsonehunglow

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 09:34 - May 31 by Dr_Winston

Told by who?

Hello.
Nice to be in contact with you.
By other posters ,that’s who.

Thanks

By the way, we are in total agreement as regards Martin’s sojournwith us

Keep it tidy

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 23:57 - May 31 with 2405 viewsSTID2017

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 16:12 - May 30 by Fireboy2

Been largely reading from afar and not getting involved lately.
Some of the pessimistic posts I have read make me realise why.
Wake me up in November when we are unbeaten and top of the division.
Martin hasn't even officially gone yet.
Yet some have got the bloodied knives out of his back and straight into the new as yet unknown coach.
Can't make it up

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 08:37 - Jun 1 with 2341 viewssw02sea

Thursday. Still watching Groundhog Day 👁️👁️
Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 09:42 - Jun 1 with 2282 viewsonehunglow

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 08:37 - Jun 1 by sw02sea

Thursday. Still watching Groundhog Day 👁️👁️

Things will turn out just fine

Preparing to be underwhelmed or not? on 09:50 - Jun 1 with 2285 viewscadleigh

I'm not usually that critical of the current owners. In the larger scheme of things they have kept us solvent and largely debt free through relegation (which was bound to happen sooner or later) and the loss of parachute payments. I don't even blame them too much for the January transfer window debacle (for one thing, I don't actually know where blame for that lies, and also most of the names we were linked with were pretty uninspiring IMO).

However, they do seem to have a habit of overplaying their hands in transfer negotiations, resulting in damage on the playing field. We saw it with Everton and Siggurdsson, with Cooper and Palace, and now seemingly with Martin and Southampton. I presume they pride themselves on their ability to screw the best deal possible out of any situation, and that probably works well for them in North America. Not so much here, though.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024