Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays 23:48 - Jul 29 with 7059 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60526
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 00:04 - Jul 30 with 5042 viewscolinallcars

Thanks Clive - what a poxy day.
There's just that glimmer, isn't there, that these ne're-do-wells will pull their socks up, gird their loins ( whatever that means) and roll up their sleeves for the Watford game.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 00:05 - Jul 30 with 5056 viewsSAPilgrim

Cheers, Clive.

Thinking of the plane gliding example from one of last season’s reports. Maybe this season you could just do 48 crashes in magnitude of lethality?
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 00:16 - Jul 30 with 5014 viewsNorthernr

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 00:05 - Jul 30 by SAPilgrim

Cheers, Clive.

Thinking of the plane gliding example from one of last season’s reports. Maybe this season you could just do 48 crashes in magnitude of lethality?

Not only could I do that, I'd actually quite enjoy it too
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 00:52 - Jul 30 with 4917 viewsFDC

We're lucky to have you Clive, genuinely
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 01:15 - Jul 30 with 4893 viewshook_hoops

It might have been a shite performance by the team today, but that was a sublime piece of writing by you Clive. Every cloud....
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 06:24 - Jul 30 with 4686 viewsQPROslo

Ah sorry Clive that was meant to be an up vote not a down.. Football is definitely not a happy place with my Norwegian team going just one off the bottom yesterday and the Rangers result, performance, Dunne injury and FFP situation giving so little hope that we'll do any better.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 07:26 - Jul 30 with 4558 viewsRs_Holy

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 00:52 - Jul 30 by FDC

We're lucky to have you Clive, genuinely

I was going to say exactly the same thing… The highlight of last season for me was genuinely Clive’s match reports … proved you can actually polish a turd.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 08:08 - Jul 30 with 4452 viewsDejR_vu

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 07:26 - Jul 30 by Rs_Holy

I was going to say exactly the same thing… The highlight of last season for me was genuinely Clive’s match reports … proved you can actually polish a turd.

….which has now been scientifically proven, albeit the turd in question was nowhere near as big and wet as this one. Those guys should have had a look in here, Clive’s been polishing them for years; should change his user name to NorthernRtheTurdPolisher
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 8:11]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 08:38 - Jul 30 with 4333 viewshubble

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 01:15 - Jul 30 by hook_hoops

It might have been a shite performance by the team today, but that was a sublime piece of writing by you Clive. Every cloud....

Agreed: the opening preamble was worth the price of admission alone. Superb.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 09:02 - Jul 30 with 4269 viewsSK_hoops

It's that line about Oxford getting that Notts County player who is really good that gets me. We just don't seem to be aware of players like this existing at the minute. Other than that Fulham defender, we've signed Begovic who every man and his dog knows, Smyth who literally used to play for us, Fox who plays in the same division as us and we've got a Wycombe player on trial (and were after Lewis Wing). Just seems like lazy recruitment.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 09:05 - Jul 30 with 4258 viewskropotkin41

Your writing, Clive, is, for me, just about the only good thing left about supporting QPR, but I think I might just have been broken.
We should have got relegated last season and we're going to tragically haunt the Championship this season like a Rentaghost football club.
Anyway, I just don't think I should go to Cardiff on the 12th. I don't even know how you lot who go to so many games keep it up. I could use my low income as an excuse, but actually it's my happiness, what people these days call mental health.
There's a nice little club about 15 miles from me, Haverfordwest County - I know, I know, I'm a glory hunter - but honestly I don't care that much if they win or lose. What I want to know is if I can actually enjoy watching football. I might find out I can't. It might be too late.
So, I shouldn't go to Cardiff. I should stay away from all things QPR until someone who plays for the team cares as much about it as you do, Clive. Probably, if I were a medical professional, I'd prescribe abstinence too, for quite a number on LFW. Certainly I try to give a hard swerve to anything that reminds me of my own traumatic school days.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 09:47 - Jul 30 with 4090 viewsmart_Goblin

Genuinely look forward to Clive’s writing more than the games at the moment . I feel like it’s turning into therapy for both yourself and us but thanks Clive. I simply don’t know how you keep producing such high quality .

It’s hard to know where to start now. I firmly believe that the cancer that set in a couple of times over the last couple of years is now terminal. These players are done at this club. But whilst they remain ‘bedridden’ whilst they remain here under a dark cloud we have to put up with that nonsense as fans and it’s unacceptable.

I too feel for GA but with every passing week, interview or hopeless display I start to wonder if he really is part of the problem he inherited.

After 10 mins it was clear it wasn’t working yesterday . At 3-0 it was as clear as day ..so change something ? Try something different!
Yes we all know he has very little to choose from . Such a small personnel…I understand.
But there has to be a plan B or C.

There isn’t even really a plan A and unfortunately what Gareth wants , these players , this bunch just can’t deliver . Like a jockey trying to saddle up a rabbit. The 2 don’t mix and it would need 8 or 9 very different players which we just won’t get .

It’s not going to work as much as it pains me to say…why are we waiting for the inevitable???

The players don’t want to play like this…and they are sulking again . You can see it in their demeanour. It’s a mess and they are a disgrace frankly. their skill set was to get the ball down and play , but they look like they can’t even do that now .

What a huge mess
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 09:47 - Jul 30 with 4088 viewseastside_r

Brilliant writing but I could feel the pain in that. I can empathise with that but it’s not good is it?
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 09:59 - Jul 30 with 4026 viewsNorthernr

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 09:47 - Jul 30 by mart_Goblin

Genuinely look forward to Clive’s writing more than the games at the moment . I feel like it’s turning into therapy for both yourself and us but thanks Clive. I simply don’t know how you keep producing such high quality .

It’s hard to know where to start now. I firmly believe that the cancer that set in a couple of times over the last couple of years is now terminal. These players are done at this club. But whilst they remain ‘bedridden’ whilst they remain here under a dark cloud we have to put up with that nonsense as fans and it’s unacceptable.

I too feel for GA but with every passing week, interview or hopeless display I start to wonder if he really is part of the problem he inherited.

After 10 mins it was clear it wasn’t working yesterday . At 3-0 it was as clear as day ..so change something ? Try something different!
Yes we all know he has very little to choose from . Such a small personnel…I understand.
But there has to be a plan B or C.

There isn’t even really a plan A and unfortunately what Gareth wants , these players , this bunch just can’t deliver . Like a jockey trying to saddle up a rabbit. The 2 don’t mix and it would need 8 or 9 very different players which we just won’t get .

It’s not going to work as much as it pains me to say…why are we waiting for the inevitable???

The players don’t want to play like this…and they are sulking again . You can see it in their demeanour. It’s a mess and they are a disgrace frankly. their skill set was to get the ball down and play , but they look like they can’t even do that now .

What a huge mess

There's a lot of focus about what we do, and don't do, with the ball, and fck me can anybody tell me what the big idea or gameplan was with the ball yesterday? But the thing Gareth really wants them to do, and the thing this lot really just can't or won't do, is the press out of possession. He's on the touchline yesterday frantically waving them up the field, telling them to get into opponents. Watch our half arsed press and how easy it was to play around for the fourth goal, and the tracking back after it was busted.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 10:07 - Jul 30 with 3983 viewsOldPedro

Great writing Clive - the quality of your writing just seems to go up and up.

Good luck for the match previews and match reports this season, I think you'll need it.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 10:16 - Jul 30 with 3945 viewsNorthantsHoop

Good stuff Clive. Personally thought their heads went when Warburton was given the push, Beale the chancer got lucky and now we are stuck with a fragile bunch of mopers, think even em err Critchley realised the QPR ship was far from saving. I think I can see myself in that away end at Sixfields stadium but not in the Championship in a year's time as I thought I would at the end of last season when watching Northampton get promoted and seeing my beloved Hoops struggle in the loft end week in week out.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 10:38 - Jul 30 with 3844 viewshubble

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 09:59 - Jul 30 by Northernr

There's a lot of focus about what we do, and don't do, with the ball, and fck me can anybody tell me what the big idea or gameplan was with the ball yesterday? But the thing Gareth really wants them to do, and the thing this lot really just can't or won't do, is the press out of possession. He's on the touchline yesterday frantically waving them up the field, telling them to get into opponents. Watch our half arsed press and how easy it was to play around for the fourth goal, and the tracking back after it was busted.

You know what this sounds like.... despite the insane amount of positive spin Gazza puts out, the players ain't playing for him.

I'm just trying to imagine what's it's like for them: starting last season with hyper-modern yet matey approach Beale who turns out to be an eel; start all over as winter bites with modern-approach coach Critch, who's so overwhelmed he can't resist a bitch; ditch him and replace with Cro-Magnon man. Maybe they're suffering some kind of football equivalent of PTSD?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 10:55 - Jul 30 with 3779 viewssprocket

A fantastic read Clive, many thanks.

My school days were somewhat similar to Clive's so it brought back some memories for me.

We all know what this team is about and unless GA can pull a rabbit from a hat then there is only one result. RTID.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 11:32 - Jul 30 with 3667 viewsBAWHoops

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 10:38 - Jul 30 by hubble

You know what this sounds like.... despite the insane amount of positive spin Gazza puts out, the players ain't playing for him.

I'm just trying to imagine what's it's like for them: starting last season with hyper-modern yet matey approach Beale who turns out to be an eel; start all over as winter bites with modern-approach coach Critch, who's so overwhelmed he can't resist a bitch; ditch him and replace with Cro-Magnon man. Maybe they're suffering some kind of football equivalent of PTSD?

Which is why we needed to absolutely gut the squad yet are still sitting here with pretty much the same starting 11 from last year

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 12:11 - Jul 30 with 3522 viewsNorthantsHoop

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 11:32 - Jul 30 by BAWHoops

Which is why we needed to absolutely gut the squad yet are still sitting here with pretty much the same starting 11 from last year

Exactly they should all be got rid of and maybe most will over the next couple of transfer windows, Ainsworth is putting on a brave face but this is not his team, whether he gets a chance to properly build a team, before he is ditched remains to be seen. His chance of survival is to get the home form sorted, if it is as bad as last season in next couple of months he is probably toast, think we can suffer away defeats but not sitting at home games getting stuffed 3 nil every couple of weeks, which is what happened with clockwork regularity last season.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 13:12 - Jul 30 with 3340 viewsBostonR

Well the owners won’t have to demolish LR if we get anymore of the down tools approach from this bunch of losers. The fans will do it for them.
It’s hard to see how the football people. At the club think this mob are going to get us out of the shit. It really looks like we’ve just re-set from the end of last season.
Clive, do you think they would break FFP to try and stay up? Reading almost did it.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 14:23 - Jul 30 with 3182 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive.

I've got the impression that yesterday was even worse than sitting in the stand at Roots Hall on a Friday night many years ago!
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 15:03 - Jul 30 with 3080 viewsPinnerPaul

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 11:32 - Jul 30 by BAWHoops

Dickie, SJ, Martin, Amos and all the loans have gone so not sure where this relatively new - "Its the same players" comes from tbh.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 15:18 - Jul 30 with 3051 viewsNorthernr

Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 15:03 - Jul 30 by PinnerPaul

Dickie, SJ, Martin, Amos and all the loans have gone so not sure where this relatively new - "Its the same players" comes from tbh.

The only player who started yesterday who wasn't part of it last year was Begovic.
Chekhov's winter - Awaydays on 15:21 - Jul 30 with 3043 viewsHayesender

Brilliant report as per usual Clive. I was similar in that I never felt I quite fitted in at school, and just drifted from one school day to the next just looking forward to the weekend where I could go to Loftus Road where I felt "at home".

So for the last 41 years that's what I've done on numerous weekends, either at Loftus Road, or some northern dive, and made some lifelong friends along the way.

Contrary to someone on here, I take no pleasure in seeing us lose, even less pleasure seeing us get humiliated, but I will say it how I see it at that moment in time. Sometimes alcohol indused nonsense, other times just angry ramblings.

I don't want to see us relegated, but I think it's inevitable we're gonna go down with a wimper this season.

Where this club will be in 5/10 years time I shudder to think, but while I'm still healthy enough to do so, and while this clubs still here, I'll keep going.

You R'sssss

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024