Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Technology - VAR 07:10 - Sep 20 with 4182 viewshoops_legend

When is the championship going to get VAR

I am done with QPR getting zero decisions their way. Yes we make our own bad luck and seem to implode in every possible way but we never get the rub of the green either

Perhaps VAR would equalise this

The handball yesterday was very very obvious
Technology - VAR on 07:20 - Sep 20 with 3419 viewsLandshark

The Championship voted against it in the last week or so. Probably a good thing. We will get a decision like that in our favour soon, don't worry.
Technology - VAR on 07:30 - Sep 20 with 3378 viewsnix

When VAR came in in the Prem I thought it would be a real step up in levelling decisions in the favour more of smaller clubs. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have improved because of course it relies on the objectivity or otherwise of the very refs who are biased in favour of the big clubs on the pitch, as they run the VAR process too. They can still get things blatantly wrong and get away with it with impunity as we all throw our hands up into the air for a couple of days but nothing changes.

Exactly the same thing would happen in the Championship and we would have the irritation of not being able to really celebrate our goals straight away, pay a lot of money for the system and still not get the rub of the green.
Technology - VAR on 07:39 - Sep 20 with 3354 viewsdaveB

No thank you to VAR, ref or lino should have spotted it, was pretty blatant. Field was going mad about it
Technology - VAR on 07:58 - Sep 20 with 3294 viewsAntti_Heinola

VAR is killing football. No thanks. I’d rather have the odd handball goal against us than put up with the havoc it wreaks on games. It’s the worst thing to ever happen to the game.

Bare bones.

Technology - VAR on 08:11 - Sep 20 with 3241 viewsswitchingcode

Technology - VAR on 07:58 - Sep 20 by Antti_Heinola

VAR is killing football. No thanks. I’d rather have the odd handball goal against us than put up with the havoc it wreaks on games. It’s the worst thing to ever happen to the game.

Agree one of the many negatives of being in the Premier league
Technology - VAR on 08:21 - Sep 20 with 3202 viewswombat

Technology - VAR on 08:11 - Sep 20 by switchingcode

the very same lino who was prob two yards behind play most of the game you mean.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Technology - VAR on 08:29 - Sep 20 with 3159 viewsstevec

NAY NAY and thrice NAY.

I don’t care if the fella carried it over the line on the end of his cock, it’s just nice to see the occasional goal in that end.
Technology - VAR on 08:33 - Sep 20 with 3157 viewsconnell10

How the lino missed it i dont know , i saw it from the back of the upper Loft ! Disgraceful !

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Technology - VAR on 08:38 - Sep 20 with 3145 viewsSherryHoop

Technology - VAR on 08:29 - Sep 20 by stevec

NAY NAY and thrice NAY.

I don’t care if the fella carried it over the line on the end of his cock, it’s just nice to see the occasional goal in that end.

Isn't it legal to score with your cock....that would be fine...
Technology - VAR on 08:42 - Sep 20 with 3128 viewsSydneyRs

The problem isn't VAR itself its the way it is being used. The ridiculous fingernail offsides and handball penalties being some of the worst examples of it.

Was noticeable how awful all the TV angles of the Swansea goal were, none really captured it very well.
Technology - VAR on 08:55 - Sep 20 with 3096 viewsPaddyhoops

Technology - VAR on 08:42 - Sep 20 by SydneyRs

The problem isn't VAR itself its the way it is being used. The ridiculous fingernail offsides and handball penalties being some of the worst examples of it.

Was noticeable how awful all the TV angles of the Swansea goal were, none really captured it very well.

My biggest fear was the ref would pull a hamstring which have led to the possibility of Keith Stroud , the fourth official taking over.
Technology - VAR on 09:22 - Sep 20 with 3034 viewsTheChef

Another no thanks to VAR. Great idea in principle, but deployed awfully and ruining the game as others have mentioned.

Frustrating as last night's handball was, I like to think over a season these decisions balance themselves out.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Technology - VAR on 09:26 - Sep 20 with 3018 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oh God, no.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Technology - VAR on 09:42 - Sep 20 with 2978 viewsconnell10

Getting away from the VAR debate , we can all agree that was a definite handball and the goal shouldn't have been allowed?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Technology - VAR on 10:09 - Sep 20 with 2906 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Technology - VAR on 08:11 - Sep 20 by switchingcode

Which is why you have to admire QPR's stance, and deliberately avoiding the POs when seemingly, to the outside world, it's within our grasp.

I have no doubt within a few years, we'll be laughing at the likes of Fulham, Brentford, Bournemouth and plucky Luton from the relative loftiness of 16th in the Championship.

I love QPR for not only being the historical total basket case of a club we are, but for being a principled one at that!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Technology - VAR on 13:23 - Sep 20 with 2726 viewsdigswellhoop

hopefully never worse thing ever
Technology - VAR on 16:31 - Sep 20 with 2631 viewsRangers67

I am still waiting to see the official stats that prove " these things even themselves out over a season " . I think this is an easy soundbite trotted out by the so called authorities to cover both incompetence and bias
Technology - VAR on 17:41 - Sep 20 with 2560 viewssparkey

No to VAR, but once again a disgraceful decision which completely changed the course of the game. At what point do we have enough because it seems to be every bloody week the game is ruined by an idiot in the middle or sideline.
Technology - VAR on 19:23 - Sep 20 with 2472 viewsthame_hoops

We’d probably have to lose some seating for the amount of cameras they have to put in.
Technology - VAR on 19:33 - Sep 20 with 2456 viewshertshoops

The vital camera angle would end up being behind a pillar anyway
Technology - VAR on 21:04 - Sep 20 with 2353 viewsbaz_qpr

Can see why the Lino and ref missed it when you look at the angles, If Lino had been on the other side or the ref closer to the centre they should have seen it but both had views blocked. It's also stopped us from asking what the hell Kakay was doing letting his man just go like that
Technology - VAR on 10:32 - Sep 21 with 2205 viewshoops_legend

Technology - VAR on 16:31 - Sep 20 by Rangers67

I am still waiting to see the official stats that prove " these things even themselves out over a season " . I think this is an easy soundbite trotted out by the so called authorities to cover both incompetence and bias

It never evens itself out

I honestly think QPR are the unluckiest team ever and barely ever remember a complete lucky break going our way

This handball, Clint hills ghost goal and Ashley young dive for Shaun Derry are three huge moments which I can recall instantly and there are many more

Infact it’s constantly against QPR - mind my negativity:)
Technology - VAR on 11:48 - Sep 21 with 2156 viewsterryb

Technology - VAR on 10:32 - Sep 21 by hoops_legend

It never evens itself out

I honestly think QPR are the unluckiest team ever and barely ever remember a complete lucky break going our way

This handball, Clint hills ghost goal and Ashley young dive for Shaun Derry are three huge moments which I can recall instantly and there are many more

Infact it’s constantly against QPR - mind my negativity:)

The Greaves handball for Tottenham's winning goal in 68/69 was far more blatant than Tuesday night.

One that went for us was Ron Hunt's "challenge" on the 'keeper for our winning League Cup goal & was rather an important one in our favour! The Marcus Bean handball goal at Gillingham gave us lift off in 04/05 as well. Without Stan Bowles tripping himself up in the penultimate game of the 75/76 season for the penalty against Arsenal, the Wolves Liverpool match wouldn't have mattered.

Over the years we've had many go for & against us.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2023 11:54]
Technology - VAR on 12:50 - Sep 21 with 2128 viewsdmm

Technology - VAR on 20:57 - Sep 21 with 2031 viewsMatch82

Technology - VAR on 08:42 - Sep 20 by SydneyRs

Sideline ref should get one look at the incident from two different angles. If it isn't obvious that there's been an error after that, decision stands. 20 seconds max.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024