Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards 22:21 - Dec 13 with 12886 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet again another lacklustre showing from Taylor Richards, showed no conviction when he came on. Can see why Marti gave him a go against 10 men but really he just looks a bit of a waster to me.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 13:06 - Dec 14 with 2882 viewsBrianWilson

I wouldn't have subbed Chair but think Richards would have been more suited to that position picking up the ball deep and starting attacks.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 13:17 - Dec 14 with 2821 viewsstevec

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 13:06 - Dec 14 by BrianWilson

I wouldn't have subbed Chair but think Richards would have been more suited to that position picking up the ball deep and starting attacks.

It was concerning to see Chair having to come so far back in an attempt to get at least something moving, very much Ainsworth territory again and in a relatively short space of time.

The problem is who else could you trust to do that without a left back behind, which was the case for much of the second half. Chair doesn’t give up the ball easily.

The thought of that cumbersome lump Richards trying to do the same thing without getting dispossessed is pretty terrifying.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 14:21 - Dec 14 with 2717 viewsR_from_afar

I thought he was OK last night, but only OK. I didn't see him play us into trouble, but equally, he didn't make any major positive contributions.

In my view, like any attacking player at this level, he is either going to need a high level of skill/control or a lot of pace if he is to make the grade. A moderate level of skill at a pedestrian pace isn't good enough.

Let's see how it goes. Hopefully, Marti and Xavi can improve all of our players, but the real challenge will be giving players like TR and Kelman minutes if results tail off and we continue to be in a relegation dogfight.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 14:21 - Dec 14 with 2713 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 08:24 - Dec 14 by theone_theonly

I sit in C block, near the box, and multiple people affiliated with the club have told us Richards is the ‘most skilful player at the club’. Yes, it’s clear he isn’t playing at his best but for a man who has barely played football on the last 2 years you can’t expect him to come on and blow us out of the water, you have to play through bad form. Obviously we have high expectations for him but we have to be patient and hope he’ll come good. I thought he didn’t play that bad when he came on but no one played particularly well. I’m sure marti will get him playing at some point and get his head straight.

The problem is, why has he barely played football for the last 2 years? By all accounts, it's down to poor attitude. I'm willing to give him a little time to get fit and up-to-speed provided he improves his attitude asap. Unless that changes, he'll not come good.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 14:32 - Dec 14 with 2675 viewstraininvain

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 13:17 - Dec 14 by stevec

It was concerning to see Chair having to come so far back in an attempt to get at least something moving, very much Ainsworth territory again and in a relatively short space of time.

The problem is who else could you trust to do that without a left back behind, which was the case for much of the second half. Chair doesn’t give up the ball easily.

The thought of that cumbersome lump Richards trying to do the same thing without getting dispossessed is pretty terrifying.

I’m not overly concerned, Plymouth defended deep after the sending off and it’s the first time in a while that we’ve been asked to play against a team set up to defend without any real attacking threat. Even Stoke tried to have a crack with 10 men the other week.

Completely different game when you’re trying to break down a team who are happy to sit deep and take a point.

As for Richards, we’ve seen with Willock recently that it takes time to get back up to speed after a spell of not playing regularly. I still think there’s a player in there somewhere but he’s going to have to put in the work.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 14:39 - Dec 14 with 2639 viewsBenny_the_Ball

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 08:52 - Dec 14 by derbyhoop

He got 17 minutes, as a replacement for Larkeche, who was clearly concussed. At the time, the alternatives were Smyth, JCS and Aaron Drewe.
I thought he looked neat and tidy but not fit enough to be a big influence. Faced with a 9 man defensive wall.

Given that Larkeche had to leave the pitch with concussion, I'm surprised that Taylor didn't take up position on the left to provide QPR with more width against a very low block. With no left footed option on that flank, Chair was forced to always cut inside, making QPR predictable and easier to defend against.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 15:10 - Dec 14 with 2580 viewsTK1

Taylor Richards has just turned 23, bit younger than Stephen Duke-McKenna, a few months older than Aaron Drewe. Should we have threads asking what is the point of these players who look as if they will never make it at QPR and arguably not at this level at all too?

Richards hasn't played for ages. Steps in as a late sub. Plays OK, perhaps even with promise to some eyes (mine) and "like he hasn't played professional football before" to others of a more grandstanding nature. He's going to play more professional games than that a lot of the 22 and 23 year olds currently at the club (given that he already has 50-odd pro appearances) so maybe we should give him a bit more rope before we hang him out dry.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 15:21 - Dec 14 with 2551 viewsAntti_Heinola

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 15:10 - Dec 14 by TK1

Taylor Richards has just turned 23, bit younger than Stephen Duke-McKenna, a few months older than Aaron Drewe. Should we have threads asking what is the point of these players who look as if they will never make it at QPR and arguably not at this level at all too?

Richards hasn't played for ages. Steps in as a late sub. Plays OK, perhaps even with promise to some eyes (mine) and "like he hasn't played professional football before" to others of a more grandstanding nature. He's going to play more professional games than that a lot of the 22 and 23 year olds currently at the club (given that he already has 50-odd pro appearances) so maybe we should give him a bit more rope before we hang him out dry.

I don't disagree. But a bit like us under GA earlier this season, when as a team no one seemed to know what they were supposed to be doing, TR looked, to me, completely lost both with and without the ball. And you're bang on about the other two, they're in the same camp as TR as things stand (both will be non-league or league 2 players imo, and that's not having a go at them, they're both dedicated players). Perhaps Marti will work some magic, and i'm certainly not hanging TR out to dry yet, but I'm also yet to see a single thing that gives me much hope in him other than 10 minutes against Huddersfield over a year ago.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 16:26 - Dec 14 with 2452 viewssupahoopsa

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 12:06 - Dec 14 by Superhoops2808

Oh we do love a target for the boo boys at Rangers dont we

Most people criticising him on here are the same people that said Chris Willock should never pull on a Rangers shirt again. All of a sudden, coached properly and Chrissy is looking like he did back in the day

MC cannot win, because if he started TR he would likely struggle and become a target for the fans by half time. So he introduces him slowly and gets him into the first team mentality by bringing him off the bench and he still cant win

So how about we give MC a few more months to work on him. Surely thats better than these pointless threads repeating week after week about Taylor Richards

Well said, awful, pointless thread. He's one of ours, love or hate him, we should SUPPORT our players and encourage them.

How would you feel if your work was so openly criticised in public.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 16:35]

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 16:35 - Dec 14 with 2405 viewsLblock

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 16:26 - Dec 14 by supahoopsa

Well said, awful, pointless thread. He's one of ours, love or hate him, we should SUPPORT our players and encourage them.

How would you feel if your work was so openly criticised in public.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 16:35]

I’d feel embarrassed and knuckle down to do better and prove my worth

But enough of the real world

This is football
You need to be bang on it to make it at a decent level - physically, attitude wise and skill

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 16:41 - Dec 14 with 2392 viewslassel

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 11:21 - Dec 14 by Antti_Heinola

I mean, he didn't look like he had played professional football before. When he had the ball he didn't know where to go or what to do. He absolutely showed for the ball, but most of the time it felt like no one wanted to pass to him. And judging by what he did when he had it I can see why.
Look, I'm not blaming TR for the draw, I felt it was an odd performance all round, really sloppy at times, and the first 20, as Marti said, was the worst since he's arrived. But TR had 25 minutes on the pitch and didn't produce anything of note other than falling over and (rightly) not getting a free kick. But equally he was far from alone - the whole team under-performed really, not TR's fault we lost. But, personally, he looked like a non-league player out there, completely out of his depth. Hope I'm wrong, and seeing as I've only seen him play for a combined 75 minutes or something, I'm still open-minded!

Have to be honest, I didn’t recognise this description from last night, Richards was clearly trying to play on the front foot - the comms even mentioned that he was always trying to play facing the opposition net - and was doing the right thing, either move the ball back out to EDB or spread it to Chair on the left. Plymouth we’re playing a flat 9 so prime KDB & Silva wouldn’t have even had any lanes to play through.

As said right after the match, the biggest concern for me was Chair who I love and 9/10 is the one digging us out of trouble. Last night he was slowing down play everytime he got it, looking to cut inside, being double marked so having to lay it off to Willock who has nowhere to go, or float in a cross which Plymouth happily batted away. Even the few times Dykes could get to the crosses, they had no pace on them so he couldn’t worry Hazard.

Day 1 of doing 11 v 10 in your coaching badges they drum into you to move the ball quickly from side to side and get it into the box early before the defence can set, or on the overlap where an extra mans space appears and we only did it once last night, right near the death when EDB got Smyth in behind and it was probably the closest we got to scoring.

Bizarre and frustrating that Marti wasn’t screaming at them to pick up the tempo, albeit most likely we would still be playing now without having scored.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 17:21 - Dec 14 with 2302 viewsDiscodroids

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 22:29 - Dec 13 by BklynRanger

He's not going to come out charging at people but I thought he looked a bit more switched on tonight in his own way.

He showed some good close control at times, a bit of invention in how he shapes his body, and was around on the edge of the box more than he seems to be getting credit for.

If we're going to make a player out of him, and I know it's a massive if, it's going to take a few cameos like that. But I do think it's possible.

You're a top chap Brooklyn but personally i'd rank a pro footballer 'showing a bit of invention in how he shapes his body' on a par with me turning out a tarry stool after 8 activated charcoal tablets and a slab of black pudding. Or perhaps any upright homosapien in possesion of a peripheral nervous system .

We'lll be thanking him for having red stem cells in his bone marrow next.

;-)
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 17:22]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 18:48 - Dec 14 with 2195 viewsBklynRanger

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 17:21 - Dec 14 by Discodroids

You're a top chap Brooklyn but personally i'd rank a pro footballer 'showing a bit of invention in how he shapes his body' on a par with me turning out a tarry stool after 8 activated charcoal tablets and a slab of black pudding. Or perhaps any upright homosapien in possesion of a peripheral nervous system .

We'lll be thanking him for having red stem cells in his bone marrow next.

;-)
[Post edited 14 Dec 2023 17:22]

Well I think I meant he has a touch of the unusual in him, which you must appreciate Disco, shirley?! A bit of the old natural ability - unteachable stuff, not your standard academy grunt.

But I take your point. I do love a bit of back pudding anyway.
What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 19:08 - Dec 14 with 2132 viewsDiscodroids

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 18:48 - Dec 14 by BklynRanger

Well I think I meant he has a touch of the unusual in him, which you must appreciate Disco, shirley?! A bit of the old natural ability - unteachable stuff, not your standard academy grunt.

But I take your point. I do love a bit of back pudding anyway.

Fair enough Brooklyn.. your turn of phrase just tickled me!. As QPR fans we all love that dash of flair in a player.
;-)

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 19:08 - Dec 14 with 2132 viewsParkRoyalR

What Is The Point Of Taylor Richards on 16:41 - Dec 14 by lassel

Have to be honest, I didn’t recognise this description from last night, Richards was clearly trying to play on the front foot - the comms even mentioned that he was always trying to play facing the opposition net - and was doing the right thing, either move the ball back out to EDB or spread it to Chair on the left. Plymouth we’re playing a flat 9 so prime KDB & Silva wouldn’t have even had any lanes to play through.

As said right after the match, the biggest concern for me was Chair who I love and 9/10 is the one digging us out of trouble. Last night he was slowing down play everytime he got it, looking to cut inside, being double marked so having to lay it off to Willock who has nowhere to go, or float in a cross which Plymouth happily batted away. Even the few times Dykes could get to the crosses, they had no pace on them so he couldn’t worry Hazard.

Day 1 of doing 11 v 10 in your coaching badges they drum into you to move the ball quickly from side to side and get it into the box early before the defence can set, or on the overlap where an extra mans space appears and we only did it once last night, right near the death when EDB got Smyth in behind and it was probably the closest we got to scoring.

Bizarre and frustrating that Marti wasn’t screaming at them to pick up the tempo, albeit most likely we would still be playing now without having scored.

Great post Lassel,

Might'nt go down well as goes against the grain, but in Richards I saw a player trying to take risks and open up the opposition defence, wheras others were content to play the ball sideways.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024