Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalties 22:05 - Dec 29 with 3201 viewshoops_legend

We barely get any and to be fair we would miss it anyway but that was a very blatant handball at end and smyth was clearly bundled over from behind

Disappointed
Penalties on 22:19 - Dec 29 with 3063 viewscolinallcars

This tow-rag wouldn't have given a penalty if one of their defenders picked the ball up and played volleyball with his team mates.
Penalties on 22:28 - Dec 29 with 2994 viewsted_hendrix

The hand ball in the box Is a crime an actual crime, how blatant does It have to be?

Discuss until you drop f ucking dead, who In the name of f uck Is accountable for that disgusting non-decision?

How on earth do they get away with It?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Penalties on 22:29 - Dec 29 with 2984 viewsCateLeBonR

Smyth changed the course of his run away from the ball, which was there to be played, to go in front of their player i think. Which he does all the time with some success but I can see why a penalty wasn't given. I'm more annoyed he didn't try to do something with the ball.

The handball was a clear penalty for me. Ref bottled it.
Penalties on 22:31 - Dec 29 with 2957 viewsstevenagehoop

Penalties on 22:28 - Dec 29 by ted_hendrix

The hand ball in the box Is a crime an actual crime, how blatant does It have to be?

Discuss until you drop f ucking dead, who In the name of f uck Is accountable for that disgusting non-decision?

How on earth do they get away with It?

Last minute penalty against the home team - now let me see😱

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Penalties on 22:33 - Dec 29 with 2934 viewsbosh67

Just seen both a few times.

The one on Smyth, I've seen them given but the fact that he gets straight back up to try and cross again, rather than staying grounded kind of suggests it's more a collision and he does run across the defender. Plus the defender seemed very pissed with Smyth afterwards. But I feel this ref would have given it the other way.

The handball would have been harsh. Both the defender and our lad are holding each other and as they go for the ball the defender is spun backwards so the ball hits his arm rather than hand to ball. I can also understand why it wasn't given. The ref was definitely a homer though. If that had been at the other end he probably would have given it, sent our player off, taken the penalty himself until he scored, deducted us points and enforced a transfer embargo.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Penalties on 22:37 - Dec 29 with 2878 viewsQPunkR

Penalties on 22:29 - Dec 29 by CateLeBonR

Smyth changed the course of his run away from the ball, which was there to be played, to go in front of their player i think. Which he does all the time with some success but I can see why a penalty wasn't given. I'm more annoyed he didn't try to do something with the ball.

100% this. Smyth písses me off immensely with this trademark move of actually trying to run backwards into a defender to buy a fk or pen. Play the fkn ball you fkn gobshite. He could have smashed that ball across goal if he wasn't so preoccupied with hitting the deck... Then again, with his variable final ball it may well have ended up with with an Ipswich corner had he tried the cross

QPR - "shit but local"

Penalties on 22:38 - Dec 29 with 2863 viewsrbee

Handball would not have been harsh in my opinion. The current handball rules dictate it was a stonewall penalty, arm in an (very!) unnatural position, advantage gained from knocking the ball away.
Penalties on 22:39 - Dec 29 with 2857 viewsCateLeBonR

Penalties on 22:33 - Dec 29 by bosh67

Just seen both a few times.

The one on Smyth, I've seen them given but the fact that he gets straight back up to try and cross again, rather than staying grounded kind of suggests it's more a collision and he does run across the defender. Plus the defender seemed very pissed with Smyth afterwards. But I feel this ref would have given it the other way.

The handball would have been harsh. Both the defender and our lad are holding each other and as they go for the ball the defender is spun backwards so the ball hits his arm rather than hand to ball. I can also understand why it wasn't given. The ref was definitely a homer though. If that had been at the other end he probably would have given it, sent our player off, taken the penalty himself until he scored, deducted us points and enforced a transfer embargo.

I haven't seen it back but I thought his arm hung in the air for too long at the time. It's not deliberate handball I agree.
Login to get fewer ads

Penalties on 22:42 - Dec 29 with 2796 viewsbosh67

Penalties on 22:39 - Dec 29 by CateLeBonR

I haven't seen it back but I thought his arm hung in the air for too long at the time. It's not deliberate handball I agree.

And that's why he didn't give it. He couldn't do much about it because he's airborne and he's spinning backwards. Plus it falls into no man's land. Had our player been running onto it and the touch diverted it the ref may of actually given it. But it wasn't deliberate. VAR probably would have given it in ultra slow motion but in real time I'm not sure the defender can do much about it.

I'm not related to the ref, honest.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Penalties on 22:49 - Dec 29 with 2708 viewsMalintabuk

We were in the corner in line with both and at the game without slo mo they both looked good shouts
The Smyth one for me would have been given a foul anywhere else on the pitch, and the defender gives the ref a decision to make ... for me a pen
The handball at the game I thought the defender was pushed off balance and he sort of fell/turned and the ball hit him... again though seen them given
Notwithstanding it was a good performance by us...
Field was absolutely immense tonight and Cook is a real organiser of that defence.
But no goals again... really worrying
Penalties on 22:55 - Dec 29 with 2658 viewsrbee

Very worrying.

Sheffield Wednesday are catching us and if you look beyond Huddersfield we are seven points and a big goal difference adrift.

We are very inconsistent and have a new long list of injuries to key players.
Penalties on 23:05 - Dec 29 with 2609 viewsbosh67

Penalties on 22:55 - Dec 29 by rbee

Very worrying.

Sheffield Wednesday are catching us and if you look beyond Huddersfield we are seven points and a big goal difference adrift.

We can only try and build on this performance and we were much much better than we have been. Have to keep Cook fit and hope the knock tonight isn't serious. He's different class.

Never knowingly right.

Penalties on 23:06 - Dec 29 with 2593 viewsManinBlack

Penalties on 22:55 - Dec 29 by rbee

Very worrying.

Yes very true we are effectively 8 points adrift of 18th and above with Sheffield closing in on us. Whilst holding Ipswich was an excellent result the reality is we failed to score yet again and the gap with clubs like Millwall has increased by 5 points in just a few days.

We could make serious inroads to the deficit with all these home games coming up but they are likely to be wasted with our poor home record and inability to score.
Penalties on 23:11 - Dec 29 with 2555 viewsQPunkR

Penalties on 23:05 - Dec 29 by bosh67

We can only try and build on this performance and we were much much better than we have been. Have to keep Cook fit and hope the knock tonight isn't serious. He's different class.

Problem is we all know precisely what this squad do in the wake of an improved, battling result. Queue another month without a W in our column

QPR - "shit but local"

Penalties on 23:21 - Dec 29 with 2476 viewsSydneyRs

Penalties on 22:39 - Dec 29 by CateLeBonR

Whether handballs are deliberate or not hasn't mattered for some time. I don't like the current rules but under them that is an absolute stonewall pen and should have been given.
Penalties on 00:14 - Dec 30 with 2281 viewsJimmyR

Both would/have been given against us. Dykes got a much softer free kick 5 mins after the first shout by the centre circle

Can’t understand those on the match thread saying ref was pretty good except for those two instance’s, but each to their own

It’s like saying im a good husband apart from when I smacked her in the mouth, twice, yesterday.
Penalties on 00:39 - Dec 30 with 2218 viewsHAYESBOY

The handball pen is nailed on, no question.
The Smyth penalty claim you can debate, but not long after that he gave Cannon a free kick for exactly the same foul so I would say it should of been a pen.

I know people don't want it, but VAR would have definitely given the pen for the handball.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Penalties on 01:33 - Dec 30 with 2132 viewsNorthernr

I thought the Smyth one was debatable. He very obviously changed his run to jump in front of Woolfenden, then stuck his bum out and collapsed to the floor. However, he was having his shirt pulled all the way through. It falls into ‘seen them given’ and I’m not overly upset about it, though perhaps that’s because I’ve watched David Webb referee us before so I go in with low expectations of getting any single thing out of him.

Which brings me into the handball. That bloke could have caught that ball and thrown it clear and he wasn’t giving that, and it was so fcking blatant that’s not far off what he did.

Been on the Championship list 13 years with no hint of a promotion. No business refereeing at this level of the sport.
Penalties on 08:57 - Dec 30 with 1801 viewshoops_legend

Penalties on 01:33 - Dec 30 by Northernr

I thought the Smyth one was debatable. He very obviously changed his run to jump in front of Woolfenden, then stuck his bum out and collapsed to the floor. However, he was having his shirt pulled all the way through. It falls into ‘seen them given’ and I’m not overly upset about it, though perhaps that’s because I’ve watched David Webb referee us before so I go in with low expectations of getting any single thing out of him.

Which brings me into the handball. That bloke could have caught that ball and thrown it clear and he wasn’t giving that, and it was so fcking blatant that’s not far off what he did.

Been on the Championship list 13 years with no hint of a promotion. No business refereeing at this level of the sport.

Great summary and agreed!
Penalties on 10:05 - Dec 30 with 1682 viewsLongsufferingR

The main issue is that to win a penalty you first have to get into the opposition's penalty area.
Penalties on 19:59 - Dec 30 with 1330 viewsstainrods_elbow

We need to win at least three of those January games at HQs to get ourselves back in the mix. There's an outside chance, though I fear our haul may be 4-5 points at best.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Penalties on 22:25 - Dec 30 with 1230 viewsderbyhoop

Penalties on 22:29 - Dec 29 by CateLeBonR

Agreed.
Smyth went looking for it and the defender barely touched him.
But the handball was blatant.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Penalties on 15:55 - Dec 31 with 1037 viewsMatch82

Penalties on 22:38 - Dec 29 by rbee

Handball would not have been harsh in my opinion. The current handball rules dictate it was a stonewall penalty, arm in an (very!) unnatural position, advantage gained from knocking the ball away.

Definitely hits the hand, definitely unnatural position, I might be looking at the wrong angles but not sure he gained an advantage though. If his hand is down that ball just bounces harmlessly to the other side of the box doesn't it? It was already past all the QPR players by the time it hits his arm, I imagine that's why the ref didn't give it -rightly or wrongly.
Penalties on 16:10 - Dec 31 with 1006 viewsterryb

Penalties on 15:55 - Dec 31 by Match82

Definitely hits the hand, definitely unnatural position, I might be looking at the wrong angles but not sure he gained an advantage though. If his hand is down that ball just bounces harmlessly to the other side of the box doesn't it? It was already past all the QPR players by the time it hits his arm, I imagine that's why the ref didn't give it -rightly or wrongly.

But that is all irrelevant!

A referee is meamt to give decisions according to the laws of the game, not choose which ones he can disregard!

In seasons long ago this wouldn't have been a penalty, but by the current laws it is. The fact that no Rangers player would get the ball & he was in a "harmless" position should not be taken into account.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024