Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread 09:02 - Jan 25 with 42668 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Apologies if I missed that one has been started already. But if not, will see if can keep the 100 percent record, then E17 can take over. A nervy 1 nil to us…I think…..Maybe…Perhaps…Possibly….Potentially….Hopefully…..

DonnieR

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:36 - Jan 28 with 2342 viewskarlski

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:30 - Jan 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Not a great performance, but offside goal cost us two points.

We live to fight again.

Not losing was big. But a frankly awful performance. Can’t recall any sequence of flowing football that got us into threatening position. Zero of the being brave on the ball that MC wants.
Sinclair a positive first half. Tired second half.
I actually thought Drewe did ok against their most threatening player. Used ball reasonably well but misplaced a couple of simple passes at critical moments.
We only upped the ante after conceding - not good enough.

I know Dykes has been marginally better in the 10 role but I just don’t think it makes sense. He’s not quick footer or quick moving which is surely what you want there. Offers a bit of a defensive shield I suppose but that’s very backwards thinking.

Their goal offside but they were the better side out of two bad ones.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:37 - Jan 28 with 2302 viewstraininvain

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:33 - Jan 28 by Gloucs_R

Oh and Willock can feck off. Complete waste of space.

Drewe not good enough

Field and Collback looking forward to a week in Dubai each
[Post edited 28 Jan 15:33]

I thought Drewe did well against Thomas who is a good player at this level.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:38 - Jan 28 with 2277 viewsBoston

I can't help but feel disappointed for Willock. He's so lost his mojo.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:39 - Jan 28 with 2253 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Drewe not good enough

First 2 lines totally agree but last one is not accurate IMO.
Fields could not pull out there he was already sliding and Colback had to hip check that guy otherwise he was away .
Ref gave us a massive amount of yellows and let tHuddersfield away easier its looks like we are getting screwed this year with our horrible officials
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:39 - Jan 28 with 2245 viewsGloucs_R

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:37 - Jan 28 by traininvain

His final ball, several times, was woeful

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:39 - Jan 28 with 2216 viewsQPunkR

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:37 - Jan 28 by traininvain

Defensively in one on ones against Thomas he did well. But with the ball at his feet he was atrocious

QPR - "shit but local"

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:40 - Jan 28 with 2218 viewsbenhurst

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:36 - Jan 28 by karlski

Not losing was big. But a frankly awful performance. Can’t recall any sequence of flowing football that got us into threatening position. Zero of the being brave on the ball that MC wants.
I actually thought Drewe did ok against their most threatening player. Used ball reasonably well but misplaced a couple of simple passes at critical moments.

I know Dykes has been marginally better in the 10 role but I just don’t think it makes sense. He’s not quick footer or quick moving which is surely what you want there. Offers a bit of a defensive shield I suppose but that’s very backwards thinking.

I don't think either team ever got any flowing passing moves together because the instant someone threatened to, the ref gave a foul for the wind blowing too strong
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:40 - Jan 28 with 2218 viewsderbyhoop

A result that doesn't help either side.
It's Rotherham and 2 from 3 with us looking a prime candidate.
Too many poor performances, especially Willock and Dykes.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:41 - Jan 28 with 2167 viewsstainrods_elbow

Interesting to see if Marti will take any responsibility for that dreck, try and big up an absolutely dire, nerve-wracked showing, or blame the players. My money is it won't be the first, and the usual suspects will be out to tell us our whole approach today was nothing to do with him.

My assessment? The players aren't good enough to stay enough, and the manager isn't good enough to help.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:41 - Jan 28 with 2175 viewshoopstar67

Drewe not good enough

Sorry but that's very harsh on Drewe,he actually did very well defensively against their most dangerous attacker
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:42 - Jan 28 with 2160 viewstraininvain

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:39 - Jan 28 by Gloucs_R

His final ball, several times, was woeful

He didn’t show much going forward but I feared the worst when he came on and thought he did ok all things considered.

I wasn’t expecting much so maybe I’m too easily pleased!
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:45 - Jan 28 with 2081 viewsRangersDave

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 14:12 - Jan 28 by Spaceman_P

Ref genuinely looks like he should be an extra in the league of gentlemen.

you mean Barbara?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:48 - Jan 28 with 2006 viewsQPunkR

We were fkn awful. Huddersfield were marginally better. The referee was even worse. Overall it was an appalling waste of everyone's time.

Most of our players looked completely checked out. Chair with a beauty of a cross for the equaliser but that apart he was unusually poor today. Willock pointless as always. Dykes in the hole didn't work today. Our defending from corners is the stuff of nightmares and our attacking set pieces are barely any better.

On the plus side (apart from stealing a point), Sinclair played really well first half. Not only his running and directness but his decision making is improving as well. And I don't think he was offside once!
[Post edited 28 Jan 15:50]

QPR - "shit but local"

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:50 - Jan 28 with 1964 viewsRs_Holy

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:41 - Jan 28 by hoopstar67

Sorry but that's very harsh on Drewe,he actually did very well defensively against their most dangerous attacker

agree ... did really well against the best player on the pitch...
I also think we need the new striker to be a good'n .... the current strikers are not going score enough goals to get us the points we need... No pressure Mr Frey!
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:51 - Jan 28 with 1929 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:41 - Jan 28 by stainrods_elbow

Interesting to see if Marti will take any responsibility for that dreck, try and big up an absolutely dire, nerve-wracked showing, or blame the players. My money is it won't be the first, and the usual suspects will be out to tell us our whole approach today was nothing to do with him.

My assessment? The players aren't good enough to stay enough, and the manager isn't good enough to help.

Sorry but what can he do with this squad? Look at our bench today! This squad is down to Les and co. who assembled it over the last few seasons.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:53 - Jan 28 with 1897 viewsMelakaRanger

This team is absolutely not Championship quality.

Nor does most of this team have any fight or desire - unless they feel like it and most of them didn’t feel like it today!

Only Smyth and Armstrong “tried”.

This was a game that meant so much to the club. Win and we are out of the relegation slots. Surely any team worth their salt would have fought tooth and nail? Not our lot!. To me until the last 2 mins of stoppage time there was only ever one team of players that “wanted “ to win today.

I’d give Armstrong a 3 and Smyth likewise. The rest were 2 at best.
[Post edited 28 Jan 15:55]
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:55 - Jan 28 with 1859 viewsBoston

Some pre match natter.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:55 - Jan 28 with 1851 viewsGloucs_R

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:41 - Jan 28 by hoopstar67

He's not championship level. Never will be.

Let's stop pretending

Poll: Are we staying up?

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:59 - Jan 28 with 1767 viewsstainrods_elbow

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:51 - Jan 28 by Wegerles_Stairs

Sorry but what can he do with this squad? Look at our bench today! This squad is down to Les and co. who assembled it over the last few seasons.

Stop giving the coaches a free pass! By your defeatist logic, we might as well have Gareth back It was the manager's job to set us up, and get us up, to win the game, and he emphatically failed to do that on both counts. We all know about the limitations of the players, but, come on, we deserved to lose that comfortably.

The lot of them can f*ck off and shut up for a week, and I'll see if I'm feeling stupid enough to tune in next Saturday.
[Post edited 28 Jan 16:01]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:01 - Jan 28 with 1727 viewsQPROslo

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 14:04 - Jan 28 by PunteR

we just seem to be trying to get it to Armstrong as quickly as possible. We need a bit more composure.

Hardly had any decent possession today in good positions which I thought was key for Marti. Started by hitting long balls towards Armstrong and he was a big threat 1st half, but after a while we just were lumping too many up in the air anywhere to clear our lines. Missed Dozzell linking our play, Colback and Field were overwhelmed in the midfield.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:05 - Jan 28 with 1652 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:33 - Jan 28 by CLAREMAN1995

A bit of heart and fight late got to give the boys credit it looked like a lost cause but good point .
played like sh*t of course but despite horrible officials we got the draw fair play

Not sure "good point" is right, but agree with the rest of your sentiment.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:07 - Jan 28 with 1615 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 15:36 - Jan 28 by karlski

Broadly agree with all of that.

On Drewe - yes he played ok at times and stopped a few crosses, but in reality Thomas won that duel hands down and it was their main outlet for a reason.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:14 - Jan 28 with 1518 viewsRangersw12

Left when scored so very happy with nicked a point .

Awful performance though with very few positives bar we didn't lose
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:18 - Jan 28 with 1490 viewsHoopstar

Definitely thought Thomas had Drewe on toast all second half.

Positionally, Drewe was all over the place but he isn't Champioship quality and it feels harsh to overly criticise him.

Dykes and Willock the biggest let downs for me today out of a lot of them. If Smyth is fit, do not see how we can start Willock over him in the run-in given their respective attitudes.
Hoops vs Udders - Match thread on 16:19 - Jan 28 with 1475 viewsMedwayR

Massive must-win game and we put that performance in, absolutely fuming.

First half, our only idea was to get it into Armstrong asap. Second half we had no idea because by that point we'd run Armstrong out of steam. He was the only player who looked up for it.

Thought Drewe did ok defensively against one of their best players, I was very worried when he came on, but he's not Championship level.

Our LB is our 2nd top scorer which says it all. Hopefully this new CF can have an impact.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024