Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Nevett to Peterborough 04:35 - Jun 18 with 5790 viewsborodale

According to Fabrizio Romero geezer on twitter.
George Nevett to Peterborough on 08:46 - Jun 18 with 5533 viewsDrigdale

Lots of reporting that the deal will be concluded today.
Peterborough have an excellent track record of buying well and selling players on for a large profit. Their Chairman certainly is no mug and plays hardball when negotiating.
I doubt if the figure will be as high as we may have hoped but hopefully we have agreed good sell on clauses.
Football wise it seems a good move for Nevitt going to the higher reaches of the First division. Potentially he will make the first team or bench sooner than if he had gone to a team higher in the pyramid.
George Nevett to Peterborough on 10:21 - Jun 18 with 5318 viewsEllDale

Sounds like a good deal for all concerned.
Peterborough have a great record in buying and then selling on at a profit.
George Nevett to Peterborough on 11:50 - Jun 18 with 5076 views49thseason

I wonder who is doing the negotiating for Dale?
George Nevett to Peterborough on 12:08 - Jun 18 with 5038 viewsseasidedale

I was hoping he would go to premier or championship club and get him loaned back for the season
George Nevett to Peterborough on 12:10 - Jun 18 with 5019 viewsDale_4_Life

Whilst no need to capitulate when negotiating this could be good business for all concerned.

Dale get a decent cash injection that allows Big Jim to continue to sign the players he would like for this season.

Any sell on clause could benefit Dale in later seasons should George reach his full potential.

Posh get an outstanding young talent who should be able to feature almost immediately in there first team.

Dale might be able to negotiate a season long loan for a Posh youngster not quite ready for league 1 but needs a full season of men's football lower in the pyramid.

Lets see, Good move for Nevett will be interesting to see how he progresses.
[Post edited 18 Jun 12:13]
George Nevett to Peterborough on 12:46 - Jun 18 with 4859 viewsYorkshire_Dale

George Nevett to Peterborough on 11:50 - Jun 18 by 49thseason

I wonder who is doing the negotiating for Dale?

Will George Delves be the most experienced in this matter? Who else......

Just hope it's a done deal and concluded quickly so the Club can move on to planning a good start in August.

Perhaps Posh will let us have Odoh on loan,.......?
George Nevett to Peterborough on 13:01 - Jun 18 with 4787 viewsD_Alien

George Nevett to Peterborough on 12:46 - Jun 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Will George Delves be the most experienced in this matter? Who else......

Just hope it's a done deal and concluded quickly so the Club can move on to planning a good start in August.

Perhaps Posh will let us have Odoh on loan,.......?

Just as an aside, Delves seemed to have "upped his game" at the recent forum. He fielded a number of questions with something approaching efficiency and eloquence, a far cry from his assertion that a section of shareholder names had "fallen off the bottom of the list" not so long since (and didn't seem to have a clue what to do to put it right)

New blood in the boardroom may have stirred his own blood sufficiently, as it would have to, you'd hope

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

George Nevett to Peterborough on 14:37 - Jun 18 with 4505 viewsYorkshire_Dale

George Nevett to Peterborough on 13:01 - Jun 18 by D_Alien

Just as an aside, Delves seemed to have "upped his game" at the recent forum. He fielded a number of questions with something approaching efficiency and eloquence, a far cry from his assertion that a section of shareholder names had "fallen off the bottom of the list" not so long since (and didn't seem to have a clue what to do to put it right)

New blood in the boardroom may have stirred his own blood sufficiently, as it would have to, you'd hope

Indeed he did.....appeared to be the "main man" in many matters and a point of reference for many on that top table.
Login to get fewer ads

George Nevett to Peterborough on 18:10 - Jun 18 with 4019 views49thseason

Club has just confirmed he has gone .. undisclosed fee..
Will Jim now get a bigger budget?
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/june/nevett-departs/
[Post edited 18 Jun 18:11]
George Nevett to Peterborough on 18:16 - Jun 18 with 3992 viewsDale_4_Life

George Nevett to Peterborough on 13:01 - Jun 18 by D_Alien

Long may it continue..

we need every employee, director, volunteer, fan.. to be at the top of there game.

This is the pivotal moment for change for the better. The days of little old Rochdale should be firmly behind us.

Last season the opening home game, The Ticket office match day opening hours was advertised as 9.00am. I know one casual attendee turned up at 09.05 to buy several tickets. It still sticks in my throat this one... I believe the office eventually opened at about 9.28.... He or his friends never attended another home game all season. Talk about a missed opportunity.

I am confident this type of CBA attitude is a thing of the past.
George Nevett to Peterborough on 18:24 - Jun 18 with 3933 viewsEllDale

Nevett has signed a four year deal with the option of a fifth according to the Peterborough chairman so he’s done well.
Deal involves a “six figure fee”.
George Nevett to Peterborough on 18:28 - Jun 18 with 3903 viewsNewbury_Dale

With Ferguson sure to spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch, central defence is looking quite threadbare at the moment.
[Post edited 18 Jun 18:29]
George Nevett to Peterborough on 18:40 - Jun 18 with 3829 views49thseason

George Nevett to Peterborough on 18:24 - Jun 18 by EllDale

Nevett has signed a four year deal with the option of a fifth according to the Peterborough chairman so he’s done well.
Deal involves a “six figure fee”.

Hopefully it starts with a bigger number than 1....

We need to recruit at least 2 more central defenders now and a keeper.
George Nevett to Peterborough on 19:44 - Jun 18 with 3547 viewsRodingdale

George Nevett to Peterborough on 18:10 - Jun 18 by 49thseason

Had the takeover not happened I’d have been disappointed by this, but, the context is changed now. It remains to be seen, and time will tell, whether this was a good deal for us or not.
George Nevett to Peterborough on 21:59 - Jun 18 with 3210 viewsdingdangblue

George Nevett to Peterborough on 18:10 - Jun 18 by 49thseason

Yes - he's now got 200k more in the kitty. 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

George Nevett to Peterborough on 23:29 - Jun 18 with 3053 viewsYorkshire_Dale

George Nevett to Peterborough on 21:59 - Jun 18 by dingdangblue

Yes - he's now got 200k more in the kitty. 😉

As good as that sounds, I hope he spends wisely cos we are n't made of money and some of these 2 year deals are bound to misfire, we have previous in this regard.....other selling Clubs will be aware.
George Nevett to Peterborough on 01:40 - Jun 19 with 2927 views_Windydale

George Nevett to Peterborough on 23:29 - Jun 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

As good as that sounds, I hope he spends wisely cos we are n't made of money and some of these 2 year deals are bound to misfire, we have previous in this regard.....other selling Clubs will be aware.

These two years deals may also be a great move towards creating a settled squad. The guys are now part of the long term plan. Too early days to be a Derek downer about it. On target, or misfire .give them a chance
George Nevett to Peterborough on 07:47 - Jun 19 with 2713 viewsseasidedale

I know we moan about sales but we don’t know what’s in the players contract, there could be clauses saying he is allowed to speak to clubs ect we don’t know
George Nevett to Peterborough on 12:56 - Jun 21 with 1495 viewsdiplodocus

George Nevett to Peterborough on 07:47 - Jun 19 by seasidedale

I know we moan about sales but we don’t know what’s in the players contract, there could be clauses saying he is allowed to speak to clubs ect we don’t know

we don't. but what we do know is that Rochdale are rarely on the end of a massive 'add-on'.
we provide uncut diamonds then pass them on to be polished and profited by others.
George Nevett to Peterborough on 14:51 - Jun 21 with 1319 viewsNorthernDale

We do not know the terms of the deal, but I would like to think that the new board have the business skills to have additional payments, including any a percentage of any future sale built into sale. One thing about his transfer to Peterborough, is that he is more likely to get first team football at Peterborough, rather than would be the case, if he had to somebody like Palace, which can only good for his progression

Good news about Rodney signing a new contract, hopefully John and Keohane will sign new contracts as well.
[Post edited 21 Jun 15:20]
George Nevett to Peterborough on 16:11 - Jun 21 with 1177 viewsjonahwhereru

Being tied into a 4 or possibly 5 year deal is a decent outcome for us. If he progresses well clubs higher up the pyramid will not want to wait for the last year of the contract before stepping in with a bid. This is a good story for all involved. Jim must be buzzing that the early season gamble on George has turned out so well.
George Nevett to Peterborough on 18:32 - Jun 21 with 985 viewskel

George Nevett to Peterborough on 12:56 - Jun 21 by diplodocus

we don't. but what we do know is that Rochdale are rarely on the end of a massive 'add-on'.
we provide uncut diamonds then pass them on to be polished and profited by others.

Aye, we made nowt on Lambert, Dawson, Le Fondre, Hogan etc did we?

You need to familiarise yourself with the past 15 years or so, especially since you had no idea who Alexander Jarvis was until I made you aware. Try harder.
[Post edited 21 Jun 18:45]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024