Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm - Online Poll 14:55 - Apr 15 with 4407 viewsDWQPR

Found this on the dotorg..............

I postied this originally in another thread but, upon reflection, it probably deserves a thread of it's own.
The latest news from Warren Farm; from Ealing Councils perspective. There appear to be many objections to the proposed plans from locals but, if I understand it correctly, Ealing Council don't want to spend a penny on the site and have offered a 200 year lease but this in turn means QPR get to have the last word on how the development will progress and this means it will no longer be such a viable venue for much of the local sport as it was before?

http://www.wfig.org.uk/

If you would like the Warren Farm Training Ground to receive acceptance there is also a poll. Currently there are more people against the development than there are for it. Time for some Jamie Pollock/ Jamie Mackie voting?

http://www.wfig.org.uk/poll

Time to get voting!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 15:06 - Apr 15 with 3759 viewskingo

My son played over at Barnet's The Hive last week. This is an absoltely fantastic facility and has been done in co-operation with Harrow Council. We desperately need to make sure that warren farm goes ahead as at the moment the QPR youth set up is based all over the place. A facility like Barnets would certainly improve our yougsters.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 17:25 - Apr 15 with 3706 viewspeejaybee

Who do we have at the club that could make a success of Warren Farm.?????

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 18:01 - Apr 15 with 3665 viewsWestActon

Just done my bit!!
Warren Farm - Online Poll on 18:31 - Apr 15 with 3632 viewsN12Hoop

Choosing 1 of the first 6 "about you" choices is probably advisable to avoid the obvious conclusion the site has been hijacked. Indeed in my current tired state I thought that N12 was in Ealing. Oops
Also, if we end up with 100,000 votes then it will also be pretty obvious so let's not overdo it!

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 18:37 - Apr 15 with 3621 viewsMoonshineSteve

If we do move to Warren Farm how will fans get there? I haven't often been west of the Bush so don't know the area.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 18:57 - Apr 15 with 3598 viewsCliff

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 18:37 - Apr 15 by MoonshineSteve

If we do move to Warren Farm how will fans get there? I haven't often been west of the Bush so don't know the area.

I've just read the objections on the counter site:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-warren-farm-ealing-as-genuine-undevelop

Which lists the following losses:

-Public open space will be lost where local residents can easily walk, relax and play games as they have previously done for generations.
-The community area will only be 1/3 of what it was, an loss of 2/3 of the existing sports grounds.
-The community will lose all 11 full-sized football pitches to be replaced with only small pitches for the local league clubs to play on.
-The new cricket pitches will be overlapped by the football pitches making them unusable at the same time.
-All ten existing Netball courts will be lost.
-All three Shot Put pits will be lost.
-All six Long Jump tracks will be lost.
-Benefits have been described as ‘various’ but still remain undefined.
-Ealing Council are gaining £0 in rental income.
-Insufficient space will remain for the flying club to train new members.
-Insufficient space will remain for many community events previously held on the grounds.
-The Pride and Joy child nursery will have to move it premises.
-Any increase in noise, light pollution or human activity will adversely affect the human population and the local wildlife including owls, woodpeckers and pipistrelle bats.

I thought there was a commitment to provide facilities to the local community. This looks like we would be taking an awful lot away.
Warren Farm - Online Poll on 19:23 - Apr 15 with 3552 viewsMedwayR

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 18:57 - Apr 15 by Cliff

I've just read the objections on the counter site:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-warren-farm-ealing-as-genuine-undevelop

Which lists the following losses:

-Public open space will be lost where local residents can easily walk, relax and play games as they have previously done for generations.
-The community area will only be 1/3 of what it was, an loss of 2/3 of the existing sports grounds.
-The community will lose all 11 full-sized football pitches to be replaced with only small pitches for the local league clubs to play on.
-The new cricket pitches will be overlapped by the football pitches making them unusable at the same time.
-All ten existing Netball courts will be lost.
-All three Shot Put pits will be lost.
-All six Long Jump tracks will be lost.
-Benefits have been described as ‘various’ but still remain undefined.
-Ealing Council are gaining £0 in rental income.
-Insufficient space will remain for the flying club to train new members.
-Insufficient space will remain for many community events previously held on the grounds.
-The Pride and Joy child nursery will have to move it premises.
-Any increase in noise, light pollution or human activity will adversely affect the human population and the local wildlife including owls, woodpeckers and pipistrelle bats.

I thought there was a commitment to provide facilities to the local community. This looks like we would be taking an awful lot away.

I suspect many of the facilities they are 'losing' are probably in a poor state currently and don't get used, and many of the facilities probably don't have much demand anyway. It's just NIMBY's making the usual noises.

Poll: Who’s better?

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 19:40 - Apr 15 with 3529 viewsloftboy

The whole site is a shithole, refereed there many a time, delapidated changing rooms, no hot water, hardly anyone goes there unless they are playing football, whatever QPR do to it, it will be an improvement ataf
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 19:51 - Apr 15 with 3508 viewsqueensparker

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 19:40 - Apr 15 by loftboy

The whole site is a shithole, refereed there many a time, delapidated changing rooms, no hot water, hardly anyone goes there unless they are playing football, whatever QPR do to it, it will be an improvement ataf
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

This.

Have played many games there over the years and my cousin's place is round the corner. Like every sporting facility Ealing Council "run" its completely neglected and looks semi-abandoned and barely used apart from for football.

Anything will be an improvement as long as we don't fence the whole place off. I doubt Ealing Council want anything in "partnership" unfortunately, they just want one less thing to fund/do.

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 23:40 - Apr 15 with 3402 viewsCliff

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 19:51 - Apr 15 by queensparker

This.

Have played many games there over the years and my cousin's place is round the corner. Like every sporting facility Ealing Council "run" its completely neglected and looks semi-abandoned and barely used apart from for football.

Anything will be an improvement as long as we don't fence the whole place off. I doubt Ealing Council want anything in "partnership" unfortunately, they just want one less thing to fund/do.

I'm not saying you're wrong I've never visited the site or lived in the area, what I am saying is that I believed what I heard about offering extensive facilities for the local community, it now looks like spin.

If this really is designated as Metropolitan Open Land which is designated as:

" land that includes open air facilities, especially for leisure, recreation, sport, arts and cultural activities and tourism which serve the whole or significant parts of London"

then I fail to see how fencing off two thirds of it to a private company is a good idea. I would be strongly against this if it were anyone else except QPR, as it is I'm still concerned.
Warren Farm - Online Poll on 09:29 - Apr 16 with 3292 viewsloftboy

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 23:40 - Apr 15 by Cliff

I'm not saying you're wrong I've never visited the site or lived in the area, what I am saying is that I believed what I heard about offering extensive facilities for the local community, it now looks like spin.

If this really is designated as Metropolitan Open Land which is designated as:

" land that includes open air facilities, especially for leisure, recreation, sport, arts and cultural activities and tourism which serve the whole or significant parts of London"

then I fail to see how fencing off two thirds of it to a private company is a good idea. I would be strongly against this if it were anyone else except QPR, as it is I'm still concerned.

Cliff, if you get a chance pay it a visit, you will soon change your mind.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 09:31 - Apr 16 with 3290 viewsbosh67

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 09:29 - Apr 16 by loftboy

Cliff, if you get a chance pay it a visit, you will soon change your mind.

Surely we should be finding a site that currently has a school, a hospital and a benefits office on it. The government would probably give us a grant at that point to knock them all down.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 09:44 - Apr 16 with 3270 viewsGloucs_R

I've got a really strong feeling that the new stadium will be replacing the LC stadium.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 09:55 - Apr 16 with 3256 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 09:31 - Apr 16 by bosh67

Surely we should be finding a site that currently has a school, a hospital and a benefits office on it. The government would probably give us a grant at that point to knock them all down.

Indeed. With a few endangered species on the site.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 10:04 - Apr 16 with 3248 viewsBucks_Ranger

I have cast my vote.

Interesting artical here, we have competition.....

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/the-battle-for-warren-farm-7443869.html
Warren Farm - Online Poll on 10:32 - Apr 16 with 3215 viewsdaveB

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 10:04 - Apr 16 by Bucks_Ranger

I have cast my vote.

Interesting artical here, we have competition.....

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/the-battle-for-warren-farm-7443869.html

thats from last year, I think the Southall thing fell through
Warren Farm - Online Poll on 10:41 - Apr 16 with 3201 viewsMoonshineSteve

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 10:51 - Apr 16 with 3186 viewsCliff

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 10:41 - Apr 16 by MoonshineSteve

It's just the training ground isn't it?

Not the new stadium surely
Warren Farm - Online Poll on 11:01 - Apr 16 with 3172 viewsdaveB

it's just a training ground so no need to go really
Warren Farm - Online Poll on 11:12 - Apr 16 with 3152 views18StoneOfHoop

Morning Steve Today's Tuesday. How many stops from Barking is Dagenham? Still not everyone from Essex is dozy are they? :

In all seriousness Steve,Warren Farm is about 6 mile straight west down the Uxbridge Road from HQ and is handily placed nearby to the St Bernards/Ealing former mental hospital.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 11:55 - Apr 16 with 3124 viewsqueensparker

Ealing Council have announced this as well for Pitshanger Park, should help

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/pitshanger-park-to-be-turned-int
Warren Farm - Online Poll on 12:14 - Apr 16 with 3104 viewsMoonshineSteve

So no fans will go to watch training?

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 12:19 - Apr 16 with 3085 viewsJuzzie

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 09:31 - Apr 16 by bosh67

Nah, they'd need to keep the benefits office open.

A school, hospital, fire station, police station and day nursey and then we'll get the go-ahead.

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 12:38 - Apr 16 with 3056 viewsQPunkR

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 12:14 - Apr 16 by MoonshineSteve

So no fans will go to watch training?

Why would anyone want to go and see such sights as Bosw@nker counting out his money, Granero plonking innumerable dead-balls straight at the first opposition dummy on the near-post and most of the rest of the squad playing cards for 2 hours then naffing off home?
I daresay some fans'd want to go there, but for the life of me can't understand why!

QPR - "shit but local"

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 13:39 - Apr 16 with 3012 viewsPinnerPaul

Warren Farm - Online Poll on 15:06 - Apr 15 by kingo

My son played over at Barnet's The Hive last week. This is an absoltely fantastic facility and has been done in co-operation with Harrow Council. We desperately need to make sure that warren farm goes ahead as at the moment the QPR youth set up is based all over the place. A facility like Barnets would certainly improve our yougsters.

Its not THAT fantastic, there are not enough dressing rooms and only place you can get hot drinks is at the Starbucks concession which means clubs can't/won't give free drinks to guests, officials etc.

Pitches ARE superb though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024