Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' 10:15 - Jun 19 with 7541 viewsDieByYourSide

Harry Redknapp's reaction to the fixture list...

“I’m good friends with Dave and Milan and I’m looking forward to seeing them both. I wish them all the best for the season — after the opening day! They’re both big characters in the game and Sheffield Wednesday are a massive club with a huge following''

“Bolton and Leeds are big, big clubs in this division and both will expect to be challenging this season. There’s no easy games but we’re looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead.”

Valuable insight, Harry

Poll: And it's hi ho

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:30 - Jun 19 with 1563 viewsMkPaul

You can tell there's been nothing to moan about for a week or so
This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:35 - Jun 19 with 1531 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 10:24 - Jun 19 by essextaxiboy

The constant negativity amazes me . What has he said that is out of order there ?

What would you have him say ?

While he is the man in post we should get behind him , sometimes it reads like a Southampton board on here .

Agree with you on this one, essex, in fairness.

I think people should be positive. I can't stand the man. I think he's a greedy, good-for-nothing, grumpy, gobby, git....sorry, where was I...?

Oh ya, he's said nothing wrong here.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:39 - Jun 19 with 1515 viewsStanisgod

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 10:56 - Jun 19 by hoopdog

Bigger clubs than us
S/Wednesday
N/forest
Birmingham
Derby
Leeds
Liecester
Bolton
Ipswich

Ipswich ????

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:40 - Jun 19 with 1509 viewsTheBlob

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 10:28 - Jun 19 by DieByYourSide

It's just annoying hearing him come out with the same old shite all the time...

Well you'd know all about that.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:46 - Jun 19 with 1492 viewshoopdog

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:39 - Jun 19 by Stanisgod

Ipswich ????

You'll find out if you compare home gates this season , we have to get real we are a small club with TF trying to get us bigger and all we get is small club negativity
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:48 - Jun 19 with 1483 viewssimmo

There is nothing wrong with being a small club. I actually prefer it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:51 - Jun 19 with 1471 viewshoopdog

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:48 - Jun 19 by simmo

There is nothing wrong with being a small club. I actually prefer it.

Nope dead right but so many posters delude their selves into believing we are are a big club
This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 13:26 - Jun 19 with 1431 viewsderbyhoop

Compared with an out of date, 18000 capacity ground on a cramped site, virtually every club in the Championship is a big club.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 13:34 - Jun 19 with 1423 viewsWeaverQPR

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:51 - Jun 19 by hoopdog

Nope dead right but so many posters delude their selves into believing we are are a big club

You can add our chairman to that as well.

@WeavQPR

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 13:41 - Jun 19 with 1411 viewsR_from_afar

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 10:24 - Jun 19 by essextaxiboy

The constant negativity amazes me . What has he said that is out of order there ?

What would you have him say ?

While he is the man in post we should get behind him , sometimes it reads like a Southampton board on here .

You are right, we do need to get behind him, but I would feel more confident about our prospects if 'Arry spent more time talking about his employers and their club and the robust plan he has put together to resurrect our fortunes and get us promoted at the first time of asking.

Something like this would be nice: "We have identified the areas in which we need to strengthen and we have pinpointed first, second and third choice options for each area. We have worked out formations and ways of playing which play to our strengths and are working on our plans for each of the fixtures which stand before us. We are also introducing a programme designed to engender desire and hunger in our players whilst at the same time creating unbreakable team spirit and strong discipline".

Ah, aren't pipe dereams wonderful?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 13:42 - Jun 19 with 1407 viewsDieByYourSide

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:40 - Jun 19 by TheBlob

Well you'd know all about that.

Have I made a message board enemy? This is exciting and a first!

Poll: And it's hi ho

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 14:03 - Jun 19 with 1382 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Big Ron killed Wednesday by narrowing the pitch.

True say.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 14:32 - Jun 19 with 1352 viewsJuzzie

If 'arry says "God they're a s**t club" that will be printed off by the manager and stuck on the away dressing room door. Pre-match team-talk no longer needed.

By saying they're wonderful, massive, 'triffic etc avoids all that and doesn't give the opposition anything to throw back in our face.

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 14:59 - Jun 19 with 1339 viewsdaveB

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 13:41 - Jun 19 by R_from_afar

You are right, we do need to get behind him, but I would feel more confident about our prospects if 'Arry spent more time talking about his employers and their club and the robust plan he has put together to resurrect our fortunes and get us promoted at the first time of asking.

Something like this would be nice: "We have identified the areas in which we need to strengthen and we have pinpointed first, second and third choice options for each area. We have worked out formations and ways of playing which play to our strengths and are working on our plans for each of the fixtures which stand before us. We are also introducing a programme designed to engender desire and hunger in our players whilst at the same time creating unbreakable team spirit and strong discipline".

Ah, aren't pipe dereams wonderful?

RFA

he could say all that to please you but actions speak louder than words so for me he is best off just getting on with the job which to be fair to him he has been doing.
This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 15:07 - Jun 19 with 1331 viewsQPR_John

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:51 - Jun 19 by hoopdog

Let's hope we know our place and do not trouble the big clubs in this division.
This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 15:15 - Jun 19 with 1271 viewslosethedrum

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:24 - Jun 19 by TacticalR

I thought Leeds were *the* massive club?

No , only a nine iron apparently
This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 15:55 - Jun 19 with 1244 viewsJigsore

Sheff Weds attendances are pretty representative of their status. Would say their one of the bigger clubs in the Championship tbh. Historically they are bigger than Reading or Wigan any day

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 18:47 - Jun 19 with 1193 viewsnewgolddream

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 10:17 - Jun 19 by DesertBoot

"No easy games" = don't blame me if we lose

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 18:55 - Jun 19 with 1181 viewsR_from_afar

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 14:59 - Jun 19 by daveB

he could say all that to please you but actions speak louder than words so for me he is best off just getting on with the job which to be fair to him he has been doing.

Well, true, actions do speak louder than words but "all that," as you put it took me, oh, four minutes to write.

We fans have taken a battering - well, me and the QPR fans I know well have - and something like that would give us a massive lift after a season totally devoid of hope. It would be nice to have something to pin my hopes on and it doesn't take much effort, does it?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 21:10 - Jun 19 with 1133 viewsFredManRave

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:24 - Jun 19 by TacticalR

I thought Leeds were *the* massive club?

No. Leeds are a sleeping giant.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 21:19 - Jun 19 with 1131 viewsBushRangerW12

Time for Harry to show everyone how big we are. Read more on my latest blog post at http://beataboutthebushranger.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/24-qpr-201213-unmitigated-d

The Bush Ranger

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 00:40 - Jun 20 with 1075 viewsLoftusRdW12

Sorry, but since when was Danny Simpson a bad sining?

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 02:45 - Jun 20 with 1066 viewstimcocking

I would say Seffield Wednesday is a bloody big club, if not massive. Didn't see anything wrong in Redknapp's quote to be honest. He has to say the same rubbish as every single other manager says most of the time. What else is there to say? You are obligated to comment as part of your duties.

It's the bleeding players we have got who have me worried.
This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:33 - Jun 20 with 1026 viewsqprxtc

Wednesday are traditionally a big club, given their support and history that should be fairly undeniable.

If we were to do this whole "we're bigger than you" malarkey than that list earlier on is pretty accurate, in my opinion. I'd put Ipswich above us as they have won the league and FA cup.

In terms of our history and tradition, we are as average as it gets.

Oh an Redknapp said nothing wrong at all.
This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 18:55 - Jun 20 with 948 viewsTheBlob

This just in, Sheffield Wednesday are a ''massive club'' on 12:33 - Jun 20 by qprxtc

Wednesday are traditionally a big club, given their support and history that should be fairly undeniable.

If we were to do this whole "we're bigger than you" malarkey than that list earlier on is pretty accurate, in my opinion. I'd put Ipswich above us as they have won the league and FA cup.

In terms of our history and tradition, we are as average as it gets.

Oh an Redknapp said nothing wrong at all.

What,an average club wins the League Cup,nearly wins the league,top London club for years,been in Europe,produced internationals including captain of England.founder members of the Premier League and over 13 seasons therein......?

It's great being average.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024