Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hooper off to Naarwich 10:12 - Jul 25 with 13800 viewsQPR1882

4 yr deal
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:44 - Jul 25 with 1782 viewsbaz_qpr

I'm kind of quite glad about this, if he had come to us it would have been for the wrong reasons.
Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:45 - Jul 25 with 1761 viewsdaveB

Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:44 - Jul 25 by baz_qpr

I'm kind of quite glad about this, if he had come to us it would have been for the wrong reasons.

how do you know? If he had come to us, and he still might for all we know, it would be because he wants to
Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:49 - Jul 25 with 1738 viewsQPR_John

I assume you mean if he came to us it would be for the money. If you only want players to come here because they love QPR you'll have a long wait.
Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:49 - Jul 25 with 1733 viewsWatfordR

Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:36 - Jul 25 by daveB

so if he joins us he is not the sort we want and if he doesn't then Redknapp is an idiot. Good to know

dave, in fairness, why would any player turn down a move to the Prem in favour for a move to the championship? And if Hooper signs for money rather than hunger to prove himself, then what is the difference between him and any of the other players that Redknapp has publicly lambasted? Remember, it is Redknapp who has publicly stated that he wants the "right sort" of player.

Personally, I'd have been delighted to see Hooper join, but given he isnt a lifelong QPR fan, why would anyone expect him to choose us over a Prem club? The only person who raised those expectations was Redknapp.
Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:55 - Jul 25 with 1687 viewsbaz_qpr

Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:45 - Jul 25 by daveB

how do you know? If he had come to us, and he still might for all we know, it would be because he wants to

The guy has premiership suitors and played in the champions league why would you want to drop to the championship where you have already proven yourself. Its a step down and for that reason he would have only come for the money not to achieve or the glory and I think we have been there seen it done it.

It would have been a bizarre transfer
Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:59 - Jul 25 with 1653 viewsdaveB

Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:49 - Jul 25 by WatfordR

dave, in fairness, why would any player turn down a move to the Prem in favour for a move to the championship? And if Hooper signs for money rather than hunger to prove himself, then what is the difference between him and any of the other players that Redknapp has publicly lambasted? Remember, it is Redknapp who has publicly stated that he wants the "right sort" of player.

Personally, I'd have been delighted to see Hooper join, but given he isnt a lifelong QPR fan, why would anyone expect him to choose us over a Prem club? The only person who raised those expectations was Redknapp.

to live in london and to work with redknapp would be two reasons and money would be the third, I imagine he will pick the Prem which is fair enough but was well worth trying for
Hooper off to Naarwich on 12:01 - Jul 25 with 1637 viewsqprewan

I dont know what you are all worrying about- we've still got Bobby zamorra- ' he's a great player , a great professional and a trifick lad' . Trifick!
Hooper off to Naarwich on 12:10 - Jul 25 with 1590 viewsWatfordR

Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:59 - Jul 25 by daveB

to live in london and to work with redknapp would be two reasons and money would be the third, I imagine he will pick the Prem which is fair enough but was well worth trying for

"to work with redknapp"

Are you serious???? He doesn't do any of the coaching, wtf is he going to work on with Gary Hooper? Tax avoidance planning?
Login to get fewer ads

Hooper off to Naarwich on 12:39 - Jul 25 with 1488 viewsStanisgod

yeah, great, it's not as if we need a goal scorer is it ? F@ck him.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Hooper off to Naarwich on 12:59 - Jul 25 with 1430 viewsRblockPrior

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Gutted about this and when someone at work this morning I claimed it cant be true as Arry last night pretty much confirmed he was our player, what a balls up. Mackie def can not go now, we will have a new striker of that im positive but Hooper ticked all the boxes imo

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:04 - Jul 25 with 1397 viewsdaveB

Hooper off to Naarwich on 12:10 - Jul 25 by WatfordR

"to work with redknapp"

Are you serious???? He doesn't do any of the coaching, wtf is he going to work on with Gary Hooper? Tax avoidance planning?

well that's one of the reason many players have given for joining us including Dunne and Remy. I do forget though that Redknapp is clearly useless and no one would want to play for us whilst he is manager
Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:08 - Jul 25 with 1370 viewsQPunkR

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:04 - Jul 25 by daveB

well that's one of the reason many players have given for joining us including Dunne and Remy. I do forget though that Redknapp is clearly useless and no one would want to play for us whilst he is manager

Oh stop going over the top.

I also don't see why any footballer worth his salt would want to come to us rather than a Premiership club just to 'work with' Tax Avoidance 'Arry

QPR - "shit but local"

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:12 - Jul 25 with 1347 viewsdaveB

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:08 - Jul 25 by QPunkR

Oh stop going over the top.

I also don't see why any footballer worth his salt would want to come to us rather than a Premiership club just to 'work with' Tax Avoidance 'Arry

well yeah the prem is obviously a big attraction and will be why Hoppers goes to Norwich but to suggest Redknapp has no pull is mental, players want to play for him regardless of what some of our supporters think
Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:14 - Jul 25 with 1332 viewsWatfordR

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:12 - Jul 25 by daveB

well yeah the prem is obviously a big attraction and will be why Hoppers goes to Norwich but to suggest Redknapp has no pull is mental, players want to play for him regardless of what some of our supporters think

Didnt see much evidence of players wanting to play for him last season. Did you?
Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:17 - Jul 25 with 1304 viewsRblockPrior

least we can still say weve got Remy lol

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:17 - Jul 25 with 1301 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:17 - Jul 25 by RblockPrior

least we can still say weve got Remy lol

He is off to Newcastle

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:18 - Jul 25 with 1293 viewsQPunkR

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:12 - Jul 25 by daveB

Players say all kinda shít when they sign for a new club, and in order to explain why they picked that one over others. Very rarely will a player cite the real reason of £££££££££££££ for why they picked one club over another, and so the platitudes begin with the likes of 'wanted to play with the manager', it's a 'big club', want to 'help the club get back to where it deserves to be' etc etc ad nauseam
The real fact of the matter is, it almost always comes down to the one thing that Papiss Cissé apparently can't stand - Wonga.

QPR - "shit but local"

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:19 - Jul 25 with 1291 viewsdaveB

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:14 - Jul 25 by WatfordR

Didnt see much evidence of players wanting to play for him last season. Did you?

i saw plenty of evidence of it until the Wigan draw then the white flag went up. The performances against Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, Southampton, Villa and Sunderland in the second half of the season were ones where they were clearly trying for the manager.

I'll leave it though as the witch hunt it in full flow now, we have a new scapegoat for everything.
Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:38 - Jul 25 with 1216 viewsrobith

Funny how when Redknapp denied it I thought "Oh, we're in with a chance here" and as soon as he started the "done deal" chat I thought "nailed on norwich"
Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:52 - Jul 25 with 1165 viewsYorkRanger

Hard to be surprised here. Its disappointing that Hooper isn't coming but he was never going to pick QPR over Norwich and once the level for an acceptable bid was established it was just a matter of time before Norwich matched it. Harry's comments yesterday were naive, but one could be fair and showing the work he was doing to buy the "right sort" and strengthen the squad.

Moving on from this I think Austin could be a great buy. If the medical "issues" can be overcome he has proven his ability to score goals at this level.
Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:54 - Jul 25 with 1155 viewsTheBlob

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:38 - Jul 25 by robith

Funny how when Redknapp denied it I thought "Oh, we're in with a chance here" and as soon as he started the "done deal" chat I thought "nailed on norwich"

Then why didn't you lump on at the bookies?Harry probably did after talking up the deal and getting Norwich to drift out in the market.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:56 - Jul 25 with 1129 viewsQPunkR

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:52 - Jul 25 by YorkRanger

Hard to be surprised here. Its disappointing that Hooper isn't coming but he was never going to pick QPR over Norwich and once the level for an acceptable bid was established it was just a matter of time before Norwich matched it. Harry's comments yesterday were naive, but one could be fair and showing the work he was doing to buy the "right sort" and strengthen the squad.

Moving on from this I think Austin could be a great buy. If the medical "issues" can be overcome he has proven his ability to score goals at this level.

By overcoming the medical issues, you mean totally ignoring the - possibly serious - underlying medical issues which stopped another club buying him?
Sounds a bit desperate. If the guy is knackered it'd prob be safer to go for a Prem player on loan, rather than someone suffering from knee or elbow-knack

QPR - "shit but local"

Hooper off to Naarwich on 14:06 - Jul 25 with 1078 viewsbaz_qpr

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:56 - Jul 25 by QPunkR

By overcoming the medical issues, you mean totally ignoring the - possibly serious - underlying medical issues which stopped another club buying him?
Sounds a bit desperate. If the guy is knackered it'd prob be safer to go for a Prem player on loan, rather than someone suffering from knee or elbow-knack

Demba Ba
Hooper off to Naarwich on 14:09 - Jul 25 with 1054 viewsYorkRanger

Hooper off to Naarwich on 13:56 - Jul 25 by QPunkR

Well none of us know the reason why Hull turned him down, but the fact remains that Burnley bought him from Swindon not that long ago and since then his fitness record has been good as has his goalscoring.

He must be worth a good look at.
Hooper off to Naarwich on 14:18 - Jul 25 with 1017 viewsdaveB

all quite amusing really, a month ago Redknapp was getting stick on here for not looking at players like Austin now we are trying to sign him he's wrong to do that as well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024