Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hooper off to Naarwich 10:12 - Jul 25 with 13482 viewsQPR1882

4 yr deal
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:40 - Jul 25 with 1788 viewsstansleftfoot

Harry Redknapp and his relentless drive for self-publicity.....I hope Fernandes tells him to pack his bags, whether we get Hooper or not.
The man is an unprofessional clown, doesn't want to be here and is not a long term option to manage a club that needs to clear it's books of many footballers, we need to build a new culture, and we need a Manager to represent the club in a proper manner.
These two years are an opportunity, Harry Redknapp is a problem!
So much so that he's clearly not involved in negotiations for players, are we trying to force a resignation...just get rid.
Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:41 - Jul 25 with 1769 viewsrosseeles

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:34 - Jul 25 by WatfordR

Yes. Good question.

Why indeed?

To make himself look like a total nob in public must been for a very good reason watford.

Personally i just think he was trying to convince hooper to come. I'd like to think we have a plan B, but nothing thats happened recently convinces me thats true
Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:42 - Jul 25 with 1758 viewsdaveB

we love a good moan, was always on the cards that if Norwich matched out bid he'd go to Norwich. Lennon has been talking non stop about him going to QPR as well. I'd wait and see, sky sources have been wrong before
Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:43 - Jul 25 with 1751 viewsBAWHoops

I don't think Redknapp did much wrong.

Said a deal was close, it was, we had an offer accepted and the player was due in today to seal it all.
Last minute bid from a Prem club scuppered it.
He gave an interview to a small paper and it got picked up by others
These things happen

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:43 - Jul 25 with 1746 viewsNorthernr

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:41 - Jul 25 by rosseeles

To make himself look like a total nob in public must been for a very good reason watford.

Personally i just think he was trying to convince hooper to come. I'd like to think we have a plan B, but nothing thats happened recently convinces me thats true

Well it might be to cover his ars for later. It's pretty obvious we're going to struggle for goals so I'd expect comments like "what can I do? I tried to get Gary Hooper here, triffic lad, great player. I thought we'd done that deal but we let Norwich nip in."
Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:44 - Jul 25 with 1735 viewsmakaveli1882

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:32 - Jul 25 by Northernr

The only hope is he did it because he's trying to distract attention away from another deal - say for Austin. Otherwise he looks a complete dick. Just say nothing like everybody else FFS. Every other manager in the world manages to drive around with their car window up saying nothing.

Signing Karl Henry dropping Adel, speaking about a deal before it's signed! the bloke is a complete arse

week Saturday until the season kicks off and we still have the same sh!t from last year along with other sh1t we are deciding not to play but are still paying with the addition of Karl Henry who is just a tall sh!t

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:45 - Jul 25 with 1719 viewsSomersetHoops

Is the deal done with Norwich? If it is then I suspect Harry has believed some double-talk from his agent who was using us as a lever to get a better deal for him and his client out of Norwich. Harry has been around long enough not to be taken in by what agents say. Unless this is just another ploy to get a better deal out of us but it looks like we've lost and Harry is made to look a fool.

Who's Next?

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:45 - Jul 25 with 1714 viewsJamie

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:32 - Jul 25 by Northernr

The only hope is he did it because he's trying to distract attention away from another deal - say for Austin. Otherwise he looks a complete dick. Just say nothing like everybody else FFS. Every other manager in the world manages to drive around with their car window up saying nothing.

Not going to be implausibly linked to every PL job going if he suddenly stops selling papers for journos.

Wouldn't put too much faith in Austin. Whilst we've been selling Hooper for Celtic, Forest have quietly tucked him up.
Login to get fewer ads

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:46 - Jul 25 with 1704 viewsrosseeles

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:43 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Well it might be to cover his ars for later. It's pretty obvious we're going to struggle for goals so I'd expect comments like "what can I do? I tried to get Gary Hooper here, triffic lad, great player. I thought we'd done that deal but we let Norwich nip in."

Very good point, its a win win for him i guess.

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:49 - Jul 25 with 1659 viewsWatfordR

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:41 - Jul 25 by rosseeles

Well, one minute Harry is telling everyone that Hooper is going to score 25 goals for us this coming season. The next minute Hooper is signing a 4 year deal with Norwich.

Better deal than Norwich had previously offered? If so, what might have persuaded them to up their offer?
Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:51 - Jul 25 with 1623 viewsLblock

Uno momento here....

There may be another slant on this.

That well oiled, proffessional, no flies on him, football exec Phil Beard may well have told H "it's in the bag" before his comments.
I know it would be an absolute FIRST for Phil Beard to c0ck up a deal

(Enough sarcasm in there for you?)

This club has come apart at the seams and the overpriced, useless stuffing is all over the shop.

Only at the R's

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:51 - Jul 25 with 1623 viewsdoogi55

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:49 - Jul 25 by WatfordR

Well, one minute Harry is telling everyone that Hooper is going to score 25 goals for us this coming season. The next minute Hooper is signing a 4 year deal with Norwich.

Better deal than Norwich had previously offered? If so, what might have persuaded them to up their offer?

hooper off to narwich must be harrys fault the player picked a prem side jeez u harry atters will garb at naything to moan about arry
Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:54 - Jul 25 with 1578 viewsWatfordR

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:51 - Jul 25 by doogi55

hooper off to narwich must be harrys fault the player picked a prem side jeez u harry atters will garb at naything to moan about arry

who the fck asked Redknapp to to go to the press to tell everyone Hooper was going to score 25 goals for us this season? Before the deal was done?

I'd expect that sort of bolx from QBP, not from our bloody manager.
Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:56 - Jul 25 with 1549 viewsBAWHoops

Don't think Harry did much wrong.

Sky broke the story. A journalist asked Harry about it. He said it was close, it was we'd had a bid accepted and he was in for talks today. Norwich had had all summer to bid and appeared to have cooled interest.
Said he liked the player and hopefully he will score goals.

Genuinely don't think he did much wrong

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:57 - Jul 25 with 1537 viewsTheBlob

Ahhhhhhhh so what.
Good luck Gary,as they say in theatrical circles - break a leg.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:57 - Jul 25 with 1516 viewsJuzzie

Whether it was in the bag and we were gazumped at the last minute or not, I just wish people like Harry & TF would stop being media/social networking whores.

Yes, they may feel they're doing the right thing by keeping everyone informed but are people really that addicted to need to know the nano-second anything happens or is about to happen?
I guess the answer is yes and HR & TF are just feeding the habit.

Plus, they should know by now that Twitter just brings out the worst kind of people and beggars for free season tickets and shirts.

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:59 - Jul 25 with 1494 viewssimmo

'Hooper will inspire QPR' - Harry Redknapp.

Whatever way you cut it, the man is a fool. He cant help himself. Those are the kind of comments you make when he is sat next to you in the press conference, not when you're doing an interview on Scottish radio when he hasnt even signed.

I really want to support and like him, but he keeps stacking up evidence for the argument that he is a complete dick face.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:59 - Jul 25 with 1490 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:59 - Jul 25 with 1489 viewsdaveB

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:45 - Jul 25 by Jamie

Not going to be implausibly linked to every PL job going if he suddenly stops selling papers for journos.

Wouldn't put too much faith in Austin. Whilst we've been selling Hooper for Celtic, Forest have quietly tucked him up.

it wad BBC Radio Scotland he spoke to rather than newspapers, any excuse to have a dig at him though.

When Mourinhio talks about a player he hasn't signed and probably won't sign he's a genius, our own manager though is apparently a dick.
Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:00 - Jul 25 with 1475 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Well we might as well go in for Austin now

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:02 - Jul 25 with 1458 viewsWatfordR

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:56 - Jul 25 by BAWHoops

Don't think Harry did much wrong.

Sky broke the story. A journalist asked Harry about it. He said it was close, it was we'd had a bid accepted and he was in for talks today. Norwich had had all summer to bid and appeared to have cooled interest.
Said he liked the player and hopefully he will score goals.

Genuinely don't think he did much wrong

I never cease to be amazed at the reluctance of so many people to recognise Redknapp for what he is.

"He must have believed what Phil Beard told him."
"He must have believed what Hooper's agent told him."

Do me a favour.
Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:03 - Jul 25 with 1441 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:00 - Jul 25 by RANGERS4EVER

Well we might as well go in for Austin now

Stone Cold Steve Austin would be a great signing!
Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:03 - Jul 25 with 1438 viewsSomersetHoops

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:51 - Jul 25 by Lblock

Uno momento here....

There may be another slant on this.

That well oiled, proffessional, no flies on him, football exec Phil Beard may well have told H "it's in the bag" before his comments.
I know it would be an absolute FIRST for Phil Beard to c0ck up a deal

(Enough sarcasm in there for you?)

This club has come apart at the seams and the overpriced, useless stuffing is all over the shop.

Only at the R's

Its possible the cold dead hand of Beard is in this - I sense friction between him and Harry since the Wayne Bridge deal was vetoed. I wonder if this is going to come to a head soon with one of them going.

But what do I know? They may be the best of mates and have agreed a bottom line figure that won't be exceeded. It does seem strange though that Harry said what he did if he wasn't sure the deal was wrapped up. Perhaps Beard has made the mistake of believing what players agents tell him.

Who's Next?

Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:03 - Jul 25 with 1433 viewsWestBerksHoops

Hooper off to Naarwich on 10:57 - Jul 25 by Juzzie

Whether it was in the bag and we were gazumped at the last minute or not, I just wish people like Harry & TF would stop being media/social networking whores.

Yes, they may feel they're doing the right thing by keeping everyone informed but are people really that addicted to need to know the nano-second anything happens or is about to happen?
I guess the answer is yes and HR & TF are just feeding the habit.

Plus, they should know by now that Twitter just brings out the worst kind of people and beggars for free season tickets and shirts.

Not Harry's fault, Bid went in at 6:30pm last night from Norwich.

QPR used as bait by his agent to lure Norwich into the deal, championship or premiership footy? of course he'll go for the later!

He's desperate to play for England, must feel the only way this could happen is by being in the shop window - Premiership!

Hooper off to Naarwich on 11:07 - Jul 25 with 1371 viewsJonDoeman

It's all a conspiracy....

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024