Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blog by Dave Mc 12:09 - May 13 with 6589 viewsdaveB

Ouch!

The bit about Ramsey set to be the new manager won't be popular

https://davidmcintyre.wordpress.com/2015/05/13/a-decade-not-just-four-years-of-p
Blog by Dave Mc on 12:32 - May 13 with 4867 viewsWokingR

Depressing isn't it
Blog by Dave Mc on 12:35 - May 13 with 4832 viewsdaveB

Blog by Dave Mc on 12:32 - May 13 by WokingR

Depressing isn't it

most depressing bit is he's right again
Blog by Dave Mc on 12:38 - May 13 with 4807 viewsfrancisbowles

Should be read by everyone involved with the club from supporter to owners!
Blog by Dave Mc on 12:40 - May 13 with 4794 viewsHerzog

ticket prices will be very important, won't they?, in terms of preventing a really ugly atmosphere developing

supposedly - acc to this article — lack of money is not the main issue

people will surely be much more open to putting up with fighting to be midtable rather than for promotion if they offer bargain ss renewal prices?
Blog by Dave Mc on 12:42 - May 13 with 4774 viewsJacksDad

Cut n paste? cannot access from work
Blog by Dave Mc on 12:43 - May 13 with 4774 viewsEastR

It doesn’t make great reading, and is very depressing, but the core argument that the current ills can be traced back ten years plus is a bit tenuous.

The fact remains that the current owners have been in place for long enough, and with untold financial resources available, to put the club in a much better place then we find ourselves.

Shocking stewardship, mis management and incompetence 2011 to 2015.
No need to look beyond that.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Blog by Dave Mc on 12:45 - May 13 with 4745 viewsTacticalR

Good stuff from Mr. McIntyre.

Air hostess clique

Blog by Dave Mc on 12:56 - May 13 with 4668 viewsessextaxiboy

The Paladini era started the rot . He got rid of staff members that are missed to this day , split the fanbase and lurched from one embarassing crisis to the next .
IMO we have never recovered from the short term ,last minute ,ego massaging culture that he introduced .
Amit and Warnock have been the only positives in a decade of "winging it"
Login to get fewer ads

Blog by Dave Mc on 13:06 - May 13 with 4598 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, the truth hurts alright. That's floored me.

Excellent article.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Blog by Dave Mc on 13:08 - May 13 with 4585 viewsPhilmyRs

I didn’t read that and get depressed. I read it and sensed right now, with Les heavily involved, Ramsey to be appointed Manager and an acceptance among the board that an immediate return to the Premiership is not such a priority (a mid-table finish would be acceptable), there’s hope for the club. How long the board will maintain that mentality does concern me though.

If we accept 3 or even 4 years in the Championship, putting the club in decent shape on and off the pitch, I think there are positives to take from this relegation. That’s not to say an immediate return to the Premiership would be impossible. 2 or 3 good signings and you never know, sneak up via the play-offs again. But simply by ridding ourselves of a mentality that getting up at the first attempt is the be all and end all is progress and will serve us well in my opinion.

A lot of players contracts are up. Changes are taking place off the pitch, with hopefully a Head of Recruitment soon to be appointed. I think there is reason for optimism but it’s down to the board to stick to this new vision/mentality and Les and Ramsey to implement it. It’s about holding your nerve — the Chairman not pandering to requests via social media, the ‘right players’ being brought in, even if immediate on field success is not achieved, fans more involved with the club with ticket prices reflecting the Division we are in. Get those things right and you never know, we may get the good old days back — an unknown centre forward from Hayes over an ageing big name perhaps…
Blog by Dave Mc on 13:11 - May 13 with 4555 viewsActonOccident

He lined up that category 3 revelation at the end very nicely. Proper sting in the tail.
Blog by Dave Mc on 13:18 - May 13 with 4490 viewsHunterhoop

Blog by Dave Mc on 12:43 - May 13 by EastR

It doesn’t make great reading, and is very depressing, but the core argument that the current ills can be traced back ten years plus is a bit tenuous.

The fact remains that the current owners have been in place for long enough, and with untold financial resources available, to put the club in a much better place then we find ourselves.

Shocking stewardship, mis management and incompetence 2011 to 2015.
No need to look beyond that.

I think the point Dave makes, albeit in quite a verbose way (accepting it's an excellent article) is that the club has been mismanaged in a very specific way since 2005.

This specific way is that QPR simply hasn't been managed as a Football Club entity (on the pitch and off the pitch) with a clear vision, clear strategies to achieve that vision, and the right people in place in the right positions to implement those strategies through competent tactical execution.

This undoubtedly started in 2005 with Paladini, who was IMO, frankly, a manipulative moron. He didn't understand the first thing about leadership and managing an organisation. It showed. The same has been true of people since, regardless of their personal wealth or backgrounds.

What do we want to be, realistically? What is our achievable vision of our ideal club?
Because we don't have a clear, concise, communicated vision, everyone connected with the club doesn't know our strategies are to get there - you can't get somewhere if you don't know where you're going!
We don't have a club ethos.
We have few mgt staff who know the club's traditions.
We have few mgt staff who know the area.

We simply aren't managed, at an basic operational level, effectively. How many times have the club shop run out of sizes, how much stock are holding on each product vs our sales volumes? Could we increase bar staff numbers on matchdays to sell more? Why do we run out of certain lines when our attendances (and therefore demand) varies so little. Who is responsible for club comms? Who is the "go-to" contact point for all fans? How many fan forums have been held in recent years? How regular and structured are they? Who let it get to court with QPR fans suing the club over the stewarding? The Viagogo farce, the issues around the family stand...it goes on.

These are all little things. But, to me as someone who's managed decent sized teams and operations, they are absolutely cast iron evidence of a systematic problem of management that exists at a club. This comes from the top. The above should not be happening and certainly not on an ongoing basis. If the club's customers were other companies or the general public (rather than "fans") they would not have stood for it.

We're being run extremely amateurishly precisely because we're a "football club" and the board, ever since 2005, has simply seen it as a "get the manager right and get a new player in and problem solved". The point Dave's making is, the problem isn't solved. It's not even been addressed.

We need to be run much more professionally with a clear vision, strategies and tactics; clear accountability from top to bottom, clear standards, a much better club structure (off the pitch), a clear set of values and behaviours that are for all employees (on and off the pitch)...all to create a clear ethos and direction for the club.

It's not easy, but it is entirely necessary. You cannot cut corners on managing an organisation even at the Small-medium sized enterprise level, even when it's a football club.

It can also be achieved. But it requires someone to be appointed MD with the Board's (inc. TF, if he stays Chairman) full backing to implement this stuff. At present, TF wants to make the decisions (not what a Chairman should be doing) but doesn't want to get his hands dirty, at all.
Blog by Dave Mc on 13:34 - May 13 with 4386 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Blog by Dave Mc on 12:56 - May 13 by essextaxiboy

The Paladini era started the rot . He got rid of staff members that are missed to this day , split the fanbase and lurched from one embarassing crisis to the next .
IMO we have never recovered from the short term ,last minute ,ego massaging culture that he introduced .
Amit and Warnock have been the only positives in a decade of "winging it"

Yes, that is the point he is making I believe.
Blog by Dave Mc on 13:52 - May 13 with 4295 viewsMytch_QPR

It's all very well people moaning about Ramsey being appointed, but given the uncertainty re: FFP / Academy / transfer embargos etc, who else is likely to want the job?

At worst, we could end up starting the next campaign rather like Blackpool did this season - short of players and scratching around for loans / freebies.

If we can have some organisation / motivation from the coaching staff and a squad who want to play in the hoops and give 100% then I won't moan - expectations are low for next season so I'm prepared for the worst but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Blog by Dave Mc on 14:04 - May 13 with 4232 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Blog by Dave Mc on 13:52 - May 13 by Mytch_QPR

It's all very well people moaning about Ramsey being appointed, but given the uncertainty re: FFP / Academy / transfer embargos etc, who else is likely to want the job?

At worst, we could end up starting the next campaign rather like Blackpool did this season - short of players and scratching around for loans / freebies.

If we can have some organisation / motivation from the coaching staff and a squad who want to play in the hoops and give 100% then I won't moan - expectations are low for next season so I'm prepared for the worst but hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I agree with this.
Back to basics.
Blog by Dave Mc on 14:21 - May 13 with 4145 viewsessextaxiboy

Blog by Dave Mc on 13:34 - May 13 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes, that is the point he is making I believe.

Is it ? I only bothered reading the headline .
Blog by Dave Mc on 14:29 - May 13 with 4126 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Blog by Dave Mc on 14:21 - May 13 by essextaxiboy

Is it ? I only bothered reading the headline .

Yes mate. He says that the rot effectively started in 2005. It is worth a read when you have the time.
Blog by Dave Mc on 14:36 - May 13 with 4095 viewsJonDoeman

Great piece Dave.

It Is What It Is !!

Blog by Dave Mc on 15:55 - May 13 with 3941 viewstoboboly

We only had 12 players for Ireland after all

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Blog by Dave Mc on 16:18 - May 13 with 3855 viewswestberksr

Blog by Dave Mc on 15:55 - May 13 by toboboly

We only had 12 players for Ireland after all

and no right backs!
Blog by Dave Mc on 18:54 - May 13 with 3575 viewspaulparker

Funny enough there is someone out there who can start from scratch
Who can work with freebies , transfer embargoes , fines, etc , this blokes demands 100%
has QPR in his heart and has worked miracles before his name is Ian Holloway ,
We have come full circle to 2001 again and who better to get some pride back , add Birch and furlong as assistants get in Mel Johnson to oversee the scouting with Les , and we are some way in becoming QPR again

Who Am I kidding that melt Fernades is going to fcuk things up again by appointing Ramsey

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Blog by Dave Mc on 19:52 - May 13 with 3409 viewsCiderwithRsie

It's a great article, if depressing, and I find it pretty convincing.

What strikes me is that a lot of the issues that have got the goat of many on here but which I've tended to see as side issues, add up to a big deal.

I'm talking about cr*p kits and badges, Fernandes on twitter, the perception amongst other fans that we're trying to buy our way to the top, things like that. You can add in Discodroid's critique of Chris Ramsey's dress sense if you like! None of them will lose us a match, but they all undermine the sense that this is a proper football club, that we may not have won the league but we have real traditions and a sense of community that, say Chelsea will never have. Without those things, players signing for us will tend to see us as just another pay cheque or a step in their career on the way to somewhere else (if only to the retirement villa). They allow anyone involved in the club to say "ah well, feck it" when things go wrong instead of busting a gut to get things right. (There are honourable exceptions - Clint Hill, obviously; Warnock speaks highly of the club and I think got what we are about.)
Blog by Dave Mc on 20:06 - May 13 with 3363 viewsWeaverQPR

Im not sold on rambo but will give him the opportunity to have a go with his own squad or our youth team if theres an embargo. Its a fcking mess, at least rambo will have a head start on anyone else.
Great write up by d.mc

@WeavQPR

Blog by Dave Mc on 20:12 - May 13 with 3347 viewsAgedR

Blog by Dave Mc on 18:54 - May 13 by paulparker

Funny enough there is someone out there who can start from scratch
Who can work with freebies , transfer embargoes , fines, etc , this blokes demands 100%
has QPR in his heart and has worked miracles before his name is Ian Holloway ,
We have come full circle to 2001 again and who better to get some pride back , add Birch and furlong as assistants get in Mel Johnson to oversee the scouting with Les , and we are some way in becoming QPR again

Who Am I kidding that melt Fernades is going to fcuk things up again by appointing Ramsey

I like Ramsey and would keep him in the role that he was originally brought in to fulfil, but, your Olly shout is absolutely spot on. Anyone who thinks he is somehow beneath us, or past his sell by date now, really doesn't understand what an utter clusterfxck of a mess we're in.

Ramsey, Les and Olly or just Ramsey and Les for me.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Blog by Dave Mc on 20:27 - May 13 with 3314 viewsPunteR

A great article.
He's got TF bang to rights. Surely the mittals have to share a bit of blame as they've been here before TF.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024