Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie medical QPR 13:54 - Jun 15 with 43389 viewsWeaverQPR

Is da rumour

@WeavQPR

Mackie medical QPR on 17:24 - Jun 15 with 5718 viewsessextaxiboy

Mackie medical QPR on 17:03 - Jun 15 by Antti_Heinola

Terrible idea to re-sign Kevin Gallen, yes. If Mackie was 32 I'd agree with you. As he's not, I don't.

I concede your Kevin Gallen and raise you Martyn Busby , Lee Cook , Danny Shittu and Richard Langley . ... actually I have just listened to a London Call in interview with him and he does sound positive and upbeat about the club . I just always felt he was winging it a bit .
Mackie medical QPR on 17:25 - Jun 15 with 5699 viewsdaveB

Mackie medical QPR on 16:53 - Jun 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

He may be a disaster, he may not , but let's not shoot him down before he leaves the hanger eh.

yeah i agree, think he'll be a decent signing for what we're trying to do next year
Mackie medical QPR on 17:27 - Jun 15 with 5682 viewsrobith

Mackie medical QPR on 16:52 - Jun 15 by daveB

am sure that was another factor although I can't honestly remember where he played under Redknapp, have a vague memory of him starting a few games up front but have managed to block most of that season out

Redknapp said if we had 11 Jamie Mackie's we wouldn't be in this mess.

Then barely played him ever again

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Mackie medical QPR on 17:37 - Jun 15 with 5590 viewsadhoc_qpr

Mackie medical QPR on 16:43 - Jun 15 by essextaxiboy

My expectations are for a young new squad of " unpolished gems" with something to prove along with the coach. A trickle of U21s coming through and given a chance . Not resigning old ones.

Resigning players is never a good idea IMO . Quickest way to lose the "legend" tag .

As for delusional I would save that for those who think Mackie could play in a central striker roll . With his back to goal he couldnt trap a bag of cement ..

And you don't think we need a few seasoned pros to guide these 'unpolished gems'?

Couldn't trap a bag of cement?

What about the goal at 26 seconds into this highlights video?

Mackie medical QPR on 17:40 - Jun 15 with 5560 viewsjohncharles

Please don't mention the lying tax dodgers name on here again. if he said we won the battle of Waterloo there would probably be a replay and we would lose.

Strong and stable my arse.

Mackie medical QPR on 17:49 - Jun 15 with 5505 viewsessextaxiboy

Mackie medical QPR on 17:37 - Jun 15 by adhoc_qpr

And you don't think we need a few seasoned pros to guide these 'unpolished gems'?

Couldn't trap a bag of cement?

What about the goal at 26 seconds into this highlights video?

That is his highlights video .

I could compile one of Joey Barton worldy passes but It wouldnt convince everyone that he didnt give the ball away .

Actually I am not sure he got that ball under control until he shot at goal . an enjoyable watch though .. crap music
Mackie medical QPR on 17:55 - Jun 15 with 5463 viewsR_from_afar

With Hill unlikely to play every game, it would be great to have another 100% passionate, totally committed, never say die player in the squad to inspire the others and show them what is expected of them. Mackie can be that man.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Mackie medical QPR on 18:03 - Jun 15 with 5386 viewspaulparker

No brainer for me especially after watching Hoilett wobbling around and falling on his fat arse for the last 2 years , go back to when Charlie was injured, who did we get will Keane & maiga
When if we had Mackie we wouldn't of had to put up with them two wasting a living,
Also who says he replaces Phillips why not play him Up top or behind the front man,
The other positive with having Mackie back is the good standards he sets, imagine the likes of petrasso and grego cox learning off of him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Mackie medical QPR on 18:19 - Jun 15 with 5303 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Mackie medical QPR on 19:03 - Jun 15 with 5065 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3125197/Jamie-Mackie-set-QPR-r
Mackie medical QPR on 19:16 - Jun 15 with 4959 viewsbaz_qpr

They say don't go back, - I don't know, in two minds about this one. Very useful in a 4-2-3-1, not very useful in a 4-4-2, right sort / good egg, wrong age (sorry 29 as we know with SWP for a player whose main attribute is pace and stamina always a worry). I think upfront I would be blooding young Grego-Cox ahead of him
Mackie medical QPR on 19:22 - Jun 15 with 4911 viewsrosseeles

Matt Connolly next then please then we're guaranteed promotion!
Mackie medical QPR on 19:24 - Jun 15 with 4895 viewsrichranger

...now that Mackie's back in town!

Mackie medical QPR on 19:26 - Jun 15 with 4874 viewsitsbiga

A diamond fella and definitely good to have in the squad.
Not sure he's a starter though more bench, never really was that good a player in my view but has all the qualities in the old noggin that we want at the club. Good role model for da yoots.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2015 19:28]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Mackie medical QPR on 19:31 - Jun 15 with 4814 viewsQPR1882

Mackie medical QPR on 18:03 - Jun 15 by paulparker

No brainer for me especially after watching Hoilett wobbling around and falling on his fat arse for the last 2 years , go back to when Charlie was injured, who did we get will Keane & maiga
When if we had Mackie we wouldn't of had to put up with them two wasting a living,
Also who says he replaces Phillips why not play him Up top or behind the front man,
The other positive with having Mackie back is the good standards he sets, imagine the likes of petrasso and grego cox learning off of him

We also thought Caulker would learn a lot off Rio when he came in.

I'm in the welcome back Jamie camp by the way, will make a change seeing someone in the hoops with pride and passion.
Mackie medical QPR on 19:37 - Jun 15 with 4738 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Even if he doesn't start every game, or have world class ability, you know exactly what you will get from him. Fight, passion, commitment. Much more enjoyable than Hoilett or SWP. Yes from me

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Mackie medical QPR on 19:56 - Jun 15 with 4577 viewsbaz_qpr

I think the news that it is also on a free certainly makes it more appealing
Mackie medical QPR on 20:00 - Jun 15 with 4543 viewsbosh67

Return of the Mack!

Welcome back, Jamie!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mackie medical QPR on 20:05 - Jun 15 with 4492 viewswestberksr

Good news.

honest pro who has carved out a decent career and despite not necessarily being the most gifted was very effective; primarily because he gave a shit and that actually counts for quite a lot, especially in the championship.

Q. need a last gasp equaliser away to Derby to maintain your unbeaten run, who do you think might deliver

a) £60k pw 48 England caps, played for the last 2 clubs to win the league SWP or
b) good, modest salary, hard working, honest pro Jamie Mackie

lets not forget how many goals he chipped in with until he broke his leg in the FA Cup & how many defenders he closed down with his constant work. wasn't disgraced in the prem when you consider what those brought in to replace him subsequently did on 4 times the wages (rough guess).

good addition to a squad that needs a heart putting back into it.
Mackie medical QPR on 20:21 - Jun 15 with 4349 viewsRanger78

Mackie medical QPR on 14:43 - Jun 15 by daveB

hope Phillips stays and Mackie is used either on left or up front, think Phillips is a far better player

Agreed.

If he's a replacement for Phillips, I'd be worried. Let's be honest chaps, work rate aside, he's not actually very good.

Think he'd be great to have around the place and a very good squad player but not a replacement for Phillips.

Phillips showed what potential he has, he could be a top player in the Champ
Mackie medical QPR on 20:25 - Jun 15 with 4322 viewsjohncharles

Mackie medical QPR on 19:24 - Jun 15 by richranger

...now that Mackie's back in town!

Love it

Strong and stable my arse.

Mackie medical QPR on 20:51 - Jun 15 with 4117 viewsTacticalR

Mackie medical QPR on 14:42 - Jun 15 by essextaxiboy

Seems like I am the only one underwhelmed by this news . cant fault his effort but he has gone backwards since leaving here .

Ekotto kept him in his pocket even when he was not giving a sh*t.

Its a no from me

I saw him playing for Forest back in 2013, and at the time it really did look like he had lost his way. See Mackie Watch:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/90790/mackie-watch

Hopefully he's got his mojo back at Reading. I just pray that it works out well for him and us this time around (as others have pointed out return gigs often don't work out).

On the skill side I think the main problem is not that he is not skillful, it's that he is completely and utterly right-footed, and that seems very out place in today's game with a lot more technically accomplished academy-trained players around.

On the positive side we seem to be going through such a massive clearout that it will be good to have someone around who does have a genuine feel for the club and can provide some continuity.

Air hostess clique

Mackie medical QPR on 20:56 - Jun 15 with 4045 viewsYorkRanger

Mackie medical QPR on 16:18 - Jun 15 by Hunterhoop

I would have him back in a heartbeat.

All those saying "I'm underwhelmed", "no, from me.", etc. Just what are your expectations for next season??? Promotion? Play offs?

If so, you're deluded.

If your expectations/hopes are
a) we survive
b) we have a team who all give their all
c) who look to play exciting, attacking football
d) who aren't on massive money

...if they are your expectations, Mackie would be a no-brainer. He fits all the above. He is a very useful squad player, if not starter, in the Championship. Yes, he's technically limited, but Christ, who do you expect us to be signing?!! We're not spending the cash like we used to (thanfully) and, in case you've forgotten, we're Queens Park Rangers: a small-medium sized club in W London, whose post-war league position in English football is about 32nd.

Mackie is not, in any way shape or form, below us.

He's exactly the sort of player we could do with having back.

Hunter, possibly your finest post ever.

Agree with every word.

I would carry Mackie back from wherever he is to play for QPR again.

Made the Old man's night too. He loves Mackie

Lets hope the deal gets closed
Mackie medical QPR on 21:05 - Jun 15 with 3962 viewsbosh67

Mackie medical QPR on 20:56 - Jun 15 by YorkRanger

Hunter, possibly your finest post ever.

Agree with every word.

I would carry Mackie back from wherever he is to play for QPR again.

Made the Old man's night too. He loves Mackie

Lets hope the deal gets closed

I believe it's all done, York. Announcement tomorrow. The Mack is back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mackie medical QPR on 21:05 - Jun 15 with 3960 viewsWilly_WonkR

Mackie medical QPR on 16:18 - Jun 15 by Hunterhoop

I would have him back in a heartbeat.

All those saying "I'm underwhelmed", "no, from me.", etc. Just what are your expectations for next season??? Promotion? Play offs?

If so, you're deluded.

If your expectations/hopes are
a) we survive
b) we have a team who all give their all
c) who look to play exciting, attacking football
d) who aren't on massive money

...if they are your expectations, Mackie would be a no-brainer. He fits all the above. He is a very useful squad player, if not starter, in the Championship. Yes, he's technically limited, but Christ, who do you expect us to be signing?!! We're not spending the cash like we used to (thanfully) and, in case you've forgotten, we're Queens Park Rangers: a small-medium sized club in W London, whose post-war league position in English football is about 32nd.

Mackie is not, in any way shape or form, below us.

He's exactly the sort of player we could do with having back.

My fat fingers voted this down. It should have been up.
You talk a lot of sense as usual.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024