Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MATCH THREAD 07:11 - Aug 8 with 55944 viewsLblock

Never ever started one so thought I'd give it a go on the first day back at "our level"

I'm not usually positive, especially with away games, but it would be churlish of me not to be so this fine, sunny morning on the dawn of new era number 378
A 1-3 victory with Poulter header and a double from Chery (one a blockbuster free kick) is what I'm going for

C'MON U R's!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

MATCH THREAD on 17:20 - Aug 8 with 4145 viewsToast_R

I think SOG has a point. He has always said Benny is a tosser from day 1 so he has a right to say told you so. I'd have got rid too but we're kinda stuck with him now so let's hope he improves.

After 4 botched preseason this club needs to start offering free away travel and half price March tickets for the first month of the season. Redknapp got pillored for last season's debacle so Benny should be no different. What the f*cks he playing at?

Whilst most of us hoped he'd be the answer I think most of us also reckoned he'd be out by October. The few wins had been impressive but he seems to f*ck up more then he gets right.
You could say it will take time but how do we really know?
MATCH THREAD on 17:20 - Aug 8 with 4133 viewsvegasranger

MATCH THREAD on 17:16 - Aug 8 by baz_qpr

The start is so important in this league, get of to a flyer and you are set up for the season, get of to a shocker and you are inevitably in a relegation scrap with the added issue of not being able to recruit well come January.
Whether its Ramsey / Ferdinand or a combination of both. We've failed to sort out our key players in time if Austin and Phillips are staying, then we should be playing to their strengths i.e 4-4-2 and signing a partner for Austin. If they are going then we should have signed their replacements already and being set up for that way of playing. We are in no mans land, 4-3-3 without the right personal

In addition Ramsey could not be more downbeat every time he is interviewed, its one thing trying to play down expectations but the players need to be filled with belief that they can win every game and need to have standards set I'm not sure they are getting that

I was surprised Austin started. Nowhere near fit, probably should have started with Polter and brought him on later. There can't be a lot confidence in the German if you are prepared to start with a half fit Charlie.
MATCH THREAD on 17:20 - Aug 8 with 4115 viewsWeaverQPR

The start is so important in this league, get of to a flyer and you are set up for the season, get of to a shocker and you are inevitably in a relegation scrap with the added issue of not being able to recruit well come January.
Whether its Ramsey / Ferdinand or a combination of both. We've failed to sort out our key players in time if Austin and Phillips are staying, then we should be playing to their strengths i.e 4-4-2 and signing a partner for Austin. If they are going then we should have signed their replacements already and being set up for that way of playing. We are in no mans land, 4-3-3 without the right personal

In addition Ramsey could not be more downbeat every time he is interviewed, its one thing trying to play down expectations but the players need to be filled with belief that they can win every game and need to have standards set I'm not sure they are getting that

You get the impression Ramsey is just waiting for the sack.

@WeavQPR

MATCH THREAD on 17:25 - Aug 8 with 3972 viewsBromleyHoop

MATCH THREAD on 17:14 - Aug 8 by Discodroids

make you right derby.

apologies to the rest of the board(except for them two dolly mixtures) gonna give the board a break

fkn stupid.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2015 17:16]

Do us all a big favour and make it a long one yeah!

Poll: Who is your player of the season

MATCH THREAD on 17:27 - Aug 8 with 3931 viewsToast_R

MATCH THREAD on 17:20 - Aug 8 by WeaverQPR

You get the impression Ramsey is just waiting for the sack.

Maybe he's taken his philosophy from Batman.
To conquer sh*t you must become sh*t.
MATCH THREAD on 17:27 - Aug 8 with 3933 viewsbosh67

The problem no one seems to address is would charlie pass a medical anywhere else? He may be worth £15m in theory but he failed a medical prior to us, has an ongoing shoulder issue, a historical knee issue and now he allegedly has a hamstring injury today. We know how good he is but would a move come off?

Meanwhile is he staying or going? Is Phillips staying or going? Is Fer staying or going?

Just as a devil's advocate perhaps it would have been more settling if all three had left and there wasn't this are they aren't they cloud hanging over the team?

Whereas I am not going to condemn one defeat on the first day of the season, the most worrying thing is this inability to concentrate, but then again when you have several players who don't know where they are going to be playing then that's two players unable to fully focus. Perhaps until it is settled, neither should play. We may improve as a result until both players know if they are staying or leaving. If they are staying then we may see them regain full focus.

The jury is out as to whether or not Ramsey can focus a team for a whole match.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

MATCH THREAD on 17:27 - Aug 8 with 3917 viewsSpiritofGregory

MATCH THREAD on 17:14 - Aug 8 by bosh67

I think the problem is that we had a good enough team out today but again, bar the first 20 minutes it failed to impose itself and ended up as you say, predictably lack luster. That is a concern because concentration was a big problem last season and if remains to be seen if it is again this season with a different squad. Putting 2 subs on in the 71st minute and then conceding 60 seconds later is a concentration and organisation issue.

I almost could have predicted Charlie would get injured and it sounds as if he has pulled a hamstring.

Overall, great start!

Charlton started off poorly but somehow the manager was able to make a crucial change and galvanise the team. Ramsey can't do that he doesn't have those skills, he lacks authority.

We have a head coach who answers to the Director of Football, we don't have a manager.
MATCH THREAD on 17:33 - Aug 8 with 3815 viewsbaz_qpr

MATCH THREAD on 17:27 - Aug 8 by SpiritofGregory

Charlton started off poorly but somehow the manager was able to make a crucial change and galvanise the team. Ramsey can't do that he doesn't have those skills, he lacks authority.

We have a head coach who answers to the Director of Football, we don't have a manager.

Don't think who he answers to is the problem. I think his in-game management is highly questionable though
Login to get fewer ads

MATCH THREAD on 17:41 - Aug 8 with 3682 viewsbosh67

MATCH THREAD on 17:33 - Aug 8 by baz_qpr

Don't think who he answers to is the problem. I think his in-game management is highly questionable though

Two or three more matches like this and there really will be a pattern forming, as you say, to his in-game management.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

MATCH THREAD on 17:42 - Aug 8 with 3654 viewsDorse

I don't like us losing but it's been so long since we had a run of wins that I no longer expect any more. I know that Ramsey isn't everyone's cup of tea but I genuinely feel that he can do this given enough time.

Mid-table is about what we should be expecting for this year and games like this are going to happen. My hope / belief / delusion is that the club is in a learning phase where all the players buy into the new philosophy. It will take a while but when this (admittedly unfinished) squad clicks into gear they will be as good as anyone in the division.

In the meantime, here is a picture I find very amusing:

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

MATCH THREAD on 17:45 - Aug 8 with 3591 viewsbatmanhoop

MATCH THREAD on 17:14 - Aug 8 by Monahoop

Not surprised by today's result at all. I think we will be like Fulham last term and really struggle. God, I hope I'm wrong.
What has surprised me is to read the petty in fighting by some members on this board already. Madness! One game in, one flippin' defeat, but there you go.

I've come over here to get away from the bitching on WATRB's. I suppose best to avoid Rangers fans for a few days
MATCH THREAD on 17:52 - Aug 8 with 3491 viewscheeseydane

After reading teds thread i realise i should apologise for distrurpting the thread.
Apologies everyone.
There was no need to call that foul mouthed full of himself egotistic plum an idiot and i am very sorry for that.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

MATCH THREAD on 18:00 - Aug 8 with 3390 viewsconnell10

MATCH THREAD on 17:52 - Aug 8 by cheeseydane

After reading teds thread i realise i should apologise for distrurpting the thread.
Apologies everyone.
There was no need to call that foul mouthed full of himself egotistic plum an idiot and i am very sorry for that.

Well what a interesting thread, full of bitterness, anger and bile!!!!!!FOCKING LOVE IT!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

MATCH THREAD on 18:08 - Aug 8 with 3288 viewsnewgolddream

MATCH THREAD on 08:50 - Aug 8 by essextaxiboy

MATCH THREAD on 18:13 - Aug 8 with 3243 viewsSpiritofGregory

The structure is the problem. We need a proper manager not a head coach who is happy to take orders from the Director of Football especially one without experience. Les even admitted that Warburton didn't want the job because he wanted a traditional manager role.

Can you really see the players busting a gut for Ramsey when they see that he is nothing but a puppet?
MATCH THREAD on 18:13 - Aug 8 with 3239 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

MATCH THREAD on 18:13 - Aug 8 by SpiritofGregory

The structure is the problem. We need a proper manager not a head coach who is happy to take orders from the Director of Football especially one without experience. Les even admitted that Warburton didn't want the job because he wanted a traditional manager role.

Can you really see the players busting a gut for Ramsey when they see that he is nothing but a puppet?

Why did it take you 5 minutes to log off and back in again?
MATCH THREAD on 18:21 - Aug 8 with 3175 viewsSpiritofGregory

MATCH THREAD on 17:42 - Aug 8 by Dorse

I don't like us losing but it's been so long since we had a run of wins that I no longer expect any more. I know that Ramsey isn't everyone's cup of tea but I genuinely feel that he can do this given enough time.

Mid-table is about what we should be expecting for this year and games like this are going to happen. My hope / belief / delusion is that the club is in a learning phase where all the players buy into the new philosophy. It will take a while but when this (admittedly unfinished) squad clicks into gear they will be as good as anyone in the division.

In the meantime, here is a picture I find very amusing:

So what makes you think that Ramsey can achieve promotion, his performance so far has suggested otherwise. There is nothing wrong with changing the philosophy of the club in relation to salaries. That however is not enough, you have to have the right personnel and at the moment we are missing the most crucial member, a manager.
MATCH THREAD on 18:26 - Aug 8 with 4994 viewsSpiritofGregory

MATCH THREAD on 17:14 - Aug 8 by Discodroids

make you right derby.

apologies to the rest of the board(except for them two dolly mixtures) gonna give the board a break

fkn stupid.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2015 17:16]

No need to give the board a break Disco, chin up.
MATCH THREAD on 18:36 - Aug 8 with 4937 viewsDorse

MATCH THREAD on 18:21 - Aug 8 by SpiritofGregory

So what makes you think that Ramsey can achieve promotion, his performance so far has suggested otherwise. There is nothing wrong with changing the philosophy of the club in relation to salaries. That however is not enough, you have to have the right personnel and at the moment we are missing the most crucial member, a manager.

Don't give me a feed-line like missing a 'most crucial member'...

Not looking for a barney SoG - you may be right. But to be honest, that logic could apply to practically all of our managers over the years. What did they win? Collectively? A couple of second division titles, a play-off final and the League Cup. They weren't all bad managers.

I never said Ramsey was going to get promotion because, like you, I don't think he will this season. However, I'm sick of changing managers so quickly when history shows that sticking with someone who has a bit of vision can pay dividends if we're prepared to gut it out. For example, Oliie took us down to the third tier and we were absolutely awful that first season in Div 2. Overall, sticking with Ollie was the right thing to do: a play-off at Cardiff and promotion I'm the next two years.

It took a bit of faith in a manager who was, at first, pretty lousy. I'm not going to dish out any abuse and, as I said previously, you may well be spot on. I just think that we need to give Ramsey more time.

Peace, love and all that.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

MATCH THREAD on 18:45 - Aug 8 with 4880 viewseasthertsr

Some real knee-jerk stuff on here tonight! We lost today, it happens , if we keep losing then we should get annoyed/upset etc. and demand changes, but it is just ONE game into the season. Keep calm every-one!
MATCH THREAD on 19:35 - Aug 8 with 4703 viewsStanisgod

Does anyone who went think that Gladwin and Ale would have helped ? Also there isn't much mention of Mackie , good or bad.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

MATCH THREAD on 19:36 - Aug 8 with 4697 viewsMonahoop

MATCH THREAD on 18:45 - Aug 8 by easthertsr

Some real knee-jerk stuff on here tonight! We lost today, it happens , if we keep losing then we should get annoyed/upset etc. and demand changes, but it is just ONE game into the season. Keep calm every-one!

I'd hate to think what it will be like on here if we get tossed and baled and pitchforked in rural Yeovil in mid week. And that sadly, is a realistic possibility.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

MATCH THREAD on 19:43 - Aug 8 with 4674 viewsTHEBUSH

Agree with this, last season when CR took over from Redknapp, he was looking to Bondy for advice during the games, not a good sign for me.

Ramsey does need help though, he can't be a manager and first team coach at the same time, he defo needs someone like Gerry Francis to help him.
MATCH THREAD on 19:55 - Aug 8 with 4613 viewsMatch82

MATCH THREAD on 18:21 - Aug 8 by SpiritofGregory

This might be where our opinions differ.
If we can get promotion, great. But I'd rather stay down with the right philosophy building for the future than get promoted at any cost.

Do I think Ramsey is a good manager to get us promoted? No.
Do I think Ramsey is a good manager to establish the right philosophy and culture within the club? Absolutely.

And I don't think he's a bad enough manager to get this squad relegated to league 1, so I don't have a problem keeping him here for the year.
MATCH THREAD on 20:27 - Aug 8 with 4549 viewsphilosopher

Can't believe some of the nonsense on here. Already writing off Ramsey and implying 'crisis' after one game. This is a completely new team, with unsatisfactory pre-season that had nothing to do with Ramsey who is already being written off. Most agreed with his signings under new constraints. It was a difficult away fixtiure to start, with a new team, and which apparently could have gone either way. We hear on here that getting off to a good or bad start will shape the season; actually no, there are so many games and lots of evidence in recent seasons of teams beating each other and moving up and down the table. If we beat Cardiff we are already in mid-table and 'crisis over'. Get a grip
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024