Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green 21:02 - Jan 20 with 12807 viewskysersosaqpr

Various sources on NewsNowQpr reporting "race" between crystal palace, Liverpool, Bournemouth to sign rob green. You couldn't make it up!
I don't get it; are we missing something that others see?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:13 - Jan 21 with 2379 viewsJamie

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 11:39 - Jan 21 by Bluce_Ree

Maybe he chose to stay as #1 at QPR rather than be #2 at West Ham? Maybe he shouldn't be forced to take a pay cut just because we're now trying to cut back on spending.

Not the wrong sort at all.

The wrong sort would be some benchwarming c*nt who doesn't want to get involved.

He would've been #1 at West Ham as they had so many injuries. But he didn't want to take a paycut to play PL football.

As said, 'the wrong sort', or just a cnt.
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:17 - Jan 21 with 2370 viewsPunteR

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:00 - Jan 21 by isawqpratwcity

Cut and Paste fail? Next time try hitting "Preview Post" to check before "Add Reply".

I meant that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

(No subject) on 13:17 - Jan 21 with 2363 viewsJamie

(No subject) on 11:47 - Jan 21 by isawqpratwcity

How much less money do you think Wham offered him? A third less? Half?

I don't know about you but if I make a deal with a boss it would take bloody exceptional circumstances for me to then disadvantage myself and take a drastic cut. And that doesn't make me, or Green, a cnt.

And don't get me started on SWP not going out on loan "because he actually wanted to play for us". The guy had the form of a pub team player at closing time and the only way he was going to regain any competitive edge was to go out on loan with some Conference side or League 2 at absolute best. But no, he was happy to calcify at Loftus Road on more money than Green without lifting a bloody finger to improve. Now there's a cnt!

Even if West Ham had offered him half his QPR wages, it would still likely make him in the Top 5 earning goalkeepers in the world at that age.

He's 36, was being offered a PL deal at a club allegedly close to his heart, closer to his family home but on less money.

He's well within his right to hang around and milk every last penny out of the club as we gave him the deal, but it makes him no less of a cnt than SWP.
(No subject) on 13:21 - Jan 21 with 2353 viewsBluce_Ree

(No subject) on 13:17 - Jan 21 by Jamie

Even if West Ham had offered him half his QPR wages, it would still likely make him in the Top 5 earning goalkeepers in the world at that age.

He's 36, was being offered a PL deal at a club allegedly close to his heart, closer to his family home but on less money.

He's well within his right to hang around and milk every last penny out of the club as we gave him the deal, but it makes him no less of a cnt than SWP.

You're wrong and KING GREEN will beat you in front of your woman when he is rightly coronated.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

(No subject) on 13:23 - Jan 21 with 2348 viewsTacticalR

(No subject) on 13:21 - Jan 21 by Bluce_Ree

You're wrong and KING GREEN will beat you in front of your woman when he is rightly coronated.

Bonkers to compare Green who at least has done a job for us at times with an awful, awful signing like SWP.

Air hostess clique

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:26 - Jan 21 with 2341 viewsTheBlob

In the short term swap him for Speroni.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:26 - Jan 21 with 2341 viewsR_from_afar

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 22:06 - Jan 20 by Lblock

Jesus H Christ.... were you in my office yesterday morning when I speaking to my Estimator???!!
Word for word that was the same statement I made to him.

The last keeper who bagged us minimum 12 points was Paddy Kenny -- I reckon he probably earnt us nearer 24 that season.

All I can thank Green for was Wembley. He had a solid decent game that day.
I just hope someone wins this race really soon.

"All I can thank Green for was Wembley". Hells bells, talk about selective memory!

Who was it that was between the sticks when QPR broke their clean sheet record?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

(No subject) on 13:27 - Jan 21 with 2335 viewsBluce_Ree

(No subject) on 13:23 - Jan 21 by TacticalR

Bonkers to compare Green who at least has done a job for us at times with an awful, awful signing like SWP.

Haters be hating!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:42 - Jan 21 with 2302 viewsR_from_afar

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 21:50 - Jan 20 by paulparker

Pound for pound Green is one of the worst keepers I've seen at Rangers
He makes Juergen sommer look like Lev Yashin
They say a good keeper saves you 12 points a season well Green costs us at least 12 points
Awful on his near post, can't kick , terrible concentration , I never seem him catch a ball either
We would be better off with a scarecrow between the sticks

I see you switched off Microsoft HyperboleChecker before posting that...

Look, he has made a fair number of errors this season, has not been at his best and deserved to be dropped plus we do need to get the wage bill down and build for the future but some of the negative comments on here are way over the top and suggest that the posters only watched the matches in which he made mistakes. Green deserves more respect than that.

I see Kenny being lauded here; I thought he was decent but in our first season back in the Prem, he got absolute pelters.

My theory is that when our 'keepers play at their absolute best, we start making that the minimum requirement and literally expect that of them every game. Like that's ever going to happen! Then there is the grass is always greener/no one's ever good enough for us/everyone is a mercenary thing. Sad.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:47 - Jan 21 with 2283 viewsTheBlob

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:42 - Jan 21 by R_from_afar

I see you switched off Microsoft HyperboleChecker before posting that...

Look, he has made a fair number of errors this season, has not been at his best and deserved to be dropped plus we do need to get the wage bill down and build for the future but some of the negative comments on here are way over the top and suggest that the posters only watched the matches in which he made mistakes. Green deserves more respect than that.

I see Kenny being lauded here; I thought he was decent but in our first season back in the Prem, he got absolute pelters.

My theory is that when our 'keepers play at their absolute best, we start making that the minimum requirement and literally expect that of them every game. Like that's ever going to happen! Then there is the grass is always greener/no one's ever good enough for us/everyone is a mercenary thing. Sad.

RFA

Look,there are plenty of players out there who are good enough for us,players that can do a competent job,but we always pick the wrong option.
Not the fans' fault for pointing out the obvious.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

(No subject) on 14:22 - Jan 21 with 2241 viewsisawqpratwcity

I can't believe you expect people to cut their right arm off just because the club fcks up!

"Milk every last penny"? You are expecting Green to quietly fck off and then pay for the privilege to the tune of somewhere around ten to twenty thousand pounds per week?!?!

What f*cking planet do you live on? Would you work at a place in the process of spunking away 200 million and seriously consider leaving to make no material difference in assisting them out of the jam they put themselves in, yet knowing it would lift something like a million out of your own pocket? We're talking about a man's family's future here.

That is way beyond altruism, that is stark raving lunacy!

You seem bent on driving some equivalence between Green and SWP when no-one in their right mind would claim that but if it will make you give up on this ridiculous Green-slander then I will admit that SWP's one league goal for the winner at Stamford Bridge (which owed as much to Taarabt's pass as SWP's managing to not spear the bloody thing over the grandstand) was worth "EVERY LAST PENNY" of the best part of 20 million that SWP cost this club.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

(No subject) on 14:31 - Jan 21 with 2232 viewsMatch82

You're nuts. Someone who doesn't want to do a similar job for less money is a cnt?

Lot of cnts on this board if that's your logic.
(No subject) on 14:51 - Jan 21 with 2215 viewsisawqpratwcity

(No subject) on 14:31 - Jan 21 by Match82

You're nuts. Someone who doesn't want to do a similar job for less money is a cnt?

You articulated that so much better than me!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 16:10 - Jan 21 with 2129 viewsWestonsuperR

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 22:11 - Jan 20 by daveB

I thought he had a good season in our promotion year and was pretty decent for most of last season as well. I don't really understand the hatred towards him at the moment

I'd go along with this, I'm actually not a big fan of Green but can't really complain on his overall performance and the way he's conducted himself during his time with us. I think people are clouding their judgement due to an indifferent current season and the fact Smithies has failed to been given a chance (not Green's fault- he won't drop himself)
(No subject) on 18:27 - Jan 21 with 2007 viewsItalianR

(No subject) on 14:31 - Jan 21 by Match82

So why was SWP a cnt?
So why was SWP a cnt? on 19:31 - Jan 21 with 1940 viewsShotKneesHoop

(No subject) on 18:27 - Jan 21 by ItalianR

So why was SWP a cnt?

This must be the most moronic and ill informed reply ever posted on LFW.

How long have you got?

As they used to say in Latin at the Colosseum in Rome - before they threw Charles Hawtrey to the Lions - "Semper Maximus Crappus, Puer" - translated as "always utter shyte, dear boy"

rSWiPe's greatest fault was giving the impression that he gave a toss about anything but his wedge.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2016 19:32]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 20:48 - Jan 21 with 1872 viewsGroveR

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:26 - Jan 21 by TheBlob

In the short term swap him for Speroni.

Always plays like Gordon Banks on whizz against us so would inevitably be shyte.

Plus his name sounds like someone vvanking into Italian lager.
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 20:57 - Jan 21 with 1855 viewsNW10Hoop

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 16:10 - Jan 21 by WestonsuperR

I'd go along with this, I'm actually not a big fan of Green but can't really complain on his overall performance and the way he's conducted himself during his time with us. I think people are clouding their judgement due to an indifferent current season and the fact Smithies has failed to been given a chance (not Green's fault- he won't drop himself)

My thoughts exactly. He's been one of the better players of this recent era
"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 21:23 - Jan 21 with 1802 viewsderbyhoop

Green has been a decent keeper, otherwise he wouldn't have won England caps, but he's 36 now and, on the evidence of this season, declining rapidly. We don't want to invoke the renewal clause in his contract, so won't play him. Judging by the comments he made when Hughes brought in Cesar above him, he wants to play. If anybody can offer him a half decent deal, he'll go. He should go with our blessing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

(No subject) on 21:26 - Jan 21 with 1793 viewsDorse

He'd come for us, then hesitate, flap a bit, miss your head and stand looking miserable whilst we jeer and mock him till our voices are sore.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

(No subject) on 21:41 - Jan 21 with 1770 viewsAgedR

I've followed and enjoyed your connection with KING GREEN Bluce and think he has been pretty much a model pro for us.

Sat and waited for his chance under Hughes.

Consistent in our promotion season.

Can't blame him for trying to work the best financial option for him and his family.

I happen to know he is a pretty decent bloke.

But...fundamentally...he makes too many errors which have directly led to goals and, no, I don't think he has made up for that with enough saves that most other keepers wouldn't have made.

Good keepers don't do that, let alone kings

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 12:25 - Jan 22 with 1628 viewsR_from_afar

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:47 - Jan 21 by TheBlob

Look,there are plenty of players out there who are good enough for us,players that can do a competent job,but we always pick the wrong option.
Not the fans' fault for pointing out the obvious.

"Always"? I know you don't mean that

RFA

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 13:35 - Jan 22 with 1548 viewsEastR

Is this one of those long, drawn out races?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

"Race is on" to sign Rob Green on 23:56 - Jan 22 with 1383 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Perhaps he's dropped the pen when it was handed to him to sign.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024