Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on the radio 17:51 - Nov 25 with 19742 views442Dale

What happened? Almost no mention whatsoever of the game and talking about chants he heard, doesn't like it when "our own supporters are singing disrespectful songs about us". Even Wagg made a point of saying that being sat right behind the dugout he was very unsure about what Hill was talking about.

What were the chants? A massive shame that he isn't focusing on a great win after a clever change in tactics by the manager.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on the radio on 17:58 - Nov 25 with 6866 viewsSaxonDale

I presume he's referring to 'how shit are you lot? We're winning at home' chant which was sung for about 20 seconds Keith Moon an co on the far right of the TDS. Admittedly not my favourite chant but they sung plenty of positive ones about the team either side of this chant.

The 'sacked in the morning' chants was referring to a bit of 'banter' between the same lads chanting towards someone from the catering team. All good fun. Definitely not aimed at Hill. But I'm sure he probably knows that already.
Hill on the radio on 17:58 - Nov 25 with 6865 viewsD_Alien

It could've been the lads who were under scrutiny on here last week singing about Slew with "We're not being racist" included

Very easily misinterpreted, as in "we're not racist, but..."

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill on the radio on 18:01 - Nov 25 with 6812 viewsShun

Hill on the radio on 17:58 - Nov 25 by SaxonDale

I presume he's referring to 'how shit are you lot? We're winning at home' chant which was sung for about 20 seconds Keith Moon an co on the far right of the TDS. Admittedly not my favourite chant but they sung plenty of positive ones about the team either side of this chant.

The 'sacked in the morning' chants was referring to a bit of 'banter' between the same lads chanting towards someone from the catering team. All good fun. Definitely not aimed at Hill. But I'm sure he probably knows that already.

I assume it was the 'how shit must you be' chants too. A strange choice of song when we were playing quite well and our record is pretty good at home anyway. Nothing to get upset about though.
Hill on the radio on 18:06 - Nov 25 with 6757 viewsKnowlesy

Hill on the radio on 17:58 - Nov 25 by SaxonDale

I must say that I sit in the centre of the TDS and didn't hear that, so doubt Hill would've!
Hill on the radio on 18:07 - Nov 25 with 6743 views442Dale

Hill on the radio on 18:01 - Nov 25 by Shun

I assume it was the 'how shit must you be' chants too. A strange choice of song when we were playing quite well and our record is pretty good at home anyway. Nothing to get upset about though.

The problem now is it'll get picked up by the Ob etc. Rubbish song, but hardly worth that response.

Hill on the radio on 18:12 - Nov 25 with 6682 viewsdalenumber2

I heard it very quietly and I sit in the TDS. Hill must have good ears.
Hill on the radio on 18:27 - Nov 25 with 6535 viewsnordenblue

Did he not mention it too like he'd read it too somewhere,it sounded like he may have heard/read about possible unrest on here maybe
Hill on the radio on 18:30 - Nov 25 with 6494 views442Dale

Hill on the radio on 18:27 - Nov 25 by nordenblue

Did he not mention it too like he'd read it too somewhere,it sounded like he may have heard/read about possible unrest on here maybe

If anyone reads here then should see the majority of fans back the manager and will take irrational negativity to task. Those same fans may also question decisions and make suggestions about how we could be better, if anyone doesn't like that, tough.

We should all be open to constructive criticism.

Login to get fewer ads

Hill on the radio on 18:31 - Nov 25 with 6474 viewsdingdangblue

Most managers have a diversion tactic when their team plays shit and lose! Not Hilly! He likes to be different. 😂

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hill on the radio on 18:42 - Nov 25 with 6377 viewsTVOS1907

He must have bloody good hearing! Has he borrowed his ears off Adam Gilchrist?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill on the radio on 18:44 - Nov 25 with 6350 viewsfitzochris

Hill on the radio on 18:42 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

He must have bloody good hearing! Has he borrowed his ears off Adam Gilchrist?

I understand some shit stirrers have been in his earhole.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill on the radio on 18:45 - Nov 25 with 6339 viewsdalenumber2

Hill on the radio on 18:31 - Nov 25 by dingdangblue

Most managers have a diversion tactic when their team plays shit and lose! Not Hilly! He likes to be different. 😂

He was obviously taking the opportunity to say ‘told you so’. He’s an odd one.
Hill on the radio on 19:02 - Nov 25 with 6203 viewsKenBoon

I never heard any chants, but if they came from the drummers who spend most of the game making noise and being supportive, then I find it hard to believe that Hill wouldn’t have realised it was some of that zaney football humour that a team in the relegation zone might chant. I believe some fella had an incident with some baps(the hamburger kind) which may have led to the sacked in the morning chant. Again there’s no way Hill can seriously believe those supportive fans would chant that, let alone chant it when we were winning. We don’t have enough supporters for the manager to try and ailienate some. Today’s crowd was supportive but a little quiet. Hill has no business having a go publicly. He’s way out of order.
Hill on the radio on 19:18 - Nov 25 with 6121 viewsKenBoon

I’ve not listened to the raw interview on the ‘fishul website yet, but can anyone confirm if GMR cherry picked Hill’s moan alone above actual comments about the actual match they were supposed to be getting - and Wagg & FRMSE were expecting - or did Hill spend all his time going on about supporters and therefore GMR had no actual match comments to broadcast? It’d be good to know where GMR’s editorial priorities lie.
Hill on the radio on 19:20 - Nov 25 with 6098 views442Dale

The Sandy Lane was genuinely more supportive than usual today. We've commented before about some who criticise irrationally, but even that wasn't present this afternoon as there appeared to be a collective realisation that the team was going through a tough spell.

Anyone involved in creating this unnecessary situation should maybe think whether they're actually achieving anything. All very sad on a day when we've got a crucial win.

Hill on the radio on 19:22 - Nov 25 with 6081 viewsdingdangblue

It's on here : 44mins onwards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05mw7zt

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hill on the radio on 19:22 - Nov 25 with 6080 views442Dale

Hill on the radio on 19:18 - Nov 25 by KenBoon

I’ve not listened to the raw interview on the ‘fishul website yet, but can anyone confirm if GMR cherry picked Hill’s moan alone above actual comments about the actual match they were supposed to be getting - and Wagg & FRMSE were expecting - or did Hill spend all his time going on about supporters and therefore GMR had no actual match comments to broadcast? It’d be good to know where GMR’s editorial priorities lie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05p6ftj

Hill on the radio on 19:45 - Nov 25 with 5931 viewsBigKindo

Very bizarre? I thought that in our section of the main stand the support for the side was very positive.
Hill on the radio on 19:48 - Nov 25 with 5910 viewsD_Alien

Someone should take Hill to one side, preferably the Chairman, and explain to him firstly, that he's misinterpreted the "sacked in the morning chants" and secondly, that in this neck of the woods we have a strange sense of humour and chants about being rubbish at home should be taken with a huge pinch of salt

It'd help if this could then be publicised to counter this ridiculous outburst from him

If anyone reading this thread with any input into the club at all could facilitate this?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill on the radio on 19:48 - Nov 25 with 5907 viewsTVOS1907

Hill on the radio on 19:22 - Nov 25 by 442Dale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05p6ftj

"Our own supporters" = "a handful of excitable teenagers in the corner with a drum".

It's a shame that distinction isn't made.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill on the radio on 19:50 - Nov 25 with 5885 viewsdingdangblue

I think this has more to do with the recent discussions on here rather than anything sang at the game today.

Hill on the radio on 19:57 - Nov 25 with 5844 views442Dale

Hill on the radio on 19:50 - Nov 25 by dingdangblue

I think this has more to do with the recent discussions on here rather than anything sang at the game today.

His focus appears to be on the wording of chants which have been mentioned. I'd argue against anyone who believes what's been posted on here has a negative effect on the club, mainly because of the way many have reacted to over the top posts.

It's long been an irritation that some believe this forum is a bad thing, it's worth, both to supporters and the club, can be illustrated time and again.

Hill on the radio on 19:58 - Nov 25 with 5831 viewsBigKindo

Hill on the radio on 19:48 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

"Our own supporters" = "a handful of excitable teenagers in the corner with a drum".

The naysayers who are now Googling naysayers.
Hill on the radio on 20:01 - Nov 25 with 5802 views442Dale

Hill on the radio on 19:48 - Nov 25 by D_Alien

Someone should take Hill to one side, preferably the Chairman, and explain to him firstly, that he's misinterpreted the "sacked in the morning chants" and secondly, that in this neck of the woods we have a strange sense of humour and chants about being rubbish at home should be taken with a huge pinch of salt

It'd help if this could then be publicised to counter this ridiculous outburst from him

If anyone reading this thread with any input into the club at all could facilitate this?

Those who can influence the output from the club should be fully aware of this thread and be thinking how the situation can be smoothed over.

They should WANT this to happen, because otherwise what is #teamrochdale if the team isn't at least trying to stick together? ... which is something Hill rightly points out.

Hill on the radio on 20:02 - Nov 25 with 5800 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hill on the radio on 19:48 - Nov 25 by TVOS1907

Aye only let geriatrics in, in future

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024