Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford 19:45 - Jan 25 with 29171 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/54026/match-preview-rochdal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:08 - Jan 26 with 2125 viewsOxDale

I felt sick!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:08 - Jan 26 with 2113 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:05 - Jan 26 by Nigeriamark

At least he'd lie & say we won 4-3

Problem is, you’re not far off the mark

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:09 - Jan 26 with 2091 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:04 - Jan 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

We've just signed a Goalkeeping Coach......get him in early tomorrow.

Dont think we need him, seems our keepers had a fair bit of practice tonight
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:09 - Jan 26 with 2084 views49thseason

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:59 - Jan 26 by dingdangblue

Agreed, impressed with Osho but that's his ball to clear - as soon as he started to let it go past him and Bazunu came so far out I was worried. Schoolboy errors every game. Just so avoidable.

Looked like Osho got a shout from Bazunu to me. Osho should have launched it into Z.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:09 - Jan 26 with 2080 viewsdamaka

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:02 - Jan 26 by mightydale

Am absolutely done with this fcuking crap week in week out.
Basic fcuking Errors every fcuking week.

Not 1 more penny going into this club, an embarrassment of a club, manager and players who make the same mistakes week in week out.

No wonder crowds ( last season) season tickets are dawdling not paying tenner every week.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 21:06]

Couldn't have put it any better myself
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:10 - Jan 26 with 2046 viewsonedalefan

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 20:57 - Jan 26 by DaleFan7

End of the game almost as bad as the commentary on ifollow.

Agreed. Got our players names mixed up regularly, didn't seem to know Bazunu's name, was always 'our keeper' and didn't seem to incidents correctly.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:11 - Jan 26 with 2023 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:06 - Jan 26 by James1980

But the philosophy goes right through the club won't changing it be like turning a barge.

Not necessarily James, because the philosophy - any philosophy - needs to include the basics of defending.

Are our players bad defenders or are they just defending badly because of the way they're being coached and told to play?

I don't know the answer, but what I do know is it can't continue and with around half of the season still to play, it's not too late to change it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:11 - Jan 26 with 2005 viewsSandyman

Given their limitations, you can't fault many of the players for a lack of effort, but the naivety especially towards the end of a half is staggeringly poor. We had a prolonged spell like that under Hill, throwing away points in the last 5 minutes of a half or in added time. We're at it again. That and the regular weaknesses in the defence. Issues that don't seem to be addressed.
Mind you, without the resources and experience available, as mentioned many times last Summer, there's only so much we can do, but we have an HR manager now instead. Too many generals not enough soldiers.
Who mentioned "managed relegation" in the close season?
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:12 - Jan 26 with 1995 viewsdamaka

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:04 - Jan 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

We've just signed a Goalkeeping Coach......get him in early tomorrow.

What about a defensive coach ?
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:13 - Jan 26 with 1943 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:06 - Jan 26 by James1980

But the philosophy goes right through the club won't changing it be like turning a barge.

No

It's not about not playing football, it's about playing it with professionalism, and that's absent from the philosophy at the expense of giving young loanees the opportunity to make absolute tools of themselves

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:13 - Jan 26 with 1947 views442Dale

What’s most galling is how easy it is to fix and how tedious it is to keep saying it.

Make your defenders defend for a game, tell them that is all you want. We did that in 18/19 at the end of the season. Now we have even more goals in the team, so there’s no need whatsoever for them to think about anything else.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:14 - Jan 26 with 1911 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:05 - Jan 26 by Nigeriamark

At least he'd lie & say we won 4-3

He'd have stopped the count at HT. 3 points to us

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:14 - Jan 26 with 1903 viewsIOMDale

It’s easy to say with hindsight but you have to ask at what point we stop benefitting from loaning young ‘uns from higher up the food chain.

On individual merit, all of them bring quality to this squad but I think tonight demonstrates that when inexperienced players form the core of your defence, who takes charge, organises and cajoles those next to and in front of them, in terms of defensive organisation?

We need McShane back this weekend, desperately.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:16 - Jan 26 with 1866 views442Dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:13 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

No

It's not about not playing football, it's about playing it with professionalism, and that's absent from the philosophy at the expense of giving young loanees the opportunity to make absolute tools of themselves

And the likes of Lonergan, Ebanks-Landell and McShane when fit simply wouldn’t put up with it.

The philosophy James mentions may well be there, but those at the club with coaching badges and experience in the game should now recognise it needs changing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:17 - Jan 26 with 1820 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:14 - Jan 26 by IOMDale

It’s easy to say with hindsight but you have to ask at what point we stop benefitting from loaning young ‘uns from higher up the food chain.

On individual merit, all of them bring quality to this squad but I think tonight demonstrates that when inexperienced players form the core of your defence, who takes charge, organises and cajoles those next to and in front of them, in terms of defensive organisation?

It's not being said with hindsight though, is it?

It's been said beforehand (i could show you examples)

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:18 - Jan 26 with 1768 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:14 - Jan 26 by IOMDale

You're right, of course, but with McShane and O'Connell injured and McNulty suspended, it's been needs must for the last week.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:19 - Jan 26 with 1759 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:17 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

It's not being said with hindsight though, is it?

It's been said beforehand (i could show you examples)

Specifically my point about playing so many young loanees at the core of our defence together?

I know the point about pissing around at the back has been done to death.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:22 - Jan 26 with 1683 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:18 - Jan 26 by TVOS1907

You're right, of course, but with McShane and O'Connell injured and McNulty suspended, it's been needs must for the last week.

No doubting that TVOS, though I wonder whether we looked at a more experienced defender than Osho or whether he was our number one target?

Nothing wrong with him at all - I said earlier that he looks superb - but I just wonder whether we discussed potentially bringing an experienced leader in? Mind you, finances may have been too tight.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:22 - Jan 26 with 1673 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:18 - Jan 26 by TVOS1907

Thing is many fans would accept the recruitment policy in the face of the pandemic and no income, as per “the chairman’s” message last September.

But then we see all these off field appointments.

We shouldn’t be looking for the manager to lose his job.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:24 - Jan 26 with 1611 viewssince58

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:12 - Jan 26 by damaka

What about a defensive coach ?

Ellen Smiths.???
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:25 - Jan 26 with 1595 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:19 - Jan 26 by IOMDale

Specifically my point about playing so many young loanees at the core of our defence together?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/267809/4073329/new-signing

OK, McNulty was suspended, but having two such inexperienced lads at the back - plus a rookie keeper behind them - is asking for trouble, and that's what we got

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:25 - Jan 26 with 1582 viewsNorthernDale

Our poor defending is getting tiresome, I accept that we can make excuses that we are missing O'Connell and McShane, but our defence is a misnomer, in that we seem to lack the ability to do so. I feel sorry for the forwards, we have to score three and hope we will get a draw. I was losing patience with the number of times that we passed it back to Bazuna or the number of times he came out of the box, and operated like an outfield player, which may be the reason, he was caught out in at the end. Is there no communication between the defence and keeper? The positives is that Roberts and Osho played well, but they are still relatively inexperienced.

I know results in general, went for us tonight, with Bristol Rovers drawing and Wigan, Wimbledon and Swindon losing, but this will not always be the case. I am sorry to say that BBM may take us down with such tactics and a seemingly inability to rectify the defence problems, we are crying out for a left back, but instead he thinks Keohane and Done are good enough, when they are not.

i have no doubt BBM will say they played well and he is gutted for them, but what does that make record two wins in thirteen or fourteen games (I may be wrong on this and if so I apologise), which is extremely poor by anyone's standards.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:25 - Jan 26 with 1582 viewsrich_dale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:19 - Jan 26 by IOMDale

Can't believe what I saw then - Sunday league stuff and no reason at all for Bazunu to come out there. Osho looks decent and must be perplexed at what's going on around him. He also had a go at Roberts after they squandered a good chance. Bazunu actually had a good game otherwise and made some decent saves which tells its own story. Three goals in each of our last 3 home games and just 2 points.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:27 - Jan 26 with 1556 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:25 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/267809/4073329/new-signing

OK, McNulty was suspended, but having two such inexperienced lads at the back - plus a rookie keeper behind them - is asking for trouble, and that's what we got

Fair dos DA, didn’t see this, sorry.

We agree though, it’s asking for trouble.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:28 - Jan 26 with 1519 viewsgolfaduffy

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Oxford on 21:16 - Jan 26 by 442Dale

And the likes of Lonergan, Ebanks-Landell and McShane when fit simply wouldn’t put up with it.

The philosophy James mentions may well be there, but those at the club with coaching badges and experience in the game should now recognise it needs changing.

There's your problem. The person at the top of the club doesn't really want to be there, whilst the CEO has no more clue about football or running a football club than you or I do.

The Manager is a lovely bloke by all accounts, but has surely shown too often that he is out of his depth when it comes to organising a defence.

The players all did well tonight...for 99% of the game. Just stupid individual mistakes costing us. Again and again and again.

We are labelled the entertainers of League 1. But if crowds were allowed, I'd bet that we would be playing to less than 1500 at home, such is the predictability of what is happening.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024