Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National anthems. 20:07 - Jun 11 with 7445 viewsSnipper

Just having a conversation with my sister about national anthems after listening to the Turkish and Italian anthems. We both agreed that England shouldn’t have God save the Queen, as it’s the British anthem. When we play Scotland next Friday, we’ll have the British anthem and The flower of Scotland.

We should have Land of hope and Glory. I remember that was England’s anthem at the 2002 Commonwealth Games in Manchester. It was very rousing when the whole stadium joined in.
National anthems. on 13:32 - Jun 14 with 1152 viewsMrSheen

National anthems. on 13:29 - Jun 14 by robith

I think we'd all be able to turn a blind eye to the concept of God Save the Queen if it wasn't slower than a funeral march. It's an absolute dirge

Still quicker than Flower of Scotland though!
National anthems. on 13:33 - Jun 14 with 1155 viewsrobith

Also I was yesterday years old when I discovered the national anthem of the Netherlands has the lyric"I have always been loyal to the King of Spain"
National anthems. on 13:58 - Jun 14 with 1118 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Czech Republic's is yer typical eastern European specimen - orchestral, bombastic, slow bit, fade out and with the players uncertainly mumbling along.

Flower of Scotland now. Oh yes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

National anthems. on 17:22 - Jun 14 with 1058 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not gonna lie, I caught myself whistling Flower of Scotland just now 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
National anthems. on 17:29 - Jun 14 with 1046 viewsDorse

National anthems. on 17:22 - Jun 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not gonna lie, I caught myself whistling Flower of Scotland just now 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

I caught myself whistling the Octonauts theme tune.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

National anthems. on 21:57 - Jun 14 with 1008 viewsaston_hoop

Good thing is that the Copa America is on now and that's where its at for anthems!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

National anthems. on 00:30 - Jun 15 with 970 viewsColinr

Whilst I appreciate this is aimed at GSTQ for England Billy Connolly perfectly summed up why it needs to be changed. The Archers theme tune gets my vote 😀
National anthems. on 00:30 - Jun 15 with 967 viewsSydneyRs

National anthems. on 10:43 - Jun 12 by PlanetHonneywood

Industrial dirge! Industrial dirge!

When we’re on the cusp of a trade war over sausages and borders, imaginary or otherwise, Ireland’s Call rises above religious and historical divides, and circumvents all hurdles with fantastic and arguably, unparalleled key changes while stood shoulder-to-shoulder. Admittedly a little difficult to perform if your the little President fella and the blokes either side are the second row forwards, but for a minute odd of a rabble rousing ditty, it does the job and some.

Industrial dirge…

A lot of people seem to like Ireland's call, but to me its one of the worst songs I've ever heard. Can't stand it.

Anthems I like include Italy, France, Brazil (in fact a few South American countries), New Zealand, South Africa, Wales, Scotland and the US despite their huge egos have a good anthem. Awful ones include my country of abode Australia, and God Save the Queen.

Have a look at this, these blokes can actually sing in tune:

Login to get fewer ads

National anthems. on 01:00 - Jun 22 with 808 viewsBoston

Dear ‘Hayzus’, I have just watched the Argentinians sing their National Anthem!!!! Not helped that there isn’t a decent baritone among them.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

National anthems. on 01:04 - Jun 22 with 804 viewsBoston

National anthems. on 01:00 - Jun 22 by Boston

Dear ‘Hayzus’, I have just watched the Argentinians sing their National Anthem!!!! Not helped that there isn’t a decent baritone among them.

Actually, they’re playing Paraguay, might have a quick bet, they don’t have the greatest record against the Para’s.

National anthems. on 01:14 - Jun 22 with 799 viewsBoston

National anthems. on 01:04 - Jun 22 by Boston

Actually, they’re playing Paraguay, might have a quick bet, they don’t have the greatest record against the Para’s.

Oooch, ten mins in and it’s like watching a racehorse competing against the nag pulling a milk float! Interesting tactics from the Argies, barring the back line, everyone seems to be 5’5”.

National anthems. on 00:41 - Jul 12 with 593 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

How about The Long and Winding Road?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024