Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton, Stick or twist? 19:06 - Apr 2 with 72906 viewsRangersDave

Ok, so we arent doing as well as most of us thought we would.

However, we all know we should have had a new striker in during the last window, but didnt and this appears it might have been a mistake.

If form continues the way it is, Stoke etc will beat us, and we will be almost where we were last season......ergo no real improvement, and a squad thats fat, old, lazy, or comtractually obliged to play every game.

However, next season will need more players, as some will be leaving us, so who do you want to pick those players and next seasons formations?

So, do we keep Warburton (Stick) or do we get rid (twist)

I will start this........ Twist

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:14 - Apr 23 with 2688 viewsLblock

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:35 - Apr 23 with 2591 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 16:59 - Apr 23 by RangersDave

As the season comes to rather lacklustre end for us (bar the sheff match that is), we had our chance, blew it, went back to Toblerone footy, dropped any ideas of doing anything.....some, ever again.

To be so close to the playoffs and not try isnt my fault, its some of the players, and whoever motivates them and tells them too play.

So.....i'm still 'Twisting' , anyone happy with all this shyte and wants to stick? if yes, how do you think this leopard of a team will change it's spots?

I’m still 100% in the stick camp.

When you look at where we were when he arrived, and where we are now, I can’t believe anyone would think we haven’t progressed. In absolutely no walk of life do things just get better and better and better without setbacks. The road to success isn’t linear. Why should football be any different? Who on this board has never had a rough patch at work? Would you expect to he sacked because of it, particularly if you were deprived of your best resources through no fault of your own.

Warburton had one bad spell before and he turned it around pretty spectacularly. That doesn’t guarantee he’ll do it again but it should, surely, buy him the right to have a go.

This manager has got way more right than wrong imo. If the club’s going to replace a good manager every time we have a bad run we may as well give up.

The elephant in the room of course, is that sacking him is only half the story. From the people who brought you Hughes, Redknapp, entrusted our Premier League survival to a coach who had spent most of his coaching life in youth development, to JFH, to Holloway to McClaren. Warburton is, literally, the only decent appointment they’ve made. I strongly suspect that was simply the law of averages. Why would anyone expect them to go from getting every appointment wrong to getting two on the spin right? And if anyone thinks it’s because our DoF had nothing to do with any of the failures, I would suggest you take someone with you the next time you go to buy a used car.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:02 - Apr 23 with 2428 viewstkqpr

If if really wants it, i mean REALLY wants it then fine, he's earned the right to go again and he should stay.

If he doesnt know whats gone on, and why the loss of form, or is tired or has other issues then no he has to leave, and believe he will be honest and frank at the end of the season.

There is too much at stake, theres quite a few changes with players contracts at the end of the season. We need pace in the team. Does he have the desire to go again?? Are the players listening to him?

Keep ball has been coached into them and they are scared of losing the ball it seems. Too many bad choices. We dont play the ball into dangerous areas enough.

Is that Warbs is fault? Can he/will he change this?
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:16 - Apr 23 with 2354 viewsMickB

Stick. Every day.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:19 - Apr 23 with 2330 viewsSimonJames

Stick

100% of people who drink water will die.

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:22 - Apr 23 with 2315 viewsHarbour

Stick Stick Stick..blimey someone suggested sherwood god help us if he came.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 18:53 - Apr 23 with 2219 viewsDamo1962

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:35 - Apr 23 by DejR_vu

I’m still 100% in the stick camp.

When you look at where we were when he arrived, and where we are now, I can’t believe anyone would think we haven’t progressed. In absolutely no walk of life do things just get better and better and better without setbacks. The road to success isn’t linear. Why should football be any different? Who on this board has never had a rough patch at work? Would you expect to he sacked because of it, particularly if you were deprived of your best resources through no fault of your own.

Warburton had one bad spell before and he turned it around pretty spectacularly. That doesn’t guarantee he’ll do it again but it should, surely, buy him the right to have a go.

This manager has got way more right than wrong imo. If the club’s going to replace a good manager every time we have a bad run we may as well give up.

The elephant in the room of course, is that sacking him is only half the story. From the people who brought you Hughes, Redknapp, entrusted our Premier League survival to a coach who had spent most of his coaching life in youth development, to JFH, to Holloway to McClaren. Warburton is, literally, the only decent appointment they’ve made. I strongly suspect that was simply the law of averages. Why would anyone expect them to go from getting every appointment wrong to getting two on the spin right? And if anyone thinks it’s because our DoF had nothing to do with any of the failures, I would suggest you take someone with you the next time you go to buy a used car.

Yeah. Those who run the club have some questionable appointments on their CV alright.Warburton needs to explain to them and to us, what he thinks has gone wrong and how he intends to fix it. No tactical masterclasses...just straight talking that I can understand. If he does, then he might still get next year's gig. But anyone with sense can see, that if we start next season the way we have finished this one...he won't last. Sentiment should not be allowed to affect judgement on his future with us.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:01 - Apr 23 with 2205 viewskensalriser

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 17:04 - Apr 23 by stevec

Ahem

Yeah because we were doing so well before Warburton.

Funny you didn’t post that after the Derby game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:20 - Apr 23 with 2153 viewsMelakaRanger

After today’s match Warbs said

We knew what we had to do but we lacked any pace, purpose or intensity in the first half and that is the most frustrating thing.
“We never forced a save from the 'keeper. We have lost today to what, from our point of view, was a very poor goal and we lost with a whimper which is not the QPR way.”

It was his team selection, his tactics that resulted in this lack of pace, purpose etc. losing with a whimper is likewise down to him and his team and his tactics.

Absolute QPR are in a far better position now than when he joined us. He’s done a brilliant job. But there is no room for sentiment if you are driven to succeed. This is a results business and the board backed his signings in the summer and in January too. But the wheels fell off at Christmas and Warbs has been unable to fix things. And there’s no denying our 2022 form is relegation fight form.

Maybe he’s taken us as far a his abilities are able to. There’s no disgrace in that, everyone no matter what job they do has a ceiling as to their abilities.

Go back a few years and maybe Warnock too had reached his limit. After all he’s hardly been a successful Premiership manager but he’s been brilliant at various clubs in the championship.

I also suspect that the board will looki at the players Warbs brought in this summer and January. I think we can all agree that they have been as many duds than successes. And Januarys additions seem to have contributed to our rapid decline. I can’t see them backing him again this summer.
This season was the season they splashed what cash they had in the expectation of at least a playoff place from which we would have had a real chance of going up.

With the high wages of Chas, Stefan and low return they have offered I can’t see any more “expensive” players being brought in for at least a year or two (once those two have left and the payroll has subsequently reduced)

So Warbs or no Warbs, I can see next year being a year of regrouping and developing a couple of players for sale. Maybe summer 23 we will get good money for Dieng and Willock and possibly one other. Then with Chas gone and Johansen just 12 months from going the purse strings will get loosened again.

On that basis, do you keep Warbs 1 more year to get these players prepped for sale or do you get a new guy in with a view to a new 3 year plan?

On balance I think it’s time to Twist
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:25 - Apr 23 with 2131 viewsessextaxiboy

Stick .. he deserves the chance to prove that the injuries made the difference . However he has burnt the goodwill time cushion with a lot of fans .
He needs a good start after this .
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:43 - Apr 23 with 2060 viewsDixie_CT

Stick but he will probably need to re-interview for his own job and explain why things have spiralled and what he can do about it. However, I fear the senate of egos will want and need to twist as a way of hiding there own failures and inadequacies.

If they do sack/don’t renew MW’s contract, I can see them going after Gary Rowett. Apparently Les has interviewed him for the job before it went to Holloway (I think) and it only went to Olly because Rowett rejected the opportunity.

As a club, I feel that we are not every managers cup of tea and without pots of gold to sweeten the deal, don’t have a huge pool of talent to pick from.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:56 - Apr 23 with 1994 viewsCamberleyR

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:43 - Apr 23 by Dixie_CT

Stick but he will probably need to re-interview for his own job and explain why things have spiralled and what he can do about it. However, I fear the senate of egos will want and need to twist as a way of hiding there own failures and inadequacies.

If they do sack/don’t renew MW’s contract, I can see them going after Gary Rowett. Apparently Les has interviewed him for the job before it went to Holloway (I think) and it only went to Olly because Rowett rejected the opportunity.

As a club, I feel that we are not every managers cup of tea and without pots of gold to sweeten the deal, don’t have a huge pool of talent to pick from.

" I can see them going after Gary Rowett"

Hope not. Rowett's football is dire. He wouldn't be a good fit at all. I'm in the stick camp but if we did go looking for a new manager I'd like to think we can use a bit more imagination than somebody off the English managerial merry go round.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:08 - Apr 23 with 1954 viewsOakR

Stick. Hugely disappointing end to the season, I think he has made some mistakes but ultimately he has done a good job over the season and his time with us.

Most players have got better with us, we've played some great football at times, had hope and feel like QPR again.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:10 - Apr 23 with 1939 viewsbaz_qpr

I would like to stick but given in all likelihood we are going to need probably 11 or 12 in, in the summer with Dickie and Willock almost certainly going out. If I was MW and wanted to progress my career I would go now having taken a team that was generally struggling to stay above the relegation zone to being playoff contenders (all be it with the collapse but he can. point to injuries to any prospective employer) and having created sellable assets.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:17 - Apr 23 with 1911 viewsHooparoo

How the hell can you not be motivated in a must win game? Sorry, but that’s down to the manager. Time for a change.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:19 - Apr 23 with 1900 viewsBerkoRanger

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:17 - Apr 23 by Hooparoo

How the hell can you not be motivated in a must win game? Sorry, but that’s down to the manager. Time for a change.

+1
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:25 - Apr 23 with 1884 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:17 - Apr 23 by Hooparoo

Why would the players need the manager to motivate them in a must win game?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:41 - Apr 23 with 1826 viewsJamesB1979

I’m concerned/worried/annoyed at that performance in such a big game. Especially against a team that has nothing to play for. We do have a lot of injuries but for me this form or lack of it started way before the injuries kicked in. It’s been a huge slide. Since 1st Jan we’ve picked up 25 points in 20 games….and we had a bloody great January…..although I’m not sure we performed great in many of those games. I thought based on Huddersfield 2nd half, that he’d found a way. Derby was
More of getting job done but today…..I just don’t know. I think twist because it’s poor form over such a long period. And he just doesn’t seem to know how to address the slide.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:52 - Apr 23 with 1791 viewsHooparoo

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:25 - Apr 23 by DejR_vu

Why would the players need the manager to motivate them in a must win game?

Buggered if I know as I always gave 100% in every match I played. There’s clearly something wrong but surely you give them a bollocking at half time and drag a couple off to make the point.

Not one shot on goal is completely unacceptable and I’ve seen enough.

Yours,

Pissed off of East Brisbane 😡
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 20:54]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:01 - Apr 23 with 1774 viewsbaz_qpr

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 20:52 - Apr 23 by Hooparoo

Buggered if I know as I always gave 100% in every match I played. There’s clearly something wrong but surely you give them a bollocking at half time and drag a couple off to make the point.

Not one shot on goal is completely unacceptable and I’ve seen enough.

Yours,

Pissed off of East Brisbane 😡
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 20:54]

Big difference between motivation and belief. I dont believe the players were not motivated, but I do think and saw with my eyes today players that totally lacked belief and guile. Dozzell totally guilty of playing the safe pass every time and also of not trying to grab hold of the game or a lock of belief / courage to do so.

Sanderson, I dont think he was not trying but he's a centre half being played out of position where he is the only one providing width on the right.

Amos another one today who struggled because the rest of the team was not functioning.

Dykes lost the first few headers and was crowded so lost his belief he could play against the 3 centre hales

Thomas tries super hard but lacks the belief that a) he will score or b) he can beat his man.

All those things add up. They were motivated for sure but dysfunctional and lost their belief they could win this game in the first 10 minutes
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:23 - Apr 23 with 1714 viewsactonman

To be in the position we were most of the season and then spectacularly implode tells me he is not the man to take us that step further ! (Not having the injury thing either as we were in decline for a while now )
However if we get rid and have no plan or an adequate replacement lined up then we may as well keep him and hope he can address the glaring deficiencies in the squad starting with defence / lack of pace and service to x2 strikers that rely on the ball being supplied to them remotely near the opposition goal once in a while.
All very qpr tbh
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:02 - Apr 23 with 1566 viewsLblock

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 19:20 - Apr 23 by MelakaRanger

After today’s match Warbs said

We knew what we had to do but we lacked any pace, purpose or intensity in the first half and that is the most frustrating thing.
“We never forced a save from the 'keeper. We have lost today to what, from our point of view, was a very poor goal and we lost with a whimper which is not the QPR way.”

It was his team selection, his tactics that resulted in this lack of pace, purpose etc. losing with a whimper is likewise down to him and his team and his tactics.

Absolute QPR are in a far better position now than when he joined us. He’s done a brilliant job. But there is no room for sentiment if you are driven to succeed. This is a results business and the board backed his signings in the summer and in January too. But the wheels fell off at Christmas and Warbs has been unable to fix things. And there’s no denying our 2022 form is relegation fight form.

Maybe he’s taken us as far a his abilities are able to. There’s no disgrace in that, everyone no matter what job they do has a ceiling as to their abilities.

Go back a few years and maybe Warnock too had reached his limit. After all he’s hardly been a successful Premiership manager but he’s been brilliant at various clubs in the championship.

I also suspect that the board will looki at the players Warbs brought in this summer and January. I think we can all agree that they have been as many duds than successes. And Januarys additions seem to have contributed to our rapid decline. I can’t see them backing him again this summer.
This season was the season they splashed what cash they had in the expectation of at least a playoff place from which we would have had a real chance of going up.

With the high wages of Chas, Stefan and low return they have offered I can’t see any more “expensive” players being brought in for at least a year or two (once those two have left and the payroll has subsequently reduced)

So Warbs or no Warbs, I can see next year being a year of regrouping and developing a couple of players for sale. Maybe summer 23 we will get good money for Dieng and Willock and possibly one other. Then with Chas gone and Johansen just 12 months from going the purse strings will get loosened again.

On that basis, do you keep Warbs 1 more year to get these players prepped for sale or do you get a new guy in with a view to a new 3 year plan?

On balance I think it’s time to Twist

In a nutshell

I wouldn’t trust another penny to anyone who signed Jaffa Cake Bonne

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:09 - Apr 23 with 1527 viewsQPsyR

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:02 - Apr 23 by Lblock

In a nutshell

I wouldn’t trust another penny to anyone who signed Jaffa Cake Bonne

I've never warmed to WarbleWrong so Twist. Whole club needs sorting out from top to bottom
A fckn disgrace
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 23:40]

FKA AcidPixie

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:15 - Apr 23 with 1502 viewsNottsQPR

The only, and I mean only man that should be considered should Warbs go is Ainsworth.

People can say what they like about his style of football but we need a degree of pragmatism.

Our budget would be like caviar and truffles for him.

He loves Rangers and he must be desperate for a next step.

Genuinely wouldn’t countenance anyone else.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:22 - Apr 23 with 1475 viewsHunterhoop

I’m in a slightly weird frame of mind on this and disagree with pretty much everyone on this thread.

I lean towards stick.

But I’ll be fine with whatever Les and Hoos do.

I just don’t think anyone can or should be “100%” in either camp.

He’s done a good job, speak well, and decent alternatives appear thin on the ground.

But he’s never got a team promoted from this league (our aim), our form for 3 months is relegation form, and I’ve heard stories I’ve been told in confidence that would make you seriously question his judgement.

It’s not black and white. Anyone who thinks it is, is in the wrong.

Les and Hoos have done an excellent job. I’ll support and trust in whatever decision and route they’ll take. And I’ll get behind my team fully. And I’ll renew.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024