Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread 20:20 - Aug 19 with 31417 viewsDorse

Interesting fact: Rotherham's badge depicts the first attempt at an inflatable helicopter, by Herbert Scranus in 1924. He reached a height of 18 feet before feeling airsick and puking his hoop all over the Duchess of Argyle who was guest of honour at the test flight. He was heard to state that the machine functioned as intended but 'his guts were fcuking rotten after 8 pints of mild and a slap up grill at Fatty Amal"s Kebab and Laudenum Emporium' the previous evening.

Sorry, what?
[Post edited 19 Aug 2022 20:22]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 19:36 - Aug 20 with 1779 viewsParkRoyalR

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 18:48 - Aug 20 by stanistheman

Agree it wasn't s bad performance and ref missed at least one pen for us, but not with two more signings for top 6.

Firstly there is no money and any loans will come with clauses that they start (Sanderson probably had the same one) and. maybe Beale wants to start with Dykes as I cannot see how a striker like Archer would not usually play instead of him. He scored 7 in 20 apps last season on loan at Preston compared to 9 in 33 (mostly starts).

As for the game he missed 1 chance Chair missed 2 as did Armstrong.
We do need a real striker, but where from?

I think Grabban might still be without a club. Maybe a 1year deal could be offered.

Archers 1 in 3 is only marginally better than Dykes (althou you have to factor in coming back from injury + penalties)

Thought Dykes all-around play was good v Blackpool but very average today, but was noticeable the attack lacked presence when he went off.

Don't get bringing Adomah + Shodipo on (two wingers) to service Armstrong (and not Dykes) and taking off two 10's who would better suit Armstrong's style of play, a bit of a head-scratcher that one!
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 19:46 - Aug 20 with 1715 viewsNorthantsHoop

Actually not too disappointed with a draw, we were creating chances, but not converting. Project Watford don't get tonked otherwise it is going to get difficult for Beale a little defeat is OK but a West Brom 2018 McLaren type stuffing and it will be difficult for him.
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 19:48 - Aug 20 with 1681 viewsjoe90

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 18:44 - Aug 20 by Harbour

The goal conceded reminded me of the Blackpool goal scored at second attempt very poor defending. But if we took the many gilt edge chances we had a different story. Loverly goal from Chris very clever putting where he did.

Should have had someone on the back post, they could have dealt with the initial ball.

I thought Rotherham were a lot worse than Blackpool, who judging by today’s result, aren’t as bad as some would like to believe.

Today was more disappointing than last Tuesday because it really highlighted our weakness.

I believe we have a team that are technically proficient enough to be playing much better than they are but for some reason don’t have the confidence/belief.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 20:06]
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 09:07 - Aug 21 with 1259 viewsDieByYourSide

Poor in both boxes.

Poll: And it's hi ho

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 10:03 - Aug 21 with 1184 viewsR_from_afar

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 17:02 - Aug 20 by Rangersw12

A bit meh

Dykes costs us again but we did look worse when he went off

Shodipo and Chair also failed to put away great chances

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 11:25 - Aug 21 with 1113 views89_50

Another frustrating result, but much better all-around performance.

I said I was concerned at the lack of crafted chances in the Boro game, so it was great to see so many actual chances created, rather than relying on mistakes, etc.

Thought Laird was, once again, superb. He's probably the best full-back we've had since Kyle Walker. A very complete player.

Willock was the best player on the pitch.

Chair was very busy and involved playing central and deeper. I like this version of Chair. Missing that chance in the second half, aside, I thought he was very good, although still holding onto the ball too much. The small handful of times he released it quickly we scored, and eventually had scoring opportunites.

Thought Roberts was also great. When he's got 90 minutes in his legs, we'll be better off.

I don't need to harp on about the profligacy in front of goal. We all saw and know what the issue was.

I'm not going to go in on Dykes too much either, because it's clear to see he's not the required level.

My concern is what happens next.

Do we suck it up, carry on with him as number 9 and hope for goals from elsewhere to eek us to 50 points?

MB said earlier in the summer that we won't know about further additions until late in the window, so the next 10 days will be really interesting as to what we can realistically bring in on loan.

Looks like Bonne is grabbing his coat and leaving, so would it make sense to use any money generated there to throw at an unfancied PL loanee just so we have someone who can poke a ball home?

Or would that be kicking the can down the road?
The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 12:48 - Aug 21 with 1002 viewsnix

The 'Fcuk It, I'll Do It' Rotherham Match Thread on 11:25 - Aug 21 by 89_50

Another frustrating result, but much better all-around performance.

I said I was concerned at the lack of crafted chances in the Boro game, so it was great to see so many actual chances created, rather than relying on mistakes, etc.

Thought Laird was, once again, superb. He's probably the best full-back we've had since Kyle Walker. A very complete player.

Willock was the best player on the pitch.

Chair was very busy and involved playing central and deeper. I like this version of Chair. Missing that chance in the second half, aside, I thought he was very good, although still holding onto the ball too much. The small handful of times he released it quickly we scored, and eventually had scoring opportunites.

Thought Roberts was also great. When he's got 90 minutes in his legs, we'll be better off.

I don't need to harp on about the profligacy in front of goal. We all saw and know what the issue was.

I'm not going to go in on Dykes too much either, because it's clear to see he's not the required level.

My concern is what happens next.

Do we suck it up, carry on with him as number 9 and hope for goals from elsewhere to eek us to 50 points?

MB said earlier in the summer that we won't know about further additions until late in the window, so the next 10 days will be really interesting as to what we can realistically bring in on loan.

Looks like Bonne is grabbing his coat and leaving, so would it make sense to use any money generated there to throw at an unfancied PL loanee just so we have someone who can poke a ball home?

Or would that be kicking the can down the road?

I think we would get someone in if we could but I think a proven, if older, Prem level striker would cost oodles more than Bonne even if we could move him on.

I think we've been focusing on getting a replacement in terms of chance creation for Willock if he goes, hence Roberts and Richards, and hoping we'd score goals throughout the team to make up for not having a prolific striker.

The money just isn't there for much else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024