Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorinola 16:45 - Oct 23 with 2733 viewsunion_jack

OK, did nothing wrong today but nothing right either! Took his man on once and put in a weak cross is all I remember.

I really don’t see what he brings to the side. We definitely need better on the flanks.

By all means wait until tomorrow to reply if you’d rather bask in the many positivities of today rather than this one negative point.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sorinola on 16:48 - Oct 23 with 1933 viewsangryjack

Both flanks need to offer a lot more
Sorinola on 17:08 - Oct 23 with 1888 viewsWhiterockin

I can't believe that we persist on playing down the Sorinola flank when there is more space on the other wing and it is often ignored.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Sorinola on 17:13 - Oct 23 with 1851 viewsCatullus

Sorinola on 17:08 - Oct 23 by Whiterockin

I can't believe that we persist on playing down the Sorinola flank when there is more space on the other wing and it is often ignored.

We had so much time and space down both flanks but took to long getting crosses in, neither side providing brilliant stuff for most of the game.

We didn't have to be brilliant though, after the sending off Cardiff offered very little. we had 83% possession, we should have scored at least 2 more, Obafemi should have had a hat trick!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sorinola on 17:15 - Oct 23 with 1831 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

They play so high up the pitch has to be worth playing oko

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Sorinola on 17:17 - Oct 23 with 1816 viewsunion_jack

Sorinola on 17:15 - Oct 23 by PatchesOHoulihan

They play so high up the pitch has to be worth playing oko

From the little I’ve seen he looks to have the pace to take defenders in. Surprised he’s not been used more.

Sorinola on 17:17 - Oct 23 with 1813 viewsWhiterockin

Sorinola on 17:13 - Oct 23 by Catullus

We had so much time and space down both flanks but took to long getting crosses in, neither side providing brilliant stuff for most of the game.

We didn't have to be brilliant though, after the sending off Cardiff offered very little. we had 83% possession, we should have scored at least 2 more, Obafemi should have had a hat trick!

Best not mention the possession it's far to high, we will get nowhere with a stat like that.

Sorinola on 17:18 - Oct 23 with 1803 viewsTreforys_Jack

Both wingbacks are frustrating, but at least in Lati's defence, he isn't one. Not sure what Sorinola's preferred position is tbh.
Sorinola on 17:24 - Oct 23 with 1778 viewsvetchonian

Sorinola on 17:17 - Oct 23 by Whiterockin

Best not mention the possession it's far to high, we will get nowhere with a stat like that.

it just shows how this obsession with possesion doesnt mean it makes you successful...we had 83% against 10 men yet struggled to score just 2 goals

I'm not going to get into debate tonight we won 3 points on the bag....I'm happy

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Sorinola on 17:27 - Oct 23 with 1765 viewsWhiterockin

Sorinola on 17:24 - Oct 23 by vetchonian

it just shows how this obsession with possesion doesnt mean it makes you successful...we had 83% against 10 men yet struggled to score just 2 goals

I'm not going to get into debate tonight we won 3 points on the bag....I'm happy

Exactly enjoy the win.

Sorinola on 17:30 - Oct 23 with 1744 viewsCatullus

Sorinola on 17:17 - Oct 23 by Whiterockin

It wasn't the hgh possessin that won us the game, it was scoring 2 goals and not conceding any. We have done that with much less possession, 49% in one game.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Sorinola on 17:31 - Oct 23 with 1738 viewsDr_Winston

Sorinola on 17:18 - Oct 23 by Treforys_Jack

Both wingbacks are frustrating, but at least in Lati's defence, he isn't one. Not sure what Sorinola's preferred position is tbh.

They both lack pace.

They're doing a job in terms of maintaining the shape of the side and providing an outlet, but neither of them have got the raw speed to get around the defence so moves often come to a sputtering halt.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sorinola on 17:38 - Oct 23 with 1711 viewsCatullus

Sorinola on 17:31 - Oct 23 by Dr_Winston

They both lack pace.

They're doing a job in terms of maintaining the shape of the side and providing an outlet, but neither of them have got the raw speed to get around the defence so moves often come to a sputtering halt.

I was all for bringing on Oko-Flex after 45. I thought some pace would do better, and a decent cross wouldn't hurt.

That said, we won so what the phluck!

Sorinola on 17:56 - Oct 23 with 1669 viewsKeithHaynes

Sorinola is too weak to play the game he wants.
If we had Dyer today we would have scored six.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sorinola on 19:06 - Oct 23 with 1604 viewsDracan66

He rarely takes a man on the outside and prefers the safer option of passing to a defender, killing the attacking build up stone dead. Upgrade required.
Sorinola on 19:18 - Oct 23 with 1578 viewsunion_jack

Sorinola on 19:06 - Oct 23 by Dracan66

He rarely takes a man on the outside and prefers the safer option of passing to a defender, killing the attacking build up stone dead. Upgrade required.

It’s because he can’t! That’s the problem, he’s not up to it.

Sorinola on 19:22 - Oct 23 with 1562 viewsBarrySwan

He's not the greatest is he?

Reasonable first touch but struggles to take on and actually beat anyone.

A decent left winger would have had a field day today.
Sorinola on 19:24 - Oct 23 with 1560 viewsDr_Winston

It should be fairly obvious by now given Martin's defence of playing Latibeaudiere out wide that "taking a man on the outside" is only a secondary objective of the role. For all anyone knows RM is quite happy to persist with the pair of them.

To be honest given the lack of chances Oko-Flex and Stevens have had it's the most obvious conclusion to draw. I don't much like it, obviously others don't either, but given recent results it seems to be working.

Singling Sorinola out for special criticism is pointless.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sorinola on 19:29 - Oct 23 with 1550 viewsGixerJack

Sorinola on 17:30 - Oct 23 by Catullus

It wasn't the hgh possessin that won us the game, it was scoring 2 goals and not conceding any. We have done that with much less possession, 49% in one game.

I think the high possession stat probably contributed massively to the nil against though
Sorinola on 19:38 - Oct 23 with 1517 viewsunion_jack

Sorinola on 19:24 - Oct 23 by Dr_Winston

It should be fairly obvious by now given Martin's defence of playing Latibeaudiere out wide that "taking a man on the outside" is only a secondary objective of the role. For all anyone knows RM is quite happy to persist with the pair of them.

To be honest given the lack of chances Oko-Flex and Stevens have had it's the most obvious conclusion to draw. I don't much like it, obviously others don't either, but given recent results it seems to be working.

Singling Sorinola out for special criticism is pointless.

I don’t like singling players out as a rule but looking at his performance today in isolation I think it’s worthy if some debate.

He doesn’t have the pace, guile or strength to take a man in the outside but if he did I’m sure we’d have created more chances again.

It’s similar the other side but we found more success there today.

I’d like to see Ono Flex get some more time though as I think he’s got that in his locker.

Sorinola on 19:41 - Oct 23 with 1509 viewsAnotherJohn

Must say I found him the most frustrating of our players today. He starts with the same little dance in the direction of the defenders, but then turns back and makes a safe pass that puts us further from the opponent's goal than where we started.
Sorinola on 19:46 - Oct 23 with 1497 viewsDr_Winston

Sorinola on 19:38 - Oct 23 by union_jack

I don’t like singling players out as a rule but looking at his performance today in isolation I think it’s worthy if some debate.

He doesn’t have the pace, guile or strength to take a man in the outside but if he did I’m sure we’d have created more chances again.

It’s similar the other side but we found more success there today.

I’d like to see Ono Flex get some more time though as I think he’s got that in his locker.

He's decent but not great. Can do a job but probably shouldn't be first choice. That seems to be about the gist of it. There's a couple of other players in the same position.

Sorinola on 19:55 - Oct 23 with 1488 viewslifelong

If you’d care to watch the game again you will see that Sorinola put in at least 6 quality crosses today, one of which was the blatant hand ball by the Cardiff defender.
Sorinola on 20:14 - Oct 23 with 1449 viewsItchySphincter

Sorinola on 19:55 - Oct 23 by lifelong

If you’d care to watch the game again you will see that Sorinola put in at least 6 quality crosses today, one of which was the blatant hand ball by the Cardiff defender.

Latibaudiere also put in his share. Unfairly maligned. Not the answer in that position but a decent soldier.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Sorinola on 20:16 - Oct 23 with 1439 viewsRichardO

With the space we had on the right between them Latibeaudie and/or Cundle put in a number of low balls into 6 yard box we didn't get anyone in on one which went straight though, one we didn't get anyone across the front post leaving their own player to clattering there own keeper given how in disarray they were, one Cooper had a swing at and missed whether a defending got a touch before who knows.

Runs we made into space behind the full backs but they either weren't seen, passes too slow late or long.
Sorinola on 21:17 - Oct 23 with 1369 viewsBadlands

Got to wonder why Oko is getting splinters while Sorinola starts.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024