Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones 13:19 - Nov 7 with 14143 viewssaints__fan__73

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2022/november/nathan-jones-southampton/

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:57 - Nov 7 with 2819 viewsGRIM

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:43 - Nov 7 by BLEEDRED

If Jones is the standard we are after then we might as well given our Nigel a go, at least he knows the club and is still popular

My elation hearing that RH had been sacked (but I do wish him well) has quickly turned to deflation.
I thought it was an opportunity for an upgrade on RH not a downgrade.
First thing NJ has to do is win over the fans & that's going to be tough.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:59 - Nov 7 with 2808 viewsSouthamptonfan

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 18:57 - Nov 7 by GRIM

My elation hearing that RH had been sacked (but I do wish him well) has quickly turned to deflation.
I thought it was an opportunity for an upgrade on RH not a downgrade.
First thing NJ has to do is win over the fans & that's going to be tough.

You thought it was an opportunity for an upgrade? You do realise, Ralph was only part of the problem and that the biggest problem is an unambitious board, trying to do things on the cheap. It's been the same for years.

Getting rid of Ralph will only result in another average manager who will eventually struggle and face the same problems. Namely, our squad being vastly inferior to other more ambitious PL.clubs like Villa.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2022 19:02]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 19:02 - Nov 7 with 2792 viewsmushinexile

Sadly, I think the philosophy is all wrong. We are not top six material, I get it, but a little ambition wouldn't go amiss. Staying in the EPL would be an enormous achievement in the miserable state we are currently in but aiming above tenth is surely a minimum aspiration for any premiership club. A club that buys the cheapest of everything it can get will get the poorest quality of player and the poorest quality of manager. The owners will lose a packet if they do not address this. Buy a decent manager and somebody who can send a football where he intends it to go. It will be much more cost effective in the short and medium term and might even be profitable!
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 19:04 - Nov 7 with 2778 viewsSouthamptonfan

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 19:02 - Nov 7 by mushinexile

Sadly, I think the philosophy is all wrong. We are not top six material, I get it, but a little ambition wouldn't go amiss. Staying in the EPL would be an enormous achievement in the miserable state we are currently in but aiming above tenth is surely a minimum aspiration for any premiership club. A club that buys the cheapest of everything it can get will get the poorest quality of player and the poorest quality of manager. The owners will lose a packet if they do not address this. Buy a decent manager and somebody who can send a football where he intends it to go. It will be much more cost effective in the short and medium term and might even be profitable!

Exactly, this club has been taking the fans for fools for years. The fans think it's the manager, but I would bet my house things won't change very much.

Nonetheless, Jones needs to be given chance. He might turn out to be good.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2022 19:05]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 20:26 - Nov 7 with 2680 viewsmushinexile

I don't think the club has been taking us for fools. I honestly believe that they are unaware of what is needed to make a successful organisation and to keep it going.
Markus put in good people, not just good money.
Our current owners are doing it from a management textbook because they don't have the talent to think any other way. That shows a lack of basic ability which means they are simply more incompetent than malicious.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 21:02 - Nov 7 with 2582 viewskernow

Nor a very comforting synopsis for Saints fans .
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 22:00 - Nov 7 with 2499 viewsCenturion

Seems like a similar appointment as the appointment of Paul Sturrock. The majority of fans were looking forward to the appointment of the very high profile and ex England manager Glenn Hoddle, but they bottled out due to a very vocal minority of Saints supporters.

Luggy IMO set the wheels rolling for our eventual relegation.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 22:17 - Nov 7 with 2450 viewsSalisburySaint

Can believe all the negativity on here

I know he was rubbish at Stoke, but he’s done a good job at Luton on a limited budget, give himself chance FFS before you start moaning
Login to get fewer ads

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 00:19 - Nov 8 with 2310 viewsdirk_doone

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 22:17 - Nov 7 by SalisburySaint

Can believe all the negativity on here

I know he was rubbish at Stoke, but he’s done a good job at Luton on a limited budget, give himself chance FFS before you start moaning

Interesting post from Saintsweb:

"Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd
Luton are my second team. I watch them as much as I watch Saints. There's no doubt that Jones has done a great job at Luton, but this is his level. His football is poor. He's a Dave Bassett, Neil Warnock kind of manager. Luton work hard but they're not great to watch. Despite his relative success, I really don't like him at all. He's a badge kissing, chest thumping moron with a bit of an ego. He jumped ship at the first opportunity when he went to Stoke and then came back with his tail between his legs. A lot of Luton fans still dislike him for that. I'd say a lot of his success is actually down to the fans being the 12th man and making Kenilworth Road a bit intimidating. It's a small noisy ground, the fans get behind the team and he plays up to that.

Tactically, he's nothing special and I don't see him being able to hack it at Premiership level with a big ground full of fans who don't really get behind the team. No disrespect, but our fans aren't exactly the noisiest bunch and St. Mary's isn't somewhere that intimidates opposing teams.

This is a bizarre decision as spit and sawdust managers like Jones never last in the top flight. They're not about playing nice attractive football. It's about all being physical and let's be honest, Saint's aren't exactly a physical team.

I think he'll be out of his depth and is in for a massive shock. I think our players are in for a bigger shock, and I think our fans are already in shock."

This bit reminds me of the Harry Redknapp appointment that got us relegated: " He's a badge kissing, chest thumping moron with a bit of an ego. He jumped ship at the first opportunity when he went to Stoke and then came back with his tail between his legs. A lot of Luton fans still dislike him for that."
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 0:25]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 01:56 - Nov 8 with 2277 viewswashington_saint

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 00:19 - Nov 8 by dirk_doone

Interesting post from Saintsweb:

"Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd
Luton are my second team. I watch them as much as I watch Saints. There's no doubt that Jones has done a great job at Luton, but this is his level. His football is poor. He's a Dave Bassett, Neil Warnock kind of manager. Luton work hard but they're not great to watch. Despite his relative success, I really don't like him at all. He's a badge kissing, chest thumping moron with a bit of an ego. He jumped ship at the first opportunity when he went to Stoke and then came back with his tail between his legs. A lot of Luton fans still dislike him for that. I'd say a lot of his success is actually down to the fans being the 12th man and making Kenilworth Road a bit intimidating. It's a small noisy ground, the fans get behind the team and he plays up to that.

Tactically, he's nothing special and I don't see him being able to hack it at Premiership level with a big ground full of fans who don't really get behind the team. No disrespect, but our fans aren't exactly the noisiest bunch and St. Mary's isn't somewhere that intimidates opposing teams.

This is a bizarre decision as spit and sawdust managers like Jones never last in the top flight. They're not about playing nice attractive football. It's about all being physical and let's be honest, Saint's aren't exactly a physical team.

I think he'll be out of his depth and is in for a massive shock. I think our players are in for a bigger shock, and I think our fans are already in shock."

This bit reminds me of the Harry Redknapp appointment that got us relegated: " He's a badge kissing, chest thumping moron with a bit of an ego. He jumped ship at the first opportunity when he went to Stoke and then came back with his tail between his legs. A lot of Luton fans still dislike him for that."
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 0:25]

You do realize this poster (Sidney Fudpucker) is a massive WUM/troll who posts things just to get bites don't you?

I'm not saying Jones will be good (in fact I am completely underwhelmed) but we have to give him a chance. Not sure many fans will though - if he does not hit the ground running I think it will get unpleasant very quickly.

Sports Republic are making a big call and if they get this wrong I think the fans will be very unforgiving.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 06:30 - Nov 8 with 2179 viewsdwayne_dibley

but do Sports Republic care what fans think. They see them as cash cow customers. You buy a ST which gets you entrance to 19 home games and the chance to overpay at poorly managed beverage outlets.

Looking more like preparations for the Championship every day

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 07:07 - Nov 8 with 2148 viewsCapt_Koons

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 06:30 - Nov 8 by dwayne_dibley

but do Sports Republic care what fans think. They see them as cash cow customers. You buy a ST which gets you entrance to 19 home games and the chance to overpay at poorly managed beverage outlets.

Looking more like preparations for the Championship every day

I wanted Ralph out, he'd had his chance and a fresh approach is/was well overdue. But if Narhan Jones is the fresh approach, I'd rather we had stuck with Ralph.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 09:07 - Nov 8 with 2020 viewsBLEEDRED

I understand that Nathan Jones is very good friends with our Director of Football and this has been planned for some time
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 09:16 - Nov 8 with 2001 viewsHeisenberg

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 16:19 - Nov 7 by 1885_SFC

Jones is well known for working with young players & bringing them through to first team appearances.

He's also used to working with very, VERY tight budgets.

No wonder he was (probably) the first name on the board's manager recruitment sheet.

He’s got no experience of managing in top flight football. It’s a ridiculous appointment. The club and fans needs a lift. Totally uninspiring if it’s Jones.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 09:40 - Nov 8 with 1970 viewsChesham_Saint

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 09:16 - Nov 8 by Heisenberg

He’s got no experience of managing in top flight football. It’s a ridiculous appointment. The club and fans needs a lift. Totally uninspiring if it’s Jones.

If we appoint this cretin it will be a massively retrograde step. It will be on a par with Stuart Gray, and that's saying something. If the current owners have anything about them they will appoint someone far more credible.

If not, it will show them to be the piss-ant speculators I fear they are.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 10:32 - Nov 8 with 1911 viewsbarry_sanchez

This appointment sets such a low bar I even think think Gray was a higher one, can we f**k off moneyball and buy established players and youth like other clubs who appear light years ahead? We only sell them anyway so long term who does it actually benefit? Not the supporters or the continuity of the side thats for sure.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 11:44 - Nov 8 with 1801 viewsBLEEDRED

He may well be a success and take the team up the table, but it is a gamble, it seems the owners like a gamble, just buy unproven players and hope it works, and they can make a profit
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 12:11 - Nov 8 with 1753 viewsbarry_sanchez

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 11:44 - Nov 8 by BLEEDRED

He may well be a success and take the team up the table, but it is a gamble, it seems the owners like a gamble, just buy unproven players and hope it works, and they can make a profit

How good is that for the fans though, just warming up players for the bigger teams to buy, there has to be more than simply surviving, making money or the possibility of money for the board on gambling our status on unknowns, not all teams are size choose to do that or show such scant regard for the fans.
Bollocks to being a stepping stone.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 17:09 - Nov 8 with 1581 viewsdwayne_dibley

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 12:11 - Nov 8 by barry_sanchez

How good is that for the fans though, just warming up players for the bigger teams to buy, there has to be more than simply surviving, making money or the possibility of money for the board on gambling our status on unknowns, not all teams are size choose to do that or show such scant regard for the fans.
Bollocks to being a stepping stone.

you are just a cash cow customer, does buying a teabag give you the right to say how Asda should be run?

Want an actual say then stump up £250,000,000.42 and buy the club

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 17:33 - Nov 8 with 1550 viewsmushinexile

That isn't the point. If the owner wants JUST to make money at all costs, they can sell the players, the training ground and the stadium. Sod the fans or the employees. The current owners are on record as saying that they won't be spending much. I am all for the club being a viable and self financing business but I don't see this happening through a commitment to high quality entertaining football. One day people will realise that branding is not the same thing as providing a quality product. The owners need to be powered by a love of football and the desire to do well on the pitch before the stock exchange. I fear that has been lost.
Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 05:50 - Nov 9 with 1386 viewsPatfromPoole

“You never fail. You just learn”.

Right you are 🙄

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11405183/LEWIS-STEELE-New-Sai

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 06:39 - Nov 9 with 1345 viewssaint68

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 05:50 - Nov 9 by PatfromPoole

“You never fail. You just learn”.

Right you are 🙄

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11405183/LEWIS-STEELE-New-Sai

Uninspiring and dangerous appointment...just what the players and supporters didn't want or need....

That interview reads like a car crash....

Still I'm sure Sports Republic know what they're doing 🤔

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 08:11 - Nov 9 with 1277 viewsdarthvader

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 06:39 - Nov 9 by saint68

Uninspiring and dangerous appointment...just what the players and supporters didn't want or need....

That interview reads like a car crash....

Still I'm sure Sports Republic know what they're doing 🤔

They don't. They just want money. Buying cheap and paying cheaper. Hoping to sell for millions more.

Nathan Jones could be a major Bananarama skin

keep the faith coyr

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 08:43 - Nov 9 with 1247 viewsdwayne_dibley

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 08:11 - Nov 9 by darthvader

They don't. They just want money. Buying cheap and paying cheaper. Hoping to sell for millions more.

Nathan Jones could be a major Bananarama skin

Bananarama does wonders for the 4skin

Permission given to speak to Nathan Jones on 10:04 - Nov 9 with 1197 viewssledger

think we are running a bit hot on this one,hes got an interview,probably on a shortlist of half a dozen
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024