Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:45 - Apr 7 with 22779 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Watching him walking around the pitch at the end, he looked haunted.

I'm not saying he looked like a bloke saying adieu, but he sure as shit would bite your hand off to turn the clock back to say to QPR: thanks, but I'm staying at WWFC.

Utterly, utterly appalling performance today.

Oh, and I'm not sure who's responsible for overseeing deadball delivery practice sessions, but whoever it is, they clearly have no idea where the fcuking goal is!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ainsworth on 23:08 - Apr 8 with 3390 viewsridethewave

Ainsworth on 20:44 - Apr 7 by ted_hendrix

I'll take GA's hoof ball long ball or whatever ball anybody want's to call It for the remaining six games if It got us a couple of wins and kept us In this league.
It'll be crap to watch so what? survival In this league this season is paramount, for me relegation is/would be a disaster for QPR.
Yes I can take a few hoof games and a few dodgy results to get us over the line and safe.
Having said all that I believe we are relegated now anyway, I'm just clutching the last few remaining straws.

Keep clutching (as we all are) but whether we’re relegated or not, we’re stuck with this hoof ball (in fact that is being unfair on hoof ball) for the next three and a half years. Regardless of what league we’re in, it’s unwatchable.
Ainsworth on 23:56 - Apr 8 with 3263 viewsconnell10

We have got worse under Gaz , wrong bloke for the job and picked to placate the crowd.....that worked well...personally I'd have had Warnock back.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ainsworth (n/t) on 00:34 - Apr 9 with 3187 viewsPunteR

[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 8:02]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ainsworth on 10:20 - Apr 9 with 3044 viewsterryb

Ainsworth on 23:56 - Apr 8 by connell10

We have got worse under Gaz , wrong bloke for the job and picked to placate the crowd.....that worked well...personally I'd have had Warnock back.

I think he was already at Huddersfield.
Ainsworth on 11:42 - Apr 9 with 2950 viewsconnell10

Ainsworth on 10:20 - Apr 9 by terryb

"Have" is the word I used Tel , yes that boat has sadly sailed

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ainsworth on 12:22 - Apr 9 with 2851 viewsbob566

Ainsworth on 18:24 - Apr 7 by kropotkin41

There must be a major disconnect between training and play. It's hard to explain otherwise. I reckon there should be an investigation into betting irregularities.

I was thinking that too. I mean how can you be playing to go top in October and then nearly lose every game since.
Ainsworth on 12:25 - Apr 9 with 2844 viewsjohncharles

Ainsworth on 10:20 - Apr 9 by terryb

Could have kidnapped him. Sounds desperate but man, we are desperate.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 12:26]

Strong and stable my arse.

Ainsworth on 12:29 - Apr 9 with 2828 viewsjohncharles

Ainsworth on 17:52 - Apr 7 by ted_hendrix

I said after the Brum game that I thought we were getting worse, just at a time when the last thing we needed at that time was to get worse.
I can only remember one shot on target today and that second goal?? dear me that was Sunday morning in the park defending.
We're getting worse by the minute....................

Just when you thought It couldn't get any worse

As a QPR supporter you should know that the words “at least it can’t get any worse” are forbidden

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 12:38 - Apr 9 with 2806 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth on 20:44 - Apr 7 by ted_hendrix

I'll take GA's hoof ball long ball or whatever ball anybody want's to call It for the remaining six games if It got us a couple of wins and kept us In this league.
It'll be crap to watch so what? survival In this league this season is paramount, for me relegation is/would be a disaster for QPR.
Yes I can take a few hoof games and a few dodgy results to get us over the line and safe.
Having said all that I believe we are relegated now anyway, I'm just clutching the last few remaining straws.

The problem is this style isn't getting us results and doesn't look like it will
Ainsworth on 12:42 - Apr 9 with 2801 viewsplasmahoop

The squad is so lame and sick, I don't think anyone could turn it around. I do though think Gareth ainsworth deserves a bit more respect for what he did at Wycombe though. People are saying that no other team would give him a job, but why not? He's got a good record over a long period of time. Beale had never actually done anything before and critchley was at blackpool for five minutes before sodding off. Yes appointing ainsworth probably is muddled thinking as the squad needs a rebuild, but that isn't his fault. And as it would appear that we are doomed to relegation he looks like the ideal.andidate to rebuild on a low budget in league 1
Ainsworth on 13:02 - Apr 9 with 2744 viewsCamberleyR

Ainsworth on 12:42 - Apr 9 by plasmahoop

The squad is so lame and sick, I don't think anyone could turn it around. I do though think Gareth ainsworth deserves a bit more respect for what he did at Wycombe though. People are saying that no other team would give him a job, but why not? He's got a good record over a long period of time. Beale had never actually done anything before and critchley was at blackpool for five minutes before sodding off. Yes appointing ainsworth probably is muddled thinking as the squad needs a rebuild, but that isn't his fault. And as it would appear that we are doomed to relegation he looks like the ideal.andidate to rebuild on a low budget in league 1

"he looks like the ideal.andidate to rebuild on a low budget in league 1"

The trouble with that is if he goes down the same player recruitment route he did at WW, it'll be late 20s/early 30s journeymen with no sell on rather than young, undiscovered rough diamonds.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ainsworth on 13:54 - Apr 9 with 2636 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ainsworth on 17:59 - Apr 9 with 2352 viewsDamo1962

Ainsworth on 13:02 - Apr 9 by CamberleyR

The trouble with that is if he goes down the same player recruitment route he did at WW, it'll be late 20s/early 30s journeymen with no sell on rather than young, undiscovered rough diamonds.

I just want a team that competes and wins more than it loses. GA has a monumental job on his hands, and we need to let him get on with it his way.I get what you say about the sell-on business, but these "rough diamonds" are the main reason we are heading for L1. Stabilize on the pitch first...then worry about producing the next generation.
Ainsworth on 18:49 - Apr 9 with 2266 viewsSaint_Christopher

Ainsworth on 12:22 - Apr 9 by bob566

I was thinking that too. I mean how can you be playing to go top in October and then nearly lose every game since.

Rearrange the following sentence for the answer,

Hypocrite a lying is Beale (hmm, actually works without rearranging if your name is Yoda).

Gaz is working with the after effects of Boil's betrayal (sloppy leftovers) and Crotch's tactic of blame the players every other sentence (even sloppier leftovers and 18th century man-management in a nutshell - he'd have probably flogged them in the street too if it was still allowed). I think it's fair to say we may have been overachieving back in October but everything that has played out between then and Gaz coming in has left him with a shattered squad that probably feel they can't trust anyone outside themselves right now. Ainsworth played no part in that but he is the one that has to fix it and he'll need the Summer to get that process rolling.

It really is the perfect recipe for relegation but y'know what, we've been there once and got back from it and we'll do it again if we have to. The bright side, if there is one, is that relegation would also make it easier to overhaul the squad as any "agitators" will likely be among the first to jump ship. Whatever division we start next season in, let's Judge him after 15 games with his team, rather than now, when all he has to work with is the wreckage of the two previous clowns.
Ainsworth on 19:41 - Apr 9 with 2173 viewsHarbour

Ainsworth on 12:38 - Apr 9 by daveB

The problem is this style isn't getting us results and doesn't look like it will

Is Gareth able to change his tactics for the players he has or is he stuck in the style he adopted at Wycombe? It can’t just be more effort and intensity although that is needed …the tactics have to be right as well and not seen much evidence the tactics are working. Will he change tactics …can he change in the remaining games?
Ainsworth on 19:57 - Apr 9 with 2121 viewswesty

Ainsworth on 13:02 - Apr 9 by CamberleyR

Not strictly true. He has just sold Mehmeti for a substantial amount. True at WW he built his team around mid twenties to early thirties. No bad thing and was actually very successful on what was a tiny budget in comparison.

Also he had some very good links with PL clubs in getting younger guys in on loan.
A product which worked well at WW.

Yes he will need to change a bit but not so much as I don’t see QPR in such an amazing financial situation at present so I’m sure we will be heavily reliant yet again on loan signings as the academy is obviously not producing the numbers it should be. None of which can be aimed at GA.

All this shit about Hoof Ball etc etc amuses me as do we really think QPR are the Barca of the championship.

People bemoaning the tactics against Watford. It’s what the smaller clubs have to do and unfortunately that’s the category we find ourselves in right now.
Again not the fault of GA.
Ainsworth on 20:06 - Apr 9 with 2102 views1JD

Ainsworth on 19:41 - Apr 9 by Harbour

Is Gareth able to change his tactics for the players he has or is he stuck in the style he adopted at Wycombe? It can’t just be more effort and intensity although that is needed …the tactics have to be right as well and not seen much evidence the tactics are working. Will he change tactics …can he change in the remaining games?

If you have followed his managerial career, like Holloway, he doesn’t believe in a progressive passing style of football. There are multiple public statements that back this up from his time at Wycombe. And at QPR, the evidence is, of course, on the pitch,

The challenge here is that it is not a matter of can he change the tactics? Not only does he have zero experience in doing so, he doesn’t believe in anything other than his style of play. Holloway was the same.

They are staunch direct football proponents, with the philosophy of a an underdog mentality (in other words, second best, from the outset). They choose to compete instead through hard work, rather than through talent, technique or skill. When in reality, you need a mix of both. But with Ainsworth, and Holloway, it is overly weighted to the former I.e. workrate. The problem being that this only suits a certain type of player, level, and club.
Ainsworth on 21:59 - Apr 9 with 1952 viewsDorse

Look, I may be drunk, really drunk, but it is important to remember that Ainsworth is the only manager we've ever had who looks good in leather.

Yes it is.

No, you shut up
[Post edited 9 Apr 2023 22:11]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ainsworth on 22:00 - Apr 9 with 1931 viewsPunteR

Ainsworth on 21:59 - Apr 9 by Dorse

Look, I may be drunk, really drunk, but it is important to remember that Ainsworth is the only manager we've ever had who looks good in leather.

Yes it is.

No, you shut up

Taxi for Dorse!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ainsworth on 22:09 - Apr 9 with 1917 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 21:59 - Apr 9 by Dorse

Yes it is.

No, you shut up

Do your stuff DannyPaddox!
Ainsworth on 22:12 - Apr 9 with 1906 viewsDorse

Ainsworth on 22:09 - Apr 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Do your stuff DannyPaddox!

Oh God.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ainsworth on 22:49 - Apr 9 with 1855 viewsdaveB

Although this is no doubt a tough job we were 8 points clear of the bottom 3 when he took over, since then 2 teams around us have had points deductions and our 8 fixtures under him so far have seen us play the bottom 2 (lost both) and an awful Birmingham team (lost) so as tough as it is Ainsworth has to take a fair chunk of blame here if we end up relegated, no way should we have been given the position he took over and what's happened to Reading & Wigan
Ainsworth on 23:18 - Apr 9 with 1769 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 22:49 - Apr 9 by daveB

Although this is no doubt a tough job we were 8 points clear of the bottom 3 when he took over, since then 2 teams around us have had points deductions and our 8 fixtures under him so far have seen us play the bottom 2 (lost both) and an awful Birmingham team (lost) so as tough as it is Ainsworth has to take a fair chunk of blame here if we end up relegated, no way should we have been given the position he took over and what's happened to Reading & Wigan

Four managers (all respected and successful elsewhere) in a row have overseen this club on a downward spiral over the space of two years.

It's not the manager. I give no blame to Ainsworth.
Ainsworth on 23:40 - Apr 9 with 1683 viewsdaveB

Ainsworth on 23:18 - Apr 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Four managers (all respected and successful elsewhere) in a row have overseen this club on a downward spiral over the space of two years.

It's not the manager. I give no blame to Ainsworth.

So does manager have no accountability? I'm not saying it's all Ainsworths fault, it clearly isn't, but how we have played, the teams and tactics the in game changes are surely down to him otherwise why is he here. I'm sure if we had won a few more games he'd be getting praised rather than us saying good results are nothing to do with him
Ainsworth on 00:37 - Apr 10 with 1576 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Ainsworth on 23:40 - Apr 9 by daveB

So does manager have no accountability? I'm not saying it's all Ainsworths fault, it clearly isn't, but how we have played, the teams and tactics the in game changes are surely down to him otherwise why is he here. I'm sure if we had won a few more games he'd be getting praised rather than us saying good results are nothing to do with him

No, in this case I don’t really think the manager has any accountability other than in regards to instances of gross Paul Hart style incompetence, of which I have seen none from either Critchley or Ainsworth. Sam Field as a RW comes close I suppose.

I‘ve not seen anything disastrous in his tactics. If you are working with players either so shellshocked or so belligerent that they can’t pass a ball over five yards then tactics don’t really matter do they?

The ONLY thing this club hasn’t tried is stability for stability sake. 12 managers or whatever it is can’t all be wrong. Ainsworth is proven both in League One and the Championship.

It’s the club not him In my opinion and we should stick with no matter what.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024