Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:45 - Apr 7 with 21965 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Watching him walking around the pitch at the end, he looked haunted.

I'm not saying he looked like a bloke saying adieu, but he sure as shit would bite your hand off to turn the clock back to say to QPR: thanks, but I'm staying at WWFC.

Utterly, utterly appalling performance today.

Oh, and I'm not sure who's responsible for overseeing deadball delivery practice sessions, but whoever it is, they clearly have no idea where the fcuking goal is!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ainsworth on 20:41 - Apr 7 with 4333 viewscorse

Ainsworth on 19:48 - Apr 7 by WatfordR

I've kept my thoughts largely to myself about GA up until now. Work has meant I've not been able to get to games, I think this is the first one I've gotten to this year. I'll leave commenting on his actual appointment until later.

Ainsworth is a mile out of his depth here. From minute one today you could have predicted how this game was going to go. We'd be in it only for as long as it took Preston to score. We were never going to score through our own efforts. This is a team, even when we were playing well under Beale, needed to make ten chances to score one. Every single one of us on this board know we are not going to score if we are not creating chances. If there is anyone who'd like to explain to me what our attacking plan was today, I'm all ears.

If there is a single poster on here that thinks the way you're going to get the best out of that starting eleven, indeed out of our squad, is by telling them to welly it up to Dykes and see what happens if he flicks it on, put your hand up. I'd love to here someone explain how that's supposed to work.

I'd rather sticks needles in my eyes than turn up and watch that sort of dross week in and week out, either in the Championship or League One. It's clueless, it's an excuse for a lack of tactical nous, and it is a recipe for the club's descent into oblivion.

As lovely as it is that Ainsworth was well thought of as a player, he's not the right option for us as a manager. Stan is my hero for his efforts as a player, but I'd never have wanted to see him here as a manager.

IF we were going to get rid of Critchley - and personally I wouldn't have - then the only option for the rest of the season was a caretaker manager. Warnock, Allardyce, maybe even Johansen, I'd not really have complained. Now we're stuck with a manager on a three and a half year contract, whose managerial capability stretches to nothing more than 21st in the Championship. At the very best.

All the hard work done over the last four years, raising the footballing profile of the club, making it respected enough to attract friendly opposition from the likes of ManU and Leicester, respected enough to attract some of the better young prospects from Prem clubs, all thrown out the window by such a stupid appointment. What chance do we have of developing young kids through the academy when they see the requirement now is not to nurture skills and technique, but "energy and enthusiasm".

This isn't necessarily all about digging out Ainsworth, I suspect he's made the wrong move for what he thought was the right reason. But if he looked at how he manages his teams to play football, and then looked at this squad, if he was being honest with himself, he'd have admitted he didn't have the skills necessary to manage them to safety this season. If I was prepared to put up with Sam Allardyce for the good of the club for a couple of months, he should have been prepared to put aside his personal ambitions.

The club has been put back years by these last few months. I just hope that's as bad as the outcome gets.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 20:07]

Excellent post.
Ainsworth on 20:44 - Apr 7 with 4299 viewsted_hendrix

I've kept my thoughts largely to myself about GA up until now. Work has meant I've not been able to get to games, I think this is the first one I've gotten to this year. I'll leave commenting on his actual appointment until later.

Ainsworth is a mile out of his depth here. From minute one today you could have predicted how this game was going to go. We'd be in it only for as long as it took Preston to score. We were never going to score through our own efforts. This is a team, even when we were playing well under Beale, needed to make ten chances to score one. Every single one of us on this board know we are not going to score if we are not creating chances. If there is anyone who'd like to explain to me what our attacking plan was today, I'm all ears.

If there is a single poster on here that thinks the way you're going to get the best out of that starting eleven, indeed out of our squad, is by telling them to welly it up to Dykes and see what happens if he flicks it on, put your hand up. I'd love to here someone explain how that's supposed to work.

I'd rather sticks needles in my eyes than turn up and watch that sort of dross week in and week out, either in the Championship or League One. It's clueless, it's an excuse for a lack of tactical nous, and it is a recipe for the club's descent into oblivion.

As lovely as it is that Ainsworth was well thought of as a player, he's not the right option for us as a manager. Stan is my hero for his efforts as a player, but I'd never have wanted to see him here as a manager.

IF we were going to get rid of Critchley - and personally I wouldn't have - then the only option for the rest of the season was a caretaker manager. Warnock, Allardyce, maybe even Johansen, I'd not really have complained. Now we're stuck with a manager on a three and a half year contract, whose managerial capability stretches to nothing more than 21st in the Championship. At the very best.

All the hard work done over the last four years, raising the footballing profile of the club, making it respected enough to attract friendly opposition from the likes of ManU and Leicester, respected enough to attract some of the better young prospects from Prem clubs, all thrown out the window by such a stupid appointment. What chance do we have of developing young kids through the academy when they see the requirement now is not to nurture skills and technique, but "energy and enthusiasm".

This isn't necessarily all about digging out Ainsworth, I suspect he's made the wrong move for what he thought was the right reason. But if he looked at how he manages his teams to play football, and then looked at this squad, if he was being honest with himself, he'd have admitted he didn't have the skills necessary to manage them to safety this season. If I was prepared to put up with Sam Allardyce for the good of the club for a couple of months, he should have been prepared to put aside his personal ambitions.

The club has been put back years by these last few months. I just hope that's as bad as the outcome gets.

I'll take GA's hoof ball long ball or whatever ball anybody want's to call It for the remaining six games if It got us a couple of wins and kept us In this league.
It'll be crap to watch so what? survival In this league this season is paramount, for me relegation is/would be a disaster for QPR.
Yes I can take a few hoof games and a few dodgy results to get us over the line and safe.
Having said all that I believe we are relegated now anyway, I'm just clutching the last few remaining straws.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ainsworth on 20:44 - Apr 7 with 4297 viewsbosh67

I think Gareth is really questioning his decision and the mentality of the team. We have a guy who loves the club and has a lot of managerial experience, albeit at one club and highly thought of coach who's a QPR fan and they can't get anything out the team. The mentality in this squad has been awful most of the last full season and a bit.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ainsworth on 20:47 - Apr 7 with 4245 viewsHarbour

Great post and really gets to the nub of where we are. Seems like trying to get a square peg (squad) into a round hole ( GA preferred playing style). Not so much GA fault just wrong appointment at the wrong time …it does seem we have gone backwards since NC left not that he was any great shakes but maybe more attuned to the squad we have. None of this excuses the half arsed effort and crap defending and overall performance levels. L1 he we come.
Ainsworth on 20:50 - Apr 7 with 4216 viewsterryb

Ainsworth on 20:44 - Apr 7 by bosh67

I think Gareth is really questioning his decision and the mentality of the team. We have a guy who loves the club and has a lot of managerial experience, albeit at one club and highly thought of coach who's a QPR fan and they can't get anything out the team. The mentality in this squad has been awful most of the last full season and a bit.

I'm not quite certain that's true Bosh.

If he is a highly thought of coach, why have no other clubs employed him as their manager? Or even interviewed him?

I still think the club had no choice other than Ainsworth to replace Critchley, but that is an indictment of our board & management.
Ainsworth on 20:57 - Apr 7 with 4149 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Wrong appointment that was done to appease a few fans with the 'legend returning' soundtrack. I can coach hoof ball.
We are going down, and we sacked a manager in Critchley who we would normally have jumped at.

P!ss poor from the club. Get the lot of them out now.
Ainsworth on 22:00 - Apr 7 with 3863 viewsHayesender

Ainsworth on 20:57 - Apr 7 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Wrong appointment that was done to appease a few fans with the 'legend returning' soundtrack. I can coach hoof ball.
We are going down, and we sacked a manager in Critchley who we would normally have jumped at.

Let's be honest here, he was brought in at the first mumblings of discontent amongst the fans towards the board.

It was done to take the heat off them, but it has backfired spectacularly on them

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ainsworth on 22:09 - Apr 7 with 3819 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ainsworth on 20:57 - Apr 7 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Yep. They thought that with games against Birmingham, Blackpool, Rotherham and Wigan coming up that we'd get a few points, stay up and they would get some reflected glory.
In reality, it's looking like the worst appointment of all their failures. I do wonder if they'll twist again if we lose on Monday.
Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 23:02 - Apr 7 with 3580 viewsRangersDave

Football is a simple game, no, really it is......

You kick a ball around and put it into the oppositions net.

However, this team is fcuk'd completely. Players are out on strike and wont admit it, some are shirking, some are feigning injuries, some are mentally gone, some are mentally stupid.

Idiot players having a go at fans, then not upping his game to prove he's a great / good / ok / mediocre/ shyt e a player worthy of the shirt, just a few days later.

I have not seem any consistent run of decent play since waaaaay before GA turned up. The team is a dead man walking, and the quicker we are rid of them (and yes i mean all of them, as this illness affects them all, even fans friends) the better. This group of players will probably have us relagated next season too, and it's time to cut the poison out now, and prepare for next season without this dross.

I dont think, in all my watching the boys, since 1965, i have ever seen such a bad team, with nothing redeamable between any of them.

To quote gollum...... leave now, and never come back!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Ainsworth on 23:13 - Apr 7 with 3523 viewsDamo1962

Ainsworth on 23:02 - Apr 7 by RangersDave

However, this team is fcuk'd completely. Players are out on strike and wont admit it, some are shirking, some are feigning injuries, some are mentally gone, some are mentally stupid.

Idiot players having a go at fans, then not upping his game to prove he's a great / good / ok / mediocre/ shyt e a player worthy of the shirt, just a few days later.

I have not seem any consistent run of decent play since waaaaay before GA turned up. The team is a dead man walking, and the quicker we are rid of them (and yes i mean all of them, as this illness affects them all, even fans friends) the better. This group of players will probably have us relagated next season too, and it's time to cut the poison out now, and prepare for next season without this dross.

I dont think, in all my watching the boys, since 1965, i have ever seen such a bad team, with nothing redeamable between any of them.

This. Post of the day fella 👏
Ainsworth on 23:30 - Apr 7 with 3474 viewsRs_Holy

100% agree Dave... I cannot believe what I am reading from some posters about going backwards since Critchley left...FFS!... You could get Warnock, Pep, Sir Alex, the ghost of Sir Alf Ramsey to have a go.... IT WOULD NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE, THE PLAYERS HAVE GIVEN UP!
People want Ainsworth out but if I had my way I'd get rid of absolutely everyone except him.
Ainsworth on 23:36 - Apr 7 with 3452 viewscharmr

Remember when Holloway got his nose put out of joint when his style was called ‘pub football’ Basically hit the target man early. All that head tennis and move the ball on and playing percentages. Is that what we’re being offered again?

A club that couldn’t stop licking itself about its due diligence in getting the right man in Beale. Now we have someone who so many went ga ga about his appointment and never thought about his credentials as a football coach.

I watched the game today as I had 3 hours to spare having an infusion with a kind nurse who used to date a Sheffield Utd player when she studied in England. I got asked if I was feeling any pain to which I replied yes watching 11 players in blue and white hoops be that incoherent and have less of an idea about football being a team game. I got a smile.

What a mess

Something’s not right either somewhere or everywhere but we probably won’t find out until long after the horse has bolted.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 23:48]
Ainsworth on 23:49 - Apr 7 with 3405 viewsQPRConor2000

I think Ainsworth was the totally wrong appointment.

When we got rid of Warburton last summer, I thought we would knew what we were getting into, however Beale, which I feel we should of not appointed given how he was having interviews etc, decided it was nice to pop to his mates at Glasgow Rangers, then Crichley came in and now Ainsworth.

I mean you cannot blame Ainsworth for going for it, but It felt like a PR appointment, and its come back to bite the board in the face.

Weve gone from controlling the ball, moving the ball about well, to hoofing the ball and just hoping for the best.

I just dont think Ainsworth was ever the right fit, I just feel sorry hes been used as a bargaining chip by the owners to try and steer away the anger from them.

I just fear he will be gone before the end of the season, and thats just sad to see tbh.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 0:11]
Ainsworth on 06:33 - Apr 8 with 3164 viewsNorthantsHoop

There is nothing in this team for me it became apparent in the away game at Luton in October and it has been a spiral downwards since. The players are both not good enough/not interested and no manager is likely to get a tune out of this lot, therefore Ainsworth should get the opportunity to re-build, whether the people above him allow it remains to be seen. As has been said before QPR need to become a more industrial/physical team, they won't survive in this league or the one below unless this is addressed.
Ainsworth on 08:04 - Apr 8 with 2999 viewshubble

I have to admit I thought GA would be able to do something to stop the rot, but instead, he's actually accelerated it. The self-immolation of QPR is quite spectacular. It's like witnessing a train wreck that started in slow motion, but now it's starting to speed up. I genuinely feel sorry for Ainsworth. He thought he could turn this around, but the horrible reality must have dawned on him by now: he can't.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Ainsworth on 08:10 - Apr 8 with 2970 viewspaulparker

Ainsworth on 22:00 - Apr 7 by Hayesender

Let's be honest here, he was brought in at the first mumblings of discontent amongst the fans towards the board.

It was done to take the heat off them, but it has backfired spectacularly on them

Spot on , he wasn’t appointed because of his ability as a a coach it was done to stop a possible demonstration, that’s this board for you total amateurs
That being said these players have downed tools and are a disgrace , like Holloway in 2000 he has to see it out until the summer and then bring in some players who are gonna see QPR as the place to be not a stepping stone or retirement home
Ainsworth needs his own players and I back him to get the right ones in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ainsworth on 08:46 - Apr 8 with 2863 viewsJamesB1979

Ainsworth on 08:10 - Apr 8 by paulparker

Spot on , he wasn’t appointed because of his ability as a a coach it was done to stop a possible demonstration, that’s this board for you total amateurs
That being said these players have downed tools and are a disgrace , like Holloway in 2000 he has to see it out until the summer and then bring in some players who are gonna see QPR as the place to be not a stepping stone or retirement home
Ainsworth needs his own players and I back him to get the right ones in

Seems really unfair on Critchley when you say that. Critchley had 11 league games and these were against most of the better sides in this league. We then got rid of him. Gareth has had games against mostly teams around us and record is worse. Yet, he’ll get 12 games and next season.
Ainsworth on 08:46 - Apr 8 with 2860 viewsmart_Goblin

Don’t want to agree but I do completely.

It would almost be a relief if we got a 10 point FFP deduction and we were relegated now .

Take the pressure off. Stop playing some of these wasters , prepare for next season and just go play some matches with kids who need experience and playing time
Ainsworth on 08:55 - Apr 8 with 2838 viewsDorse

From WLS:

Ainsworth said: “You put your superstars out — people would probably look at that and say it’s the best team I could have fielded — and we didn’t really test their keeper enough.

“We looked like we were beaten when the first goal went in, and I was disappointed with the players.

“Heads went down and I think the mental side of the game is the big thing showing at the moment. It’s a fragility in the players that I’ve got to address.

“We’ve got a lack of leaders and characters in the squad and they’ve got to start coming forward, digging deep and fighting for the cause, because that wasn’t acceptable.

“Once the first goal went in it looked like the second one was coming, and I didn’t like that.”

Link: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-qpr-are-fragile-and-lack-leaders-a

Watching via stream, I'd have to agree. Based on the team selection, I expected a lot more. When he brought on Albert and Lowe, I remember thinking that we were now entirely fùcked, and not in a good way. Every ball that we put in, either from wide or deep was beautifully weighted to no one in particular. One sticks out: second half, their LB is beaten by a ball through to Albert which screamed for a first time delivery. He looks up to see... no runners, so takes a touch and puts the delayed (but potentially dangerous) ball in to a crowded box that nobody can get near as all runs are now blocked. Lather, rinse, repeat.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 9:05]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ainsworth on 09:02 - Apr 8 with 2814 viewsted_hendrix

Ainsworth on 08:55 - Apr 8 by Dorse

From WLS:

Ainsworth said: “You put your superstars out — people would probably look at that and say it’s the best team I could have fielded — and we didn’t really test their keeper enough.

“We looked like we were beaten when the first goal went in, and I was disappointed with the players.

“Heads went down and I think the mental side of the game is the big thing showing at the moment. It’s a fragility in the players that I’ve got to address.

“We’ve got a lack of leaders and characters in the squad and they’ve got to start coming forward, digging deep and fighting for the cause, because that wasn’t acceptable.

“Once the first goal went in it looked like the second one was coming, and I didn’t like that.”

Link: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/ainsworth-qpr-are-fragile-and-lack-leaders-a

Watching via stream, I'd have to agree. Based on the team selection, I expected a lot more. When he brought on Albert and Lowe, I remember thinking that we were now entirely fùcked, and not in a good way. Every ball that we put in, either from wide or deep was beautifully weighted to no one in particular. One sticks out: second half, their LB is beaten by a ball through to Albert which screamed for a first time delivery. He looks up to see... no runners, so takes a touch and puts the delayed (but potentially dangerous) ball in to a crowded box that nobody can get near as all runs are now blocked. Lather, rinse, repeat.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 9:05]

Same old claptrap, and it will be the same old claptrap churned out after Monday's defeat at WBA.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ainsworth on 09:10 - Apr 8 with 2792 viewsDorse

Ainsworth on 09:02 - Apr 8 by ted_hendrix

Same old claptrap, and it will be the same old claptrap churned out after Monday's defeat at WBA.

Indubitably, old boy.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ainsworth on 12:38 - Apr 8 with 2592 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on 20:44 - Apr 7 by ted_hendrix

I'll take GA's hoof ball long ball or whatever ball anybody want's to call It for the remaining six games if It got us a couple of wins and kept us In this league.
It'll be crap to watch so what? survival In this league this season is paramount, for me relegation is/would be a disaster for QPR.
Yes I can take a few hoof games and a few dodgy results to get us over the line and safe.
Having said all that I believe we are relegated now anyway, I'm just clutching the last few remaining straws.

Hoofball doesn't cut it anymore.
A lot of fans, when things go wrong, just scream 'plan B' - ie: hoof it to the big man.

Football at this level has moved on and it moved on years ago. It's easy to defend against. If it worked, why don't teams at the top of this league do it? When was the last successful team at this this level promoted by playing aimless long ball? It's dead and it's been dead for years and years. I hoped Gaz would come in and adapt, but tbh my worst fears have been realised.

You'll get a lot of people saying this is a bang average league etc etc and pouring scorn on it, but the reality is it's a highly competitive league that regularly has teams that would hold their own in every other top division in Europe barring the big 3 or 4. Yes, too many teams, like Swansea, get it all wrong and their brand of keep ball is just as ineffective, but launching it with no real proper plan simply won't work.

Bare bones.

Ainsworth on 16:59 - Apr 8 with 2410 viewsWatfordR

Ainsworth on 12:38 - Apr 8 by Antti_Heinola

Hoofball doesn't cut it anymore.
A lot of fans, when things go wrong, just scream 'plan B' - ie: hoof it to the big man.

Football at this level has moved on and it moved on years ago. It's easy to defend against. If it worked, why don't teams at the top of this league do it? When was the last successful team at this this level promoted by playing aimless long ball? It's dead and it's been dead for years and years. I hoped Gaz would come in and adapt, but tbh my worst fears have been realised.

You'll get a lot of people saying this is a bang average league etc etc and pouring scorn on it, but the reality is it's a highly competitive league that regularly has teams that would hold their own in every other top division in Europe barring the big 3 or 4. Yes, too many teams, like Swansea, get it all wrong and their brand of keep ball is just as ineffective, but launching it with no real proper plan simply won't work.

There's two different issues here. Specifically with regard to the outcome of this season, would I be happy to see us playing hoofball if it got us the results to keep us up? Yes, I'd be happy for us to do whatever it takes to stay up. As I said yesterday, if it meant putting up with Allardyce as manager until the end of the season, yep I'd live with it. I don't think anyone of us isn't aghast at what relegation might mean.

But you are right Antti, hoofball is a dead duck as anything other than a desperation strategy. It will condemn us to lower table Championship as the height of our ambition, it will render the academy pointless, and most importantly it will limit the club's ability to attract future generations of fans at a time when there are already seven London clubs in the Prem. Kids can watch the standard of football in the Prem, smashing the ball into the ether isn't going to appeal to anyone.

We've made a big big mistake with Ainsworth, and it's not a dig against him as a person, but it's definitely a comment on his preferred style of football. Every day we indulge this is a day wasted. If I'm wrong, I'll be really really happy to be proved wrong, and for everyone to remind me of this as often as they want.
Ainsworth on 17:27 - Apr 8 with 2328 viewsPeterHucker

Going back to the original post about Gareth on the pitch after the match, the impression I got from the back of block KL was that out of the supporters that were left there were a fair number of supporters who were applauding back at him but also a fair number who were booing him.
Leaving aside the always contentious subject of who was in the right and who was in the wrong there, but isn't that the first time that Gareth himself has been on the receiving end of the home crowd's booing?
To me he just looked gutted.
Probably an equal mix of gutted about the result and the performance and knowing that the people who were booing were justified in doing so.

Up until PNE scored, the team's performance yesterday was an improvement on recent matches, particularly in defence. Yes admittedly that's an extremely low bar as we all know.

Once they scored, and then got a 2nd so soon after, all the fight went out of the team. (what little fight there had been there before, but as I say more than in most other recent games)
We never seriously looked like getting 1 goal back, let alone 2.

As his post match interview showed, he was annoyed by how the heads dropped after they scored.

He won't give up of course because of his character, but the situation is best summed up for me with another thread title on this forum "There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around"
So true, I've seen almost nothing in any game since Coventry away to suggest that this team have got the fire in their belly needed for a relegation fight.

Yesterday was probably the easiest opponents we had remaining this season and if we were going to get the necessary 2 wins needed from the last 7 games then we really needed to get 1 of them yesterday.
Ainsworth on 17:45 - Apr 8 with 2220 views1JD

Ainsworth on 16:59 - Apr 8 by WatfordR

There's two different issues here. Specifically with regard to the outcome of this season, would I be happy to see us playing hoofball if it got us the results to keep us up? Yes, I'd be happy for us to do whatever it takes to stay up. As I said yesterday, if it meant putting up with Allardyce as manager until the end of the season, yep I'd live with it. I don't think anyone of us isn't aghast at what relegation might mean.

But you are right Antti, hoofball is a dead duck as anything other than a desperation strategy. It will condemn us to lower table Championship as the height of our ambition, it will render the academy pointless, and most importantly it will limit the club's ability to attract future generations of fans at a time when there are already seven London clubs in the Prem. Kids can watch the standard of football in the Prem, smashing the ball into the ether isn't going to appeal to anyone.

We've made a big big mistake with Ainsworth, and it's not a dig against him as a person, but it's definitely a comment on his preferred style of football. Every day we indulge this is a day wasted. If I'm wrong, I'll be really really happy to be proved wrong, and for everyone to remind me of this as often as they want.

You’ve made some great points WatfordR.

The thing is, would I be happy for direct football if it ensures it keeps us up? Hell yes. Would I take Big Sam, Mick McCarthy or even Ainsworth himself, for the same reason. Again, Yes.

But surely the most appropriate tactics are based on the tools you have at your disposal.

Does it actually suit this group of players? Will it get the best out of them? And does it give us the best chance of winning games and staying up? No. No. And no.

I cannot believe the mess we are in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024