Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth 17:45 - Apr 7 with 22780 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Watching him walking around the pitch at the end, he looked haunted.

I'm not saying he looked like a bloke saying adieu, but he sure as shit would bite your hand off to turn the clock back to say to QPR: thanks, but I'm staying at WWFC.

Utterly, utterly appalling performance today.

Oh, and I'm not sure who's responsible for overseeing deadball delivery practice sessions, but whoever it is, they clearly have no idea where the fcuking goal is!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ainsworth on 18:21 - Apr 10 with 2376 views1JD

Ainsworth on 18:08 - Apr 10 by E15Hoop

I'll meet you in the middle, and say that the intensity and the press laid the platform for Chair and Adomah to work their magic.
However, I think you're forgetting how much Dieng in particular went for the long ball option. Hold up and lay with runners running off Dykes and Martin is what gave the foundation for the passing game to be effective, because it got us in to more advanced areas, which is exactly what I said before the game.
Amd did you notice how many aerial battles in defence we won, by playing a higher line and not worrying about being tippy tappy at the back?

To be clear; I am not advocating tippy tappy at the back - that is a failed approach to a passing style, where you are unable to find, coach and overcome patterns of play that lock you into a defence-only side-to-side passing mode, going nowhere. That is extremely boring and dull.

Which is what we suffered from under Warburtons latter time, but which Beale was solving, through new passing patterns to counter either a high-press that stops you from getting out, or a defensive low-block, whereby the opposition put everyone behind the ball and try and prevent you from breaking them down.

A true progressive passing style is where you retain possession (tiring the other side out) and build through the lines with purpose. That is what the club were building over 4-years and which they ripped up with Ainsworths appointment. It is also the technical approach which premier league clubs procure their players from.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 18:23]
Ainsworth on 18:39 - Apr 10 with 2303 viewsE15Hoop

Ainsworth on 18:21 - Apr 10 by 1JD

To be clear; I am not advocating tippy tappy at the back - that is a failed approach to a passing style, where you are unable to find, coach and overcome patterns of play that lock you into a defence-only side-to-side passing mode, going nowhere. That is extremely boring and dull.

Which is what we suffered from under Warburtons latter time, but which Beale was solving, through new passing patterns to counter either a high-press that stops you from getting out, or a defensive low-block, whereby the opposition put everyone behind the ball and try and prevent you from breaking them down.

A true progressive passing style is where you retain possession (tiring the other side out) and build through the lines with purpose. That is what the club were building over 4-years and which they ripped up with Ainsworths appointment. It is also the technical approach which premier league clubs procure their players from.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 18:23]

I think you're exaggerating somewhat by saying that Ainsworth's appointment has ripped up the passing approach you're advocating. What we're seeing at the moment is, I suspect, more of what Ainsworth sees as the means to the end we have to achieve in the short term, rather than the final destination.
I'm also not sure that the players were making themselves available to each other consistently enough for that passing approach to be effective, even under Beale, certainly in defensive positions. I know I for one feel much more secure with "win the ball first, play later", with the defenders we currently have, which is what we saw today for the most part.
Let's see - in another year, we might be closer to your blueprint than you think (at least if we manage to stay up).
Ainsworth on 20:48 - Apr 15 with 1982 viewsGloucs_R

I can't be bothered to post on the other threads so we'll stick to this one as there certainly seems to be less trolls are more old school posters on this one.

Before Ainsworth joined I was nervous as to whether he had been institutionalised with being at WW for such a long time and only had one style of play.

Just wondered if anyone has seen a plan B or glimmers of potential under his management which could be successful?

Even Dave Mac seems to be calling his long-term appointment disastrous for the club.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 22:08]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ainsworth on 21:05 - Apr 15 with 1902 viewsJOSEPH_QPR

Ainsworth on 20:48 - Apr 15 by Gloucs_R

I can't be bothered to post on the other threads so we'll stick to this one as there certainly seems to be less trolls are more old school posters on this one.

Before Ainsworth joined I was nervous as to whether he had been institutionalised with being at WW for such a long time and only had one style of play.

Just wondered if anyone has seen a plan B or glimmers of potential under his management which could be successful?

Even Dave Mac seems to be calling his long-term appointment disastrous for the club.

'Less trolls'?

You mean some people have the audacity to harbour different opinions to you and disgracefully air them on a public platform?

No wonder so many people just lurk around here and don't bother to post. You're not a child, you can listen to other opinions without crying.
Ainsworth on 21:13 - Apr 15 with 1825 viewsGloucs_R

Ainsworth on 21:05 - Apr 15 by JOSEPH_QPR

'Less trolls'?

You mean some people have the audacity to harbour different opinions to you and disgracefully air them on a public platform?

No wonder so many people just lurk around here and don't bother to post. You're not a child, you can listen to other opinions without crying.

No cheese
No comment.

Poll: Are we staying up?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:29 - Apr 20 with 1488 viewsRangersDave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Ainsworth on 15:38 - Apr 20 with 1420 viewsBerkoRanger

Ainsworth on 12:58 - Apr 10 by WatfordR

I have to say there's a lot of defence for Ainsworth and his management style and tactical nous that would be absolutely non existent on here if his name wasn't Gareth Ainsworth.

As usual, I agree with you, WatfordR.
Ainsworth on 16:10 - Apr 20 with 1372 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ainsworth on 20:48 - Apr 15 by Gloucs_R

tbf Dave Mc was going 'QPR needs a manager with a personality!' five minutes ago. Now we have one he's damaging is he?

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Ainsworth on 16:15 - Apr 20 with 1304 viewscharmr

Anyone want to know how to play out the back watch the you tube video

Why premier league managers fear De Zebris Brighton

Help anyone posting this

Thanks
Ainsworth on 16:20 - Apr 20 with 1245 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

When he arrived he selected Drewe on the basis that Ramsey told him 'that boy will give you everything " set alarm bells ringing for me. I am all for getting the youth into this squad, but I was expecting it to be based on ability, not that he tries hard.
I tried hard at school at maths, it didnt mean I could hold my own in a physics debate with Stephen Hawking!
Ainsworth on 21:49 - Apr 20 with 1048 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Ainsworth on 16:20 - Apr 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

When he arrived he selected Drewe on the basis that Ramsey told him 'that boy will give you everything " set alarm bells ringing for me. I am all for getting the youth into this squad, but I was expecting it to be based on ability, not that he tries hard.
I tried hard at school at maths, it didnt mean I could hold my own in a physics debate with Stephen Hawking!

Yeah but you'd do him over the cross-country run; so basically, 1-1.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Ainsworth on 08:05 - Apr 21 with 867 viewsMonkey_Roots

Ainsworth on 16:20 - Apr 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Surely trying hard at Physics would have given you a better chance in a debate with Stephen Hawking?

I think it’s unfair to judge GA too harshly at this point - he has to try and find a way of getting a tune out of this lot - some want to play, some don’t, a whole host of injuries, zero confidence. He’s been handed a big pile of shït and told to do something with it… now he’s doing it, we’re complaining that it looks and smells like shït?

I want to see what he can do once the season is done and plans are made for next season and the club’s management and strategy are sorted out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024