Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dad passed away 11:55 - Jul 20 with 6548 viewsstantheman10

Sorry for this post but yesterday I lost my dad one day short of his 90th birthday. He'd been an R's supporter for 85 years. Due to ill health the last Rangers game he saw live was the play off final win in 2014 which I took him to so I will always have that memory.
Dad passed away on 16:06 - Jul 20 with 1033 viewsjohann28

So sorry mate. Nothing prepares you for it. I lost both my Dad (aged 101) and my mum (aged 92) within just a few weeks of each other last year and I'm still very much in grieving mode - it takes ages. Neither cared much for football but they always asked me how my team were doing whenever we met, which was very sweet of them. Whatever your belief is, they remain in our hearts forever.
Dad passed away on 16:09 - Jul 20 with 1028 viewsMoonshineSteve

Sorry mate. RIP.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Dad passed away on 16:11 - Jul 20 with 1018 viewsHarbour

Condolences to you and your family …look after yourself it’s hard losing your Dad try and remember the good times.
Dad passed away on 16:15 - Jul 20 with 1007 viewsmarky67

condolences to you and the family, may he rest in peace.
Dad passed away on 16:17 - Jul 20 with 1004 viewsderbyhoop

My condolences.

Guard the memories, including Zamora day;

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Dad passed away on 17:01 - Jul 20 with 965 viewsPaddyhoops

Condolences. Hard to lose your dad . No matter what age.
RIP
Dad passed away on 18:08 - Jul 20 with 939 viewsAkindweevil

Very sorry to hear about your loss. These will be very difficult days for you and the family, I am sure. However, keep strong for, in due course, time being the healer it is, you will find that the sadness lifts and will be replaced by happier memories of the times that you spent with your dad. The smiles will return. All the best.
Dad passed away on 18:45 - Jul 20 with 911 viewsbosh67

So sorry for your loss. It's extremely hard to lose a parent and it sounds like he was a brilliant guy. Love and hugs to you and your family.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Dad passed away on 18:50 - Jul 20 with 906 viewskomradkirk

Sincere condolences at this tough time.
Dad passed away on 19:00 - Jul 20 with 892 viewsE15Hoop

I'd like to add my name to the well-wishers, STM.
If there's some helpful advice I can give, it would be don't try to force away your grief. Be prepared for when it catches you unawares and just stay with your feelings.
Coming to LR is going to get you like that for a while, because of all the associations you'll have with your Dad there. Don't try to squash the feelings down - just let them happen and accept it will feel weird for a while.
Eventually, the pain will fade and you'll be left with a wealth of happy memories - particularly "Zamora Day" by the sound of it!
Dad passed away on 19:02 - Jul 20 with 881 viewspaulparker

85 years supporting QPR , that’s something
RIP to your old man

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dad passed away on 19:39 - Jul 20 with 860 viewsdavman

Condolences, buddy, never an easy time whatever age they, and you, are. Mum went 11 years ago and I still catch myself thinking "better give mum a call tonight, she'd love to hear that".

RIP

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dad passed away on 19:56 - Jul 20 with 849 viewsHooping_Mad

Condolences, I hope he enjoyed those Warnock year(s) as well as 'Zamora' they were pretty special.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Dad passed away on 20:14 - Jul 20 with 842 viewsPunteR

Sorry to hear that stantheman.
Condolences to you and your family.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dad passed away on 20:21 - Jul 20 with 836 viewsnix

No need to feel sorry for posting. I'm very sad for your loss.

How lovely that you shared a love for the Rs and you have that happy memory of the play offs.

Take good care of yourself and RIP your dad.
Dad passed away on 20:38 - Jul 20 with 819 viewsnumptydumpty

May your dad RIP Stantheman

And 85 years an R. That is some commitment.

Lost my mum closely followed by dad two years ago now.

Life seems decidedly unreal for a long period of time and the certainty in life seems all rather unstable for a while.

Any bereavement does take some adjusting to.

I am dealing with my own losses a lot better now than I did initially.

I miss chatting to my dad usually about how bad we were in most games as after visiting the holy grail often had the phone call on the train on the way home.

What a brilliant last game for your dad to visit too.

Hope the good memories keep you well in the days and weeks ahead...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dad passed away on 21:15 - Jul 20 with 801 viewsSnipper

So sorry to hear about your dad stantheman10.

May he Rest In Eternal Peace. ❤️❤️
Dad passed away on 21:25 - Jul 20 with 792 viewsBlackCrowe

Best wishes to you mate, hope it wasn't too drawn out and you can remember him in his prime. x

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Dad passed away on 21:38 - Jul 20 with 786 viewsLogman

So sorry for your loss Stantheman. 85 years supporting QPR. And we think we have it hard !

What a loyal servant your dad was.

And great that he took you to the Hoops and that it was an integral part of your lives together.

I hope you and your family are able to come together at this time and do the great man proud in the coming days.
Dad passed away on 21:40 - Jul 20 with 784 viewsLblock

My utmost sympathies and condolences to you and your family.

I really do treasure my parents - this last year and a half have taught me so much about what really matters and lots of other stuff.

You wont feel it now but... you have been lucky. Looking back now I'd have loved my Dad to have come with me to Rangers for games and the matchday craic. Never thought when I was in my early years I'd be saying that when I dropped into my 50's
All those shared rushes of elation, seeing Adel mug players, Les's goals etc; alongside the utter dross... each one of them a treasured memory that you managed to do together in person or in shared interest. Priceless.

Keep your chin up

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dad passed away on 22:18 - Jul 20 with 755 viewsdubaistu

Sorry for your loss, I lost my Dad at 7 years old. Time is my friend to grieve, sadly I don't have the memories. Glad you had your Dad for such a long time, mine supported Leeds so he didn't really save me from football pain.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 17:23]
Dad passed away on 23:13 - Jul 20 with 723 viewsKonk

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Glad you had him in your life for so long and that you got to see your team win at Wembley together. That must have been magic. Hope the funeral goes as well as these things can and that you’re able to celebrate your Dad’s life with some laughter in amongst the tears. Lost my Mum almost a year ago, think about her all the time and 90% of the time, I’m happy to be reminded, but occasionally it takes the wind out of me and I can’t stop sobbing. Take care of yourself and surround yourself with people who shared your love for your dad - I found/find chatting about my Mum with people who loved her, really comforting.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Dad passed away on 05:05 - Jul 21 with 644 viewsHooparoo

Sorry to hear that mate. I hope you find comfort in the belief that he’s gone to a better place. Take care of yourself.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Dad passed away on 07:30 - Jul 21 with 611 viewsBklynRanger

Sorry to hear this Stan - a long life of support, bet he had some stories.

RIP
Dad passed away on 07:37 - Jul 21 with 604 viewsdistortR

RIP.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024