Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bluebirds Match Thread 16:21 - Dec 31 with 53420 viewsconnell10

Well we didn't get beat last time I did one . 😇 I'll go a very nervy 2-1 win.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:06 - Jan 1 with 2391 viewsStanisgod

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 1 by rbee

Started the second half well, encouraging to see the team show some character and score the goal. I honestly thought we would push on from there but we let Cardiff back in to the game.

Begovich looked to be heading for the Hot Dog stand in South Africa Road as he was nowhere near the ball, utter madness.

A lot is going to depend on how seriously injured the missing players are but the games are now beginning to disappear quickly and we are likely to drop another place tonight.

Stoke and Plymouth both picked up a point today to increase the gap between us. It's looking grim lads.

Are you seriously looking at Plymouth

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:07 - Jan 1 with 2387 viewsStanisgod

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 1 by rbee

Started the second half well, encouraging to see the team show some character and score the goal. I honestly thought we would push on from there but we let Cardiff back in to the game.

Begovich looked to be heading for the Hot Dog stand in South Africa Road as he was nowhere near the ball, utter madness.

A lot is going to depend on how seriously injured the missing players are but the games are now beginning to disappear quickly and we are likely to drop another place tonight.

Stoke and Plymouth both picked up a point today to increase the gap between us. It's looking grim lads.

Are you seriously looking at Plymouth (twice )
[Post edited 1 Jan 18:21]

Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 1 with 2309 viewsbongo_king

@Hastings_Hoops on 17:26 - Jan 1 with 791 views No it wouldn’t - because if we shift chair (a couple of £mill and reduce wage bill) and Willock (free/reduce wage bill) we can bring in players to fill their places with players for a better squad balance.

Gotta disagree cos we're relying on more or less the same management set up which blew our budget on Richards (and signed off on 2 year contracts for Fox and Collback, among many other crimes) to improve the team by replacing chair/willock as well as significantly upgrading CF and CM at least (ideally CB backup and GK too). All within likely sale proceeds of under 5m. I don't see it happening, before we even get in to the "manager wants manager gets" discussion.

If we can get 10m+ for the pair, it's worth the risk, but I'm doubtful we will. I stick to the view that the time to sell at least one of Willock, Chair, DIeng and maybe Dickie was pre PBBC 2022/23 season, and we could have got 5m+ for each one, possibly close to 10m for Chair and for Willock. But in the context of this team/performances, I'd be surprised if we get more than 5m for Chair and 500k for Willock with 6 months left on his contract.
[Post edited 1 Jan 18:20]
Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 1 with 2306 viewsNed_Kennedys

A disaster of an afternoon.

Poor starting line up by Cifuentes: far too safe in a must win game against a bang average opponent.
In effect replacing Chair and Willock with Larkeche and Dixon-Bonner. The centre midfield three literally created nothing: this was THE game for Dozzell to step up and he was useless.

Adomah on and put in the centre was also weird: correctly moved to the right later on but at the expense of losing Smith’s threat there. Kohli made a difference: must have been injured to come off ?

I like Dykes but hardly ever looks like scoring: we desperately need a Wells/Gray natural finisher to play up with him.

We have to get better players in: striker and a creative centre midfielder are essential. Use the loan system.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:14 - Jan 1 with 2270 viewsrbee

Are you seriously looking at Plymouth?

Yes, but only once!
[Post edited 1 Jan 18:15]
Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:16 - Jan 1 with 2234 viewsStanisgod

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:59 - Jan 1 by traininvain

Likewise the first goal with Larkeche getting beaten in the air while Dunne wasn’t picking up anyone and failed to make any real challenge to stop the goal scorer.

Exactly, we must have 4 6 footers to defend set pieces plus the goalie. They line up.on the edge of the box marking each other while players peel off at the back post unmarked time and again. I would also love to be wide right against Paal as he spends most of his time at centre half.

Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:20 - Jan 1 with 2172 viewstraininvain

Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 1 by Ned_Kennedys

A disaster of an afternoon.

Poor starting line up by Cifuentes: far too safe in a must win game against a bang average opponent.
In effect replacing Chair and Willock with Larkeche and Dixon-Bonner. The centre midfield three literally created nothing: this was THE game for Dozzell to step up and he was useless.

Adomah on and put in the centre was also weird: correctly moved to the right later on but at the expense of losing Smith’s threat there. Kohli made a difference: must have been injured to come off ?

I like Dykes but hardly ever looks like scoring: we desperately need a Wells/Gray natural finisher to play up with him.

We have to get better players in: striker and a creative centre midfielder are essential. Use the loan system.

It was a poor starting 11 but I don’t think he had many better options. Maybe start Koli and Armstrong but they’ve a grand total of one first team goal between them so it’s not an obvious mistake.

What we saw today is the state of our team without Chair and Willock (to a lesser extent) and it’s devoid of any creativity which is predictable to anyone who watches us play regularly.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:34 - Jan 1 with 2049 viewsJimmyR

Bluebirds Match Thread on 17:27 - Jan 1 by bosh67

Problem is you go into a must win game with Chair, Willock and Cook all missing. You have one striker and no one with any experience to play alongside him or to replace him. You have no creative midfield and very limited options on the bench.

Not sure what anyone is expecting Cifuentes or anyone to do with such a lack of players in essential positions.

We look doomed, not because of what Cifuentes has but because of what he doesn't have available to him. It's death by a thousand cuts dictated by how this club has been mismanaged at the top level, not on the sidelines.

Cifuentes has been doing a bloody good job imo - as you say, what are we realistically expecting?
Dozzel turns into messi due to a new system and a better training regime
MC isn’t the problem - not having 2 forwards that can get 10 goals each or even between them most definitely is
Login to get fewer ads

Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:35 - Jan 1 with 2036 viewsHayesender

Wednesday winning 2-0, so 2nd bottom as things stand

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:36 - Jan 1 with 2032 viewsrbee

Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:06 - Jan 1 by Stanisgod

Are you seriously looking at Plymouth

Wednesday are two up so as expected we go down another place.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:42 - Jan 1 with 1939 viewsHammersmithR

Utter dreadful today. Expected the performance with that side today. Cook is incapable of playing 2 games in a row. No Chair, Willock or Colback. The squad we have built is so weak. We continue to play Dykes who wouldn’t score in a brothel. No anticipation as a striker. Paal’s set pieces are woeful but he continues to take them every game.

The manager’s in game tactics were awful today. Smyth was our main outlet today but he got shunted about to make space for the non-effective Albert. Bonner at least tries to break the lines. Field and Dozzell are too similar. Dozzell is one of the worst players I have ever seen in a QPR shirt. Literally hides on the pitch or if he gets the balls passes backwards or sideways. Literally does nothing.

I have zero connection to this group of players. If we have to go down for them to go all then so be it. I’m sick and tired of every week watching this utter crap. Someone who needs to start taking responsibility for building this group of players. They are simply not good enough.

2024 starting how 2023 was nearly every dam week.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:49 - Jan 1 with 1880 viewsMick_S

Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:36 - Jan 1 by rbee

Wednesday are two up so as expected we go down another place.

Three.

Yikes!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:58 - Jan 1 with 1805 viewsNed_Kennedys

Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:20 - Jan 1 by traininvain

It was a poor starting 11 but I don’t think he had many better options. Maybe start Koli and Armstrong but they’ve a grand total of one first team goal between them so it’s not an obvious mistake.

What we saw today is the state of our team without Chair and Willock (to a lesser extent) and it’s devoid of any creativity which is predictable to anyone who watches us play regularly.

Yeah I know there were no world beaters who should’ve started but at home to a sh1t Cardiff he was too cautious: how many goals or assists have Dozzell, Field and Dixon-Bonner contributed between them this season? Larkeche has had a few good late cameos on the wing but surely Armstrong or Kohli would have been naturally better options.

We totally blew the first half with that formation and line up.
[Post edited 1 Jan 19:12]
Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:09 - Jan 1 with 1701 viewsloftboy

1-2 ffs

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:13 - Jan 1 with 1664 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:09 - Jan 1 by loftboy

1-2 ffs

Are you on a delayed stream or something?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:14 - Jan 1 with 1645 viewsDamo1962

Bluebirds Match Thread on 18:49 - Jan 1 by Mick_S

Three.

Yikes!

Doesn't matter what others do...as we are incapable of taking any advantage if they slip up. Rock bottom beckons.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:18 - Jan 1 with 1615 viewsHunterhoop

Dozzell absolutely infuriated me today.

Played in the hole in a 4411 shape and created absolutely nothing. In fact, as others have said, he actively hid, positioning himself between two Cardiff players so he couldn’t receive it. Was stationary so often, hardly ever offering an option. And when he did receive it, he did so with his back to goal, didn’t open his body up and almost always played a safe 5 yard pass back to where it came from. You’re the 10 today, mate, you need to create something. You’re the one. Stop passing the buck. Field and Bonner tried more than him today. One of those is the holding midfielder doing the donkey work and the other is a kid. So pissed off with him.

We have lots of other problems and many of them underperformed (Dykes!!) but Dozzell is the one i’m furious with. The bloke phoned that in. Pathetic.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:21 - Jan 1 with 1587 viewsthemodfather

Listened live on radio as at work Dykes never got a mention until 20th minute sums it up, no attack no supply in the first half , sadly poor defending done for us again . We needed something today as all our games this month are at home and we need momentum but mostly we need a goal scorer or two who can get around ten each in the last games
Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:23 - Jan 1 with 1570 viewslassel

The match, and this club, was summed up for me just after Cardiff scored the winner. We played a ball into the right channel where the statue formerly called Adomah was nominally supposed to be situated, but of course he hadn’t moved, because he can’t.

Cannon went flying past him from RB arms in the air in frustration at why he was overtaking the guy on the pitch.

A 37 year old, earning more than the average annual salary every month out of this club and worse being put onto the pitch, presumably as we can’t afford *not* to use him, but who cannot physically run anymore. The guy is a perfect microcosm of all of the fck ups of the ownership in the past decade.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:27 - Jan 1 with 1533 viewsmart_Goblin

Somewhat speechless after that .

We all knew it would be bad but that was utter dross.
Still reading on here the manager has to set them up better , has to get them to play forward and not side to side, has to get them to man make and not zonal mark and on and on and on our fan base goes letting this bunch of footballers of the hook and blaming everybody but them for their incompetence. MC has said time after time that he doesn’t want them keeping the ball for keeping the balls sake . He wants them keeping it with purpose but they can’t do it. They ain’t brave enough or good enough. The movement isn’t intelligent enough and when we do move the ball forward the first Touch is poor or the pass is astray.
That’s on the bloody players !!!
Ok, we could blame the people who cobbled this dogshit together. We should .
But these players are weak in so many ways. It doesn’t matter if the instructions are man to man or zonal , if they all do their job properly then they defend the corners properly . But they can’t .
I’m actually reading on here that it was a poor starting 11 that was picked.
And what could have picked from? The argument is Kolli and Sinclair should have started!
Forgive me but where is the evidence that should have started before today.
None!!!
Kolli did well when he came on and I hope the thigh injury isn’t too serious but he should have started the game??? Some of our lot are f*cking cuckoo.
Playing Adomah in midfield was a bit bonkers but it’s desperate . This lot are desperate .
Murmurings from inside that the players are annoyed and ‘sulky’ because they had to train and play 6 days in a row .

That there tells you everything about them.

We need 5 or 6 players to keep us up .

“Yeah but we ain’t got no money ..FFP…blah blah “

I am fully aware . Whether we can do it or not is neither here nor there .
That’s what we need. As this lot are toothless with Chair. Without him just brainless.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:35 - Jan 1 with 1451 viewsSK_hoops

Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:27 - Jan 1 by mart_Goblin

Still reading on here the manager has to set them up better , has to get them to play forward and not side to side, has to get them to man make and not zonal mark and on and on and on our fan base goes letting this bunch of footballers of the hook and blaming everybody but them for their incompetence. MC has said time after time that he doesn’t want them keeping the ball for keeping the balls sake . He wants them keeping it with purpose but they can’t do it. They ain’t brave enough or good enough. The movement isn’t intelligent enough and when we do move the ball forward the first Touch is poor or the pass is astray.
But these players are weak in so many ways. It doesn’t matter if the instructions are man to man or zonal , if they all do their job properly then they defend the corners properly . But they can’t .
And what could have picked from? The argument is Kolli and Sinclair should have started!
None!!!
Kolli did well when he came on and I hope the thigh injury isn’t too serious but he should have started the game??? Some of our lot are f*cking cuckoo.
Playing Adomah in midfield was a bit bonkers but it’s desperate . This lot are desperate .
Murmurings from inside that the players are annoyed and ‘sulky’ because they had to train and play 6 days in a row .

That’s what we need. As this lot are toothless with Chair. Without him just brainless.

If they had any self respect they would be busting a gut in training, with Paal staying an extra hour to practice set pieces, to get us out of this mess.

Disgraceful, if true.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:39 - Jan 1 with 1428 viewsThe_Beast1976

Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:27 - Jan 1 by mart_Goblin

None!!!

"Murmurings from inside that the players are annoyed and ‘sulky’ because they had to train and play 6 days in a row ."

If this is true (and I've not seen it elsewhere so will take it with a pinch of salt for now) then their contracts should be torn up, paid up, and they should be told to fcuk off and go fcuk themselves.

I can't wait until every single one of these players has left the club.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:56 - Jan 1 with 1336 viewsmart_Goblin

Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:39 - Jan 1 by The_Beast1976

"Murmurings from inside that the players are annoyed and ‘sulky’ because they had to train and play 6 days in a row ."

If this is true (and I've not seen it elsewhere so will take it with a pinch of salt for now) then their contracts should be torn up, paid up, and they should be told to fcuk off and go fcuk themselves.

I can't wait until every single one of these players has left the club.

Only been told it so not heard it first hand myself but that’s not the first thing I’ve been told about the players since MC has been here. I think they are already pushing him close to exploding from what I gather.
Just makes me so angry
Bluebirds Match Thread on 20:23 - Jan 1 with 1236 viewsParkRoyalR

Bluebirds Match Thread on 19:18 - Jan 1 by Hunterhoop

Dozzell absolutely infuriated me today.

Played in the hole in a 4411 shape and created absolutely nothing. In fact, as others have said, he actively hid, positioning himself between two Cardiff players so he couldn’t receive it. Was stationary so often, hardly ever offering an option. And when he did receive it, he did so with his back to goal, didn’t open his body up and almost always played a safe 5 yard pass back to where it came from. You’re the 10 today, mate, you need to create something. You’re the one. Stop passing the buck. Field and Bonner tried more than him today. One of those is the holding midfielder doing the donkey work and the other is a kid. So pissed off with him.

We have lots of other problems and many of them underperformed (Dykes!!) but Dozzell is the one i’m furious with. The bloke phoned that in. Pathetic.

I cannot fault a single player for their effort today other than Dozzell who does not have the heart or conditioning to play at this level.

For all the limitations of our other players, with him we are playing with 10 men.

In a game of fine margins, making that extra run, showing courage to make the counting pass, that bloke is a coward.

If we had a Team Captain of the ilk of an Alan McDonald, there is no way he puts in a performance like that.
Bluebirds Match Thread on 20:36 - Jan 1 with 1167 viewsQPROslo

Bluebirds Match Thread on 15:19 - Jan 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Goutas.
Larkeche didn't even get off the ground.

And I think he blocked off Dunne from getting his head on that too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024