Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scum v Pool 17:42 - Feb 25 with 4487 viewsStanisgod

Beaten by a bunch of kids 😀😀😀

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Scum v Pool on 21:37 - Feb 25 with 1579 viewsDannyPaddox

I fully accept we have aged, addled, and deranged many a man but the Chelsea effect here is a thing to behold.
Scum v Pool on 05:02 - Feb 26 with 1385 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Scum v Pool on 18:04 - Feb 25 by paulparker

The only thing I can take from this game is Peter Dury and Jaime Carragher should never ever be allowed to commentate on any football match again, truly embarrassing
Infact both should be taken out to sea and dumped there

Sadly I have to sit and listen to Peter Drury scream the name of the person about to kick or head the ball 2 games every weekend over here in the US .
Its just beyond frustrating as most shots hit the upper deck anyway.
As a poster above said give me Jon Champion and Stewart Robson anyday but I think they are based in a studio in America instead of England for most games .
We had Arlo White for a few years until he drank from the poison Chalice and went to LIV golf .
I was disgusted that Van Dyke headed that winner 30 seconds before penalties because I do love those
Scum v Pool on 07:32 - Feb 26 with 1315 viewsGaryBannister86

Scum v Pool on 05:02 - Feb 26 by CLAREMAN1995

Sadly I have to sit and listen to Peter Drury scream the name of the person about to kick or head the ball 2 games every weekend over here in the US .
Its just beyond frustrating as most shots hit the upper deck anyway.
As a poster above said give me Jon Champion and Stewart Robson anyday but I think they are based in a studio in America instead of England for most games .
We had Arlo White for a few years until he drank from the poison Chalice and went to LIV golf .
I was disgusted that Van Dyke headed that winner 30 seconds before penalties because I do love those

Why are commentators like Drury and Matterface so in love with their opening 5 minute soliloquy full of puns and cliches and sycophantic rubbish? It's not Dancing on Ice.

And Drury's screaming of the player's name who shoots is pathetic.

Compare to the simple Coleman "one-nil"

Or the Davies "interesting......VERY interesting!"

Now they were class. Commentate on live sport = reacting to what you see, not reviewing your prepared notes from the week before.
Scum v Pool on 08:48 - Feb 26 with 1253 viewsHAYESBOY

So glad that lot lost obviously but the facts are that at the start of the game and end of the game the Chelsea sides average age was less than Liverpool's.
Cant stand Liverpool either by the way.
Was praying for a sink hole to appear.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Scum v Pool on 10:10 - Feb 26 with 1152 viewsWokingR

Chelsea Boy in the office is certainly a bit quiet this morning
Scum v Pool on 10:51 - Feb 26 with 1095 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Really strange they lost because I was only reading a puff-piece in the Sunday Times yesterday about how well everything was going - apparently they're sixth in the Justice League.
Scum v Pool on 12:00 - Feb 26 with 1034 viewshubble

Scum v Pool on 18:04 - Feb 25 by paulparker

The only thing I can take from this game is Peter Dury and Jaime Carragher should never ever be allowed to commentate on any football match again, truly embarrassing
Infact both should be taken out to sea and dumped there

I listened on the radio while cooking Sunday lunch. I often find you get a better commentary on the radio, and even though it was the much-derided Matterface, he was good, as was Stuart Pearce alongside him.

Later, I watched the highlights, and you're right: Dury sounded completely demented. It's a game of football mate, not Liverpool winning the third world war.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Scum v Pool on 12:01 - Feb 26 with 1041 viewstraininvain

Scum v Pool on 08:48 - Feb 26 by HAYESBOY

So glad that lot lost obviously but the facts are that at the start of the game and end of the game the Chelsea sides average age was less than Liverpool's.
Cant stand Liverpool either by the way.
Was praying for a sink hole to appear.

Age is one factor but also need to consider experience/first team appearances and cost. Big difference between £88.5m Mudryk with 16 caps for Ukraine, champions league appearances etc vs 18 year old Jayden Danns making only his second appearance for Liverpool first team.
Login to get fewer ads

Scum v Pool on 20:50 - Feb 26 with 898 viewspaulparker

Scum v Pool on 07:32 - Feb 26 by GaryBannister86

Why are commentators like Drury and Matterface so in love with their opening 5 minute soliloquy full of puns and cliches and sycophantic rubbish? It's not Dancing on Ice.

And Drury's screaming of the player's name who shoots is pathetic.

Compare to the simple Coleman "one-nil"

Or the Davies "interesting......VERY interesting!"

Now they were class. Commentate on live sport = reacting to what you see, not reviewing your prepared notes from the week before.

Because he tries to make every single moment a highlight that in 5/10 years time will look amazing as a 30 second clip on youtube. I think it was Gallagher in the last few minutes of normal time where really he should have scored and he shouts something like “This is Connor Gallagher”. If that goal goes in and he wins the cup that moment will become iconic for years, instead it was a decent save and the shouting wasn’t needed.
His so bad that I think even his wife and kids must hate him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Scum v Pool on 21:39 - Feb 26 with 851 viewsLazyFan

Scum v Pool on 18:12 - Feb 25 by stowmarketrange

They still have the FA cup to go for,at least until this week.

What is this FA Cup 4th round witchery you speak of?
We never enter that 4th round out of Charity for whichever part-time posties and bin men we are playing that year.

Anyway good point; I see they play Leeds on a Wed in Winter. hmmm, the horses will be out that night for sure. I think I will avoid that area at all costs.

Hopefully, they get knocked out of that, too; they probably need another round against one of the big prem clubs (which they are not).

zzzzzzzzzz

Scum v Pool on 22:38 - Feb 26 with 800 viewsNed_Kennedys

Scum v Pool on 12:00 - Feb 26 by hubble

I listened on the radio while cooking Sunday lunch. I often find you get a better commentary on the radio, and even though it was the much-derided Matterface, he was good, as was Stuart Pearce alongside him.

Later, I watched the highlights, and you're right: Dury sounded completely demented. It's a game of football mate, not Liverpool winning the third world war.

Drury nearly spontaneously combusted when Van Dijk scored initially…… looked a right mug a few minutes later when VAR disallowed it.
Full of hyperbole and annoying: he’s miles behind legends like Barry Davies who let the football do most of the talking.
Scum v Pool on 22:51 - Feb 26 with 789 viewsnumptydumpty

Scum v Pool on 18:17 - Feb 25 by ted_hendrix

The same filthy pig Carragher who saw fit to spit on a young kid, I can't stand the bloody Man the filthy bastard, he should have received a commentary life ban.

Didn't watch the game as I have less than zero interest In It.

Terrible decision by Sky

I watched him just a few days later Ted after the spitting, being interviewed by one of the Sky Sports News Presenters saying how bad it was, what he had done.

To be honest I was stunned Sky did not get rid of him. Think he was saved because Sky believe him and Gary Neville work as pundits together.

Everytime I see him I just think Scum...

Life can be weird but blokes that can spit out of a car because of a football result, it seriously isn't a good look. Can't stand the man.

If I had done that and it had been filmed, I honestly would not have been able to continue in the job myself. My conscience would have prevented me from continuing. Would have been so embarrassed and i would have actually agreed that i should be removed. But was at a 14 year old girl too.

Baffling that Sky kept him and yes he is simply fricking irritating anyhow.

Gary Neville though. Nice line about the Blue Billion Pound Bottle Jobs. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
[Post edited 26 Feb 23:00]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Scum v Pool on 08:36 - Feb 27 with 654 viewsstowmarketrange

Scum v Pool on 21:39 - Feb 26 by LazyFan

What is this FA Cup 4th round witchery you speak of?
We never enter that 4th round out of Charity for whichever part-time posties and bin men we are playing that year.

Anyway good point; I see they play Leeds on a Wed in Winter. hmmm, the horses will be out that night for sure. I think I will avoid that area at all costs.

Hopefully, they get knocked out of that, too; they probably need another round against one of the big prem clubs (which they are not).

They always seem to get drawn at home to one of the minnows,like Bradford. .Another game I hope dirty Leeds win.
Scum v Pool on 15:41 - Feb 27 with 548 viewsjoe90

This goes to the core of what I dislike about Liverpool fans.
Scum v Pool on 07:48 - Feb 28 with 438 viewsNorthernr

Klopp now moaning about the midweek FA Cup round.... which he drove by bitching and moaning about a mid winter break.

Scum v Pool on 08:02 - Feb 28 with 417 viewsTGRRRSSS

Oh yes the inconvenient business of playing games which is kind of the point...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024