Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 676088 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:05 - Jul 15 with 6267 viewsCateLeBonR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:51 - Jul 15 by dmm

You know, the position Chair plays - a right footed forward who plays on the left.

And, you must know what a no 10 is. You're a QPR supporter!

We also know what a no 2 is as QPR supporters!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:06 - Jul 15 with 6251 viewsvanrrrr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:17 - Jul 15 by Lblock

Concur.

However, I do feel he's behind where he should be in his career.

Maybe the club are at fault there as clearly he should've been out on loan somewhere starting regularly but we clearly needed him.
You cannot question his pace, his energy, his physicality and his passion.
What needs work is his finishing, his decision making, his heading and his temperament --- the big question is can those be coached into him? Maybe the decision making, maybe the temperament and quite possibly the decision making but shooting... I think you either have that or you don't but who knows?

The mad thing is he's only one purple patch in front of goal away from being a £5mill player + add on's
That sounds mental but that is modern day football.
Start the season terrorising WBA centre backs, nick a couple of goals, kick on and his Agent sniffing out bigger clubs will get some interest and he can go for a multi million Fee and it'll be job done for the club.

If he leaves I'll be sad to see him go as there's every chance he could rip it up but equally he might not.
Key here is the Fee then - if we're talking £1.7Mill for Dykes then Sincs easily more than that.

1 year left on Sinclairs contract means the fee won't be anywhere near a Dykes Fee. Lyndon did good by us signing an extension

i'd say 750k plus an Eze type sell on %
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:08 - Jul 15 with 6228 viewsLongRanger

It doesn’t really matter what we think of him anymore, he has 1 year left, so either sign an extension or he has to be sold for as much as we can get.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:08 - Jul 15 with 6203 viewsDWQPR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:06 - Jul 15 by vanrrrr

1 year left on Sinclairs contract means the fee won't be anywhere near a Dykes Fee. Lyndon did good by us signing an extension

Given that Sinclair is under 23 would this not count in our favour despite only one year left on his contract?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:18 - Jul 15 with 6050 viewsGloucs_R

A fee of just £250k is being mentioned on twitter, for Sinclair.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:19 - Jul 15 with 6027 viewsvanrrrr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:08 - Jul 15 by DWQPR

Given that Sinclair is under 23 would this not count in our favour despite only one year left on his contract?

tbh I am not sure if that make a difference? I thought the age thing only came into effect if contract was expired , he left on a free and it went to a tribunal.......but I could be very wrong there
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:31 - Jul 15 with 5908 viewsHayesender

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:18 - Jul 15 by Gloucs_R

A fee of just £250k is being mentioned on twitter, for Sinclair.

That's probably more accurate. When you think Millwall got Langstaff for only £750k, there's not a hope in hell we'll get anywhere near that for an unproven Armstrong with only a year left on his contract

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:34 - Jul 15 with 5882 viewsqueensparker

Actual money for both Dykes and Armstrong to fund Marti’s choice of centre forward would be great business in my view.

Dykes has had enough chances and ain’t it. Good bloke and everything but if someone is going to pay seven figures then take it.

I love Sinclair but there’s a very good chance he’s never going make it higher than us, and he’s clearly going to run his contract down.

Can’t be too sentimental
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 02:12 - Jul 16 with 5373 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:46 - Jul 15 by BklynRanger

Frey is looking fit in the training videos, for what that's worth.

Will be interesting to see how Kolli comes along this season.

Not sure if Armstrong will be here by the end of August, but he's an option - with some clears positives and negatives true.

Its been a few weeks now but we need to remember that two huge issues we had last season were being well below par in goal, and well below par up front. We've sorted half of that, and getting any kind of decent money for Dykes would greatly help sorting the other part. I'd agree if it's sell Dykes and not replace him then no, but it won't be.

Kolli seems to be more of an attacking midfielder. If the interest in Dykes (Blackburn) and Armstrong (Bristol C) comes to fruition, we'll be left with Frey as only recognised striker. No way that will get us through a full 46 game season. And bringing in replacements doesn't come cheap.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 05:03 - Jul 16 with 5253 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 02:12 - Jul 16 by derbyhoop

Kolli seems to be more of an attacking midfielder. If the interest in Dykes (Blackburn) and Armstrong (Bristol C) comes to fruition, we'll be left with Frey as only recognised striker. No way that will get us through a full 46 game season. And bringing in replacements doesn't come cheap.

I only remember seeing Kolli come on up front. But anyway, not sure what your point is to be honest - other than we can't go through the season with one senior forward, and forwards are expensive. Are you saying you want to keep one, or both of them?
[Post edited 16 Jul 5:16]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:06 - Jul 16 with 5173 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:06 - Jul 15 by vanrrrr

Good point about Dykes signing the contract. He didn't have to and uld of walked this summer for nothing, so I hope he gets a good deal should he move on.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:52 - Jul 16 with 5009 viewsHoopstar

For a bloke who has only scored 3 goals (is that right?) for us, I feel like I have spent a long time watching someone kiss the badge and milk every last bit of 'connection' with the fans who has absolutely zero intention on staying with the club (seemingly.)

Weird one Armstrong isn't it - really like him, but 90% of that is purely the teams he played in being so bad that just having his blood and thunder style was something of a relief.

For what it's worth, I can't see him fitting into a Marti team and if Marti is indeed building a project then I am not overly fussed with his leaving. How wise that may be re: Marti I do not know in terms of the longevity of said project, and do think there's a Championship striker in Armstrong. Not this season though, and if it helps us get a better striker in I am not that concerned at his leaving as and when it happens.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:11 - Jul 16 with 4934 viewsGus_iom

Transfer rumours 2024 on 05:03 - Jul 16 by BklynRanger

I only remember seeing Kolli come on up front. But anyway, not sure what your point is to be honest - other than we can't go through the season with one senior forward, and forwards are expensive. Are you saying you want to keep one, or both of them?

If I was Derbyhoop, I'd have ended that with, 'so can you lend me a tenner to get home, guv?'
Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:36 - Jul 16 with 4816 viewscpgerber

I'm not worried. If Dykes and/or Armstrong goes, we will have a plan and I won't be surprised if we are close to finalising it also. Given Noury and Marti's record in recent months, I have complete faith in what they are doing.

I have a very, very, very cunning plan.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:09 - Jul 16 with 4652 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 05:03 - Jul 16 by BklynRanger

Certainly can't see any logic in letting both go, unless we have a replacement(s) lined up. If we have, we've kept it v quiet.

Might cost a bit more than a tenner to get home. CUrrently in Thailand. Hence postings at stupid times of the day.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:18 - Jul 16 with 4575 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:09 - Jul 16 by derbyhoop

Certainly can't see any logic in letting both go, unless we have a replacement(s) lined up. If we have, we've kept it v quiet.

Might cost a bit more than a tenner to get home. CUrrently in Thailand. Hence postings at stupid times of the day.

Lucky bastard
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:40 - Jul 16 with 4186 viewsbosh67

Transfer rumours 2024 on 07:36 - Jul 16 by cpgerber

I'm not worried. If Dykes and/or Armstrong goes, we will have a plan and I won't be surprised if we are close to finalising it also. Given Noury and Marti's record in recent months, I have complete faith in what they are doing.

I have a very, very, very cunning plan.

It looks like Armstrong's possible move to Bristol City could be on. I wonder what kind of money and any sell on fee would be put in place?

I'd be kind of sorry to see him go because he has a great attitude but he's not a natural goal scorer and we're desperate for that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:44 - Jul 16 with 4141 viewsTheChef

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:40 - Jul 16 by bosh67

It looks like Armstrong's possible move to Bristol City could be on. I wonder what kind of money and any sell on fee would be put in place?

I'd be kind of sorry to see him go because he has a great attitude but he's not a natural goal scorer and we're desperate for that.

Not sure he has such a great attitude if after all the badge kissing etc. he's happy to move on at the drop of a hat!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:09 - Jul 16 with 3968 viewsGloucs_R

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:44 - Jul 16 by TheChef

Not sure he has such a great attitude if after all the badge kissing etc. he's happy to move on at the drop of a hat!

He clearly (possibly his agent) thinks he is better than what he is.

But in his defense, he's been poorly managed by us. We were desperate, threw him in to the deep end and put lots of hopes and dreams on him.

The reality is, he's currently a League 1 / 2 player who needs to be playing at that level, learning the game and scoring goals. Could he be a Championship striker in 2/3 years, possibly. He's certainly got a lot of the attributes but does miss some of the foundations. But he's not going to get to that level without playing 30+ games in the lower leagues next season. If he think he's going to go to Bristol and be anything more than a bench warmer, coming on for the last 20 mins, then he's in for a bit of a shock.

So unlike Chair (Stevenage) and Eze (Wycombe), I think we have handled it poorly but needs must and all that.

PS - Kolli is another one we are getting all excited about, I would like him (and Walsh for that matter) to go out on loan for a season.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:42 - Jul 16 with 3469 viewsDavieQPR

He did have loans at Torquay and Aldershot in the National League and didn't do very well.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:03 - Jul 16 with 3299 viewsStanisgod

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:34 - Jul 15 by queensparker

Actual money for both Dykes and Armstrong to fund Marti’s choice of centre forward would be great business in my view.

Dykes has had enough chances and ain’t it. Good bloke and everything but if someone is going to pay seven figures then take it.

I love Sinclair but there’s a very good chance he’s never going make it higher than us, and he’s clearly going to run his contract down.

Can’t be too sentimental

Makes out he loves club with all the tears etc .but would run his contract down so we got nothing at the drop of a hat.
If you love it that much mate tell your agent you want to stay here and get the best deal possible, young enough to do that. Or FO, and learn what offside is and learn to finish.
I feel better now
[Post edited 16 Jul 13:05]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:14 - Jul 16 with 3209 viewsMaggsinho

Stoke also interested according to WLS.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:36 - Jul 16 with 3028 viewskensalriser

I’d seen enough of Armstrong by the SW home game in which he was easily nullified. The correct price for him is about the value of a one bedroom flat on Ellerslie Rd and I’d be happy to see him go for that. Happy for Dykes to go, too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:48 - Jul 16 with 2957 viewseghamranger

Can’t see Dykes moving on. He’s got his family house in Sunningdale and his child going to a local school. Can’t see him moving to Blackburn or anywhere up north.
I actually like him, he’s a proper handful. Just wish he would score a few more goals ffs
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:52 - Jul 16 with 2895 viewsswisscottage

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:42 - Jul 16 by DavieQPR

He did have loans at Torquay and Aldershot in the National League and didn't do very well.

So as an 18/19yo he has a month loan at Aldershot and 2 goals in 3 games, and 2 goals in nine games for Torquay in a 2-1/2 month loan where he was mostly played out wide.

I'm not sure how you come to your assessment.

Not to mention 6 goals in 8 games in ROI U21s.

I really don't read much into a poor scoring record for us when in reality he wasn't ready for this level of football in 2022/3, and was mostly used as an impact sub in 23/24 where the team wasn't really built to service him.

He is late comer to the centre forward role with most of his youth play as a winger, and his hold up play and judging the offsides will improve with coaching and playing.

I'm disappointed we can't get him to sign, but at the end of the day with a bad agent like I'm not going to sneeze at getting 500k now and a 15 to 20% sell on fee.

Apparently Stjoke are interested now as well so maybe we'll get the price bumped a little.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024