Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 13:52 - May 22 with 15006 viewsraynor94

Are we about to hear the date later today, Sunak has called a cabinet meeting this afternoon.

Inflation is down, things aren't going to get much better for the Tories.

July 4thšŸ˜‰

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

General Election on 09:08 - May 29 with 1017 viewstrampie

General Election on 09:02 - May 29 by jackrmee

As most can probably tell, I am not very clued up on actual politics.

I really donā€™t understand why it is so important to follow the parties.
I mean, why is it always labour vs Tories, even though both are sh!t?
Why, when an amazing candidate pops up, itā€™s virtually impossible for him/her to win, unless they join one of the two main parties?
Why donā€™t independents ever win?

Same with USA. Simple 2 party war every time. Even though they are both the same and both pathetic.

The main Westminster parties unfortunately discredit everyone else.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

General Election on 09:17 - May 29 with 1022 viewsjackrmee

General Election on 09:08 - May 29 by trampie

The main Westminster parties unfortunately discredit everyone else.

Aye, with their press cronies

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

General Election on 11:08 - May 29 with 958 viewstrampie

General Election on 09:17 - May 29 by jackrmee

Yes indeed.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

General Election on 12:18 - May 29 with 945 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 09:17 - May 29 by jackrmee

Mostly cut from the same Oxbridge/Russell Group PPE inadequates cloth

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

General Election on 12:20 - May 29 with 941 viewsonehunglow

General Election on 12:18 - May 29 by waynekerr55

Mostly cut from the same Oxbridge/Russell Group PPE inadequates cloth

Thought you were a Balliol Boy

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

General Election on 12:40 - May 29 with 924 viewsGwyn737

Junior Doctor strike called for 5 days from the 27th June.

Pretty brutal election timing , that.
General Election on 22:14 - May 29 with 818 viewsraynor94

General Election on 12:40 - May 29 by Gwyn737

Junior Doctor strike called for 5 days from the 27th June.

Pretty brutal election timing , that.

Anything to get the Tories out, and I wish I had a Ā£1 for everytime cost of living crisis or pandemic is mentioned.

I'd be a millionaire

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

General Election on 22:48 - May 29 with 796 viewsScotia

General Election on 09:02 - May 29 by jackrmee

As most can probably tell, I am not very clued up on actual politics.

I really donā€™t understand why it is so important to follow the parties.
I mean, why is it always labour vs Tories, even though both are sh!t?
Why, when an amazing candidate pops up, itā€™s virtually impossible for him/her to win, unless they join one of the two main parties?
Why donā€™t independents ever win?

Same with USA. Simple 2 party war every time. Even though they are both the same and both pathetic.

Because they only have to appeal to the minority of people who will vote the same way in every election. Anyone can stand for election but nobody will vote for them.

Elections in the UK and USA are decided on a handful of votes, and when at least 40% of people who could vote don't bother to do so the political parties are safe because they can bank on their hardcore support.

We need to have a big change to the entire political/electoral system.

My vote in Swansea east/neath constituency is usually wasted because labour will win in a landslide. I want the Tories to be destroyed in this election so it's not so much of a problem, but in a tighter battle it would be.

The government will be decided by a few thousand people in places like Leigh and Carmarthenshire West over the wishes of millions.
Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 07:09 - May 30 with 736 viewsDr_Winston

Alleged sex pest and strong contender for most stupid person that I've ever met in my life Geraint Davies MP steps down. Carolyn Harris now unopposed as most useless elected representative for the Swansea area.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/suspended-welsh-labour-mp-wont-29253

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

General Election on 07:31 - May 30 with 730 viewsAnotherJohn

General Election on 07:09 - May 30 by Dr_Winston

Alleged sex pest and strong contender for most stupid person that I've ever met in my life Geraint Davies MP steps down. Carolyn Harris now unopposed as most useless elected representative for the Swansea area.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/suspended-welsh-labour-mp-wont-29253

So depressing! Whatever candidate is put up by Labour will be elected. Davies' shortcomings have been obvious for years - right back to his extortionate expenses claims in Croydon - highest of any MP. But that is ignored by the core vote. I confess that foolishly I myself voted for him when he first came to us. It has been like a slow motion car crash that most could see coming ages ago.
General Election on 07:42 - May 30 with 726 viewsAnotherJohn

General Election on 12:20 - May 29 by onehunglow

Thought you were a Balliol Boy

It all goes back to that unfortunate quotation from PM Herbert Asquith about Balliol men engendering ā€œa tranquil consciousness of effortless superiorityā€.
General Election on 09:28 - May 30 with 699 viewsonehunglow

General Election on 07:42 - May 30 by AnotherJohn

It all goes back to that unfortunate quotation from PM Herbert Asquith about Balliol men engendering ā€œa tranquil consciousness of effortless superiorityā€.

Morning John.
Youā€™re not just ā€œ anotherā€ John.

Wayne is a self made man who had to go to school with no shoes and ate lard sandwiches for lunch

General Election on 10:26 - May 30 with 666 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 09:28 - May 30 by onehunglow

Morning John.
Youā€™re not just ā€œ anotherā€ John.

Wayne is a self made man who had to go to school with no shoes and ate lard sandwiches for lunch

Lard sandwiches for lunch FFS šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

General Election on 11:01 - May 30 with 639 viewsonehunglow

General Election on 10:26 - May 30 by waynekerr55

Lard sandwiches for lunch FFS šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Little bit of poetic licence on a rather flat day .
I didnā€™t want to infer you were poor but we had proper dripping sandwiches on a Monday .
You didnt have to wear sisters hand me down dresses too ,like me

General Election on 11:40 - May 30 with 611 viewswaynekerr55

General Election on 11:01 - May 30 by onehunglow

Little bit of poetic licence on a rather flat day .
I didnā€™t want to infer you were poor but we had proper dripping sandwiches on a Monday .
You didnt have to wear sisters hand me down dresses too ,like me

Oh ffs never change šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

General Election on 12:05 - May 30 with 590 viewsunion_jack

From watching KS on the news today from Monmouthshire, it looks like Welsh Labour are going to stand on a pledge to bring immigrants in and make them unidentifiable.

The board at the back said ā€˜Change New IDā€™

šŸ˜‚

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

General Election on 12:31 - May 30 with 579 viewsBoundy

General Election on 12:05 - May 30 by union_jack

From watching KS on the news today from Monmouthshire, it looks like Welsh Labour are going to stand on a pledge to bring immigrants in and make them unidentifiable.

The board at the back said ā€˜Change New IDā€™

šŸ˜‚

You get what you vote for , more of the same . more pressure less job choice , bigger class sizes , the list is endless , but hi ho diversity is a blessing.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the peopleā€”not the master."

General Election on 16:05 - May 30 with 508 viewsRobbie

Discussion on tele earlier , Tories are dead against the Labour Manifesto clause to bring the voting age down to 16 .

They fear the youngsters of today are so brainwashed and educated to believe in diversity and inclusion , gay rights etc , the new voters will go for the woke agendas and all things Green .

Thus losing the true art of Political Debate across all topics of importance to us , added to votes being lost to others against the Conservative values and beliefs they hold seems a concern to the Tories .

Good points made . For now my pencil and pencil sharperer will remain in their case .

So far both main leaders and Parties must be neck and neck in the polls .

Totally O/T but seen The Ukraine Ladies Football Team in Swansea earlier , taking photos of Swansea Castle and the surrounds , few beauts hanging about in Castle Gardens then as normal . Wonder if they got into the landscape

General Election on 17:27 - May 30 with 465 viewsScotia

General Election on 16:05 - May 30 by Robbie

Discussion on tele earlier , Tories are dead against the Labour Manifesto clause to bring the voting age down to 16 .

They fear the youngsters of today are so brainwashed and educated to believe in diversity and inclusion , gay rights etc , the new voters will go for the woke agendas and all things Green .

Thus losing the true art of Political Debate across all topics of importance to us , added to votes being lost to others against the Conservative values and beliefs they hold seems a concern to the Tories .

Good points made . For now my pencil and pencil sharperer will remain in their case .

So far both main leaders and Parties must be neck and neck in the polls .

Totally O/T but seen The Ukraine Ladies Football Team in Swansea earlier , taking photos of Swansea Castle and the surrounds , few beauts hanging about in Castle Gardens then as normal . Wonder if they got into the landscape

I think it's more likely that youngsters haven't been corrupted by the right wing media.
General Election on 17:51 - May 30 with 427 viewsWhiterockin

General Election on 17:27 - May 30 by Scotia

I think it's more likely that youngsters haven't been corrupted by the right wing media.

I have 3 grandchildren under the age of 21 and above 16 and they do not have a clue about politics or who is in what party, nor do their friends. Well educated but not in politics. I wonder how the children will vote, if they do.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

General Election on 17:59 - May 30 with 403 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Strange how these people believe a 16 year old child is mature enough to vote but isnā€™t mature enough to have a fag, buy a lottery ticket, have a pint or put a flutter on the horses.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

General Election on 18:03 - May 30 with 399 viewsWhiterockin

General Election on 17:59 - May 30 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Strange how these people believe a 16 year old child is mature enough to vote but isnā€™t mature enough to have a fag, buy a lottery ticket, have a pint or put a flutter on the horses.

The majority of 16 year old don't read newspapers or watch the news. They don't even watch live tv unless it's sport. How can they form political views unless they are in a school or college environment where it is prevalent.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

General Election on 18:06 - May 30 with 385 viewsScotia

General Election on 17:59 - May 30 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

But is also old enough to have a child, get married and join the army.
General Election on 18:07 - May 30 with 373 viewsScotia

General Election on 18:03 - May 30 by Whiterockin

The majority of 16 year old don't read newspapers or watch the news. They don't even watch live tv unless it's sport. How can they form political views unless they are in a school or college environment where it is prevalent.

You could say that about the majority of adults.
General Election on 18:09 - May 30 with 361 viewsonehunglow

General Election on 18:03 - May 30 by Whiterockin

Itā€™s why Corbyn wanted the voting age lowered

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024