Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who are you voting for? 22:28 - Jun 12 with 11925 viewsSouthamptonfan

Who are you voting for?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 13 Jun 9:43]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Who are you voting for? on 16:50 - Jul 4 with 947 viewskentsouthampton

Who are you voting for? on 11:15 - Jul 4 by Bridders2

All those things would have happened under Labour if they had been in power, the Covid pandemic cost over 400 billion, money we had to borrow, which meant there would be shortages, which by the way will continue under Labour. As for schools, education standards have increased under the Conservatives, they sorted Labour's ' dumbed down' curriculum where employers couldn't hire kids because they didn't know the basics.
The only way Heisenburgs list will be addressed, and I hope it will, is if the economy really gets going. The government have addressed this by getting inflation down (and soon interest rates), low unemployment and steady growth, which is starting to happen. Labour's plans to increase corporation tax, business rates, council tax, and taxes in general could stifle any growth.
They will however open the gates to mass immigration which will make the poor in this country even poorer.

400 billion that went to Tory cronies noddy.
Everything worked fine last time Labour were in power.
Who are you voting for? on 17:03 - Jul 4 with 932 viewsfranniesTache

Who are you voting for? on 16:50 - Jul 4 by kentsouthampton

400 billion that went to Tory cronies noddy.
Everything worked fine last time Labour were in power.

i always find the narrative to the last labour government was a disaster as a weird re-writing of history, if you look at the actual facts there's a pretty strong argument that the Blair/Brown period was one of the best for normal people in this country in my lifetime.

Obviously Blair will forever be tarnished with the illegal war in Iraq (and rightly so) but generally speaking by virtually every metric the quality of life for the general public improved under Labour.

Waiting lists for the NHS went down, the minimum wage was brought in, the equality gap for pay was significantly lower, the economy was good, investment in social care, housing and job creation was better than under any tory government i've lived under, devolution was brought in for scotland, wales and northern ireland. The good friday agreement was signed (obviously a lot of credit for that has to go to John Major too), gay marriage via civil partnerships was brought in (and section 28 repealed).

Tax Credits, Child Benefit and Income Support went up by 72% in real terms, improvements were made in financial support to pensioners, and by 2004, the poorest third of pensioners were £1,750 a year better off.

Child poverty was more than halved during the Blair/Brown years and statutory holiday pay was brought in to make sure all people were given paid holidays, they also brought in shared paternity/maternity leave and extended it to people who'd adopted.

Then there were smaller things that were hugely positive like removing charges for guide dogs in taxi's and making it easier for tenants to switch from leaseholds to commonholds.

In amongst this there were unpopular things like tuition fees for university, closer EU ties and not regulating the financial sector properly, but compared to the damage the psychopaths in the current government have done in the last 14 years the last Labour government were genuinely transformational for most people in this country.
Who are you voting for? on 17:39 - Jul 4 with 912 viewsBridders2

Who are you voting for? on 17:03 - Jul 4 by franniesTache

i always find the narrative to the last labour government was a disaster as a weird re-writing of history, if you look at the actual facts there's a pretty strong argument that the Blair/Brown period was one of the best for normal people in this country in my lifetime.

Obviously Blair will forever be tarnished with the illegal war in Iraq (and rightly so) but generally speaking by virtually every metric the quality of life for the general public improved under Labour.

Waiting lists for the NHS went down, the minimum wage was brought in, the equality gap for pay was significantly lower, the economy was good, investment in social care, housing and job creation was better than under any tory government i've lived under, devolution was brought in for scotland, wales and northern ireland. The good friday agreement was signed (obviously a lot of credit for that has to go to John Major too), gay marriage via civil partnerships was brought in (and section 28 repealed).

Tax Credits, Child Benefit and Income Support went up by 72% in real terms, improvements were made in financial support to pensioners, and by 2004, the poorest third of pensioners were £1,750 a year better off.

Child poverty was more than halved during the Blair/Brown years and statutory holiday pay was brought in to make sure all people were given paid holidays, they also brought in shared paternity/maternity leave and extended it to people who'd adopted.

Then there were smaller things that were hugely positive like removing charges for guide dogs in taxi's and making it easier for tenants to switch from leaseholds to commonholds.

In amongst this there were unpopular things like tuition fees for university, closer EU ties and not regulating the financial sector properly, but compared to the damage the psychopaths in the current government have done in the last 14 years the last Labour government were genuinely transformational for most people in this country.

Agreed most of those tzhings were good, but Brown/ Blair inherited a fast growing economy by 1997 giving them the money. Who made that possible? The Conservative government under John Major! He got the economy growing at 2.5%....Lucky Blair got the cash.
But typical of a Labour government they overspent, introduced stealth taxes, borrowed and didn't repay the national debt or save for major shocks. So when the financial crisis happened, guess what? They had no funds to deal with it, and then had to borrow another 400 billion!!!
The Conservatives had to pick up the pieces...then got hit with Covid and the Ukraine war. Under the circumstances they done well to start turning it round.
Who are you voting for? on 17:57 - Jul 4 with 889 viewssaint22

Who are you voting for? on 17:39 - Jul 4 by Bridders2

Agreed most of those tzhings were good, but Brown/ Blair inherited a fast growing economy by 1997 giving them the money. Who made that possible? The Conservative government under John Major! He got the economy growing at 2.5%....Lucky Blair got the cash.
But typical of a Labour government they overspent, introduced stealth taxes, borrowed and didn't repay the national debt or save for major shocks. So when the financial crisis happened, guess what? They had no funds to deal with it, and then had to borrow another 400 billion!!!
The Conservatives had to pick up the pieces...then got hit with Covid and the Ukraine war. Under the circumstances they done well to start turning it round.

the conservatives have done well to start turning it around.....?!!!

Are you on crack?

they have hammered our country to pieces, aside from their little clique of lords and ladies and friends in hugh places whose palms they lined with silver through the Cover crisis

Some people will just never learn
Who are you voting for? on 18:19 - Jul 4 with 871 viewsSanMarco

Who are you voting for? on 21:16 - Jun 13 by kernow

He’s also a subversive, not a criminal offense either.
Good for him he doesn’t live in China where he would probably face public execution.

What's he subverting other than decency?

If he lived in China he would be Xi's best mate.
Who are you voting for? on 18:56 - Jul 4 with 834 viewskentsouthampton

More rewriting history, clearly you either weren't born then or are just plain retarded.
Who are you voting for? on 18:57 - Jul 4 with 833 viewskentsouthampton

Who are you voting for? on 17:57 - Jul 4 by saint22

the conservatives have done well to start turning it around.....?!!!

Are you on crack?

they have hammered our country to pieces, aside from their little clique of lords and ladies and friends in hugh places whose palms they lined with silver through the Cover crisis

Some people will just never learn

Some people are just plain thick, little wonder we ended up with Brexit.
Who are you voting for? on 19:07 - Jul 4 with 813 viewsButty101

Who are you voting for? on 18:57 - Jul 4 by kentsouthampton

Some people are just plain thick, little wonder we ended up with Brexit.

You two Walter Mittys for starters are the dumbest on here.

One imagines hes a high flyer of a businessman, thats jetting back and forward to the states. The other digs worms and pretends hes a saints supporter. Who in their right mind would listen to you two?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Who are you voting for? on 19:54 - Jul 4 with 786 viewsfranniesTache

Funnily enough I tend to think john major was a pretty good PM in awful circumstances, and actually have a hell of a lot of respect for his stance on Ireland when he was willing to take his own government down to gain peace.

That said the economy didn’t really start to boom until much later, so crediting him with it is just plain wrong.

As for stealth taxes, they werent really stealth, they were taxes. And that’s why we had better public services and social care. If you want those things you have to pay for them, and if the rich don’t pay their way we have to cover the burden.

As for the financial crisis virtually no government on earth survived it (other than those that had regulated banking heavily before it happened) and I don’t think any political party would’ve seen anything other than the result we had.

So balancing things off the quality of life in those labour years was better for almost everyone in this country, and certainly the best I remember.

I still don’t like Blair as a person, he was far too egocentric, weirdly religious and lied to the public on Iraq. But I can’t take away the facts because I don’t like the man
[Post edited 4 Jul 19:58]
Who are you voting for? on 21:59 - Jul 4 with 718 viewsBridders2

Who are you voting for? on 19:54 - Jul 4 by franniesTache

Funnily enough I tend to think john major was a pretty good PM in awful circumstances, and actually have a hell of a lot of respect for his stance on Ireland when he was willing to take his own government down to gain peace.

That said the economy didn’t really start to boom until much later, so crediting him with it is just plain wrong.

As for stealth taxes, they werent really stealth, they were taxes. And that’s why we had better public services and social care. If you want those things you have to pay for them, and if the rich don’t pay their way we have to cover the burden.

As for the financial crisis virtually no government on earth survived it (other than those that had regulated banking heavily before it happened) and I don’t think any political party would’ve seen anything other than the result we had.

So balancing things off the quality of life in those labour years was better for almost everyone in this country, and certainly the best I remember.

I still don’t like Blair as a person, he was far too egocentric, weirdly religious and lied to the public on Iraq. But I can’t take away the facts because I don’t like the man
[Post edited 4 Jul 19:58]

Well you need to look at the facts, I know 22 is a typical reactionary, knee -jerk Labour echo chamber, but you seem more reasoned. Blair inherited a fast growing economy from Major.

'It certainly helped that in 1997 Labour inherited a reasonably good economy with national debt close to the lowest level for 80 years. After the ERM debacle of 1992, the UK economy recovered and by 1997 had a decent momentum, with growth averaging 2.5%, but inflation well under control.' 1 May 2024
https://www.economicshelp.org › ec...
Who are you voting for? on 22:06 - Jul 4 with 709 viewsBridders2

Who are you voting for? on 18:56 - Jul 4 by kentsouthampton

More rewriting history, clearly you either weren't born then or are just plain retarded.

No wonder the Labour Party are full of half-wits like you
Read the facts....

'It certainly helped that in 1997 Labour inherited a reasonably good economy with national debt close to the lowest level for 80 years. After the ERM debacle of 1992, the UK economy recovered and by 1997 had a decent momentum, with growth averaging 2.5%, but inflation well under control.' 1 May 2024
Who are you voting for? on 22:23 - Jul 4 with 667 viewsRon11

Who are you voting for? on 09:33 - Jun 17 by Bridders2

Last year we saw 750,000 come into the country predominantly from third world countries, as a net figure. The gross figure was 1.2 Million !!! If you say average 2 people per property to house that many people you are looking at 375,000 homes needed. On top of that we have 150,000 illegal migrants waiting to be processed. We are building about 200,000 homes a year for the population we already have, so cannot possibly accommodate these extra numbers. We've increased our population by 10 million since 2000 and we wonder why people can't find a dentist, the NHS is on it's knees, people wait years for housing, house prices are sky high, schools are full up, roads are gridlocked etc etc.
Labour started the mass immigration policy under Blair because they assumed all immigrants would vote Labour and the Conservatives assumed it would increase GDP, infact GDP per head falls, so we are all worse off. So is it any wonder that people are looking to Reform to get immigration back to 80's and early 90's levels.

Precisely.
Who are you voting for? on 22:27 - Jul 4 with 652 viewsRon11

Who are you voting for? on 23:22 - Jun 17 by saintmark1976

Bridder2 I think that you may find that your definition of the 150,000 to which you refer is incorrect.

It is my understanding that under International Law such people are asylum seekers and remain so until their application for asylum has been heard. They only become illegal immigrants should their application fail.

Whether you or anybody else thinks that giving them asylum is good or bad for the country is a matter of personal opinion.

What I suggest most people can agree with is the fact that the Tory Government of the past 14 years allowing such a vast backlog of applications to have accumulate has benefited absolutely no one whatsoever.

Your last paragraph, absolutely.
Who are you voting for? on 22:36 - Jul 4 with 643 viewskentsouthampton

Who are you voting for? on 19:07 - Jul 4 by Butty101

You two Walter Mittys for starters are the dumbest on here.

One imagines hes a high flyer of a businessman, thats jetting back and forward to the states. The other digs worms and pretends hes a saints supporter. Who in their right mind would listen to you two?

Did you forget your medication again?
Who are you voting for? on 22:49 - Jul 4 with 629 viewsfranniesTache

Who are you voting for? on 21:59 - Jul 4 by Bridders2

Well you need to look at the facts, I know 22 is a typical reactionary, knee -jerk Labour echo chamber, but you seem more reasoned. Blair inherited a fast growing economy from Major.

I wouldn’t deny that major was improving the economy, and impressively so after black Monday, but the real jump happened around 99 onwards.

Like I said I actually respect Major, and wish some of the current Tory lot had his integrity. Because proper opposition is vital for democracy.
Who are you voting for? on 23:55 - Jul 4 with 559 viewsLondonSaint76

Keep your eye on the result from the Great Yarmouth Constituency - a certain Mr. Rupert Lowe is standing as the Reform candidate, and yes, I have checked, it is the same RL that was once the Chairman of SFC 😮

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Who are you voting for? on 00:58 - Jul 5 with 514 viewskentsouthampton

Who are you voting for? on 02:21 - Jul 5 with 491 viewssaint22

Who are you voting for? on 21:59 - Jul 4 by Bridders2

Ha! Lived through Thatcher royally decimating our country privatising everything that we now suffer from, then just had to suffer 14 years of total incompetence austerity brexit whilst the likes of Cameron Raab Hancock BoJo et all run off to their country piles leaving us hard workers to pay through the nose in taxes for services that no longer exist

Seems like i am not the only who thinks that way either (other than you) given today’s decimation of the self serving morons

If you still think they got it right trust your family estate is looking after you because the welfare one won’t now thanks to them
Who are you voting for? on 07:17 - Jul 5 with 441 viewsButty101

2nd lowest turn out since 1885 and only 35% voted labour . Hardly a ringing endorsement

Who are you voting for? on 07:41 - Jul 5 with 417 viewsSalisburySaint

Who are you voting for? on 07:17 - Jul 5 by Butty101

2nd lowest turn out since 1885 and only 35% voted labour . Hardly a ringing endorsement

Who cares the corrupt, self serving Tories, many of whom made millions out of COVID, out of office. Hope those that did get brought to account now and have to sell their yachts etc.
[Post edited 5 Jul 7:43]
Who are you voting for? on 08:00 - Jul 5 with 388 viewsBazza

Who are you voting for? on 23:55 - Jul 4 by LondonSaint76

Keep your eye on the result from the Great Yarmouth Constituency - a certain Mr. Rupert Lowe is standing as the Reform candidate, and yes, I have checked, it is the same RL that was once the Chairman of SFC 😮

Lowe won the seat.
Good win for Labour as expected
Note Conservative plus Reform share of votes is bigger than Labour’s!
Who are you voting for? on 08:35 - Jul 5 with 363 viewsButty101

Who are you voting for? on 07:41 - Jul 5 by SalisburySaint

Who cares the corrupt, self serving Tories, many of whom made millions out of COVID, out of office. Hope those that did get brought to account now and have to sell their yachts etc.
[Post edited 5 Jul 7:43]

Im not arguing they had to go!

I didnt end up voting as the new forest seat was still nailed on tories. Monster raving loonies got 500!

Who are you voting for? on 08:41 - Jul 5 with 357 viewscocklebreath

Who are you voting for? on 08:00 - Jul 5 by Bazza

Lowe won the seat.

Basingstoke is labour for first time in 100 years and Liz Truss is booted out, great night for this country, now labour with a massive majority can start putting right the conservative mess. No doubt within a few weeks people will be saying where’s the change, it’ll take time as the country is an absolute sh!t show.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Who are you voting for? on 08:59 - Jul 5 with 347 viewsareasix

Interesting we are now so powerful in the Houses of Parliament with Sunak and Rupert Lowe fighting the southampton corner,
Bring out a ruling that Saints will start every season with. 30 point start at least we would have 2 votes!
COYS

I personally get fed up with politicians putting a huge spin on facts! Labour vote was 5% less then the Corbyn 2017 election disaster , Lib Dem’s was just under half the vote of the early 2000s , Conservatives lost most of their votes to Reform so all in all its was a crap election for the three big parties and that people are now willing to move from election to election not on party grounds but to how they feel at the time.

I am surprised that the conservatives didn’t play up the Furlough scheme more as it certainly saved me and my family.
Who are you voting for? on 09:20 - Jul 5 with 328 viewskentsouthampton

Who are you voting for? on 08:00 - Jul 5 by Bazza

Lowe won the seat.

Note Labour plus Lib Dem vote share is bigger that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024