Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euros Match Fred 15:58 - Jun 19 with 17929 viewsBrianMcCarthy

An as it happens fred for all games.

Spoiler alerts.

Absolute belter between Albania and Croatia. Savage game!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Euros Match Fred on 13:54 - Jul 2 with 1442 viewsMatch82

Have to say, this has been the closest euros in terms of team quality I've ever seen. The expected underdogs are all playing better than expected and Spain, maybe Germany aside all of the favorites have been utter garbage. Belgium, England, Portugal, France, Italy, Netherlands - all terrible so far.
Euros Match Fred on 14:42 - Jul 2 with 1326 viewsdaveB

Euros Match Fred on 13:54 - Jul 2 by Match82

Have to say, this has been the closest euros in terms of team quality I've ever seen. The expected underdogs are all playing better than expected and Spain, maybe Germany aside all of the favorites have been utter garbage. Belgium, England, Portugal, France, Italy, Netherlands - all terrible so far.

I think France are showing signs of getting better, they will be a tough team to beat, still fancy them to win it
Euros Match Fred on 17:55 - Jul 2 with 1190 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Found this interesting:

Euros Match Fred on 20:06 - Jul 2 with 1084 viewsMrSheen

Fark, what a start, Turks score inside a minute, Austrians nearly equalise two minutes later. Scottish level defending on the goal.
Euros Match Fred on 20:48 - Jul 2 with 1033 viewsNed_Kennedys

Euros Match Fred on 13:54 - Jul 2 by Match82

Netherlands battered Romania earlier today: would expect them to make the final as they look a class above the remaining teams in their half of the draw.
Euros Match Fred on 21:19 - Jul 2 with 961 viewsdaveB

quite fancied Austria and they have played alright again but big job on their hands now to turn this around

The Dutch finally turned up today, they have a good side on paper and showed it today
Euros Match Fred on 21:55 - Jul 2 with 896 viewsdaveB

great game that, fair play to Turkey were really good again tonight
Euros Match Fred on 21:55 - Jul 2 with 896 viewsWatfordR

What a cracking game that was, terrific stuff from both teams.

And possibly the best refereeing performance I've ever seen, what a difference when the ref is not determined to make it all about him!
[Post edited 2 Jul 21:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Euros Match Fred on 21:56 - Jul 2 with 887 viewsCateLeBonR

Bumgardener goes close but great save by the keeper and Turkey go through.
Euros Match Fred on 21:58 - Jul 2 with 872 viewsOakR

Great game that, really wanted Austria to equalise. What a save at the end!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Euros Match Fred on 21:58 - Jul 2 with 870 viewsMrSheen

What a wonderful game. The Turks superb in the fast half, Austria on top in the second. Skill and energy, snappy and imaginative passing. Even the ref was brilliant. I’m not sure how many Turks will be out of the next game though.
Euros Match Fred on 22:11 - Jul 2 with 829 viewsLblock

Gotta hand it to Turkey with this crazy approach of attacking with pace, passing the ball forward and giving 100% effort and passion on the pitch and in the dugout

Phenomenal game and credit to everyone on the pitch
Hell of an atmosphere in the stadium an all

Quite fancied the Turks and called the 2-1
The games are like home ones for them - you never know…..

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Euros Match Fred on 22:13 - Jul 2 with 811 viewsJuzzie

Unbelievable save at the very death, I thought it was in.
Euros Match Fred on 22:21 - Jul 2 with 772 viewsBklynRanger

Euros Match Fred on 21:55 - Jul 2 by WatfordR

What a cracking game that was, terrific stuff from both teams.

And possibly the best refereeing performance I've ever seen, what a difference when the ref is not determined to make it all about him!
[Post edited 2 Jul 21:56]

Absolutely - that referee was a connoisseur of a well timed tackle. And hardly any VAR either.

Didn't want that to end.
Euros Match Fred on 22:27 - Jul 2 with 748 viewsRangersw12

Euros Match Fred on 22:13 - Jul 2 by Juzzie

Unbelievable save at the very death, I thought it was in.

Save of the tournament so far

For anyone who hasn't seen it

[Post edited 2 Jul 22:55]
Euros Match Fred on 01:05 - Jul 3 with 620 viewsMatch82

Euros Match Fred on 20:48 - Jul 2 by Ned_Kennedys

Netherlands battered Romania earlier today: would expect them to make the final as they look a class above the remaining teams in their half of the draw.

Certainly made me eat my words!
Euros Match Fred on 01:06 - Jul 3 with 619 viewsFredManRave

Euros Match Fred on 22:27 - Jul 2 by Rangersw12

Save of the tournament so far

For anyone who hasn't seen it

[Post edited 2 Jul 22:55]

I hate it when comms call,"Great save" when the ball was basically hit at the keeper, which is why that particular save, truly is a great one.

Nardiesque!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Euros Match Fred on 05:49 - Jul 3 with 519 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I didn't see THAT save last night by the Turkish gk, so just saw an article on BBC comparing it to Banks in 1970.
So just watched it and...

Nowhere near Banks save of 70'. The only similarity was the fact it was a downward header.

I'm pretty sure there are better saves in Euro history, which is the other thing the report mentioned. An Important save? Yes. Best ever in Euro history? Hhmmmm.
Euros Match Fred (n/t) on 08:07 - Jul 3 with 436 viewsAustrianHoop

Euros Match Fred on 05:49 - Jul 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I didn't see THAT save last night by the Turkish gk, so just saw an article on BBC comparing it to Banks in 1970.

Nowhere near Banks save of 70'. The only similarity was the fact it was a downward header.

I'm pretty sure there are better saves in Euro history, which is the other thing the report mentioned. An Important save? Yes. Best ever in Euro history? Hhmmmm.

Euros Match Fred on 08:12 - Jul 3 with 430 viewsAustrianHoop

Euros Match Fred on 05:49 - Jul 3 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I am Austrian, so obviously it was the best save ever. 😉
Euros Match Fred on 08:25 - Jul 3 with 404 viewsjohnhoop

Euros Match Fred on 08:12 - Jul 3 by AustrianHoop

I am Austrian, so obviously it was the best save ever. 😉

You’ve got a really good team there, superbly organised by Rangnick and you were very unlucky yesterday.
Euros Match Fred on 08:42 - Jul 3 with 396 viewsAustrianHoop

Euros Match Fred on 08:25 - Jul 3 by johnhoop

You’ve got a really good team there, superbly organised by Rangnick and you were very unlucky yesterday.

Yeah, thanks, we won our Group ahead of France and Holland, probably deservedly so, but they have gone on to the QF and we are out...
Euros Match Fred on 09:05 - Jul 3 with 370 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Euros Match Fred on 01:06 - Jul 3 by FredManRave

I hate it when comms call,"Great save" when the ball was basically hit at the keeper, which is why that particular save, truly is a great one.

Nardiesque!

Also a pet hate of mine, Fred.

Agree, though, this is a really great save.

Euros Match Fred on 09:10 - Jul 3 with 354 viewshubble

Watched it in real time and thought it was a decent save, he didn't have to stretch too far, and he claws it out. Decent save. Don't understand the hype about it, other than the fact that, of course, it prevented Austria from equalising and taking the game to extra time.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Euros Match Fred on 09:16 - Jul 3 with 310 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Euros Match Fred on 09:10 - Jul 3 by hubble

Watched it in real time and thought it was a decent save, he didn't have to stretch too far, and he claws it out. Decent save. Don't understand the hype about it, other than the fact that, of course, it prevented Austria from equalising and taking the game to extra time.

I think that what impressed me was that he judged the save so well after it bounced. He still had work to do to get to it as well, and to deflect it to safety. Many keepers wouldn't have achieved the last bit.

I've heard it called one of the greatest saves ever, which is stretching it, but I still thought that it was a great save.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024