Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Benny is back!! 22:19 - Sep 16 with 11204 viewsLblock

You apologists and happy clappers can do one

The man is clueless or stubborn

I'll add to this when I've calmed down but if you saw anything positive in his selection, tactics or change tonight I'd love to hear from you (Antti)
My view would be the same even if we'd sneaked a late winner

4-2-3-1 at home time after time after time after time is an insult

Goodnght

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Benny is back!! on 22:37 - Sep 16 with 4327 viewsJigsore

Didn't we play 4-2-3-1 under Warnock?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Benny is back!! on 22:45 - Sep 16 with 4281 viewsTheBlob

It be the Selection Of Fear.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Benny is back!! on 23:14 - Sep 16 with 4160 viewsMatch82

It seems that 4231 may not be the answer with the personnel we have right now, but what is strange to me is that it's being vilified as a cautious, too defensive approach when it airlines seem to suggest the opposite. Is it execution that's the problem, or that we're playing a version of 4231 which is too attacking?

Would a solution of 4141 be better with a TRULY defensive midfielder who is told not go to past the halfway line (exaggerating but you know what I mean) and the other two central midfielders pushing forward more? Alternatively, give the 2 DMs more responsibility for helping our full backs out, let the AM track back as needed and essentially have 3 up front to give us numbers on the counter attack
Benny is back!! on 23:15 - Sep 16 with 4153 viewsdaveB

for the 3rd year in a row we don't have another forward to play so have to play 1 up front. No problem with the tactics but found the change to leave on Henry and Tozer and take off Chery bizarre
Benny is back!! on 23:33 - Sep 16 with 4068 viewslondonscottish

Benny is back!! on 23:15 - Sep 16 by daveB

for the 3rd year in a row we don't have another forward to play so have to play 1 up front. No problem with the tactics but found the change to leave on Henry and Tozer and take off Chery bizarre

Well Chery (and Luongo) we getting bundled off every (long) ball.

At least Mackie has been eating his spinach and could push back a bit.

But Henry had a shocker and Toszer wasn't much better.

Faurlain and Sandro would have been light years ahead,

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Benny is back!! on 23:39 - Sep 16 with 4035 viewsJuzzie

So, every time we don't win a game, which only about the top 4 will win more than they don't, there will be insulting and name calling threads?

Be critical, yes, by why the need for infantile names?
Benny is back!! on 23:41 - Sep 16 with 4022 viewsstevec

Playground football. How he could leave Henry and Toszer out there for the full 90 minutes is beyond belief.

If Austin loses interest we could end up bottom three.
Benny is back!! on 23:55 - Sep 16 with 3970 viewsdaveB

Benny is back!! on 23:39 - Sep 16 by Juzzie

So, every time we don't win a game, which only about the top 4 will win more than they don't, there will be insulting and name calling threads?

Be critical, yes, by why the need for infantile names?

been the same on here for a few years, the names Redknapp got called were a disgrace regardless of how poor his side was
Login to get fewer ads

Benny is back!! on 00:01 - Sep 17 with 3948 viewsbaz_qpr

I have no problem with 4-2-3-1 its more attacking than 4-4-2 often. But it requires the centre forward to hold and lay, the full backs to get forward and you can't have all of the attacking 3 not tracking back. The def centre mid needs steel and the deep playmaker needs to be incisive, we had all that under Warnock with only Adel being relieved of defensive duties allowing us to break. First half we were far too narrow we the attacking four high and narrow in a line with backs to goal often which none of them are good at. Second half we had more energy and the wide players played wider particularly phillips.
Problem is we bought for 4-2-3-1 then kept Austin who does not suit the formation
Benny is back!! on 00:02 - Sep 17 with 3947 viewsdaveB

Benny is back!! on 00:01 - Sep 17 by baz_qpr

I have no problem with 4-2-3-1 its more attacking than 4-4-2 often. But it requires the centre forward to hold and lay, the full backs to get forward and you can't have all of the attacking 3 not tracking back. The def centre mid needs steel and the deep playmaker needs to be incisive, we had all that under Warnock with only Adel being relieved of defensive duties allowing us to break. First half we were far too narrow we the attacking four high and narrow in a line with backs to goal often which none of them are good at. Second half we had more energy and the wide players played wider particularly phillips.
Problem is we bought for 4-2-3-1 then kept Austin who does not suit the formation

thought austin played the lone striker role really well tonight
Benny is back!! on 00:21 - Sep 17 with 3905 viewsbaz_qpr

Benny is back!! on 00:02 - Sep 17 by daveB

thought austin played the lone striker role really well tonight

2nd half maybe but there is a real difference to how say a Helgesson plays in that formation as a central focal point with his back to goal. Its not Austins strength
Benny is back!! on 00:38 - Sep 17 with 3866 viewsNorthernr

No need to be so childish and aggressive about it.

Odd all round again tonight. The fascination with Henry, the reluctance to make a sub, the persistence with that central midfield while Doughty and Faurlin were on the bench. Did himself no favours.
Benny is back!! on 01:17 - Sep 17 with 3808 viewsGetMeRangers

Benny is back!! on 00:38 - Sep 17 by Northernr

No need to be so childish and aggressive about it.

Odd all round again tonight. The fascination with Henry, the reluctance to make a sub, the persistence with that central midfield while Doughty and Faurlin were on the bench. Did himself no favours.

I know nothing but when Ale is in midfield everything is calmed down and more measured. The passes he makes are better, yet I do not understand why the team insist on passing it to Henry. Just a pointless exercise most of the time.
I just groaned when I saw the team sheet with his name on it... already knowing that we would concede two, as we have done ever time he has started
I really dont know what happened tonight, but there were plenty of times it felt like we were playing 10 against 11
Benny is back!! on 03:50 - Sep 17 with 3724 viewsHitch

Chris, for fck sake Henry is wearing no clothes.
Benny is back!! on 06:34 - Sep 17 with 3619 viewsLadbrokeR

Benny is back!! on 03:50 - Sep 17 by Hitch

Chris, for fck sake Henry is wearing no clothes.

We can talk all night about the attacking merits of the 4231 system but let's have a look it's defensive performance. That's 4 played at home and 8 goals conceded. My brother suggested to me after the game that the players don't look like they understand the system.
Benny is back!! on 07:25 - Sep 17 with 3527 viewspaulparker

Benny is back!! on 22:37 - Sep 16 by Jigsore

Didn't we play 4-2-3-1 under Warnock?

We did
Says volumes about Ramsey that Warnock can make it work and he can't
If you compare the squads Ramsey's is much better yet we lack organisation & leadership,
The man is a joke

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Benny is back!! on 07:39 - Sep 17 with 3486 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone would think from this OP that Ramsey was the first manager to oversee a shite Rangers performance.
Benny is back!! on 07:39 - Sep 17 with 3485 viewsJamie

Benny is back!! on 07:25 - Sep 17 by paulparker

We did
Says volumes about Ramsey that Warnock can make it work and he can't
If you compare the squads Ramsey's is much better yet we lack organisation & leadership,
The man is a joke

In fairness PP, Warnock did have Faurlin at the height of his powers and with 2 working knees.
Benny is back!! on 07:48 - Sep 17 with 3460 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well he is blaming individual mistakes in the post match while completely ignoring how bad they were in the first half.

He has gone on that we now have competition in every position, everyone is playing for their place, yet changes little and to late.

I thought and said before the game that it would be the same as Saturday and lose 2-1, I thought we were even worse and surprised we got a draw.

Bad coaching, poor selections, poor tactics, lack of motivation.

I'm predicting little will change on Saturday and a lose.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon to want him gone, I'm driving it.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Benny is back!! on 07:49 - Sep 17 with 3456 viewsRangers67

Agree totally with the op. But I think I have the answer, CR is either a cardboard cut out or a hologram that occupies another dimension or possibly both. He is a little like emperor Nero who fiddled while ROme burned, only he doesn't, fiddle , he just stands there on the side lines, watching the same game as me presumably and then pos back through a black hole where he has been watching a different game to spout a load of drivel in the press conference. Every now and again someone in the directors box has the task of pulling a bit of string and his arm comes up from the folded position to make it look like he is not asleep. Time and again last night we played long high balls into small midfielders to have them sent back with interest and he stands and watches, he is clueless. We do this game after game and he still can't see that it ain't working. Both Cardiff and Blackburn should have been three up against us by half time and game over. The only thing in his favour last night was one of the worst refereeing performances I have seen for a while. He must be sick of seeing the surprised face in front of him of both the sports reporters and the players when he is spouting his drivel at training ( if they do any) and post match.
Benny is back!! on 10:06 - Sep 17 with 3285 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Oh god the Ramsey Out brigade are back.
I haven't checked the table but could someone please tell me are we closer to a play off place or relegation.....?
Thanks
Benny is back!! on 10:32 - Sep 17 with 3236 viewspaulparker

Benny is back!! on 10:06 - Sep 17 by bacardiinbrissie

Oh god the Ramsey Out brigade are back.
I haven't checked the table but could someone please tell me are we closer to a play off place or relegation.....?
Thanks

What a poor argument that is
our home form is shocking under CR, the argument last year was it was Arrys team, to many mercenaries, Ramsey needs his own team and signings etc
well this is his team, he would have agreed the signings and he still would have had the best budget in this league
this year we are the same , we have conceded 2 goals every home game and been dumped out the cup , he picks Henry come what may, and cannot make a sub or change things around to save his life,
its 2 home games on the spin we have played terrible against average oppostion , but he picks the same team , why ???
he cannot organise the defence either, we are shockingand have been since he took over , the way we let goals and continue to let goals in is comical, so much for this coaching guru
btw have a look at the soccer am clip with Austin and Bullard its toe curling the way Ramsey fawns over Austin as the "top man " you wouldnt see a manager out there doing that
also you say check the table
well cast your mind back a few years , i seem to recall another number 2 called stewart houston who was made manager , who played sh1t football and was out of his depth,
we sacked him and we were 6th at the time

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Benny is back!! on 10:40 - Sep 17 with 3216 viewsTheBlob

Benny is back!! on 07:39 - Sep 17 by Jamie

In fairness PP, Warnock did have Faurlin at the height of his powers and with 2 working knees.

......and a certain Adel Taraabt.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Benny is back!! on 10:44 - Sep 17 with 3193 viewsfrancisbowles

Benny is back!! on 01:17 - Sep 17 by GetMeRangers

I know nothing but when Ale is in midfield everything is calmed down and more measured. The passes he makes are better, yet I do not understand why the team insist on passing it to Henry. Just a pointless exercise most of the time.
I just groaned when I saw the team sheet with his name on it... already knowing that we would concede two, as we have done ever time he has started
I really dont know what happened tonight, but there were plenty of times it felt like we were playing 10 against 11

Not a Karl Henry fan but maybe the reason the team keep on passing to him is that he is the one that has found space and is available. Seems to be trying to do his job and Tozser's. Tozser doesn't look very fit. I hope this is not his normal level.
Benny is back!! on 10:52 - Sep 17 with 3176 viewsDorse

Anyone who resorts to using infantile names is a complete bum head. There, I've said it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024