Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gladwin to go out on loan again 09:22 - Jan 19 with 6547 viewsbosh67

Based on 45 minutes in an FA Cup game. If true are we f*cking serious?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:02 - Jan 19 with 4813 viewsdaveB

probably more based on watching him in training for a few weeks and thinking he's not quite ready yet. A Swindon fan I know reckons he is nowhere near Championship level yet
Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:20 - Jan 19 with 4743 viewsHooparoo

I know we all like to have our opinions but I think we need to back Jimmy's judgement now that he's had a look at all of the squad.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:28 - Jan 19 with 4706 viewsDiscodroids

I dont know whether were Arthur or Martha.

Im more confused with these mixed signals than Woody allen in this clip (30 secs onwards)

[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 10:32]

A Number One.

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:30 - Jan 19 with 4700 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well if he does, he can only go back to Swindon as you can't play for more than two teams in a season!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:34 - Jan 19 with 4674 viewsisawqpratwcity

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:30 - Jan 19 by PlanetHonneywood

Well if he does, he can only go back to Swindon as you can't play for more than two teams in a season!

Doesn't apply to loans.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:38 - Jan 19 with 4647 viewsisawqpratwcity

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:30 - Jan 19 by PlanetHonneywood

Something witty, definitely not a double post.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 10:39]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:40 - Jan 19 with 4627 viewsadhoc_qpr

Well at least we know Jimmy has had a look at him now.

I think we can also write him off as someone who is going to contribute this season.

I wonder if he'll just slink off back to Swindon permanently come the end of the season?
Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:53 - Jan 19 with 4586 viewsfakekerby

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:02 - Jan 19 by daveB

probably more based on watching him in training for a few weeks and thinking he's not quite ready yet. A Swindon fan I know reckons he is nowhere near Championship level yet

It's not really good enough Dave and it's a damning indictment of our scouting ability/process.

We should have scouts watching him at Swindon who are able to assess whether the guy can help us this season.

Instead we've disrupted him from playing regularly (and reasonably well) to come back here for a fortnight and then boot him back out again. We're getting in the way of his progress by doing so.

I get the feeling we just bought him as part of the Luongo deal to get it moving a bit quicker.
Login to get fewer ads

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:59 - Jan 19 with 4561 viewsNorthernr

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:53 - Jan 19 by fakekerby

It's not really good enough Dave and it's a damning indictment of our scouting ability/process.

We should have scouts watching him at Swindon who are able to assess whether the guy can help us this season.

Instead we've disrupted him from playing regularly (and reasonably well) to come back here for a fortnight and then boot him back out again. We're getting in the way of his progress by doing so.

I get the feeling we just bought him as part of the Luongo deal to get it moving a bit quicker.

The story that went round at the time was that Luongo had a massive sell on percentage for spurs, so we bought two swindon players, weighting the joint fee heavily onto gladwin, so that swindon got to keep more of the money.
Gladwin to go out on loan again on 11:02 - Jan 19 with 4550 viewsJamie

To be fair, it was speculated quite a bit that we took him as a package deal with Luongo to help Swindon beat the sell on clause to Spurs.

Whilst he may as well learn here this season as we're not going up, nor down, we are hardly struggling for midfielders.
Gladwin to go out on loan again on 11:18 - Jan 19 with 4483 viewspaulparker

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 11:02 - Jan 19 by Jamie

To be fair, it was speculated quite a bit that we took him as a package deal with Luongo to help Swindon beat the sell on clause to Spurs.

Whilst he may as well learn here this season as we're not going up, nor down, we are hardly struggling for midfielders.

Don't remember to much of this speculation when we signed them

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/147008/good-signin

id say we are better off playing gladwin than Hoilett who wont be here in 6 months time,
surely that's common sense

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 11:24 - Jan 19 with 4457 viewsDiscodroids

Just a bit puzzling to me given the glowing terms used by Les at the time of gladwins signature. He made it sound as if we had the next Enzo Scifo on our hands If developed carefully.

If JFH Has reached the conclusion he is of no use to us this season, I have to accept it. Disappointing.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 11:26]

A Number One.

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 11:29 - Jan 19 with 4423 viewsdaveB

not really a damning indictment, we've spotted a player with potential who is not quite ready yet and signed him early to try and develop him into a better player. He's far from the finished article and the people working with him every day feel a loan will help that development. We could just wait 3 years and pay 10 million for him but this is the new approach and takes more work
[Post edited 19 Jan 2016 11:39]
Gladwin to go out on loan again on 11:30 - Jan 19 with 4415 viewsWeaverQPR

The fact not one of our 3 managers this season has picked tells.me all I need to know.

@WeavQPR

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:01 - Jan 19 with 4319 viewssimmo

To be fair even Ferdinand said that a few of the signings made were with 'next season in mind'. I have no problem with him getting regular games elsewhere until he's in a position to compete. Seems ridiculous to judge him purely on that FA Cup 60mins though (albeit the coaches have their opinions too).

I also thought that he was bought as a package so Swindon could keep more of the sell-on from Luongo, as well as having potential to be decent himself, obviously.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:13 - Jan 19 with 4264 viewshighleverhoopL

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:01 - Jan 19 by simmo

To be fair even Ferdinand said that a few of the signings made were with 'next season in mind'. I have no problem with him getting regular games elsewhere until he's in a position to compete. Seems ridiculous to judge him purely on that FA Cup 60mins though (albeit the coaches have their opinions too).

I also thought that he was bought as a package so Swindon could keep more of the sell-on from Luongo, as well as having potential to be decent himself, obviously.

That "next season in mind" comment made me think they were stockpiling
young players in case of Plan B ie: not getting promoted and being hit with
a transfer embargo under FFP, which is of course now inevitable
Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:21 - Jan 19 with 4226 viewssimmo

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:13 - Jan 19 by highleverhoopL

That "next season in mind" comment made me think they were stockpiling
young players in case of Plan B ie: not getting promoted and being hit with
a transfer embargo under FFP, which is of course now inevitable

Possibly, but there's nothing wrong with taking the opportunity to sign someone that isn't first team ready right now. Some are young and less experienced so are more of a risk (Blackwood, Donaldson), even if you get their development spot on, others are close already (YSY, Robinson) so just need some time and games elsewhere before coming back to challenge - hopefully Gladwin is the latter.

PP's point is fair though and probably one I would subscribe to - as Hoilett is out of contract, perhaps it's better to just play Gladwin now and give him the games to help his development, swallowing the fact he's not quite ready or as effective. But then Gladwin might never begood enough.

Let's see what happens, the use of the loan market has also been tainted by people like Harriman and Furlong who have done well during their loans only to be ignored anyway.

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:35 - Jan 19 with 4183 viewshighleverhoopL

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:21 - Jan 19 by simmo

Possibly, but there's nothing wrong with taking the opportunity to sign someone that isn't first team ready right now. Some are young and less experienced so are more of a risk (Blackwood, Donaldson), even if you get their development spot on, others are close already (YSY, Robinson) so just need some time and games elsewhere before coming back to challenge - hopefully Gladwin is the latter.

PP's point is fair though and probably one I would subscribe to - as Hoilett is out of contract, perhaps it's better to just play Gladwin now and give him the games to help his development, swallowing the fact he's not quite ready or as effective. But then Gladwin might never begood enough.

Let's see what happens, the use of the loan market has also been tainted by people like Harriman and Furlong who have done well during their loans only to be ignored anyway.

Hopefully once we are definitely safe they will feel able to blood a few more
youngsters and drop the old lags with imminent contract expiries..
Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:35 - Jan 19 with 4180 viewsBAWHoops

Not got a huge problem with this.

He's come back and they've had a look at him and decided he isn't ready.
He's only been in professional football for a few years.
He either comes back better developed next season or is sold on. Petrasso is proving that there is life after loans

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:39 - Jan 19 with 4154 viewsrobith

Should we only buy players who are finished and ready for this season? What about taking a punt on potential to be nurtured?

I think Gladwin is very raw (a common facet of players who come through non league not academies) but there is plenty to encourage him stepping up to this level
Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:48 - Jan 19 with 4122 viewssimmo

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:35 - Jan 19 by highleverhoopL

Hopefully once we are definitely safe they will feel able to blood a few more
youngsters and drop the old lags with imminent contract expiries..

Yeah, there will be a point in the season where we're playing for nothing, you'd hope that will be a chance to blood some less experienced options. I'd do it now personally, but I guess the board feel there's an outside chance of playoffs.

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:50 - Jan 19 with 4113 viewsaston_hoop

I think half the problem with the discontent at this is that we as fans just don't trust QPR and the loan system anymore. Whereas going out on loan generally meant the player was forgotten and then sold in recent years, hopefully things have moved on and he will be watched regularly with a view to getting up to the level we think he can get to and integrating him in to the team. I hope thats what it means anyway.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 13:13 - Jan 19 with 4044 viewsadhoc_qpr

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 12:50 - Jan 19 by aston_hoop

I think half the problem with the discontent at this is that we as fans just don't trust QPR and the loan system anymore. Whereas going out on loan generally meant the player was forgotten and then sold in recent years, hopefully things have moved on and he will be watched regularly with a view to getting up to the level we think he can get to and integrating him in to the team. I hope thats what it means anyway.

Our players used to go on loan to conference teams, not play, return and then disappear without a trace.

At least now they go to League One and Two teams and seem to be highly regarded in the main - Furlong and Gladwin did well, Harriman and Ehmer both got permanent deals.

It's the bit where after they do well on loan they get a first team shot here that is completely missing! How Furlong didn't get a single minute of football after Perch went out injured for weeks is really poor.
Gladwin to go out on loan again on 13:18 - Jan 19 with 4024 viewsbaz_qpr

The thing here is to make sure he goes on loan in the championship, sending him back to league 1 IMHO should be last resort but clearly better than playing in the reserves
Gladwin to go out on loan again on 13:19 - Jan 19 with 4018 viewsR_from_afar

Gladwin to go out on loan again on 10:20 - Jan 19 by Hooparoo

I know we all like to have our opinions but I think we need to back Jimmy's judgement now that he's had a look at all of the squad.

Burn the heretic!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024