Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fan Responsibilty 10:17 - Dec 11 with 6093 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How much do we have a hand in where we are?

Reading through here and Twitter this morning I'd say a lot. If I was a manager or player reading this stuff, I know my performance wouldn't exactly be improved by it.
Fan Responsibilty on 13:27 - Dec 11 with 1502 viewsDannytheR

Fan Responsibilty on 13:19 - Dec 11 by Toast_R

As Roy Walker once said, "say what I see"
Our team just rolled over against the out and out worst team in the division yesterday and I'm not going to clap them for that and offer to kiss it all better.

You seem to have quickly moved on from tickling tummies to kissing. I'm going to step out of this conversation before you go any further.
Fan Responsibilty on 13:48 - Dec 11 with 1476 viewsJAPRANGERS

Wonder when Clive's report come out for public digestion??

Can't wait, bet it'll be interesting!
Fan Responsibilty on 13:49 - Dec 11 with 1465 viewsDeepcutHoop

The fans online have been the worst part of the last two seasons by an absolute mile.
Fan Responsibilty on 17:29 - Dec 11 with 1391 viewsngbqpr

At the moment I only get to a few games a season, so I accept my situation is different to those who spend a lot more wedge on season tickets and/or travelling to a lot more away games.

However I have to say a proportion of our fans spoilt yesterday for me in that they couldn't wait to get on the players' backs. Not ALL fans, I have to say, but plenty. As I said at half time in the match thread, there were a lot of positives in the first half....which to be fair was reflected in pretty good vocal support. However I still heard loads of people at half time saying the first half performance had been a "fkin disgrace" etc etc - which, plain and simple, it was not. We'd wanted a change from JFH's attritional approach, and it was there to see in some more than passable, at times entertaining football, with at least three top quality saves from their keeper.

I admit the second half was poor by comparison. To their credit, Rotherham were really up for it, and pressed the hell out of us to hold onto what they'd got...though I'd argue we were still well in the game til about 75 minutes. For me the main change was when we introduced Polter - I love the bloke's attitude, but it made it too tempting for his team mates to go long, which didn't trouble a big Millers back line the same way our more incisive on the ground play had in the first half...but back to the fans....the general view was "this is a smaller club than us, they're bottom, therefore we should be pummelling them". But that's not the Championship is it?

The more the fan discontent became audible, the more the players shrivelled up in front of our eyes. I don't think they're a bad bunch, I do think they try...but confidence is certainly an issue, and a negative vibe from the stands the moment we concede or don't hammer a lower ranking team just won't help.

Most of the players came over to clap the fans, knowing they were going to brave mass booing and a vitriolic response. It was awful, the sort of reaction Bosingwa and co merited, but I really don't think this lot do.

We're a club with an identity crisis in so many ways....and such wildly contrasting expectations from the fanbase epitomises that.

The promise of some of the first half football made me want to find the time / money to get to more games. The fan reaction at the end changed my mind - maybe I'm a 'pussy' like some of our players are being called, it's just not the QPR support I know. Yeah we've always had an issue with scapegoating individuals, as the likes of Mick Leach (RIP) and Tony Sealy would testify - but abuse on this level for a team put together in the club's current circumstances...I just don't get it.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2016 17:30]

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Fan Responsibilty on 17:53 - Dec 11 with 1361 viewsPinnerPaul

Fan Responsibilty on 12:31 - Dec 11 by DannytheR

Exactly. I'd make an exception for Sandro, but everyone else in the squad looks to give it pretty much everything. Some of them are still new to British football, some of them are still new to Championship football, some of them just aren't very good. Most of them look nervous and very unsure what they're supposed to be doing tactically.

Calling them pussies is the problem in a nutshell. People sat there with dopey smiles on their faces while the club were getting rinsed by every manager from Warnock to Redknapp, signing arseholes on obscene wages, and now *this* lot are pussies?

Fans often say they "just" want effort, but it's mostly rubbish. Charlie Austin barely broke a sweat for us half the time and plenty of Rs still follow his career like lost dogs.

Indeed and two of our greatest players ever only put in any "effort" when they had the ball - different eras but the point is valid.

As Clive and others pointed out at the time, you could see by the 2nd half v Forest that players hadn't downed tools for JFH and I don't think they have for IH either.

Blame Les, IH, Tony but maybe the truth, as I said near end of JFH era is that players are not good enough.

Something fans find difficult to accept, this was seen particularly during CR tenure, when every positive result was because of the players and every negative one down to him.
Fan Responsibilty on 18:39 - Dec 11 with 1331 viewsstowmarketrange

Fan Responsibilty on 17:29 - Dec 11 by ngbqpr

At the moment I only get to a few games a season, so I accept my situation is different to those who spend a lot more wedge on season tickets and/or travelling to a lot more away games.

However I have to say a proportion of our fans spoilt yesterday for me in that they couldn't wait to get on the players' backs. Not ALL fans, I have to say, but plenty. As I said at half time in the match thread, there were a lot of positives in the first half....which to be fair was reflected in pretty good vocal support. However I still heard loads of people at half time saying the first half performance had been a "fkin disgrace" etc etc - which, plain and simple, it was not. We'd wanted a change from JFH's attritional approach, and it was there to see in some more than passable, at times entertaining football, with at least three top quality saves from their keeper.

I admit the second half was poor by comparison. To their credit, Rotherham were really up for it, and pressed the hell out of us to hold onto what they'd got...though I'd argue we were still well in the game til about 75 minutes. For me the main change was when we introduced Polter - I love the bloke's attitude, but it made it too tempting for his team mates to go long, which didn't trouble a big Millers back line the same way our more incisive on the ground play had in the first half...but back to the fans....the general view was "this is a smaller club than us, they're bottom, therefore we should be pummelling them". But that's not the Championship is it?

The more the fan discontent became audible, the more the players shrivelled up in front of our eyes. I don't think they're a bad bunch, I do think they try...but confidence is certainly an issue, and a negative vibe from the stands the moment we concede or don't hammer a lower ranking team just won't help.

Most of the players came over to clap the fans, knowing they were going to brave mass booing and a vitriolic response. It was awful, the sort of reaction Bosingwa and co merited, but I really don't think this lot do.

We're a club with an identity crisis in so many ways....and such wildly contrasting expectations from the fanbase epitomises that.

The promise of some of the first half football made me want to find the time / money to get to more games. The fan reaction at the end changed my mind - maybe I'm a 'pussy' like some of our players are being called, it's just not the QPR support I know. Yeah we've always had an issue with scapegoating individuals, as the likes of Mick Leach (RIP) and Tony Sealy would testify - but abuse on this level for a team put together in the club's current circumstances...I just don't get it.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2016 17:30]

I was there yesterday supporting the team,but the atmosphere after the goal went was pretty terrible.
It reflected the garbage we were treated to by most of our players in the 2nd half.The team that show commitment and fight won the game.We could have by a lot more than 1 goal,and while I didn't expect to wipe the floor with them,I didn't expect us to put on such a poor display.
They had players that weren't fit to lace some of our players boots,but they had a plan and the players to execute it.For me it was as bad as Charlton away last August.

I was one of the many fans booing at the end of the game because I felt that our team didn't play with any heart,composure or passion.And certainly not the leadership that we needed.
Fan Responsibilty on 18:50 - Dec 11 with 1316 viewsRs_Holy

Fan Responsibilty on 18:39 - Dec 11 by stowmarketrange

I was there yesterday supporting the team,but the atmosphere after the goal went was pretty terrible.
It reflected the garbage we were treated to by most of our players in the 2nd half.The team that show commitment and fight won the game.We could have by a lot more than 1 goal,and while I didn't expect to wipe the floor with them,I didn't expect us to put on such a poor display.
They had players that weren't fit to lace some of our players boots,but they had a plan and the players to execute it.For me it was as bad as Charlton away last August.

I was one of the many fans booing at the end of the game because I felt that our team didn't play with any heart,composure or passion.And certainly not the leadership that we needed.

Thanks for this Stowmarket... It reinforces what I suspected and have been feeling for most of the season!
WE NEED A FEW LEADERS!
Fan Responsibilty on 19:36 - Dec 11 with 1281 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

are the fans available for the play-offs?

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Fan Responsibilty on 22:04 - Dec 11 with 1191 viewsstevec

Fan responsibility?

Straight forward really. Never, ever become the mouthpiece of the management. Never ever sell mediocrity as an acceptable way forward.

It creates apathy, it ferments low standards. This is where we are. In crisis.
Fan Responsibilty on 23:51 - Dec 11 with 1124 viewsBoston

It's very easy to blame those down the line, after 40 years of an entrepreneurial business minded life, I can unequivocally say, the problem is rarely not management.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fan Responsibilty on 23:55 - Dec 11 with 1122 viewsisawqpratwcity

Fan Responsibilty on 22:04 - Dec 11 by stevec

Fan responsibility?

Straight forward really. Never, ever become the mouthpiece of the management. Never ever sell mediocrity as an acceptable way forward.

It creates apathy, it ferments low standards. This is where we are. In crisis.

Ha! You should have a job updating Dickens' novels...first effort, "Ludicrous Expectations"!

The club is NOT in crisis, though that may change if our form slump doesn't improve.

But the club has just emerged from a crisis. While we still had legions of supposed Premier players (wasters) on 50k a week the club was going nowhere except administration, and you know what that means. You can bang all you like about the quality of football but the club - all of the management, including all managers since Redknapp - has just beaten an existential threat.

And I am not a 'mouthpiece of the management', nor am I selling mediocity, I am advocating survival.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Fan Responsibilty on 00:56 - Dec 12 with 1100 viewsDieByYourSide

We're on the topic of responsibility and nobody has brought up Fernandes?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Fan Responsibilty on 01:06 - Dec 12 with 1091 viewsWilloW4

Fan Responsibilty on 13:10 - Dec 11 by paulparker

Players like caulker and our captain have played international football and are on a huge wedge the way they go missing in games is a disgrace, I don't think I've seen Ned gee anyone up
Same as Henry for all his years in the game he should be the talker and the go to guy but he is as quiet as a mouse , it's all to easy for this lot to pick up the money and give little in return
As for Austin not breaking sweat, leave it off , you obviously didn't go to games when the poor sod was up top on his own thanks to arry not buying a striker, he had to do the job on his own and make his own chances

Good call mate..... Ned is a fecking awful footballer..I've said it many times before... Watch every goal we concede.. There he is just standing there.. Just get rid of him for fecks sake.!!!!
Fan Responsibilty on 01:07 - Dec 12 with 1091 viewsBoston

Fan Responsibilty on 00:56 - Dec 12 by DieByYourSide

We're on the topic of responsibility and nobody has brought up Fernandes?

...er, management.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fan Responsibilty on 13:17 - Dec 12 with 988 viewsBluce_Ree

Every club probably has a similar ratio of sound people to absolute bellends (apart from your Millwalls and Cardiffs) but our fans can sometimes be a gaggle of right c*cksuckers.

Do you remember in the mid to late 90s where every single fking home game the crowd launched into 'the referee's a w*nker' every time he didn't give us a throw in? I'm sure a few refs will have taken that personally and made sure we didn't get the odd decision here and there. And even if they didn't, how did chanting that help? Not that the chant is off limits but every single fking game it was used.

And we've had this lovely 'we're fking shit' period. If we're the 12th man, we're basically Karl Ready coming off the bench.

And yet, we've been capable of making LR a bit of a fortress at times.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 13:17]

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Fan Responsibilty on 13:33 - Dec 12 with 872 viewsHunterhoop

Like most things, I simply don't believe it's as black and white as the players not trying hard enough and a "lack of fight".

It's simple and easy to reach simple and easy conclusions. It's lazy.

I think it's a combination of things:

- successive managers are setting the first XI up to fail. Yesterday it was clear the players weren't instinctively clear on how we were meant to attack. Several times people looked up to see no one on a flank. Several times people went on runs down ally ways and lost it. There was no clear understanding of how we were to get the ball from A) our box to B) their goal.
- we repeatedly are playing players in positions they are unfamiliar with. They are hardly likely to deliver their best in an unfamiliar role.
- the players have no confidence. That's apparent from all aspects of their game
- several players are playing only their first or second season in the Championship. They aren't experienced in this league and different match situations
- several have been rushed back from injuries, when perhaps they're not fully fit
- we do lack leaders ON the pitch. I think we have a lot of good characters, from all that I've read, off the pitch. But on the pitch, I'm not sure we have the leadership we need when we're up against it or go behind
- playing for QPR must be pretty sh*t at the minute. Management constantly changing, a fanbase that are pretty vitriolic (booing a colleague as he comes on, booing the team off at half time when not winning, booing at full time if we lose, social media hate all over the place), relatively low salary cap compared to a lot of sides in the league, awful training ground, high expectations, not being clear on how the team is meant to play, getting rollickings to "show more heart" from the manager, calling into question your attitude. This, if transplanted to your career, job, work environment wouldn't be fun. I doubt it is for our players.
- decreasing attendances

All of this is bound to be impacting the overall performances and results.

As fans we can choose, because we can choose, to be one cause (of many) to the problem, or we can choose to be part of the solution.

To say it's not down to us is true. It's not entirely down to the fanbase.

To say we can't help improve the situation is, however, nonsense. Of course we can.

Why would we choose not to try to be part of the solution, if we're fans of QPR?
Fan Responsibilty on 13:44 - Dec 12 with 861 viewsR_from_afar

Fan Responsibilty on 11:21 - Dec 11 by NW10Hoop

When Loftus road is properly rocking, it's got to be a tough place to be the away team.

The team do have to give us something to cheer about, but it's a vicious cirlce. The moaning and booing can't help our team. In fact it's an advantage to the opposition.

The problem with our team isn't a lack of effort, it seems to be a lack of confidence. None of the team turn up wanting to play badly.

Let's get a few cheeky beers in before the game, head down with mates, and have a good time regardless of the football. Whatever we do, we shouldn't be a hindrance.

For me, you have absolutely nailed it. We are the 12th man...mostly for the opposition, at the moment

Let's try being more positive, it might rub off on the players and even if it doesn't, it might make losing a less bitter pill to swallow.

LoftForWords: Less a football forum, more a self-help group

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fan Responsibilty on 14:38 - Dec 12 with 834 viewsrobith

I mostly am completely bemused when I see people laying opprobrium not even divvied out to the worst of Redknapp's excesses or the darkest of Hughes days. I just don't get it. Like ITT someone called the players "gutless pussies". Yet everyone wants Sandro to start.

You can accuse this current team of a lot, but not trying? Bizarre - seems like a acid reflex from what's gone before rather than what is happening now.

I found it strange that the crowd didn't break against Hughes or Redknapp's miscreants until the very very end, but now we seem desperate to disparage a young group of players who genuinely want to play for us but low on confidence/ability at the very first opportunity we get. Forget the players, it puts me in edge going to games these days, just waiting for the boo or the moan.
Fan Responsibilty on 15:04 - Dec 12 with 807 viewspaulparker

Fan Responsibilty on 13:33 - Dec 12 by Hunterhoop

Like most things, I simply don't believe it's as black and white as the players not trying hard enough and a "lack of fight".

It's simple and easy to reach simple and easy conclusions. It's lazy.

I think it's a combination of things:

- successive managers are setting the first XI up to fail. Yesterday it was clear the players weren't instinctively clear on how we were meant to attack. Several times people looked up to see no one on a flank. Several times people went on runs down ally ways and lost it. There was no clear understanding of how we were to get the ball from A) our box to B) their goal.
- we repeatedly are playing players in positions they are unfamiliar with. They are hardly likely to deliver their best in an unfamiliar role.
- the players have no confidence. That's apparent from all aspects of their game
- several players are playing only their first or second season in the Championship. They aren't experienced in this league and different match situations
- several have been rushed back from injuries, when perhaps they're not fully fit
- we do lack leaders ON the pitch. I think we have a lot of good characters, from all that I've read, off the pitch. But on the pitch, I'm not sure we have the leadership we need when we're up against it or go behind
- playing for QPR must be pretty sh*t at the minute. Management constantly changing, a fanbase that are pretty vitriolic (booing a colleague as he comes on, booing the team off at half time when not winning, booing at full time if we lose, social media hate all over the place), relatively low salary cap compared to a lot of sides in the league, awful training ground, high expectations, not being clear on how the team is meant to play, getting rollickings to "show more heart" from the manager, calling into question your attitude. This, if transplanted to your career, job, work environment wouldn't be fun. I doubt it is for our players.
- decreasing attendances

All of this is bound to be impacting the overall performances and results.

As fans we can choose, because we can choose, to be one cause (of many) to the problem, or we can choose to be part of the solution.

To say it's not down to us is true. It's not entirely down to the fanbase.

To say we can't help improve the situation is, however, nonsense. Of course we can.

Why would we choose not to try to be part of the solution, if we're fans of QPR?

oh the poor loves , it must be terrible picking up 10-20k a week to do the basics like trap a ball, defend a corner or heaven forbid score a goal
sorry but bar smithies they are all bottle jobs summed up by captain fantastic ned
they are footballers how hard is it to play 4-4-2, 4-5-1 , 4-3-3 or whatever, its what they practise in the week
I don't boo but those that do so what, we pay through the nose at this club to get in if we are getting spanked by Brentford at home then the fans have every right to have a go
how about the likes of caulker, sandro, henry, Ned, chery (mr overated) actually step up for a change and be leaders or actually be consistent in their performances, take some responsibility for a change, to many heads drop to many accept defeat when was the last time we turned a deficit around into a win ?
if we are backing Ollie (that is the board ) then he needs to buy his own players, les can still be DOF but let Ollie have his own targets , and hopefully he can also bin the likes of caulker, sandro, ned & henry along the way
the fans have had enough of 6 years of mismanagement by TF we are now on the verge of dropping again to league 1 , are we also supposed to sit and accept it , if the players cannot take a few fans having a go then they are in the wrong sport

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Fan Responsibilty on 15:23 - Dec 12 with 787 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fan Responsibilty on 15:04 - Dec 12 by paulparker

oh the poor loves , it must be terrible picking up 10-20k a week to do the basics like trap a ball, defend a corner or heaven forbid score a goal
sorry but bar smithies they are all bottle jobs summed up by captain fantastic ned
they are footballers how hard is it to play 4-4-2, 4-5-1 , 4-3-3 or whatever, its what they practise in the week
I don't boo but those that do so what, we pay through the nose at this club to get in if we are getting spanked by Brentford at home then the fans have every right to have a go
how about the likes of caulker, sandro, henry, Ned, chery (mr overated) actually step up for a change and be leaders or actually be consistent in their performances, take some responsibility for a change, to many heads drop to many accept defeat when was the last time we turned a deficit around into a win ?
if we are backing Ollie (that is the board ) then he needs to buy his own players, les can still be DOF but let Ollie have his own targets , and hopefully he can also bin the likes of caulker, sandro, ned & henry along the way
the fans have had enough of 6 years of mismanagement by TF we are now on the verge of dropping again to league 1 , are we also supposed to sit and accept it , if the players cannot take a few fans having a go then they are in the wrong sport

I'm sure in the minds of those already wanting Ollie out, have no memory of the Brentford game, you know, the one after JFH had been in charge for a year! not 4 games.

They never bring it up when trying to blame everything on Ollie, things have only gone wrong since he has been in charge.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 15:24]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Fan Responsibilty on 15:28 - Dec 12 with 779 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Fan Responsibilty on 15:23 - Dec 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm sure in the minds of those already wanting Ollie out, have no memory of the Brentford game, you know, the one after JFH had been in charge for a year! not 4 games.

They never bring it up when trying to blame everything on Ollie, things have only gone wrong since he has been in charge.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 15:24]

Are the poeple who want Olly out the same people who wanted to keep JFH in your mind?
Fan Responsibilty on 15:33 - Dec 12 with 771 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fan Responsibilty on 15:28 - Dec 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Are the poeple who want Olly out the same people who wanted to keep JFH in your mind?

Well at the time his name was not being linked so I doubt they thought about it.

Fan Responsibilty on 15:36 - Dec 12 with 752 viewsHendonHoop

We fans pay week in week out over the years, and are always entitled to say what we feel, as the customer is always right. If the folks in management got it right, we would get the right hump. So, Play well, give us 100% commitment, try to win games and then the fans will be happy and there would be no moaning.
Fan Responsibilty on 15:38 - Dec 12 with 744 views2Thomas2Bowles

Fan Responsibilty on 15:36 - Dec 12 by HendonHoop

We fans pay week in week out over the years, and are always entitled to say what we feel, as the customer is always right. If the folks in management got it right, we would get the right hump. So, Play well, give us 100% commitment, try to win games and then the fans will be happy and there would be no moaning.

Apart from Boston R
He was still moaning when Ollie got us promoted.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 15:38]

Fan Responsibilty on 15:43 - Dec 12 with 731 viewsHendonHoop

Correction. I meant to say that If the Management got things right, then the fans would NOT get the hump.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024