Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4th round draw 16:05 - Jan 6 with 17824 viewswelwynranger

Anyone but Barnet. I am still having nightmares about the last cup tie against them.
4th round draw on 20:11 - Jan 6 with 2454 viewsdaveB

4th round draw on 16:37 - Jan 6 by JAPRANGERS

Are Blackburn still in t'cup??

Yes, i was at their game yesterday against Newcastle and judging by that game they'll win the replay, Newcastle were abysmal
4th round draw on 00:01 - Jan 7 with 2261 viewshopphoops

4th round draw on 19:38 - Jan 6 by Konk

You cow! Ignoring the fact that we got done at home by a team 59 places below us in the league, what an amazing story for their caretaker manager. 33 years old, Latics fan who coached their U-18's, had already sorted out match and train tickets with mates, ends-up managing his club for the tie instead, and watches his team score an 88th minute winner after they'd early saved a penalty. Bas tard. Not that great if you're a white, but pretty ace if you're him.

Next year Konk, next year. Oldham brought a good crowd, fair play to them.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

4th round draw on 08:48 - Jan 7 with 2141 viewsYorkRanger

4th round draw on 00:01 - Jan 7 by hopphoops

Next year Konk, next year. Oldham brought a good crowd, fair play to them.

Selfishly I'm hoping for a tie in London that takes place on Saturday at 12.30 or 3pm (as foolishly I have already purchased train tickets in anticipation of West Brom at home, forgetting it was also 4th round day)
4th round draw on 08:50 - Jan 7 with 2124 viewsmakaveli1882

What happened the last time we played them? we have never lost to them.
4th round draw on 09:02 - Jan 7 with 2116 viewsTheChef

Blackburn, obviously.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

4th round draw on 10:07 - Jan 7 with 2044 viewsfrancisbowles

4th round draw on 17:37 - Jan 6 by loftboy

West Ham away for me, 10 minutes down the road from my house.

No that's all wrong. A stadium where you need binoculars to see the action.
4th round draw on 10:28 - Jan 7 with 2007 viewshopphoops

I just picked out of a random internet hat and got Stanley away.

Being back at work is a struggle.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

4th round draw on 10:47 - Jan 7 with 1978 viewsted_hendrix

Newport County for me please, no other reasons other than they play at a ground that is ridiculously called Rodney Parade which makes me laugh also we met a fair few of their fans at Paddington station years ago when they went out of the league one Saturday evening and they seemed to me to be a decent bunch of working class and loyal to their club football fans.

There is another reason but I cant remember what it is, Its not Newport station though cos that's a bit of dump if I'm honest.

Fourth round of the FA cup?

As Victor Meldrew once said "I don't believe it"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

4th round draw on 11:39 - Jan 7 with 1920 viewsElHoop

Having actually won a 3rd round tie at the first attempt maybe we can fully recapture our Cup mojo - a game against Spurs at Wembley definitely has retro appeal - but how many tickets would they give us for that?
4th round draw on 11:44 - Jan 7 with 1910 viewsMick_S

9. Doncaster Rovers.

I feel it in my fingers.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

4th round draw on 12:00 - Jan 7 with 1870 viewsmakaveli1882

Ball numbers

1 BOLTON WANDERERS
2 MILLWALL
3 GILLINGHAM
4 BRENTFORD
5 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY OR LUTON TOWN
6 MANCHESTER UNITED
7 EVERTON
8 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
9 DONCASTER ROVERS
10 NEWCASTLE UNITED OR BLACKBURN ROVERS
11 CHELSEA
12 CRYSTAL PALACE
13 DERBY COUNTY OR SOUTHAMPTON
14 ACCRINGTON STANLEY
15 BRISTOL CITY
16 NEWPORT COUNTY
17 OLDHAM ATHLETIC
18 SHREWSBURY TOWN OR STOKE CITY
19 ARSENAL
20 MANCHESTER CITY
21 BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
22 WEST HAM UNITED
23 WATFORD
24 BURNLEY
25 QUEENS PARK RANGERS
26 BARNET
27 PORTSMOUTH
28 AFC WIMBLEDON
29 WEST BROMWICH ALBION
30 MIDDLESBROUGH
31 WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS OR LIVERPOOL
32 SWANSEA CITY

Has to be number 1 away surely
4th round draw on 12:01 - Jan 7 with 1875 viewsJuzzie

4th round draw on 11:39 - Jan 7 by ElHoop

Having actually won a 3rd round tie at the first attempt maybe we can fully recapture our Cup mojo - a game against Spurs at Wembley definitely has retro appeal - but how many tickets would they give us for that?

I think it's capped at around 51k (I believe they've applied to have this increased to 62k) with 90k being a handful of exceptions (Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, big European team (i.e. Leeds) etc.).

If Spurs are drawn at home and it is 51k then the opposition would get allocated 15% which is 7,650.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 12:02]
4th round draw on 12:03 - Jan 7 with 1859 viewsthame_hoops

4th round draw on 12:01 - Jan 7 by Juzzie

I think it's capped at around 51k (I believe they've applied to have this increased to 62k) with 90k being a handful of exceptions (Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, big European team (i.e. Leeds) etc.).

If Spurs are drawn at home and it is 51k then the opposition would get allocated 15% which is 7,650.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 12:02]

if we got 7,650 I wonder how many we'd sell?
4th round draw on 12:05 - Jan 7 with 1853 viewsJuzzie

4th round draw on 12:03 - Jan 7 by thame_hoops

if we got 7,650 I wonder how many we'd sell?

4th round draw on 12:14 - Jan 7 with 1826 viewsrunningman75

Would love West Ham away as I can walk to the ground but never been. Otherwise Arsenal away as know too many gooners and not too far. Think we will end up with Millwall or winners of Luton vs Sheff Wednesday.
4th round draw on 12:28 - Jan 7 with 1788 viewsDannyPaddox

Since 1988 we've reached the 4th Round 10 times. 7 of the games have been London derbies. 10 out of the 31 balls we could draw tonight are London teams. Bolton away it is then.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 12:31]
4th round draw on 12:29 - Jan 7 with 1779 viewsJuzzie

I can feel it in me bones we're going to get a big one (home or away) tonight.
4th round draw on 13:04 - Jan 7 with 1705 viewsngbqpr

4th round draw on 12:00 - Jan 7 by makaveli1882

Ball numbers

1 BOLTON WANDERERS
2 MILLWALL
3 GILLINGHAM
4 BRENTFORD
5 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY OR LUTON TOWN
6 MANCHESTER UNITED
7 EVERTON
8 TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
9 DONCASTER ROVERS
10 NEWCASTLE UNITED OR BLACKBURN ROVERS
11 CHELSEA
12 CRYSTAL PALACE
13 DERBY COUNTY OR SOUTHAMPTON
14 ACCRINGTON STANLEY
15 BRISTOL CITY
16 NEWPORT COUNTY
17 OLDHAM ATHLETIC
18 SHREWSBURY TOWN OR STOKE CITY
19 ARSENAL
20 MANCHESTER CITY
21 BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION
22 WEST HAM UNITED
23 WATFORD
24 BURNLEY
25 QUEENS PARK RANGERS
26 BARNET
27 PORTSMOUTH
28 AFC WIMBLEDON
29 WEST BROMWICH ALBION
30 MIDDLESBROUGH
31 WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS OR LIVERPOOL
32 SWANSEA CITY

Has to be number 1 away surely

Whilst I'm well aware that "the cup's a great leveller", "the form book goes out the window" etc etc...half those teams are actually below us just now in the (ahem) 'football pyramid'...just sayin'...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

4th round draw on 13:46 - Jan 7 with 1622 viewsKonk

4th round draw on 19:40 - Jan 6 by Rangersw12

Whats happened to you lost this season Konk ?

I thought you would be having a similar season to Wolves and way clear of relegation

Where to start! Last season, we were absolutely superb at times once we got going. We played great football, went 23 games undefeated and once Mitrovic joined, had a lovely balance, but without the five loanees, it was a pretty light squad.

After promotion, we lost both full-backs - Fredericks and Targett, there were always going to be significant question marks over Ream and Odoi's ability to step-up (although Ream was POTY last season). So, we more or less needed a new defence, and Mawson joined whilst injured and has largely struggled, Chambers signed on loan, but has been toilet when played at CB (although decent in midfield), the full-backs have been poor/average and it's all been a but of a mess.

In midfield, McDonald, Johansen and Cairney were brilliant last season, but as suspected McDonald probably lacks the necessary pace, Johansen hasn't done much when given a chance and Cairney has either been injured or not at his best. We're reported to have spent £50m+ on Seri and Anguissa - Seri looked great initially, but has been average at best since, and Anguissa has failed to impress.

Up from Mitrovic isn't getting the service he received last season, Vietto is weak and Schurle looks half-hearted, despite having scored a few and provided assists.

We are really lacking pace, which is fatal. We're more solid under Ranieri, but don't seem to have any attacking edge or real system of play. There are some other sh it teams in the division, but I can't see us staying up. Can't say I'm devastated about going down if it happens - at least we presumably won't be charging £45 for the cheapest tickets for Cat C games if that happens (it was £55+ to watch us v West Ham, the deluded tw ats).

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

4th round draw on 13:49 - Jan 7 with 1611 viewsheadhoops

bound to be a away at a championship team starting with the letter B. Brizzle, Brentford, most likely oop t'North, Blackburn, Bolton or Boro. Fortunately Vauxhall Motors are already out.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

4th round draw on 14:10 - Jan 7 with 1579 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I just want a crap team at home that we can beat.

Are Chelsea still in it?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

4th round draw on 14:10 - Jan 7 with 1578 viewsJuzzie

4th round draw on 13:46 - Jan 7 by Konk

Where to start! Last season, we were absolutely superb at times once we got going. We played great football, went 23 games undefeated and once Mitrovic joined, had a lovely balance, but without the five loanees, it was a pretty light squad.

After promotion, we lost both full-backs - Fredericks and Targett, there were always going to be significant question marks over Ream and Odoi's ability to step-up (although Ream was POTY last season). So, we more or less needed a new defence, and Mawson joined whilst injured and has largely struggled, Chambers signed on loan, but has been toilet when played at CB (although decent in midfield), the full-backs have been poor/average and it's all been a but of a mess.

In midfield, McDonald, Johansen and Cairney were brilliant last season, but as suspected McDonald probably lacks the necessary pace, Johansen hasn't done much when given a chance and Cairney has either been injured or not at his best. We're reported to have spent £50m+ on Seri and Anguissa - Seri looked great initially, but has been average at best since, and Anguissa has failed to impress.

Up from Mitrovic isn't getting the service he received last season, Vietto is weak and Schurle looks half-hearted, despite having scored a few and provided assists.

We are really lacking pace, which is fatal. We're more solid under Ranieri, but don't seem to have any attacking edge or real system of play. There are some other sh it teams in the division, but I can't see us staying up. Can't say I'm devastated about going down if it happens - at least we presumably won't be charging £45 for the cheapest tickets for Cat C games if that happens (it was £55+ to watch us v West Ham, the deluded tw ats).

Makes me never to want to get promoted to the PL again especially as it costs a small fortune for the tickets and you just end up with mercenary half-hearted players who only signed for the ££££.
4th round draw on 15:13 - Jan 7 with 1516 viewsthemodfather

cup fever? ferk me a 4th rd draw with qpr in it is as rare as finding a pair of breeding dodo's in your garden!!!
for me not barnet away, as we'd get a small allocation, now west ham, new ground and maybe 8000 tickets? spuds at wembley could mean 2 trips there this season?? even 3 for optimists!! ;p;
many london sides left, good chance of a derby.....luck of the draw, here goes
4th round draw on 15:32 - Jan 7 with 1494 viewsactonman

Spurs away would be like turning up at Bernard Mathews house on Christmas Eve dressed as a large feathery bird shouting smother me in cranberry sauce and call me gobbles!
Having said that , a trip to Wembley is a trip to Wembley and not even the thought of a decade of p!ss taking from my spurs supporting in laws after a royal shafting would put me off!
4th round draw on 16:07 - Jan 7 with 1427 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No hopers at home please. Shame we can't play ourselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024