Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread 22:05 - Jan 1 with 31366 viewsCateLeBonR

Take me.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 3021 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Why always us? Farking sickening.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 3019 viewsHarbour

A sickness but so much better than Luton. To concede in the last kick horrible but a point none the less and something to build on.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:08 - Jan 2 with 2929 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:03 - Jan 2 by kensalriser

Can't say we didn't ask for that, we settled for one goal 20 minutes out, sat deep and invited them on despite having been successful taking the game to them before.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 22:04]

Agree with that, sadly, and through gritted teeth. We were everything we haven't been of late in the first half, but Critchley has to be tactically questioned for not responding to their change of attacking shape, allowung us to get predictably deeper and narrower, subbing off Willock for Amos, and leaving us barely even counter-attacking for the last 20 mins. Improved as we were, they deserved their point. F*ck it!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:08 - Jan 2 with 2985 viewsMatch82

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:02 - Jan 2 by Antti_Heinola

I know you're upset, but Kakay was down from 90m - 91m, so he was alwys going to play until 96 mins at least. Yes, should have been our foul, and some odd bookings and non-bookings, but can't blame the ref.
Unfortunate for us, but at least we showed some fight and belief. Would've bitten your hand off for a point before the game.

In this case Antii I think you are wrong. On my screen the time flashed up +4 just as kakay went down. By the time he got up it has changed to +5. I think the ref added that time as part of the 5
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:10 - Jan 2 with 2882 viewsterryb

We deserved a victory & gave a very disciplined performance.

Really gutting, but every player gave everything. I thought the last Dunne header was enough, but I hadn't allowed for their player being able to come back on to the pitch & win the ball.

Whether 5 added on was right or not I don't know, but he had to add another minute on to it for the Kakay injury. Which, of course, should have been a free kick to us.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:10 - Jan 2 with 2807 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:08 - Jan 2 by Match82

In this case Antii I think you are wrong. On my screen the time flashed up +4 just as kakay went down. By the time he got up it has changed to +5. I think the ref added that time as part of the 5

Either way, the ref is still a c*nt for giving them the free kick at all, but it's the Championship, so what do we expect? it's just a shame some of these tossers can't get a smack in the nose lthemselves like poor Kakay once in a while.

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:13 - Jan 2 with 2736 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:08 - Jan 2 by Match82

nope, they clearly said 5 mins on the 90 I'm afraid. I clocked it at the time and knew we'd play to 96.

Bare bones.

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:13 - Jan 2 with 2728 viewskarl

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:03 - Jan 2 by kensalriser

Can't say we didn't ask for that, we settled for one goal 20 minutes out, sat deep and invited them on despite having been successful taking the game to them before.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 22:04]

Can’t lie that it did happen but it was when the players we depend on up front to hold the ball tired, we need a system for when we can’t rely on Willock and Chair it seems. When they’re both not there we seem to be a poor team.
We did give it everything in defence so wasn’t lack of effort, we lack guile in a few players
Login to get fewer ads

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:17 - Jan 2 with 2596 viewsdistortR

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:13 - Jan 2 by karl

Can’t lie that it did happen but it was when the players we depend on up front to hold the ball tired, we need a system for when we can’t rely on Willock and Chair it seems. When they’re both not there we seem to be a poor team.
We did give it everything in defence so wasn’t lack of effort, we lack guile in a few players

and strength from the bench. Couple more substitutions would have been ideal, but we didn't have the players to bring on.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:18 - Jan 2 with 2578 viewsactonman

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:13 - Jan 2 by karl

That was carbon copy of the end of forest game last season , totally gutted after that performance !
Hope all the trains up north are cancelled !
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:22 - Jan 2 with 2441 viewsted_hendrix

I'd have bludgeoned somebody to death for a point before KO.

Still gutted at the last minute equaliser though.

Much Improved performance and I suppose that's all you can ask for?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:23 - Jan 2 with 2427 viewskarl

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:17 - Jan 2 by distortR

and strength from the bench. Couple more substitutions would have been ideal, but we didn't have the players to bring on.

Probably this more importantly
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:33 - Jan 2 with 2221 viewsDorse

I'd have taken a point before the game - and been grateful for it - but I have to admit I feel a bit cheated.

Crotchley out etc etc.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:36 - Jan 2 with 2160 viewsdistortR

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:33 - Jan 2 by Dorse

I'd have taken a point before the game - and been grateful for it - but I have to admit I feel a bit cheated.

Crotchley out etc etc.

He did bloody well to turn that performance around so quickly after luton.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:41 - Jan 2 with 2067 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:05 - Jan 2 by Damo1962

Tough, but a point is more than I expected. Our lack of goals is still a concern though, as a second would probably have given us all three. It's a start 🙂

This !!! we needed a second goal to kill it off but retreated into a shell in the second half.One shot from Chair that was deflected out for a corner is not good enough.
Albert did not help and getting caught for pace eventually led to their last barrage ending in a soul crushing equalizer .
Ossie kept slipping all day and SU looked dangerous down his side the entire second half.
Another sh*t ref not booking their player for going through Chair, multiple shirt pulls on Willock etc but booked Fields for hammering a pass away when he blew for a free at the same time.
Like a few posters I predicted a score draw but this feels like a loss
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:44 - Jan 2 with 2017 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Thought we were magnificent tonight - where has that performance been the last few months?

Ref was clearly playing on till they scored. No doubt he'll get to suck them off if they go up.

Jack Robinson is still a prick.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:46 - Jan 2 with 1974 viewsstainrods_elbow

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:04 - Jan 2 by charmr

Enjoyable game and I hope that’s Critchleys influence dictating how we play and conduct ourselves moving forward. Well done

Well, for one half anyway. Now he needs to teach his team to do it for two!

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:50 - Jan 2 with 1951 viewsDixie_CT

Unbelievable painful to take and a more confident team would have put them to bed by getting a second.

That must have been one helluva off day for them because they were really poor.

Hopefully something to build on, which is more than can be said for the last two performances.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:59 - Jan 2 with 1844 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:46 - Jan 2 by stainrods_elbow

Well, for one half anyway. Now he needs to teach his team to do it for two!

Credit where credit's due. That performance was everything Luton wasn't in terms of effort, energy and elan. If that's a sign of what he's about, then I look forward to seeing what he does going forward, particularly when he has some of his own signings. I just hope he doesn't burn off his credit by throwing the cup game.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 23:04 - Jan 2 with 1801 viewsjeffranger

So much a better performance & quicker to the ball & played as a team, Dykes looked very good & shame his performance didn’t merit him with a goal
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 23:14 - Jan 2 with 1732 viewsManinBlack

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:50 - Jan 2 by Dixie_CT

Unbelievable painful to take and a more confident team would have put them to bed by getting a second.

That must have been one helluva off day for them because they were really poor.

Hopefully something to build on, which is more than can be said for the last two performances.

The problem with us all season has been the inability to score second half goals down the Loft end. To get the insurance of a second goal, then that needs to come before half time. Unless we are two up at the interval them we have issues winning. It has been a trend this season that the longer the game goes on the less we create at home. Our second half performances this season have been a struggle creating and scoring.

It was a terrible ending but our goal was just as lucky with the deflection. Unfortunately it was the time they scored that hurts, 15 minutes earlier would not have seemed so bad. Mind you if they levelled 15 minutes earlier they probably would have gone on to win. At least by the time they scored there was no time to get another.

This is what happens when a team is on a bad run against a team in form, you try to cling on inviting them to attack. Those of us who watched Aberdeen go from 2-1 up after 92 minutes to lose 3-2 to Rangers after 95 minutes the other week is a prime example of getting too deep when confidence is low. Sadly we don't have the attack to go two goals ahead to take some of the pressure off.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2023 23:16]
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 23:49 - Jan 2 with 1563 viewsHunterhoop

Absolutely gutting.

Wonder where all those fans from the Luton game went? Empty in Pu.

Efforts deserved a win.

Game nous and professionalism did not. Far too soft. Far too wet. Far too quiet. Never a free kick like many of them. He knew it too.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 00:03 - Jan 3 with 1522 viewsMatch82

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 22:13 - Jan 2 by Antti_Heinola

nope, they clearly said 5 mins on the 90 I'm afraid. I clocked it at the time and knew we'd play to 96.

Maybe just my broadcast then, and could have been someone fat fingering a typo at ESPN and then changing it. Definitely changed through because I remarked at the time that I'd never seen that before.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 06:37 - Jan 3 with 1237 viewszizoustainrod

Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 19:26 - Jan 2 by paulparker

That’s the way I see it. I don’t begrudge Brentford (and Fulham to a lesser extent) their time in the sun. We had our share from the 70’s to the mid 90’s and I’m sure it’ll all change again over the next 10-20 years.

Couldn’t disagree more, 30 odd years ago we were spanking Man Utd, Wilkins , Wegerle, sinton were in our team , a few weeks before that I saw Fulham get beat off Hayes in the FA cup 1st round
I couldn’t of cared less about Brentford and we we the kings of London
Now look , both Brentford and Fulham could be getting into Europe whilst we think there are positives out of getting beat off luton by three , it’s utterly depressing and sickening

But 30 years ago was the 90s! With your post you are agreeing with him, other than being depressed and sickened which appears to be a perpetual state for you. I'd get that checked out if I were you.
Bring Me To The Horizon - Match Thread on 08:52 - Jan 3 with 1087 viewsBushRanger82

That was an improvement on the Luton game.
What must happen now, is that we don't throw away all the positivity and renewed feel good factor, on a half-hearted, lacklustre, typically poor 3rd round FA Cup exit at lower league opposition.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2023 15:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024