Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. 18:07 - Aug 18 with 38326 viewsqpr_1968

going with the heart again.....2-0 hoops.

minutes applause for trevor francis, john hollins and mike hellawell .

tickets on me phone for this one, hope no problems with that.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 00:05 - Aug 20 with 1923 viewsrbee

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:21 - Aug 19 by dmm

From Ainsworth's post match interview it seems the fitness issue we see on the pitch is because the squad is still coming to full fitness and this has been planned to avoid muscle injuries.

I don't fully understand this bit of sports science and feel somewhat alarmed that we've started the season not fully fit. Perhaps a question can be asked at the fans' forum in a few weeks.

I remember an interview that Gareth gave in Austria saying something like fitness was being slowly built with an aim for being fully fit for the Watford game. Now it seems that we shall be fully fit on the 16th September when we play Sunderland.

As Clive has pointed out Gareth has a tendancy to contradict himself.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 00:10 - Aug 20 with 1912 viewsMatch82

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 23:09 - Aug 19 by Lblock

MENTAL SHIT!!!

Maybe I’ll tell my boss I can’t start making him money until maybe Thursday mid morning as I’m just working my way into “full week fitness” and he needs to bear with me until then?

Fcuk me what bollox

(Not a dig at your post BTW; just a reaction to madness of it all!!!)

It seems crazy to me that players aren't at full fitness from day 1 but you hear all the time across all kinds of sports that "fit" and "match fit" are different things. I don't understand it myself but I know a lot less than the people living this day in day out and it's too much of a coincidence for them all to be saying it so I just put it down to one of those things which is probably true that I'll never understand
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 03:05 - Aug 20 with 1794 viewsDamo1962

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:36 - Aug 19 by CateLeBonR

It depends what you were expecting i guess.

Having your players fit enough to last 90 mins is the least anyone should expect.Standards are low at our club...that is obvious.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 08:04 - Aug 20 with 1648 viewsQPROslo

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 22:16 - Aug 19 by NorthantsHoop

Compare the two teams today, Ipswich not a fantastic side but look at the physicality of their players mostly 6 foot plus and looked fit, we on the other hand have no height in the team. Most of the teams in this league are made up of bigger players we look a small side and until this is addressed we are going to struggle.

Yeh that was a problem today without Dykes which got even worse when Field went off. They had a corner near the end where Cook and Fox seemed to stand off a large group of orange giants being pushed about by an even larger group of angry hooped dwarves. It would have been funny if it hadn't also been so scary.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 08:21 - Aug 20 with 1560 viewsDorse

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 08:04 - Aug 20 by QPROslo

Yeh that was a problem today without Dykes which got even worse when Field went off. They had a corner near the end where Cook and Fox seemed to stand off a large group of orange giants being pushed about by an even larger group of angry hooped dwarves. It would have been funny if it hadn't also been so scary.

We're not small. It's the hoops: it breaks up the players' outlines, making them difficult to see. In some games, we've actually had 13 players but got away with it because the officials could never get an accurate count. Look at the play-off game again: O'Neil got sent off but we still won because we only went down to 11 men on the day.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 08:25 - Aug 20 with 1538 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 03:05 - Aug 20 by Damo1962

Having your players fit enough to last 90 mins is the least anyone should expect.Standards are low at our club...that is obvious.

I think he is talking about fitness to play the style he wants, high press etc. These players have not done that before, and their fitness was poor last season, so they're starting from a low base.

I'll give GA the benefit of the doubt, but he doesn't help himself sometimes with his communication.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 08:42 - Aug 20 with 1441 viewsstevec

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 22:16 - Aug 19 by NorthantsHoop

Compare the two teams today, Ipswich not a fantastic side but look at the physicality of their players mostly 6 foot plus and looked fit, we on the other hand have no height in the team. Most of the teams in this league are made up of bigger players we look a small side and until this is addressed we are going to struggle.

Absolutely. We went from competing well against a reasonable opposition to being overwhelmed physically as the big players departed one by one.

It’s all very well that the subs may look neat in possession but out of possession they just get swept aside.

When Armstrong departed Ipswich moved 10 yards up the pitch, we were done.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 08:43 - Aug 20 with 1440 viewsdmm

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 08:25 - Aug 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I think he is talking about fitness to play the style he wants, high press etc. These players have not done that before, and their fitness was poor last season, so they're starting from a low base.

I'll give GA the benefit of the doubt, but he doesn't help himself sometimes with his communication.

You might be right but, if so, the question is then, why didn't he and his team plan a 6 week preseason so that players reached his required level of fitness by the start of the season? It must surely be possible.

And the other question is, why do other teams appear fitter than we are and do they incur muscle injuries as a result?
Login to get fewer ads

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 08:54 - Aug 20 with 1382 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 08:43 - Aug 20 by dmm

You might be right but, if so, the question is then, why didn't he and his team plan a 6 week preseason so that players reached his required level of fitness by the start of the season? It must surely be possible.

And the other question is, why do other teams appear fitter than we are and do they incur muscle injuries as a result?

The question for me after Cardiff was how was Field so exhausted with 15-20 left to play?

New players, I can understand. maybe even allow for some of the younger players. But Field?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 09:26 - Aug 20 with 1267 viewsvanrrrr

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 08:42 - Aug 20 by stevec

Absolutely. We went from competing well against a reasonable opposition to being overwhelmed physically as the big players departed one by one.

It’s all very well that the subs may look neat in possession but out of possession they just get swept aside.

When Armstrong departed Ipswich moved 10 yards up the pitch, we were done.

100% …. Have not seen replay of the goal but from my seat my first reaction was that we would not have conceded that if Sam was still on. Seemed to miss a few tackles / got overpowered.

I thought Ipswich were bang average but they are big, fit and well coached. Ahh well.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 09:49 - Aug 20 with 1197 viewsdmm

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 08:54 - Aug 20 by BrianMcCarthy

The question for me after Cardiff was how was Field so exhausted with 15-20 left to play?

New players, I can understand. maybe even allow for some of the younger players. But Field?

Yep, and I can only assume this is the influence of the new director of performance, Ben Williams. Ainsworth has been big on fitness to meet his style of football and complained about the level of fitness when he came to QPR. Three games into the new season and it feels like we're playing catch up in this regard.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 09:49 - Aug 20 with 1197 viewsQPROslo

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 08:54 - Aug 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Didn't see it but didnt he play most of the Naawwitjh game too? From the way he was walking around half way through the 1st half I thought he was carrying an injury. He wasn't good today for some reason, good job Dozzell had a good game. Field definitely got injured 2nd half when he made a tackle and also picked up a yellow, came back on when the Ref eventually let him but had to go off a bit later.
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 09:51 - Aug 20 with 1189 viewsmart_Goblin

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 09:26 - Aug 20 by vanrrrr

100% …. Have not seen replay of the goal but from my seat my first reaction was that we would not have conceded that if Sam was still on. Seemed to miss a few tackles / got overpowered.

I thought Ipswich were bang average but they are big, fit and well coached. Ahh well.

Yeah I would agree . Lots of people like the Second Tier Pod creaming themselves about how good they are and their own fans understandably believing the hype but I thought that they were very ordinary too. Better than us but not this ‘super team’ like they are being made out to be . They got really frustrated and lost all pattern of play until we lost Sinclair and Field. We then lost belief and they stepped up the pitch 10 yards like was mentioned . Only 1 outcome then .

Not commented on yesterday until now . Really disappointed to lose the game but I can’t help feeling some encouragement and hope seeing youngsters (if not in age then experience) start to step up to the challenge .
The gave everything yesterday .

Just can’t help being worried by so many looking so shattered with 15 mins to go .
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 10:14 - Aug 20 with 1129 viewsBushRanger82

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 21:55 - Aug 19 by ted_hendrix

Mate you might be right, you probably are I just seem to understand football less and less nowaday's.

I remember the day's when there was only one sub and players used to play for 93 minutes and just get on with It.

So do I. (Sighs)

Maybe, it was all a dream?
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 10:15]
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 11:18 - Aug 20 with 1034 viewsmart_Goblin

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 09:49 - Aug 20 by QPROslo

Didn't see it but didnt he play most of the Naawwitjh game too? From the way he was walking around half way through the 1st half I thought he was carrying an injury. He wasn't good today for some reason, good job Dozzell had a good game. Field definitely got injured 2nd half when he made a tackle and also picked up a yellow, came back on when the Ref eventually let him but had to go off a bit later.

Field was visibly holding his groin in pain from about the 20th minute through the remainder of the first half .
Don’t buy Ainsworth’s comments on Willock either . He was constantly holding his right thigh from about the 8th minute on . From my seat in Ellerslie road it was clear as day .

Also clearly see Sinclair stretching his calf minutes before he hit the deck
Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 15:05 - Aug 20 with 860 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Hoops v Tractor boys match thread. on 11:18 - Aug 20 by mart_Goblin

Field was visibly holding his groin in pain from about the 20th minute through the remainder of the first half .
Don’t buy Ainsworth’s comments on Willock either . He was constantly holding his right thigh from about the 8th minute on . From my seat in Ellerslie road it was clear as day .

Also clearly see Sinclair stretching his calf minutes before he hit the deck

Jesus you are the grim reaper with that news mart_Goblin those 3 players being out for any time would be crushing IMO.
GA is trying to bluff his way right now.He was way too happy in that interview if the sound was off I would have thought we won to be honest.
I know he is upbeat but its a slippery slope right now need to get traction ASAP
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024