Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Windy Millers Match Thread. 15:42 - Nov 3 with 58982 viewsconnell10

Get this in early. 1-1 and I'd be happy.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Windy Millers Match Thread. (n/t) on 17:08 - Nov 4 with 2772 viewsessextaxiboy

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:04 - Nov 4 by lassel

Embarrassing take.

It wasn’t Richards who gave away a needless free kick or Richards who left their CF unmarked at the back post to volley it in.

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:09 - Nov 4 with 2743 viewsBoston

I think that's the first match this season where we've had the majority of the possession.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:10 - Nov 4 with 2672 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:06 - Nov 4 by hubble

Massive congratulations to Marti - his first game in England as a manager, at Rotherham, in November, in the pouring rain, with a squad low on confidence and lacking any cohesion and we play like that, some flashes of really good football to come, get a draw in the end, superb. Vamos Rangers!

Spot on. One week to Brizzle City and we can only build on that over the next 7 days.
How long is it since we have been creating chances? A year?

Looks like the players have pulled their socks up. It's gonna be a roller coaster now, but we have hope!

COYRs
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:11 - Nov 4 with 2643 viewssdm1508

The attacking intent is there again. Only three days with the team and you can already see pattern of play. Attacking the space. It feels like Marti looks at a player to see what they can give him rather than not what they do. Also we looked good playing four at the back. Will be interesting to see the line up and roles within midfield once suspensions are over. Good to see Field coming on to strike balls out side the area. Maybe Colback will hold and Field get forward a bit more
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:12 - Nov 4 with 2614 viewsjoolsyp

Lots to like about that performance. If Marti can get them playing like that after one or two training sessions, imagine after a couple of weeks. We looked far more solid at the back, Kelly’s goal and their free header that hit the bar notwithstanding. Always broke in numbers and looked dangerous. Kept going until the end and could have, probably should have got the winner - I’d have backed Field to score that with his technique. A bit disappointed that Willock didn’t really affect the game like I hoped he would and poor Taylor looked completely lost when he came on. Dixon-Bonner had a really solid game. Chair was immense and what a goal! Would love to see his stats after that performance. Kind of wish we had Rotherham’s keeper, perhaps Marti can have a word 😉

Bring on Brizzle!
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:12 - Nov 4 with 2583 viewsHAYESBOY

That was better. At least we had a go. Impressed with EDB in the middle. Previously I thought he looked a bit lethargic but he put in a shift today. Chair again at the centre of everything good going forward.
Promising start.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:13 - Nov 4 with 2539 viewshubble

Night and day from Ainsworth performances. He's had 4 days with them. Fcuking brilliant signing, massive kudos to whoever scouted him. Michael who?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:13 - Nov 4 with 2520 viewsCamberleyR

Considering he's only had a few days to work with the players, that is an encouraging performance, just shows what can be done with some actual coaching of the players and players buying in to that coaching.

Disappointing to lose the lead but I'd have taken a draw beforehand. I think with Ainsworth we'd have had a similar result to last season up there.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:16 - Nov 4 with 2418 viewsTHEBUSH

Thought a draw was the right result.

Although also thought, their goalkeeper was excellent.

He saved them more than once and we might have nicked the game, but for him.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:16 - Nov 4 with 2376 viewsrbee

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:04 - Nov 4 by Noelmc

Chair clear MOTM, but thought EDB & Cannon had very good games too.

What about Field? How many interceptions and blocks in our area.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:18 - Nov 4 with 2270 viewsdenhamhoop2

The positives we actually looked to get the ball down and play which means Chair actually looked engaged, midfielders getting in and around their box. Cook back to help organise Cannon and Paal showing good movement and width to the team.
The negatives Rotherham are not a very good team and missing quite a few first choice players yet had a 10 minute spell after their goal where we couldn't stop them playing their game. We really don't have forwards who will score enough goals to get out of trouble.
Big sea change though we actually looked to get forward and score goals not just sit let the opposition attack and hope they tire themselves out aka Homer Simpson v Dedrick Tatum and make our games nearly unwatchable
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:20 - Nov 4 with 2208 viewsdmm

Statistics aren't everything but comparing this game's stats to an Ainsworth one is very telling.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:20 - Nov 4 with 2197 viewsdavman

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:16 - Nov 4 by rbee

My choice.

Always amazed with those that say we overrate Field - he is a fantastic player with a great attitude at this level.

+s: Cannon, Chair, Field, Paal, EDB
-s: Dunne, Dykes, Willock, Smyth

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:22 - Nov 4 with 2121 viewsQPunkR

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:04 - Nov 4 by lassel

Embarrassing take.

It wasn’t Richards who gave away a needless free kick or Richards who left their CF unmarked at the back post to volley it in.

Embarrassing?
Field was forced into giving away the free kick because of Richards' lazy header straight to their attacking player despite having teammates in close attendance. Without that free kick Rotherham don't score

QPR - "shit but local"

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:23 - Nov 4 with 2087 viewslassel

Positives clearly the three players seem much happier trying to actually play football, some nice moves and Richards looked more interested and invested today then I’ve seen him since Beale left. Cannon clearly a very classy player and I would expect to see him further up the pitch once Marti gets more time with the players. Could’ve nicked it at the end with an OG.

Negative has to be Dykes who was completely and utterly pocketed by a severely limited CB in Odoffin and the overall result - 1-1 is better than Ainsworth would’ve achieved but Rotherham are a truly shit team and even with only 3 days of training we should’ve had enough to beat them. Concerning but not overly surprising that the hoof was still the warm, cuddly option for the team rather than try and play around the Rotherham midfield.

The less said about Adomah and Kakay the better…

Hopefully with a full week we will play more on the deck, especially with Colback and Dozzell back, but as said earlier this week, if we are to get out of it, there will I’m sure be lots of 1-0 nailbiters between now and the end of the season.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:26 - Nov 4 with 1987 viewsrbee

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:20 - Nov 4 by davman

My choice.

Always amazed with those that say we overrate Field - he is a fantastic player with a great attitude at this level.

+s: Cannon, Chair, Field, Paal, EDB
-s: Dunne, Dykes, Willock, Smyth

Joint Field and Chair for me.

Agree with your + and -

Will cut some Willock some slack with his lack of game time. Smyth did ok at times and worked hard but it's still a signing that confuses me. Such a shame that JCS is so injury prone as Dunne isn't good enough. Dykes wasn't at the races at all today.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 17:34]
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:26 - Nov 4 with 1985 viewslassel

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:22 - Nov 4 by QPunkR

Embarrassing?
Field was forced into giving away the free kick because of Richards' lazy header straight to their attacking player despite having teammates in close attendance. Without that free kick Rotherham don't score

Rotherham were 40 yards out with 3 QPR players in close attendance to 1 Rotherham player - Field didn’t have to do shit, but as so often with his team made a dumb decision, which we still could’ve salvaged if their CF had been marked from the FK…
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:26 - Nov 4 with 1941 viewsDesertBoot

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:23 - Nov 4 by lassel

Positives clearly the three players seem much happier trying to actually play football, some nice moves and Richards looked more interested and invested today then I’ve seen him since Beale left. Cannon clearly a very classy player and I would expect to see him further up the pitch once Marti gets more time with the players. Could’ve nicked it at the end with an OG.

Negative has to be Dykes who was completely and utterly pocketed by a severely limited CB in Odoffin and the overall result - 1-1 is better than Ainsworth would’ve achieved but Rotherham are a truly shit team and even with only 3 days of training we should’ve had enough to beat them. Concerning but not overly surprising that the hoof was still the warm, cuddly option for the team rather than try and play around the Rotherham midfield.

The less said about Adomah and Kakay the better…

Hopefully with a full week we will play more on the deck, especially with Colback and Dozzell back, but as said earlier this week, if we are to get out of it, there will I’m sure be lots of 1-0 nailbiters between now and the end of the season.

Cheerful soul aren’t you?

Wish I could be like David Watts

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:27 - Nov 4 with 1926 viewsRangersw12

Enjoyed that and haven't said that for months
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:27 - Nov 4 with 1917 viewsterryb

A far better performance & everyone worked. Yes, even Chris Willock!

It was good to see us passing the ball to feet & attempting to win the match rather than to hang on to something. I was concerned about a pairing of Field & Dixon-Bonner, but There was no need to be.

I'm actually looking forward to next Saturday. It's a long time since I felt like that!
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:27 - Nov 4 with 1913 viewsEsox_Lucius

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:01 - Nov 4 by QPunkR

Incredibly frustrating. That lazy fat dkhead Richards has torpedoed the game for us

Such unrelenting negativity towards our team throughout this thread. I hope you don't have a cat or a dog; I fear for them.

The grass is always greener.

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:29 - Nov 4 with 1852 viewsQPunkR

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:27 - Nov 4 by Esox_Lucius

Such unrelenting negativity towards our team throughout this thread. I hope you don't have a cat or a dog; I fear for them.

QPR - "shit but local"

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:30 - Nov 4 with 1794 viewsjoolsyp

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:16 - Nov 4 by rbee

Field was immense and at times was dropping back as a central defender. I wish he (or Dixon Bonner) would have got forward a bit more though, especially towards the end on the break.

Rotherham were ugly and physical and very fit - this was exactly the kind of game we’d have lost under Gaz. Because we tried to play on the front foot throughout we were always in with a shout of winning it. Steve Cook was immense at the back as well.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:32 - Nov 4 with 1740 viewsQPunkR

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:27 - Nov 4 by Esox_Lucius

And that's your sole contribution to the Fred? Apart from the downvotes, of course. To which you are entitled

QPR - "shit but local"

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:33 - Nov 4 with 1712 viewsQPunkR

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:30 - Nov 4 by joolsyp

Field was immense and at times was dropping back as a central defender. I wish he (or Dixon Bonner) would have got forward a bit more though, especially towards the end on the break.

Rotherham were ugly and physical and very fit - this was exactly the kind of game we’d have lost under Gaz. Because we tried to play on the front foot throughout we were always in with a shout of winning it. Steve Cook was immense at the back as well.

Difficult for Field to get forward as well as doing at least 3 jobs. The man's truly immense

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024