Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Windy Millers Match Thread. 15:42 - Nov 3 with 63044 viewsconnell10

Get this in early. 1-1 and I'd be happy.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:33 - Nov 4 with 2649 viewsLblock

So we played a bit of football..........

Now six (really seven) points from safety and that was a HUGE two pints dropped today

This squad absolutely stinks f relegation but that's nothing new.
The bench is an absolute joke.

Hopefully Marti learnt three things from today - keep Taylor Richards as far away from a football pitch as possible, Kakay has the ball control of an Indian elephant and poor old Albert is now only fit for glue.
Big job on his hands that man.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:34 - Nov 4 with 2641 viewsNorthantsHoop

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:27 - Nov 4 by terryb

A far better performance & everyone worked. Yes, even Chris Willock!

It was good to see us passing the ball to feet & attempting to win the match rather than to hang on to something. I was concerned about a pairing of Field & Dixon-Bonner, but There was no need to be.

I'm actually looking forward to next Saturday. It's a long time since I felt like that!

Agree it was a much better performance, positives outweigh the negatives. Shame Chair's booking means he misses next Saturday. Another week on the training field with Marti who looks to already made a difference will be good.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:38 - Nov 4 with 2543 viewsnumptydumpty

A very decent game which even when QPR have had the odd decent game in this last year, normally all games have been just so dull.

Some decent attacking intent for a change and in charge of possession.

Shame didn't win.

Second half perfirmance warranted a win but just shows if you pick all of your better players you do get a much improved performance and have much more goal threat.

Very encouraging and nice to see.

C'mon u rrs

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:41 - Nov 4 with 2484 viewsmart_Goblin

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:27 - Nov 4 by Esox_Lucius

Such unrelenting negativity towards our team throughout this thread. I hope you don't have a cat or a dog; I fear for them.

I think in some cases, you mistake negativity for reality .

Some genuine positives and shoots of encouragement for us all.
But in reality Rotherham were dreadful and we missed a big chance to pick up 3 huge points
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:42 - Nov 4 with 2460 viewsDejR_vu

Stopped the rot, that will give them confidence. Played some actual football, kept the ball on the floor. Full week on the training ground, then the International break. Things look far more positive.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:44 - Nov 4 with 2439 viewslassel

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:26 - Nov 4 by DesertBoot

Cheerful soul aren’t you?

I mean it’s encouraging that the players looked happier trying to play, and we didn’t lose, which we 100% would’ve done with Ainsworth, but ultimately the game was a clear visual of the challenge Marti faces. Neither of those teams looked anywhere near Championship level and Dykes was pocketed by a CB he should be embarrassing every day of the week.

It’s not negativity to acknowledge that Rotherham are utter shite and we still could only take 1 point.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:44 - Nov 4 with 2438 viewsRs_Holy

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:33 - Nov 4 by Lblock

Now six (really seven) points from safety and that was a HUGE two pints dropped today

Hopefully Marti learnt three things from today - keep Taylor Richards as far away from a football pitch as possible, Kakay has the ball control of an Indian elephant and poor old Albert is now only fit for glue.

Fair points… I think he is giving everyone a chance early so Richards got a run out today. Pretty obvious tho that he is not prepared to run… and does not want to be at QPR… so we are stuck with him for a few years?
I thought we looked decent today for large sections of the match… Marti’s got something to build on.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 17:55]
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:51 - Nov 4 with 2296 viewssdm1508

I get it. We are in the sh!t at the moment but some people here I think like to be miserable. We have no right to go anywhere and win. We have a manager who has been at the club in three days and you can already see the impact. We had 206 succesfull passes in the first half. We had 207 in 97 minutes in the game before. A level of structure and pattern of play. Players trying to play and attack. Played 4 at the back which we couldn't seem to do before. Players who hadn't shown up for weeks looking revitalised again. Give him time to work out stuff that we already know and in some case he might get certain players changing their approach. Yes we need points but it's his first bloody game
Login to get fewer ads

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:51 - Nov 4 with 2296 viewsSuperhoops2808

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:27 - Nov 4 by Esox_Lucius

Such unrelenting negativity towards our team throughout this thread. I hope you don't have a cat or a dog; I fear for them.

I am with you on that

People saying nothing has changed blah blah - There are a whole raft of things that changed. Rome wasn't built in a day, and if that's what MC can do with a few days coaching, its promising for a week with these players who most of whom clearly responded to the challenge

Roll on next Saturday and introduce himself to the home faithful with a win
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:55 - Nov 4 with 2227 viewsconnell10

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:08 - Nov 4 by mart_Goblin

Feel mildly frustrated that we didn’t capitalise on a woeful Rotherham side .
But shoots of positivity there . Dixon-Bonner very tidy . Chair best player on pitch by a mile .
We passed the ball nicely in periods and showed that with some coaching we could be an attractive side to watch . Caveat to that is the oppostion was garbage .
Jimmy Dunne still worries me as he always has done. Willock a little anonymous but maybe he just needs games to get ‘match fit’.

But we are a woeful QPR side look at our stats.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:55 - Nov 4 with 2228 views1JD

Night and day that. Players looked happy, and some excellent passages of play, reminiscent of under Warbs and Beale. Shame we couldn’t get to 2-0, I thought we deserved it, even though they hit the bar. Better team throughout.

Willock got sharper as the game went on until tiring. Needs regular game time to build confidence and fitness, same for Richards. Very difficult for a player to affect a game instantly when haven’t played for months. Confidence, a manager that knows how to use them, and game time key for both.

Special mention to EDB who I thought was excellent. Lovely touch and quick incisive passing, and closed down spaces well with a bit of pace and athleticism.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:57 - Nov 4 with 2189 viewsrbee

Too many negative comments on here bearing in mind with Gaz it would have been another defeat due to a far less attacking approach. Yes I know it was a weakened Rotherham team but they were never going to roll over and accept defeat.

Good game to watch, first impressions are that the players looked happier which was reflected in their football. A remarkable turnaround really after only three training sessions, at times in the first half it was like watching a Mark Warburton team the way we were passing the ball around. We created chances and their goalie, who played well, got lucky with one save.

Set peices were mainly disappointing again something that Marti will have noticed but at least our dominance brought about so many corner kicks. Defence looked shaky at times but Sam Field was usually there to help out. Overall more positives than negatives.

On to Bristol and a home game which I am really looking forward to. Let's see what Marti can do after another five training sessions.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:58 - Nov 4 with 2170 viewsDamo1962

It's a start. Like others have said, we would have lost that under GA. We need to get that second goal and the game was ours. Of course if the terminally useless Dykes is upfront...not likely to happen. Onwards and all that 👍
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:59 - Nov 4 with 2153 viewsLblock

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:44 - Nov 4 by Rs_Holy

Fair points… I think he is giving everyone a chance early so Richards got a run out today. Pretty obvious tho that he is not prepared to run… and does not want to be at QPR… so we are stuck with him for a few years?
I thought we looked decent today for large sections of the match… Marti’s got something to build on.

Marti may well have something to build on but he’s not got many building blocks to do it with has he?
Our only hope is that we can keep the gap to safety respectable until January and that Marti actually does have a few connections and can land a few players

I suppose a point away when you’re in the form we are is good plus it stops the rot but, that was a huge two points to drop from a winning position at a much depleted rival

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:00 - Nov 4 with 2140 viewsmart_Goblin

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:51 - Nov 4 by Superhoops2808

I am with you on that

People saying nothing has changed blah blah - There are a whole raft of things that changed. Rome wasn't built in a day, and if that's what MC can do with a few days coaching, its promising for a week with these players who most of whom clearly responded to the challenge

Roll on next Saturday and introduce himself to the home faithful with a win

I can’t talk for others .

But me saying that that was 2 points dropped isn’t a slight on Martii in anyway.
From my point of view I’m criticising the players on the pitch . I know he can’t magic things overnight .

But the players have to take responsibility of situations and they didn’t for the goal and didn’t in the big chances Rotherham has to win the game. We were half a post width away from losing a game we looked pretty comfortable in.

That said we had decent chances too so there are positives to take. The main one being you could see his influence in the way we moved the ball immediately
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:01 - Nov 4 with 2104 viewsVancouverHoop

I thought Richards was better than in any other performance I've seen him give. For example he has very good ball control. There was one moment where he deftly turned a couple of opponents against the byline in our own end and took the ball upfield and out of danger. Of course he's slower than a wet weekend in Rotherham, (heh!) and maybe even Jimmy Dunne. And he's going to make blunders so long as he doesn't get regular minutes which, of course, he'll have to earn.

I also thought Adomah, in the few minutes he was on the pitch, put in a couple of very good crosses which no one got on the end of.

Frankly I have more concerns about Willock and Dykes than about either of those players. The latter had more opportunities in the oppos end today than he's had in the last year and barely got close to to any of them. And Willock is just a shadow of the player he used to be, it's very worrying. I'm sure for him more than anyone.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:02 - Nov 4 with 2093 viewsBoston

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:16 - Nov 4 by THEBUSH

Thought a draw was the right result.

Although also thought, their goalkeeper was excellent.

He saved them more than once and we might have nicked the game, but for him.

Right result, sorta. I thought we had the opportunity to wrap it up before Rotherham got going, but certainly both teams went for it, entertaining game.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:08 - Nov 4 with 1996 viewsBklynRanger

Two pints dropped is never a good situation but football-wise I thought it was a big improvement.

You could see these three 'p's he mentioned during the week - passing was better, pressing was better but needs to improve, and they didn't look uncomfortable with the positioning. This is a team that was completely fcuking hopeless having had 3 days of he new system.

And on Richards, when he came on I saw him milling around on the right wing contributing at least, bit later he gave the ball away and get bollocked, and following that saw him retain possession on the right, beat a couple of players with not much more than timing and play it out wide left, for Chair I think - that move was a different level and can't have gone unnoticed. Maybe this new opportunity with Willock can impact Richards, who knows.

Considering how firmly their potential winner hit the post (and how anaemic Dykes was - Jimmy Dunne did a better job of stretching for a chance) I'll take a point as a positive start, no problem.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 18:10]
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:10 - Nov 4 with 1970 viewsrbee

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:58 - Nov 4 by Damo1962

It's a start. Like others have said, we would have lost that under GA. We need to get that second goal and the game was ours. Of course if the terminally useless Dykes is upfront...not likely to happen. Onwards and all that 👍

It is feasible that after the International break and plenty more training sessions that we could play without Dykes or Armstrong.

With everyone fit and available our forward thinking possession game could allow Willock to play in a forward roll with a wide player and at least one midfielder supporting him.

Cut Richards and especially Willock some slack. Both have virtually no game time and have been left in the cold by the previous manager.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2023 18:14]
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:10 - Nov 4 with 1970 viewsFDC

In total contrast I found that incredibly encouraging, not to mention entertaining.

Willock and Richards coming in for stick, and Willock definitely looked nothing like the pre injury Willock. But to see him in the game, close to Chair and linking up - if we're going to turn things around we need him and Richards in the team. Neither have played much football and inevitably looked off the pace. Richards I actually thought had two or three touches that showed the player he could be. Yeah obviously the misplaced header but again, he's barely played any football this season. Despite that, I'm convinced there's a top class player waiting to be found in there.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:10 - Nov 4 with 1967 views1JD

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:01 - Nov 4 by VancouverHoop

I thought Richards was better than in any other performance I've seen him give. For example he has very good ball control. There was one moment where he deftly turned a couple of opponents against the byline in our own end and took the ball upfield and out of danger. Of course he's slower than a wet weekend in Rotherham, (heh!) and maybe even Jimmy Dunne. And he's going to make blunders so long as he doesn't get regular minutes which, of course, he'll have to earn.

I also thought Adomah, in the few minutes he was on the pitch, put in a couple of very good crosses which no one got on the end of.

Frankly I have more concerns about Willock and Dykes than about either of those players. The latter had more opportunities in the oppos end today than he's had in the last year and barely got close to to any of them. And Willock is just a shadow of the player he used to be, it's very worrying. I'm sure for him more than anyone.

That was a quality bit of play by Richards but instead others prefer to focus on his header that he misjudged, which clearly wasn’t intentional, and is just an example of a pass not finding its target. Happens to all players. But unfortunately happens to Kakay about 5-10 times a game, and the same goes for Dykes, who must of lost the ball every time it went to him. Got bullied, and couldn’t trap a bag of cement. Just kept giving possession away time and again. His hold up play is really poor. I’ve got no concerns with Willock, a player as dynamic as him just needs games to get up to speed.
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:14 - Nov 4 with 1895 viewssmudgehoop

An entertaining match, with QPR having decent spells of attack,

Chair and Willock both starting is a huge positive imho.

Field has been given a licence to go forward and was MOTM for me.

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:17 - Nov 4 with 1843 viewsRangersw12

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 17:59 - Nov 4 by Lblock

Marti may well have something to build on but he’s not got many building blocks to do it with has he?
Our only hope is that we can keep the gap to safety respectable until January and that Marti actually does have a few connections and can land a few players

I suppose a point away when you’re in the form we are is good plus it stops the rot but, that was a huge two points to drop from a winning position at a much depleted rival

Well the last 6 months we've looked like a pub side so today is a massive improvement

Just shows what you can do if you actually coach some players rather than to tell them to aimlessly hoof it
Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:19 - Nov 4 with 1820 viewsted_hendrix

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:00 - Nov 4 by mart_Goblin

I can’t talk for others .

But me saying that that was 2 points dropped isn’t a slight on Martii in anyway.
From my point of view I’m criticising the players on the pitch . I know he can’t magic things overnight .

But the players have to take responsibility of situations and they didn’t for the goal and didn’t in the big chances Rotherham has to win the game. We were half a post width away from losing a game we looked pretty comfortable in.

That said we had decent chances too so there are positives to take. The main one being you could see his influence in the way we moved the ball immediately

I think the positives outweigh the negatives, having said that we have been poor for too long.
To my way of thinking until they equalised we were In a good place on the pitch but we'd had a couple of warnings.
A second goal for making It 2-0 would have killed the game but we've dropped two points this afternoon and that's a stone cold fact.
We actually came close to having a new Manager bounce, unfortunately we also came close to losing the game at the death too.
Gotta be pleased with stopping the rot, but we have a lot of seriously hard work to do at the club, on and off the pitch.

That training pitch needs to be bloody busy.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Windy Millers Match Thread. on 18:21 - Nov 4 with 1800 viewscorse

Good game. Much improved performance compared to the dross Ainsworth did serve. And in 3 days he made it look that there was a QPR team on the pitch again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024