Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Bridge 22:41 - Jun 3 with 52253 viewsLblock

Looks like it's happening again

My old office 10 yards from this on Tooley Street

Terrorist scum

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

London Bridge on 18:55 - Jun 4 with 2912 viewspaulparker

London Bridge on 18:30 - Jun 4 by izlingtonhoop

Alright you lot. This is all very well. But where the hell is PaulParker and his inimitable take on solutions to these problems?

Don't see any point in commenting , if the slaughter of innocent 8 year old girls at a pop concert doesn't get people worked up then nothing will, avoided this mb as I would have been called a racist by the usual suspects
interesting that Brighton got worked up earlier I seem to remember him calling me out after the Westminster attack ,resulting in us having a ding dong , seems he has breaking point to now, (btw that was a dig , just an observation)
we will get the usual sound bites , business as usual , they won't win, muslims are peaceful people,
We will light candles maybe have another pop concert but it will happen again then again and then again until we forget what the last atrocity was , instead of being a nation of people never backing down we have turned into a nation of people who love self pity ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

London Bridge on 18:58 - Jun 4 with 2908 viewsDWQPR

London Bridge on 18:35 - Jun 4 by Brightonhoop

John Charles is right Dave, you really have turned out to be a bit of a w4nker.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 18:40]

What can I say Jim, what can I say. I know what I will say but I will leave it for another time and another place old son. And John Charles, I think that my views in this thread have been well considered, certainly more so than those posted by our Spanish emigrant (how ironic), and if you don't agree frankly I don't give a flying one. I promise you I won't lose any sleep over it. In recent days I have been called an apartheid apologist by DannyR, despite posts that suggest nothing of the sort but obviously because I don't suit his political argument what I stated gets twisted. And yet what Brighton Boy suggests makes aparthied look attractive, (please don't twist those words), Anne of course on cue a lefty like yourself would rather attack me rather than refer back to the start and lay into Jimbo. As RangersDave said much earlier it seems that some views are just not allowed on here by the virulent left. My post on Corbyn in this thread is fair game, the thread got a whole lot political before that. Nobody wishes to admit that the information that I provided regarding police numbers per head of population is a fair argument, because it doesn't fit with with some people's agenda. Still, doesn't matter. You get on with it and maybe we might agree one day about something related to QPR.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

London Bridge on 18:58 - Jun 4 with 2907 views2Thomas2Bowles

London Bridge on 18:43 - Jun 4 by kitkev

agree with what your saying about ordinary people going in 2 of our lads run out of the weatherspoons in the borough and attacked the geezer using a chair and bud bottles, one is in a stable condition with multiple stab wounds the other took a slice on his arm, the police have told their families that they slowed down the attacker and probably saved peoples lives.

But the concerning thing is if you get arrested at football for drunken disordely for instance you get banned from games passport taken from you for international games report to police station to sign on at 3 o'clock, but fight in syria and open arms welcome them back.

Why cant draconian measures be put in place for these people as they do for football fans.

The only wetherspoons is Pommelers Rest and that's at Tower bridge

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

London Bridge on 19:00 - Jun 4 with 2897 viewsrsonist

London Bridge on 18:43 - Jun 4 by kitkev

agree with what your saying about ordinary people going in 2 of our lads run out of the weatherspoons in the borough and attacked the geezer using a chair and bud bottles, one is in a stable condition with multiple stab wounds the other took a slice on his arm, the police have told their families that they slowed down the attacker and probably saved peoples lives.

But the concerning thing is if you get arrested at football for drunken disordely for instance you get banned from games passport taken from you for international games report to police station to sign on at 3 o'clock, but fight in syria and open arms welcome them back.

Why cant draconian measures be put in place for these people as they do for football fans.

London Bridge on 19:04 - Jun 4 with 2880 viewsizlingtonhoop

London Bridge on 18:55 - Jun 4 by paulparker

Don't see any point in commenting , if the slaughter of innocent 8 year old girls at a pop concert doesn't get people worked up then nothing will, avoided this mb as I would have been called a racist by the usual suspects
interesting that Brighton got worked up earlier I seem to remember him calling me out after the Westminster attack ,resulting in us having a ding dong , seems he has breaking point to now, (btw that was a dig , just an observation)
we will get the usual sound bites , business as usual , they won't win, muslims are peaceful people,
We will light candles maybe have another pop concert but it will happen again then again and then again until we forget what the last atrocity was , instead of being a nation of people never backing down we have turned into a nation of people who love self pity ,

Thank you.

I knew you were out there.

I honestly thought his responses were satire at first.

I'm still not certain that they weren't.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 19:09]
London Bridge on 19:12 - Jun 4 with 2848 viewskitkev

London Bridge on 19:00 - Jun 4 by rsonist

TRAITOR

Well done to the 2 who steamed in, best wishes to the Wall fan in hospital.
London Bridge on 19:16 - Jun 4 with 2834 views2Thomas2Bowles

London Bridge on 18:55 - Jun 4 by paulparker

A bit unfair pp, as said elsewhere on this thread there were members of the public that did have a go at fighting back and some of them may have died or are in hospital and others that put themselves at risk to help those injured , not everyone runs away in self pity

London Bridge on 19:18 - Jun 4 with 2825 viewsjohncharles

London Bridge on 18:58 - Jun 4 by DWQPR

What can I say Jim, what can I say. I know what I will say but I will leave it for another time and another place old son. And John Charles, I think that my views in this thread have been well considered, certainly more so than those posted by our Spanish emigrant (how ironic), and if you don't agree frankly I don't give a flying one. I promise you I won't lose any sleep over it. In recent days I have been called an apartheid apologist by DannyR, despite posts that suggest nothing of the sort but obviously because I don't suit his political argument what I stated gets twisted. And yet what Brighton Boy suggests makes aparthied look attractive, (please don't twist those words), Anne of course on cue a lefty like yourself would rather attack me rather than refer back to the start and lay into Jimbo. As RangersDave said much earlier it seems that some views are just not allowed on here by the virulent left. My post on Corbyn in this thread is fair game, the thread got a whole lot political before that. Nobody wishes to admit that the information that I provided regarding police numbers per head of population is a fair argument, because it doesn't fit with with some people's agenda. Still, doesn't matter. You get on with it and maybe we might agree one day about something related to QPR.

Again another post full of personal attacks and not a scooby about what went on last night.

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

London Bridge on 19:22 - Jun 4 with 2806 viewsDorse

I was playing a gig last night and some pissed up wannabe comes over and gives me the usual 'can you play such-and-such' bit. As per usual, I am the very soul of diplomacy (yes, really), answer politely and carry on setting up. He then says, 'You know what'd be really funny? Can I shout Allah Akbar down the mic? Watch everyone $hit themselves!' I answered in the negative and made my excuses to leave the odious prick (without plugging the mic onto the desk - you never know).

When I got home about 1AM, I flick on the news and the attack is being reported.

I would happily have gone and tracked down this muggy c*nt and given him a slap: people just like him have been on the receiving end of the object of his little joke. Last time I checked, it isn't funny.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

London Bridge on 19:34 - Jun 4 with 2761 viewsMrSheen

London Bridge on 19:22 - Jun 4 by Dorse

I was playing a gig last night and some pissed up wannabe comes over and gives me the usual 'can you play such-and-such' bit. As per usual, I am the very soul of diplomacy (yes, really), answer politely and carry on setting up. He then says, 'You know what'd be really funny? Can I shout Allah Akbar down the mic? Watch everyone $hit themselves!' I answered in the negative and made my excuses to leave the odious prick (without plugging the mic onto the desk - you never know).

When I got home about 1AM, I flick on the news and the attack is being reported.

I would happily have gone and tracked down this muggy c*nt and given him a slap: people just like him have been on the receiving end of the object of his little joke. Last time I checked, it isn't funny.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/03/juventus-fans-injured-turin-squ
London Bridge (n/t) on 19:34 - Jun 4 with 2761 viewswood_hoop

Taken from BBC Latest News, no doubt will be looked into, but maybe with so many on the list now, their really is a need to increase those looking into these things by a big number,

Friend reported suspected attacker to anti-terror hotline
Posted at 18:57

A friend of one of the suspected attackers says he had reported him to the anti-terror hotline, but no action was taken.

The man, who asked not to be named, told the BBC's Asian Network that the pair had spoken about previous attacks and he was shocked at what he had heard.

"We spoke about a particular attack that had happened and, like most radicals, he had a justification for anything, everything and anything," he said. "That day I realised that I need to contact the authorities."

But the friend claims the suspected attacker was not arrested and was allowed to keep his passport.

"I phoned the anti-terrorist hotline and spoke to the gentleman," he said. "I told him about our conversation and why I think he has been radicalised.

"I did my bit, but the authorities didn't do their bit."

The BBC has asked Scotland Yard for a response.

[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 19:38]
London Bridge on 19:53 - Jun 4 with 2700 viewsDWQPR

London Bridge on 19:18 - Jun 4 by johncharles

Again another post full of personal attacks and not a scooby about what went on last night.

Have a look much earlier in the thread you might surprise your rose-tinted views. Can't be bothered any more. Enjoy your life John. Personal attacks are ok for some and not others (now waiting for the good old snowflake accusation).

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

London Bridge on 20:32 - Jun 4 with 2615 viewsjohncharles

London Bridge on 19:53 - Jun 4 by DWQPR

Have a look much earlier in the thread you might surprise your rose-tinted views. Can't be bothered any more. Enjoy your life John. Personal attacks are ok for some and not others (now waiting for the good old snowflake accusation).

You just don't get it do you ?
Why have I responded ? I have no idea.

London Bridge on 20:54 - Jun 4 with 2554 viewsjohncharles

London Bridge on 19:22 - Jun 4 by Dorse

The first band I ever played in ( we were all at school ) a plonker came up and asked if we could play - Glad All Over.

I hang my head and cry

London Bridge on 21:55 - Jun 4 with 2419 viewspaulparker

London Bridge on 19:16 - Jun 4 by 2Thomas2Bowles

A bit unfair pp, as said elsewhere on this thread there were members of the public that did have a go at fighting back and some of them may have died or are in hospital and others that put themselves at risk to help those injured , not everyone runs away in self pity

yeah good on the couple of blokes who stood firm but where are the others ?
plenty of eye witnesses to seeing a woman stabbed 15 times, don't stand there get into them ,even the community officers had it away on their toes this country is weak its full of the pop idol brigade taking selfies and laying flowers
if this stunt was pulled in a London pub 30 years ago those 3 fellas wouldn't have needed the old bill to kill them the locals would have done it themselves

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

London Bridge on 22:49 - Jun 4 with 2276 viewsBoston

London Bridge on 21:55 - Jun 4 by paulparker

plenty of eye witnesses to seeing a woman stabbed 15 times, don't stand there get into them ,even the community officers had it away on their toes this country is weak its full of the pop idol brigade taking selfies and laying flowers
if this stunt was pulled in a London pub 30 years ago those 3 fellas wouldn't have needed the old bill to kill them the locals would have done it themselves

I tend to agree.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

London Bridge on 22:56 - Jun 4 with 2260 viewsQPR_John

I take your point however it is one thing standing up to somebody with a knife but another if you think that person has a bomb wrapped around them.
London Bridge on 23:01 - Jun 4 with 2244 views2Thomas2Bowles

And I don't agree, sure many fled but it was more than 2 that tried to stand up to them there are plenty of reports if you care to look.

30 years ago, you did not have suicide attacks like these they don't care if they die. IRA left bombs but also warnings some of the time. and were nowhere near getting killed themselves so that's just rubbish.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 23:07]

London Bridge on 23:17 - Jun 4 with 2194 viewsjohncharles

Yeah, those were the days, you couldn't walk into a pub with a knife without the Kray's say so.

London Bridge on 23:22 - Jun 4 with 2175 viewsEmmelars

London Bridge on 16:23 - Jun 4 by PlanetHonneywood

I've not read any of the preceding pages, but having seen some lines, I suspect the usual I'll-informed crap has been interwoven between more considered responses, which may be diametrically opposed to each other, but are nonetheless reasoned. So here's my I'll-informed/reasoned views.

CAUSES

- While not seeking to excuse it; Western imperialism dating back to the crusades is at the root of this. The way we have taken out their chosen leaders to install puppets to appease big business (see further Iran and the seven sisters), the UN doing nothing while 8,000 Muslim men were butchered to death in Srebrenica, Palestine, the 2003 wars and the vacuums created by the most recent disposing of leaders we put in power.
- You're unbelievably naive if you don't think these issues are resulting in huge profits for both sides and as such, this is probably as much a factor as supposed religious ideology.
- Our post 9/11 response has merely added to the problem. We have got it spectacularly wrong.
- We're not fighting an army clad in different uniforms on the opposite side of a battle ground, these blokes live and walk among us. You need to change the thinking.

SOLUTIONS

I wish I had one! I don't but it seems to me, we'd be better off

- Focusing on the Saudis.
- Following the money and if we were as tough on this as we are on benefits cheats, we'd be a long way down the road to sorting this.
- May talks utter hogwash! Police numbers and resources are down and between now and the election, our civil protection services are going to be stretched beyond belief.
- We do need to crackdown on extremists and that requires; engagement with the Muslim community and more resources into intelligence/surveillance and, dare I say it, getting these blokes into jobs and access to better mental health.
- It's easy after the event from the comfort of our homes to knit-pick what the police should have done in the heat of the moment, but we do need to try to keep them alive for questioning, if possible. Yet again, they seem to have reacted brilliantly but if the NHS and police are cut back anymore, how will they cope?
- The politicians and big business caused this, keep them out if we can. Sadly we can't of course, but hold the bastards to account! Which reminds me, has anything happened post-Chilcott?...of course not.

But as with Manchester, we've also seen the best of people. Ordinary civilians running into the battle to help others, not knowing the risks they were running into. That's fcuking brave for you!

When is this cobblers about Imperialism being a one-way eastbound street going to be put to bed?

The Ottomans were thrown back from the gates of Vienna as late as the middle of the 17th century and Bosnia has a Muslim population because it was part of the Ottoman Empire.

Imagine how Europe would look today if it wasn't for John Sobieski's victory in 1643 or the Reconquista in Spain and stop pretending the followers of the Prophet in the Middle East and North Africa would have been content with pruning their date palms and drinking black tea but for us nasty Westerners.
London Bridge on 01:02 - Jun 5 with 2061 viewsNorthernr

Yeh real easy to have a big go on message board though isn't it? Sit there at your keyboard and say what people should have done, would have done back in the day. If only everybody was a Millwall fan and wasn't so bloody soft and left wing and too busy on Instagram or X Factor this sort of thing would be stamped out immediately. That's the big problem here.

Heaven forbid any of us have to suffer that situation for real: guy with a big blade running towards us shouting about Allah; canisters strapped round him; mass panic all around, people running and scrambling this way and that, people screaming, people pushing, shoving, climbing over other people to get up a stair case or down an alley. You don't know if he's alone, you don't know if he's about to pull the pin, you don't know if the thing in his hand is the trigger so you don't know if punching him might blow the whole place up. You don't know what's going on in truth because two seconds ago you were settling into pint five of your Saturday night. You've got those two seconds, under the influence, to process all that.

You think you're capable of a nice, calm, rational reaction? You think you're just going to walk up to this guy, stick one on him, go back to the bar and finish your pint? Good on you. We'd all like to think we'd stride forward on the front foot swinging a bar stool.

But let's be honest. In all likelihood you'd be stricken with absolute fear, panic and shock. You've never experienced anything like this. You'd be absolutely shtting yourself. You wouldn't be in charge of your actions. You wouldn't be able to remember or recall afterwards what you did, what you said, where you went. You'd be absolutely fcking terrified, acting completely on instinct and survival mode. This isn't some dickhead spilling your pint in The British Queen in 1985 FFS.

And yeh some cnt of a journalist might shove a camera on you afterwards and ask you what it was like and you'd mumble or babble some incoherent, half-true, hazy, PTS sht about seeing a girl getting stabbed. And then some even bigger cnt of a cnt would then go on a football message board and say you should have done something about it like in the good old days.

Honestly the Monday Morning Quarter Back routine from the left and right on here after every incident like this is disgusting. Got all the answers have you? Know who to blame and how to solve it all? Think it would all be over by Friday if we just closed all the mosques (how?) and deported all the Muslims (to where?) do you? Think we should just all carry on as normal and "not let them win" and have a big concert and pray for a city and chair another fcking meeting of the fcking Cobra committee do you? Fantastic. Isn't it amazing that groups of people with decades of intelligence and law enforcement expertise with all the information at fingertips are struggling with this while all the (seemingly very simple) answers were available here all along, among the posters of the second busiest QPR message board.

My little brother's a copper in this borough. He's a boy. They give him a few months training, a truncheon, something that looks a bit like a car aerial, a stab proof vest, a succession of 12 hour shifts and strict instructions on not to chase anybody on a moped in case they crash and not to stop and search somebody that may cause them a political problem and that's his lot. Whenever it goes off in London our mum and me have his shift patterns on our phone to see if it's him involved. He's out there tonight. I'm sure he'd be all ears and grateful for the bar room wisdom of people who've never experienced anything like what he faces every single day but nevertheless think this would never have happened in the good old days if only people weren't so wet.

This post has been edited by an administrator
London Bridge on 01:03 - Jun 5 with 2060 viewsNorthernr

London Bridge on 22:49 - Jun 4 by Boston

I tend to agree.

And you.
London Bridge on 01:15 - Jun 5 with 2039 viewsPlanetHonneywood

London Bridge on 23:22 - Jun 4 by Emmelars

When is this cobblers about Imperialism being a one-way eastbound street going to be put to bed?

The Ottomans were thrown back from the gates of Vienna as late as the middle of the 17th century and Bosnia has a Muslim population because it was part of the Ottoman Empire.

Imagine how Europe would look today if it wasn't for John Sobieski's victory in 1643 or the Reconquista in Spain and stop pretending the followers of the Prophet in the Middle East and North Africa would have been content with pruning their date palms and drinking black tea but for us nasty Westerners.

Well seeing as the first of the crusades was in 1095, I'd say the cobblers probably started just after then and if the proceeding years since then have been anything like our conduct just since 2003, I'd say the cobblers has yet to finish!

It's always easy for leaders to focus on the, 'how' is this happening, when the first question should be, 'why' is this happening?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

London Bridge on 01:42 - Jun 5 with 2003 viewsBoston

London Bridge on 01:03 - Jun 5 by Northernr

And you.

No, I think Mr Parker's comment has more than a grain of truth, not just in The Borough, but across the board in most of the old working class neighbourhoods. It's a different world.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

London Bridge on 06:10 - Jun 5 with 1924 viewsPlanetHonneywood

London Bridge on 01:02 - Jun 5 by Northernr

Yeh real easy to have a big go on message board though isn't it? Sit there at your keyboard and say what people should have done, would have done back in the day. If only everybody was a Millwall fan and wasn't so bloody soft and left wing and too busy on Instagram or X Factor this sort of thing would be stamped out immediately. That's the big problem here.

Heaven forbid any of us have to suffer that situation for real: guy with a big blade running towards us shouting about Allah; canisters strapped round him; mass panic all around, people running and scrambling this way and that, people screaming, people pushing, shoving, climbing over other people to get up a stair case or down an alley. You don't know if he's alone, you don't know if he's about to pull the pin, you don't know if the thing in his hand is the trigger so you don't know if punching him might blow the whole place up. You don't know what's going on in truth because two seconds ago you were settling into pint five of your Saturday night. You've got those two seconds, under the influence, to process all that.

You think you're capable of a nice, calm, rational reaction? You think you're just going to walk up to this guy, stick one on him, go back to the bar and finish your pint? Good on you. We'd all like to think we'd stride forward on the front foot swinging a bar stool.

But let's be honest. In all likelihood you'd be stricken with absolute fear, panic and shock. You've never experienced anything like this. You'd be absolutely shtting yourself. You wouldn't be in charge of your actions. You wouldn't be able to remember or recall afterwards what you did, what you said, where you went. You'd be absolutely fcking terrified, acting completely on instinct and survival mode. This isn't some dickhead spilling your pint in The British Queen in 1985 FFS.

And yeh some cnt of a journalist might shove a camera on you afterwards and ask you what it was like and you'd mumble or babble some incoherent, half-true, hazy, PTS sht about seeing a girl getting stabbed. And then some even bigger cnt of a cnt would then go on a football message board and say you should have done something about it like in the good old days.

Honestly the Monday Morning Quarter Back routine from the left and right on here after every incident like this is disgusting. Got all the answers have you? Know who to blame and how to solve it all? Think it would all be over by Friday if we just closed all the mosques (how?) and deported all the Muslims (to where?) do you? Think we should just all carry on as normal and "not let them win" and have a big concert and pray for a city and chair another fcking meeting of the fcking Cobra committee do you? Fantastic. Isn't it amazing that groups of people with decades of intelligence and law enforcement expertise with all the information at fingertips are struggling with this while all the (seemingly very simple) answers were available here all along, among the posters of the second busiest QPR message board.

My little brother's a copper in this borough. He's a boy. They give him a few months training, a truncheon, something that looks a bit like a car aerial, a stab proof vest, a succession of 12 hour shifts and strict instructions on not to chase anybody on a moped in case they crash and not to stop and search somebody that may cause them a political problem and that's his lot. Whenever it goes off in London our mum and me have his shift patterns on our phone to see if it's him involved. He's out there tonight. I'm sure he'd be all ears and grateful for the bar room wisdom of people who've never experienced anything like what he faces every single day but nevertheless think this would never have happened in the good old days if only people weren't so wet.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I actually think I want to have your babies after reading that!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024