Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Venting My Spleen 22:16 - Aug 16 with 10552 viewsDWQPR

Totally wasted my evening tonight watching that clueless lot in particular Johansen who totally stopped us playing in the first half by completing a one man press on our own defence. I cannot for the life of me think that Beale intended that but for nigh on 45 minutes we were back to the pedestrian passing around the defence whilst half the team stood around wondering if the ball would ever reach the half way line. Then we have Dykes. Now I’ve tried to be patient with him but he should have had two goals with his eyes shut tonight and on top of that his movement and anticipation is non existent. Paal doesn’t seem to be much of an improvement on Niko and Dozzell is a ghost. We are lacking in so many areas and to me this recruitment team seem to have many more misses than hits. How nobody had the nouse to get Josh Bowler back, who obviously would have been well within our budget is beyond me. The only shining light this evening was Armstrong. And as for Beale we have now seen in five games about two halves that were worth the watch.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Venting My Spleen on 13:36 - Aug 17 with 1411 viewsTheChef

Venting My Spleen on 13:33 - Aug 17 by CLAREMAN1995

Must be incredibly hard to write those reports now having to go from the highest of highs at Sunderland to this miserable experience last night.
Is it the Players, Managment or system because we are not firing on any cylinders yet

No.

It's QPR.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Venting My Spleen on 13:43 - Aug 17 with 1353 viewsDamo1962

Venting My Spleen on 11:46 - Aug 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

You can’t hinge your season on a 19 year old player who was at Aldershot last season.

It’s not a issue of wether he is good enough (I think overall he is) there are practical considerations too.

We fck him off to St Mirren. Then what?

I don't think Armstrong is the answer...yet. Too much responsibly for someone his age( though if you are the real deal it will become obvious). I do know that if we don't get better than Dykes and Bonne... it's going to be a long season. Everyone wants strikers, I get that, but our need is urgent. We won't keep many clean sheets this season for sure, so it's even more important that we start scoring more goals.
Venting My Spleen on 13:46 - Aug 17 with 1330 viewsDamo1962

Venting My Spleen on 11:51 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

His heart clearly is'nt it?

Is this the bloke who played on for the last 15 minutes versus Forest with a really bad injury last season, the bloke who clashed heads so badly with the WBA centre half last year they were both knocked senseless and got up and played on and still bravely led the line as the alternative was a bloke who could'nt even be bothered to get match fit?

Even last night when there was a break in play for Paal's injury I think, you could see him deeper than Dunne at the Loft end just having a bit of a crisis moment obviously mulling over that mistake.

Fair to criticize last nights mistake, but keep this sort of lacks heart nonsense for Twitter.

That's your opinion, mine is different. Live with it.
Venting My Spleen on 13:52 - Aug 17 with 1327 viewsParkRoyalR

Venting My Spleen on 13:34 - Aug 17 by Padulas_Shampoo

We should be optimistic because we've been as poor in other games this season too? I'm not sure I get your point.

I take no satisfaction from criticising anyone at QPR but there have been some loud warning signs already this season. We need to address and react to those warning signs immediately otherwise this could be a very problematic season.

My point is its fine margins and we should have taken our chances and won last night as should have Boro against us and did'nt.

I am confident Beale will find the right temporary formation (4-2-3-1 imo) until he gets Willock, Richards, Amos and Clarke-Salter back and ready to play.

Last night the wrong formation and missing that sitter led to a lot of frustration but quite a few positives last night (including why Laird chose to come to us?), and even Dozzell's desire in the 2nd Half, which I had'nt seen before.
Venting My Spleen on 13:59 - Aug 17 with 1282 viewsParkRoyalR

Venting My Spleen on 13:46 - Aug 17 by Damo1962

That's your opinion, mine is different. Live with it.

No bother, just mine is based on actually going to games (home & away) and seeing Dykes sprint half the length of the pitch like he did late on against Sunderland to get on the end of Sinclair's cut-back (he took the shot on) and likewise last night running the length of the pitch to block Bowlers first shot.

If you re-watch just those two clips, you may change your opinion that 'his heart is'nt in it' - maybe not.
Venting My Spleen on 14:05 - Aug 17 with 1276 viewsted_hendrix

Venting My Spleen on 13:09 - Aug 17 by Northernr

I'm fuming with that last night. I'll try and be pragmatic and stick up for them and whatever but fck me that was abysmal.

Don't be pragmatic, let It all out as It should be, It might be even worse Saturday (nah can't be can It)?

If ever the phrase 'It's how we respond' was applicable It's now.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Venting My Spleen on 14:15 - Aug 17 with 1244 viewsNorthernr

Venting My Spleen on 13:59 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

No bother, just mine is based on actually going to games (home & away) and seeing Dykes sprint half the length of the pitch like he did late on against Sunderland to get on the end of Sinclair's cut-back (he took the shot on) and likewise last night running the length of the pitch to block Bowlers first shot.

If you re-watch just those two clips, you may change your opinion that 'his heart is'nt in it' - maybe not.

Come on mate, he was absolute pony last night let's be honest about it here.
Venting My Spleen on 14:15 - Aug 17 with 1240 viewsR_from_afar

Venting My Spleen on 13:34 - Aug 17 by Padulas_Shampoo

We should be optimistic because we've been as poor in other games this season too? I'm not sure I get your point.

I take no satisfaction from criticising anyone at QPR but there have been some loud warning signs already this season. We need to address and react to those warning signs immediately otherwise this could be a very problematic season.

I too am very concerned but we are heavily constrained by FFP. It's an ugly situation, aside from tactical and coaching related improvements, the only way we can bring in players is to generate more revenue.

The only ways we can do that are:

- To increase football event and non-football event related revenues - and both of these require a new or rebuilt stadium, and/or
- To sell players, and to fund the purchase of Championship standard players, that probably means high value ones like Chair, Dieng, Willock and perhaps Dickie. That is largely a self-defeating move.

It's brutal, FFP really has its claws in us and we are hamstrung by it. FFP means clubs like us need to find a way of turning base metal into gold. Easy!

Perhaps we can get another striker on loan.

I'm pinning my hopes on Beale and the coaches and the squad somehow finding a formula which grinds out enough points to at least keep us out of a relegation scrap.

One last thing: Our problems are not down to any single player. We are short of quality in many areas, we don't have a Championship standard first choice 11, let alone squad. I think one reason why Bonne and Dykes get so much flak is that we are not creating many chances at the moment, so every one is precious. When we squander one, it can be pivotal, we might only get one more in the game.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Venting My Spleen on 14:25 - Aug 17 with 1199 viewsSonofpugwash

Venting My Spleen on 14:15 - Aug 17 by Northernr

A blind man with his eyes shut would have buried that chance,my old granny would have done.And she's dead.

But what do I know - TV obviously distorts the truth.Glad I wasn't there in person.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Venting My Spleen on 14:37 - Aug 17 with 1176 viewsdmm

Our first choice starting 11 is Championship standard. Players like Dieng, Dickie, Field, Willock and Chair would get in many if not most Championship squads.

I'm happy to settle for midtable this season if we play to our potential and work to the strategy the club has decided upon. But Beale has to get his approach right, and he's some way off that at the moment. There's nothing to say he can't get there in the coming weeks though.
Venting My Spleen on 14:43 - Aug 17 with 1157 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Venting My Spleen on 14:25 - Aug 17 by Sonofpugwash

A blind man with his eyes shut would have buried that chance,my old granny would have done.And she's dead.

But what do I know - TV obviously distorts the truth.Glad I wasn't there in person.

Yet he's been our top scoring striker for what? Three season now.

Don't shit the bed if you don't have new sheets ready.
Venting My Spleen on 14:45 - Aug 17 with 1145 viewsParkRoyalR

Venting My Spleen on 14:15 - Aug 17 by Northernr

Honestly disagree, I actually re-watched it through when I got home, that hands-up brain fade moment was unforgivable, but arguably he created that opportunity and I thought his general play was decent.
Venting My Spleen on 14:50 - Aug 17 with 1125 viewsSonofpugwash

Venting My Spleen on 14:43 - Aug 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yet he's been our top scoring striker for what? Three season now.

Don't shit the bed if you don't have new sheets ready.

Well I'll bow to superior knowledge there about matters scatological.I would recommend you use Bold to get the smell out.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Venting My Spleen on 14:50 - Aug 17 with 1128 viewsbakerloo8

Venting My Spleen on 14:45 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

Honestly disagree, I actually re-watched it through when I got home, that hands-up brain fade moment was unforgivable, but arguably he created that opportunity and I thought his general play was decent.

Dykes looks like the pressure of leading the line for a Championship club is taking its toll on him. Bench him for 4 games and tell the Armstrong kid he's got the next 4 games starting and no pressure. Release the beast
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 14:51]
Venting My Spleen on 14:51 - Aug 17 with 1123 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Venting My Spleen on 14:15 - Aug 17 by R_from_afar

I too am very concerned but we are heavily constrained by FFP. It's an ugly situation, aside from tactical and coaching related improvements, the only way we can bring in players is to generate more revenue.

The only ways we can do that are:

- To increase football event and non-football event related revenues - and both of these require a new or rebuilt stadium, and/or
- To sell players, and to fund the purchase of Championship standard players, that probably means high value ones like Chair, Dieng, Willock and perhaps Dickie. That is largely a self-defeating move.

It's brutal, FFP really has its claws in us and we are hamstrung by it. FFP means clubs like us need to find a way of turning base metal into gold. Easy!

Perhaps we can get another striker on loan.

I'm pinning my hopes on Beale and the coaches and the squad somehow finding a formula which grinds out enough points to at least keep us out of a relegation scrap.

One last thing: Our problems are not down to any single player. We are short of quality in many areas, we don't have a Championship standard first choice 11, let alone squad. I think one reason why Bonne and Dykes get so much flak is that we are not creating many chances at the moment, so every one is precious. When we squander one, it can be pivotal, we might only get one more in the game.

I get all that and agree on the whole. I'm glad we're taking it seriously and don't want to cheat the rules and other teams in our division no matter how unreasonable those rules are.

However... We still have a mid-table budget. Capology this year has us spending more on wages this season than Preston, Blackburn, Millwall, Huddersfield.It has us spending 5x what Rotherham are and double Sunderland (though they have spent enormous transfer fees), Coventry and Blackpool.

Surely the move to Mick Beale is to try to get as much out of that budget as physically possible? We all know by now we can't spend like a top 6 team so the way we get there is to out perform our budget relative to our peers. And of course in doing so, raise the budget over time by bringing in funds by selling assets.

I don't crave us spending more money than we have. The way we've invested transfer fees and salary on strikers over the last three years, I'd rather them lock the chequebook up completely. What I want to see are signs that the tactical approach can maximise the ability we have within the squad and win us points consistently - basically what Huddersfield and Luton did last year. And Coventry to a lesser extent.

We're not seeing that in the early games. We're seeing the opposite. Sunderland, Blackburn and Blackpool all had us playing to their tune and plan. If the same thing happens on Saturday, the knives will be out (already).

If we have the 13th highest wage budget, we shouldn't really be flirting with - nor performing like - a bottom third team. That was a bottom third performance last night. As was Sunderland, despite the enjoyable 5 minutes of heroics.
Venting My Spleen on 14:52 - Aug 17 with 1115 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Venting My Spleen on 14:37 - Aug 17 by dmm

Our first choice starting 11 is Championship standard. Players like Dieng, Dickie, Field, Willock and Chair would get in many if not most Championship squads.

I'm happy to settle for midtable this season if we play to our potential and work to the strategy the club has decided upon. But Beale has to get his approach right, and he's some way off that at the moment. There's nothing to say he can't get there in the coming weeks though.

Spot on. Well said. That's exactly where we are right now. Quite a lot hinges on Saturday though.
Venting My Spleen on 15:14 - Aug 17 with 1050 viewsnix

Just one more point I don't think's been made although apologies if a Spackman but Blackpool before this game had had back to back losses. Maybe they had had a rocket from their manager and played out of their skins for this one, not wanting to lose three consecutive league matches plus a cup game against a League Two side.
Venting My Spleen on 15:24 - Aug 17 with 1027 viewskensalriser

Venting My Spleen on 13:22 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

Northern, I get your frustration but I thought we were worse against Sunderland for 85 minutes and got lucky at both ends of the pitch against Middlesboro, did'nt see Blackburn game but the stats speak for themselves,

Bar a fortunate rebound for Bowler and Dykes's aberration, with a make-shift midfield 3, we only gave them 1 or 2 chances in the 90 and should have taken at least 2 of our chances to change the game.

Althou I get that aberration, the ponderous 1st Half build-up play and the officiating last night was enough to sour the mood, I saw positives in Roberts again, Armstrong's cameo and even Dozzells 2nd Half performance to be optimistic.

Let's not pretend Blackpool didn't deserve that goal. They broke with pace, got through us all too easily and it was a good strike. It had been coming, too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Venting My Spleen on 15:45 - Aug 17 with 994 viewspaulparker

Venting My Spleen on 13:09 - Aug 17 by Northernr

I'm fuming with that last night. I'll try and be pragmatic and stick up for them and whatever but fck me that was abysmal.

I’d love to know your opinion on why the manager thought bringing on Shodipo instead of Adomah was a good idea , we are looking for creativity and uncle proved that with that ball at the end
Shame he was only on 5 minutes

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Venting My Spleen on 16:21 - Aug 17 with 936 viewsted_hendrix

The last time Blackpool won at LR was February 1972, 50 Years ago.
By my reckoning and the laws of physics they will probably beat us again at LR in the year 2072 by a scoreline of 1-0 after spending some 74 minutes of said match being stretched off and on again.
Although I'm planning to have a ST in the year 2072 at the ripe old age of 132 I'm not gonna go to the game so If anyone wants it you can borrow my ST.

Let me know.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Venting My Spleen on 16:30 - Aug 17 with 920 viewsDWQPR

Venting My Spleen on 16:21 - Aug 17 by ted_hendrix

The last time Blackpool won at LR was February 1972, 50 Years ago.
By my reckoning and the laws of physics they will probably beat us again at LR in the year 2072 by a scoreline of 1-0 after spending some 74 minutes of said match being stretched off and on again.
Although I'm planning to have a ST in the year 2072 at the ripe old age of 132 I'm not gonna go to the game so If anyone wants it you can borrow my ST.

Let me know.

Ted, I know from your previous posts that you are retired but are you sure you’ll be 132 in 2072? If so how was the war for you?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Venting My Spleen on 17:02 - Aug 17 with 853 viewsDamo1962

Venting My Spleen on 15:14 - Aug 17 by nix

Just one more point I don't think's been made although apologies if a Spackman but Blackpool before this game had had back to back losses. Maybe they had had a rocket from their manager and played out of their skins for this one, not wanting to lose three consecutive league matches plus a cup game against a League Two side.

That hasn't mad me feel any better 😉
Venting My Spleen on 17:04 - Aug 17 with 847 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Venting My Spleen on 14:45 - Aug 17 by ParkRoyalR

I agree with you, to a point, Parky.

I thought his general play was good and his work-rate was excellent.
But, if a striker misses chances it's not a good night for him.

5 or 6 out of 10 last night, but that's still an average of 6-7 so far this season with 1 goal out of 3. I think he'll provide a decent amount of goals and assists if we keep playing like this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Venting My Spleen on 17:10 - Aug 17 with 823 viewsParkRoyalR

Venting My Spleen on 17:04 - Aug 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree with you, to a point, Parky.

I thought his general play was good and his work-rate was excellent.
But, if a striker misses chances it's not a good night for him.

5 or 6 out of 10 last night, but that's still an average of 6-7 so far this season with 1 goal out of 3. I think he'll provide a decent amount of goals and assists if we keep playing like this.

Yep, he does'nt have that brain-fade and we win the game,

We've seen before he's a confidence player and that miss did effect him last night and probably prompted him to run the length of the field to try to stop Bowlers goal,

That's not where we want him (or Willock for that matter who did the same v Boro), we need Dykes taking his chances as with Willock, Roberts, Laird etc in the team, I believe he'll get plenty of chances this season, so he needs to get over last night and start taking his chances.
Venting My Spleen on 17:14 - Aug 17 with 818 viewsgrumpyoldranger

Ferdinand became DoF on 4 February 2015 when we were 17th in EPL
Since then we have had 9 managers
No progression and when we have had signs of progression it has been stamped out by Dof (like under Warburton - undermine and get rid and be scared to turn up to see fans at last home game)
Beale is dealing with
1) a decent first eleven but crap squad
2) poor recruiting by you know who
3) backstabbing by you know who
Unfortunately the owners have been sucked in by Teflon when in reality is he really doing what is best for QPR? or pushing his own agendas? You can see from our lack of progression since he became our Dof that he is not helping on the field
One of our best goalscorers but unfortunately a crap DoF imho
Apart from playing golf with the owners what else does he contribute?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024